Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 10:37   #466
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I have booked the V CVT and till about last week, I was told not to expect my car for another 1-2 months. Pulled some strings and magically was allocated a car on the next day only to later find out that it was the display car. When asked they were very frank about the fact that it is a display car.

Anyway I have refused to take the display car and now continue to wait for my car. The only estimate I have at the moment is August-September.
SneakyFunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 10:52   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
I have booked the V CVT and till about last week, I was told not to expect my car for another 1-2 months. Pulled some strings and magically was allocated a car on the next day only to later find out that it was the display car. When asked they were very frank about the fact that it is a display car.

Anyway I have refused to take the display car and now continue to wait for my car. The only estimate I have at the moment is August-September.
This is the sort of thing that worried me. I feel a car purchase shouldn't be such a high stress experience but such is life. I have been promised a taffeta white V CVT in August. He showed me an excel sheet with the delivery schedule, nevertheless will have to do an extensive pre delivery inspection to make sure.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:17   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
This is the sort of thing that worried me. I feel a car purchase shouldn't be such a high stress experience but such is life. I have been promised a taffeta white V CVT in August. He showed me an excel sheet with the delivery schedule, nevertheless will have to do an extensive pre delivery inspection to make sure.
A display car.... actually you could have had much worse. The demo cars are being sold off in quite a few showrooms.

An extensive PDI is a must these days.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:11   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
A display car. Actually you could have had much worse. The demo cars are being sold off in quite a few showrooms.

An extensive PDI is a must these days.
Demo car meaning test drive car? I would be furious if that was the case.

Point to note is I was not told that it's a display car until I asked the question. Thankful that they didn't lie about it being a display car but bitter that they didn't come forward with the information in the first place.
I have insisted that I will do my own PDI at the stockyard before the car is invoiced.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:20   #470
Senior - BHPian

A bit off topic: When I took delivery of my Lodgy, my preferred colour wasn't readily available at the stock yard. The display car that I just finished checking out was the colour I wanted. Fix? Took delivery of the display car in 2 days time and I've been using it for the last 2 months now. Everything is perfect and no complaints.

This was my reasoning: the display car although being sat in checked out by many people, it's safely locked in an air conditioned room, protected from the sweltering heat, crow poo, vagaries of weather and surrounding environment. If the car had been from a stock yard, yes it will be spanking clean on the date of delivery but if you took time to visit the stock yard, you will notice the pathetic condition of your future car. Some places even use stock yard cars for the lorry drivers to rest, relax and have food or smoke and play a game of cards or listen to some music. The display car in the showroom is at least cleaned and maintained properly for the customers to check it out.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 27th July 2015 at 13:25.
Old 27th July 2015, 16:10   #471
BHPian

Question for the new Jazz VX owners with the AVN system. Do you know how to turn the microphone off during a phone call (mute)? I find there is no option in the UI to do this. It is a big pain if you have to attend a conference call from your car and no provision to mute. Of course, I can do it through the phone. But is there any other way?

I realized that Tune button works like 'Mute' when playing music. Not sure if the same can be used. I can only test it today evening. But curious if others come across this requirement like me.
Old 27th July 2015, 17:24   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Can anybody here let me know the price for the arm rest?

Currently amazon is selling it for Rs 1050 but this may be for the older model.BTW can we fit this for the new one?
The new armrest for the jazz is available on aliexpress for around USD 35
Old 27th July 2015, 17:43   #473
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
The new armrest for the jazz is available on aliexpress for around USD 35
Thank you. I think I might choose one of these

Option 1
Option 2
SKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 21:47   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
This was my reasoning: the display car although being sat in checked out by many people, it's safely locked in an air conditioned room, protected from the sweltering heat, crow poo, vagaries of weather and surrounding environment.
Yes sir, I definitely agree with your reasoning. However, if you do not do a proper PDI, there are good chances of you getting broken / damaged / replaced parts. Reason why I say this - When I went to check out the Jazz in Whitefield Honda, the SA was showing the Magic seat features in the displayed VX variant. When prospective customers requested him to show the seat fold feature in V variant, he said that someone who checked out the car earlier mis-handled the lever and broke it. He also said the parcel tray in the VX variant was broken by one of the prospective customers who was checking out the car. It is very common for people to press and push the panels in the display car to check the strength of sheet metal and this might cause dents. The paint on and near the door handles has very high probability of being scratched more. Same with the piano black panels, touch screen panels, etc.

Now, even though this might be attributed to the poor quality of parts, there is very high probability that you will not notice most of this if the PDI is not thorough and even if you find them, it might be a pain getting all these fixed / replaced by the showroom guys before delivery. Like you said, a detailed and thorough PDI is the key and it is at-most important to be 100% satisfied with the vehicle before one takes delivery.
Vigkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 11:38   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Thank you. I think I might choose one of these

Option 1
Option 2
The arm rests are of two types one for up to second generation and the second for 3 rd generation (The All New Jazz 2015). The one I am considering is this:

ArmRest
Old 28th July 2015, 20:14   #476

I have been allotted the honda jazz petrol VX version now I am worried whether to buy it or not because there is no engine guard and oil sump is dangerously exposed. i frequently drive on highways and even the roads in mumbai where i live are not exactly good esp in monsoons. Should i go in for the diesel version which has engine guard and better engine but costs about 1.5L more. Could someone please help. Have to reply the dealer tomorrow whether i will opt for the petrol car. Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 02:44   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion View Post
I have been allotted the honda jazz petrol VX version now I am worried whether to buy it or not because there is no engine guard and oil sump is dangerously exposed. i frequently drive on highways and even the roads in mumbai where i live are not exactly good esp in monsoons. Should i go in for the diesel version which has engine guard and better engine but costs about 1.5L more. Could someone please help. Have to reply the dealer tomorrow whether i will opt for the petrol car. Thanks
Well Stallion, IMO, the decision of petrol vs diesel should be based on your annual running and your personal preferences. If the absence of engine guard is the issue, I think it can be done from outside unless the design itself prevents the placement of a guard - which I don't think is the case. If your annual running is less and your preference is petrol engine, why do you want to buy a diesel and spend around 1.5 lakhs extra just for the engine guard?? Instead, buy the petrol and spend a few thousands to fit the engine guard. My 2 paise!!
Old 29th July 2015, 10:24   #478
BHPian

I have booked the jazz S diesel. Now the delivery date is near, I am wondering whether I should switch to petrol.
On diesel I am paying almost 1.5 L extra considering the loan interest as well.
My daily run is around 40 kms and I figured my annual run to approx. 16K.
I don't have much realistic idea how the fuel pries are going to rise in coming 5-6 years.
Also now in Delhi this new on road permit of diesel cars limited to 10 years where as petrol ones can stay for 15 years. So resale prices will depreciate faster on a diesel after 5-6 years whereas the petrol ones may enjoy longer life hence comparatively higher resale value.
I am totally confused now. Need opinions.
Short on time!
Thanks
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 11:33   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
A bit off topic: When I took delivery of my Lodgy, my preferred colour wasn't readily available at the stock yard. The display car that I just finished checking out was the colour I wanted. Fix? Took delivery of the display car in 2 days time and I've been using it for the last 2 months now. Everything is perfect and no complaints.

This was my reasoning: the display car although being sat in checked out by many people, it's safely locked in an air conditioned room, protected from the sweltering heat, crow poo, vagaries of weather and surrounding environment. If the car had been from a stock yard, yes it will be spanking clean on the date of delivery but if you took time to visit the stock yard, you will notice the pathetic condition of your future car. Some places even use stock yard cars for the lorry drivers to rest, relax and have food or smoke and play a game of cards or listen to some music. The display car in the showroom is at least cleaned and maintained properly for the customers to check it out.
Ideally, the dealerships should be transparent enough to acknowledge the sale of a 'Display' car or a 'Test Drive' car. Subsequently, they should give discounts on the same which would make the sale a fair deal. A 10K discount on the display car and 25K discount on test drice car would be good enough IMHO.
akash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 11:50   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Ideally, the dealerships should be transparent enough to acknowledge the sale of a 'Display' car or a 'Test Drive' car. Subsequently, they should give discounts on the same which would make the sale a fair deal. A 10K discount on the display car and 25K discount on test drice car would be good enough IMHO.
A Testdrive car should surely attract more discount. They are usually abused badly. As far as display car is concerned, there are more chances that a display car is clean neat and in perfect condition than the stock yard cars. Of course there will be exceptions, but a display car if at all is offered for sale after proper PDI is not a bad choice. I have come to this conclusion after seeing the state of affairs at some of the car stock yards, especially during rainy season.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks