Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 16:17   #7591
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1.0 booster jet / downsized M16 petrol is more likely. 1.4 booster jet, I don't have any hopes.
Sad to hear that. Maruti should give us competent petrol engines now that the diesel is a road burner.

Quote:
Not anytime soon. Maruti has made fresh deal with Fiat for more engines. Also, some of my reliable sources have said that there is not much progress regarding 1.5 Suzuki diesel engine. Remember Nano diesel engine?
I am one of those many people hoping that MSIL never ends up designing and testing this engine atleast for the next 4 or 5 years. I have shortlisted the S-cross as a lateral upgrade to our Jetta and I want that 1.6 Multijet to stay.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 16:27   #7592
BHPian

The 1.0 Boosterjet is very competent burner and is confirmed for the S-cross. It has got rave reviews
  • And here, where the engine perfectly suits the S-cross
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/motoring/250885/suzuki-s-cross-is-a-neat-family-crossover.html

So, the 1.0 Boosterjet is confirmed and is a winner on the S-cross. Should more than double the sales numbers as current ~2k monthly sales is for diesel only

Let's hope the 1.6 stays as well. I for one hope Maruti keeps the 1.3 Multijet for ever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Sad to hear that. Maruti should give us competent petrol engines now that the diesel is a road burner.
1.0 Boosterjet is confirmed. 1.4 Boosterjet is likely. 1.5 L Petrol that is exported to Indonesia is likely for Ciaz but not for S-cross, so no M16 petrol or downsized one in S-cross.
1.0 boosterjet confirmed and 1.4 likely. My sources say that both these engines are getting locally produced by Suzuki in India in time for the S-cross facelift and also for export.
Quote:
1.0 booster jet / downsized M16 petrol is more likely. 1.4 booster jet, I don't have any hopes.
Great notes. Agree that it is difficult for a small manufacturer globally like Suzuki to invest in R&D for a grounds up diesel engine. I was hoping for the good of India that our engineers show themselves capable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
It's not easy to develop a common rail diesel from scratch and Suzuki have never made diesels before.
Tata's 2.2 Dicor was an engine developed by AVL Austria. Tata have fine tuned it in recent years but Tata's 2.2 and Mahindra's 2.2 were developed by AVL and interestingly, if you noticed, their engine blocks are eerily similar.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 20:55   #7593
BHPian

Need a small help friends -
Negotiated an exchange price of 12k (4 tyres) to replace stock JK Elanzos with Michelin P3ST on S Cross. P3ST stock may be about 4-5 months old. Sounds like a deal?
Old 10th June 2017, 21:33   #7594
BHPian

Interestingly, the 1.0 Boosterjet will have a flat torque curve and no lag. As the article in autocar India says, the Boosterjet will have a relatively flat band of max torque (150Nm) from 1,700-4500 rpm. See below

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ok-404278.aspx

Only catch in S-cross could be that the ARAI km/liter in S-cross would be 18 given its higher weight vs. the Baleno, which means real world mileage could be lower. That could be one negative of the Boosterjet which might make people still go for 1.6 (if available) given that the costs would be close

Quote:
Yes, you are right. But I have little hope because few Alfa Romeo / Fiat cars with same 1.6 MJD engine have more flatter curve than the 1.6 DDIS in S-Cross
Old 10th June 2017, 21:50   #7595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Need a small help friends -
Negotiated an exchange price of 12k (4 tyres) to replace stock JK Elanzos with Michelin P3ST on S Cross. P3ST stock may be about 4-5 months old. Sounds like a deal?
Sounds like a very nice deal, any P3ST stock will be a minimum 3-4 months old since it is an import, so no problems there. Go ahead with the deal, P3ST is a safe bet.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 22:17   #7596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Sounds like a very nice deal, any P3ST stock will be a minimum 3-4 months old since it is an import, so no problems there. Go ahead with the deal, P3ST is a safe bet.
Thanks Agam.

Considering that I will be doing sub 100kmph speeds on my car, wondering if tyre-noise and road-grip are really an issue with JK Elanzos. I might spend this amount instead on damping of doors and boot, a decent amp with 2-channel components at the front. The current speakers seem to miss out on the vocals.
Old 10th June 2017, 22:55   #7597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Agam.

Considering that I will be doing sub 100kmph speeds on my car, wondering if tyre-noise and road-grip are really an issue with JK Elanzos. I might spend this amount instead on damping of doors and boot, a decent amp with 2-channel components at the front. The current speakers seem to miss out on the vocals.
The JKs are good tyres, but remember they will become a headache once you cross the 20K mark. Hard Indian tyres are always prone to road noise and the JKs are no different.

Even my tyres were manufactured 3 to 4 months back as Agam sir has said. That's not an issue. Tyres have a shelf life of a year.

We changed from Goodyears on our Jetta to Michelin 3ST and the difference is a lot. Road noise is gone and the grip levels have also increased. The S-Cross with its excellent dynamics deserves better.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 23:14   #7598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Elanzos are good enough for sub 100 kmph speeds. It's just that there are much better tyres in the market . But, upgrade is a must if you want better high speed stability, cornering etc. Audio or better rubber, take a call based on your priorities. The deal what you have got for tyre swap is really good though.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 08:52   #7599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The JKs are good tyres, but remember they will become a headache once you cross the 20K mark.
Thanks Vishy, point taken. I will go ahead with P3ST.

Quote:
Elanzos are good enough for sub 100 kmph speeds.
Yes, it's indeed a good deal. I figured it out after reading posts from other S Cross fellow-members who were willing to swap their tyres.

For audio, since the sound output already is a bit bass-heavy to my taste, i.e. the 'dhick' dominates the 'chick'(pun not intended ), I will initially try with components at the front to cover for the vocals and higher frequencies. In case that doesn't help, I will add amp and rear co-axials later.

Last edited by ampere : 11th June 2017 at 09:43.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:37   #7600
BHPian

Quote:
Elanzos are good enough for sub 100 kmph speeds. It's just that there are much better tyres in the market . But, upgrade is a must if you want better high speed stability, cornering etc. Audio or better rubber, take a call based on your priorities. The deal what you have got for tyre swap is really good though.

Cheers!!
Agree with our doctor. I would recommend you to continue with the stock tyres. I have run 10k plus till now and road noise is not a concern if the music is on. Since you are also a sedate driver there shouldn't be any issues. Continue with stock and invest in higher priority ones. Currently most of us are not happy with our stock HL and we are planning to upgrade the same as it has become utmost priority. Probably think on those lines. All the best
Ananthc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 10:11   #7601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Agree with our doctor. I would recommend you to continue with the stock tyres. I have run 10k plus till now and road noise is not a concern if the music is on. Since you are also a sedate driver there shouldn't be any issues. Continue with stock and invest in higher priority ones.
I don't like any noise at the background spoiling the audio-experience, which is mostly about Jagjit Singh, A R Rahman, Amit Trivedi type music. If tyre-noise doesn't hamper it, I may not bother changing tyres. That's the reason I thought about investing on damping and better component-speakers.

Quote:
Currently most of us are not happy with our stock HL and we are planning to upgrade the same as it has become utmost priority. Probably think on those lines. All the best
For the headlights, I have purchased Alpha and appreciate the fact that they are only 25W-HIDs. Unless they work like a 3-Volt torch, this may not be my concern too as most of my driving will be on well-lit city roads. If the HIDs are too bad, Morimotos may be the next upgrade, though not anytime soon.
torquehead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 15:39   #7602
BHPian

I wish that the 1.6 litre engine is retained in the facelift version also.
Old 11th June 2017, 15:54   #7603
BHPian

I had a short drive on fellow BHPian Sudeep's remapped 1.3, while we met for a correction on XP micro HID fog lamp upgrade yesterday. Posted by observations in his ownership thread. Pasting the link here for the benefit of 1.3 owners planning for remap:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4214706

Thanks for the wonderful interaction, Sudeep
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 17:50   #7604
ike
BHPian

Any of you guys use the sunglass holder regularly? If I put my shades in the sunglass holder there's an irritating rattle. Not sure if there's anything wrong with the holder of if it is my glasses that are the problem.
Old 11th June 2017, 18:36   #7605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Any of you guys use the sunglass holder regularly? If I put my shades in the sunglass holder there's an irritating rattle. Not sure if there's anything wrong with the holder of if it is my glasses that are the problem.
It's universal rattle Ike try adding some soft material and it should solve your problem.
Ananthc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks