Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:05   #151
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Something is sounding really fishy in my case. I talked to them about PDI and they reacted as if they have heard this word for the first time. They told me I can check the vehicle at the time of delivery before I sign the documents. Any inspection before that would not be possible.

Moreover they want the payment in check/cash tomorrow when I submit the documents for loan. I don't know what kind of negotiation power I will have at the time of delivery if I have already made the payment. Even if the vehicle has some problem they can just plainly ask me to wait for a month or two for another vehicle and I won't be able to do anything.

Another strange thing they told me was that the car will be delivered with a "temporary" Haryana number plate because their showroom is in Gurgaon (I am in Delhi). And I will get the registration and number plate (in my name) in a month. I haven't heard of any such thing before. I seriously doubt they are trying to sell me a test drive vehicle. What do you guys think? Can Renault go to such heights to cheat a new customer?
Harsh as it may sound, I would walk away from this car. First they are pushing accessories of 25k down your throat (due to the hefty margins) and they are also refusing the PDI!

When the new City was launched, my dealer did give me the PDI despite all the hullabaloo around the car. And I did the entire deal with my terms and conditions because I maintained a strong ground throughout (except the insurance which I bought from them in order to get everything else my way). Got it for my Dzire as well as have fellow members on this forum for their cars. It's your right to inspect something before purchase. Once car is registered in your name, you can't do anything keep in mind.

Take a step back, wait for a couple of months and do it right rather than being pushed into a situation. It's a typical tactic by showrooms in order to earn margins. Keep in mind that the SA's fixed salary is one thing but the variable component is massive. So they resort to any measures (including ridiculous lies) to close the deal at the max possible value especially if they see the customer is desperate to get the car fast.

Read the T-BHPs buying new car guide carefully and you'll these points and some more over there.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 23rd October 2015 at 15:10.
avdhesh15 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review Vid.

Looks like a very competitive car for the segments. Looks excellent for the price as well.

Would have been easily in the top 5 sellers list if it came with a Maruti badge. I hope Renault gets its customer experience and service availability better to make this product win.

The cost difference between this car and Nano GenX is just about 50K! It's amazing how badly Tata lost the plot with Nano.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:05   #153
BHPian

Renault is in no mood to stop the onslaught with Kwid. It is adding two more variants to it's line up - Kwid Racer and Kwid Climber.

While the Renault Kwid Racer will be more sporty hatchback and targeted at the young crowd in India, the Renault Kwid Climber crossover hatch will be more for off-roading. Moreover, the variants could even get the more powerful 1.0-litre engine with automatic transmission, say reports.

Link to the report - http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/505519.html
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:14   #154
BHPian

I had a small question about the PDI. When we make a down payment, is not a vehicle all ready allocated to the buyer. Which then comes from the manufacturing node and delivered. So which vehicle is actually checked out in the PDI..? We have the liberty to reject it..? Is this done before the booking amount / down payment is given..?

Sorry for such basic questions.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:20   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I had a small question about the PDI. When we make a down payment, is not a vehicle all ready allocated to the buyer. Which then comes from the manufacturing node and delivered. So which vehicle is actually checked out in the PDI..? We have the liberty to reject it..? Is this done before the booking amount / down payment is given..?

Sorry for such basic questions.
You can reject the vehicle as the allocation is done only once the vehicle is in transit. That also can be cancelled.

You cannot reject the vehicle if the insurance or registration has been done.

Best is to do a PDI once it reaches the yard. If you reject it then they will allot that car to someone else in queue and you will need to wait for another one to be allocated to you.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:25   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can reject the vehicle as the allocation is done only once the vehicle is in transit. That also can be cancelled.

You cannot reject the vehicle if the insurance or registration has been done.

Best is to do a PDI once it reaches the yard. If you reject it then they will allot that car to someone else in queue and you will need to wait for another one to be allocated to you.
Thanks for the reply. I have seen dealers tell me: As soon as I pay the booking amount and/or down payment: the vehicle's chassis number (at the factory) is allocated against my name. Is this true. At the PDI facility, will I get to check out "this" specific pre-assigned vehicle. Or were the dealers laying hogwash...? I am confused. So the PDI has to be done before the insurance/RTO documents are filed.?
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:35   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I have seen dealers tell me: As soon as I pay the booking amount and/or down payment: the vehicle's chassis number (at the factory) is allocated against my name. Is this true. At the PDI facility, will I get to check out "this" specific pre-assigned vehicle. Or were the dealers laying hogwash...? I am confused. So the PDI has to be done before the insurance/RTO documents are filed.?
Yes for some low selling cars, they allocate the chasis number to your name. Usually that's how the car is blocked. But this is not to say it cannot be changed.

You have only paid the booking amount. Say you don't have funds or bank rejects the loan what can they do? At worse case they will keep a small % of the booking amount and return the rest.

Once the insurance is done and loan is approved there is no going back.

So you can still reject the car even after it it has reached dealership but cannot reject it after insurance/registration.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:51   #158
BHPian

At last, I saw the Kwid for the first time on the road, waiting at a U turn, in front of my car. This was a red colour test car.
I have not test driven it, didn't sit inside, didn't even see it closely in a showroom setting.
Boy, this car was big. From the rear, it looked like the Grand i10. Due to the increased GC, and the SUV inspired design, it looked more like Etios Cross etc when seen in person.
My first feeling is that, when I purchased Alto 800, if this car was available, I would have considered this first, before anything.
I seriously feel, Alto 800 is expensive in comparison, though both these cars are priced almost similarly.
I can almost hear someone saying, "Your car is so small? Look my Kwid can seat 4 people in comfort and still can carry luggages to airport. While you don't even have 12V port in your car, I have GPS navigation. Have you heard of it? Guess what, we both paid same price!"
We, Alto 800 owners have only one reply. We are supported by M.A.S.S. If Renault can equal that, then there could be no stopping the Kwid.
hybridpetrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:05   #159
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle is normally released from the factory with your name, but it's not 100% only for you, unless and untill you pay the remaining amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You have only paid the booking amount. At worse case they will keep a small % of the booking amount and return the rest.

Once the insurance is done and loan is approved there is no going back.

So you can still reject the car even after it it has reached dealership but cannot reject it after insurance/registration.
Regarding the small % of booking amount, it is normally mentioned in small print on the price list. In case of Ford, they refund the complete booking amount and it is in writing on the price list.

Do check with the SA while booking the vehicle to be doubly sure.

Last edited by teemus : 23rd October 2015 at 17:07.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 18:57   #160
Senior - BHPian

I was at the Renault showroom in Baner, Pune on the Dusshera day to test drive the Duster.

There were at least ~ 200+ people in that big showroom, so I thought its going to be a very long wait to get a test drive for Duster. But 190 of those 200 people were there for the KWID !!! Crazy, maniacal, impatient crowd waiting to either book, get accessories, get a test drive or get information of the Kwid. The Kwid seems to have hit the nerves of Indian customer IMO.

I saw a proper queue to test drive the Kwid. Families were standing in mid-day heat to get their hands on the baby Duster.

The SA told me that they have received 800+ bookings and there were 59 Kwid to be delivered on that day.

On a personal note, for around 4 lacs on-road, India has not seen a better looking car yet. Kwid seriously looks damn good and even the interiors are very contemporary (digital speedo is the favorite with all customers)
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:13   #161
BHPian

I admit its a very good product and far better than the competition. But I fail to understand this mad rush. (Last week I saw a huge crowd in trident Renault ). The top end model costs around 4.5l on road. One can get an i10 or Wagon R(or other similar products from maruti) for another 1 lakh or so. Does that not make sense?
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:17   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
- If you want a Delhi registration, the vehicle will be delivered to you with your registered number and not the temporary number; though the HSRP will be installed after a month or so. You will get complete papers including the fee receipt of RTO and the number allocated to you. The dealer is BS*ing here.
- Also if you stay without Delhi registration, you cannot drive vehicle (as per law) and you will have to live with just an open "cover note" instead of insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Harsh as it may sound, I would walk away from this car. First they are pushing accessories of 25k down your throat (due to the hefty margins) and they are also refusing the PDI!
Today they called me several times. I clearly told them that I am not buying the car as I have serious doubts because of their refusing the PDI and the weird registration process.

The asst. manager at the dealership explained to me that since Renault dealership don't make a huge number of deliveries every month, unlike Maruti and Hyundai, they don't have pre assigned number plates from RTO and have to go through due process. Instead they have temporary number place and registration certificates issued by Chandigarh RTO (where their main office is located). According to them I should have no problem driving the car with the temp number and certificate. They said that I visit their showroom and see that they deliver 10+ car everyday with similar process (a temp Haryana number). Should I believe him?

About the PDI they agreed that they will bring the car to the showroom one day before the delivery date and the registration and payment process will be done only after I inspect and approve the car. I asked them why they installed the accessories worth 25k at the "yard" without the customer's loan getting approved. They said that the customer has paid rest of the amount and asked us to go with installing the accessories and they generally install the accessories at the yard and not at the showroom because showroom doesn't have much space.

What should I do?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th October 2015 at 11:54. Reason: Corrected as posted later.
Old 23rd October 2015, 21:20   #163
BHPian

Quote:
What should I do?
Be crystal clear of you expecting a new car, accessory is secondary, a non issue. Tell those people of you being a Teambhp member and people are following you here ie visibility for Renault. Chandigarh RTO thing is also minor.
ritz3645 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 11:47   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Today they called me several times. I clearly told me that I am buying the car as I have serious doubts because of their refusing the PDI and the weird registration process.

About the PDI they agreed that they will bring the car to the showroom one day before the delivery date and the registration and payment process will be done only after I inspect and approve the car. I asked them why they installed the accessories worth 25k at the "yard" without the customer's loan getting approved. They said that the customer has paid rest of the amount and asked us to go with installing the accessories and they generally install the accessories at the yard and not at the showroom because showroom doesn't have much space.

What should I do?
As long as you have the "right" to cancel the car after the PDI, it should be fine. Please use T-BHPs PDI checklist to the core (in fact you can explicitly tell the SA that you are using this list and then see his expression).

On the accessories you should take the price list and match it with what they have installed and what you are paying for. If something exists which you don't want and can be easily removed, you should do it. If not, at least try to get a discount!

As I mentioned, these guys have a habit of strong-arming unsuspecting customers but if the customer holds his ground throughout, they will back down.

Always better to be careful before buying the car than having issues for the period of ownership. After all, it's not an easily replaceable item like a mobile phone but a car!
avdhesh15 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 13:03   #165
BHPian

Finally, got information that the first batch of cars would reach next week in Dimapur but only 13 cars :-/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks