Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:08   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thank you for understanding. Actually, another person from my town also ordered from Renault Dimapur. He had family there in the city (Dimapur) and he was also a sort of resident you could say I guess, and even though his booking was later than mine, he got the car delivered to him, the top model RXT variant.

Another cause of disappointment was that when I went to see my name in their booking list, the serial number I was in, I saw tick marks above and below my name (indicating that they were delivered to the buyer).

Thank you for lending a sympathetic ear to my problem. On the subject matter of expecting too much Sir, I just thought I should be getting my car by now as those people from my town who have ordered on the same date as me or later have already gotten their Kwids. I'm just wondering how hard could it be to procure one and deliver it to me, someone who's been waiting for such a long time.

I completely agree with you and will be calling up my SA today to give me a fixed date instead of changing the dates as soon as the promised date is up again and again.
You should have clarified beforehand about these 2 or 3 happenings. Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.

You must question your SA about this. If people who have taken booking after you and have taken delivery already, your SA may be making false stories and will deliver your car only when previous priority customers are cleared. IMO you should draft a mail to Renault higher ups and clarify all happenings from Day 1, give the name and details of your SA and dealership and add a link to this thread. Since your SA has agreed that some people have got delivery (who have booked after you), you can mention this point also and ask for immediate status of your booking. Also giving the SA an earful and threatening to cancel your booking and say that you will go for Eon/WagonR if he can't deliver before Jan end. This may speed up the process. OTOH those who have booked different variants might have got earlier delivery, that is normal.

Maybe the other people who have taken delivery (of RxT) would have paid in full or opted for extra accessories from the dealer. Talk to your SA and see if this is possible for early delivery.
Old 20th January 2016, 10:08   #287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault DIMAPUR - NIGHTMARE

Quote:
Thank you for understanding. Actually, another person from my town also ordered from Renault Dimapur. He had family there in the city (Dimapur) and he was also a sort of resident you could say I guess, and even though his booking was later than mine, he got the car delivered to him, the top model RXT variant. This was one of the causes of my disappointment with the dealer. Because the sales rep. could have just truthfully told me that I am being made to wait while the cars are delivered to the local residents first.

Another cause of disappointment was that when I went to see my name in their booking list, the serial number I was in, I saw tick marks above and below my name (indicating that they were delivered to the buyer).
Your disappointment is really understandable if the people who booked the same variant after you got the car before you. Meet the regional manager of Renault personally. His number will be available with the dealer. Do not tell the matter on phone but politely insist on meeting him personally. This will help your cause and also give you peace of mind.

In fact, your inquiry for his phone number itself will make the dealer look into the matter.

Is this your first car? Till you get the delivery, go through the following threads on the forum:

Pre-delivery inspection of the car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

How to run in your new car
http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-run-your-new-car

How to maintain your car in top shape
http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/h...-car-top-shape

Preserving the car while driving
http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/m...-while-driving

How to care for your tyres
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...our-tyres.html

The above resources will enrich your knowledge about car care and will give you immense benefit in terms of car life and the pleasure of owning a car.

Do post an ownership review on Team-BHP. Wish you early delivery of the car and happy motoring.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 16:22   #288
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
You should have clarified beforehand about these 2 or 3 happenings. Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.

You must question your SA about this. If people who have taken booking after you and have taken delivery already, your SA may be making false stories and will deliver your car only when previous priority customers are cleared...
No worries about that By the way, I'm planning to make a trip to the city (Dimapur) soon and clarify things with the dealer. I'm seriously considering going for a Hyundai or a Maruti Suzuki instead if delivery can't be done by Jan end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Your disappointment is really understandable if the people who booked the same variant after you got the car before you. Meet the regional manager of Renault personally. His number will be available with the dealer. This will help your cause and also give you peace of mind. In fact, your inquiry for his phone number itself will make the dealer look into the matter.

Do post an ownership review on Team-BHP. Wish you early delivery of the car and happy motoring.
Thank you so much. I'm planning to visit the city (Dimapur) soon and will ask the dealer directly to provide me with the number of the regional manager. Hope that would help in speeding things up

By the way, this is going to be my first car. Thank you for recommending those awesome threads, definitely gonna read them. I'll keep updating the thread as the case progresses.
Old 20th January 2016, 19:37   #289
BHPian

Just got a Whatsapp message from the SA. Quoting it as is -

"Good evening sir your car has been dispatched so we are closing your complain which you have made yasterday [sic] to RIPL.
Thnks &Regards
Rajesh
Renault Dimapur"

I'm crossing my fingers and praying really hard that this would be it. No more waiting around, or fooling around, changing tune in a week that car hasn't been dispatched, and that this time, for the fourth time, my car is actually on its way to me. Keeping a positive attitude
Old 20th January 2016, 21:44   #290
BHPian

Quote:

"Good evening sir your car has been dispatched so we are closing your complain which you have made yasterday [sic] to RIPL.
Thnks &Regards
Rajesh
Renault Dimapur"
So, your yasterday's case was closed. Wishing you all the best and a speedy delivery.

Which colour have you gone for? Do post an ownership report once you get hands on its wheel.

Also I would suggest taking an expert (not necessarily, but someone who has owned a new car before) to help you with the purchase process, PDI and paperwork formalities.
swift_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 22:50   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
So, your yasterday's case was closed. Wishing you all the best and a speedy delivery.

Which colour have you gone for? Do post an ownership report once you get hands on its wheel.

Also I would suggest taking an expert (not necessarily, but someone who has owned a new car before) to help you with the purchase process, PDI and paperwork formalities.
Hehe, thought I'd quote it as is, yasterday :P By the way, I have ordered the Outback Bronze color and definitely will post an ownership report few days after getting it.

About taking delivery of the car, I'm planning to take my father, and uncle along with me so that they can scrutinize each and every part of the delivery process and the car itself. I've also printed out the TeamBHP PDI Checklist and will be going over each of the points carefully. Cheers, here's hoping for good news soon
Old 21st January 2016, 10:29   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thnks &Regards
Rajesh
Renault Dimapur"

I'm crossing my fingers and praying really hard that this would be it. No more waiting around, or fooling around, changing tune in a week that car hasn't been dispatched, and that this time, for the fourth time, my car is actually on its way to me. Keeping a positive attitude
Please tell him not to close the complaint unless there is proof, or unless the car arrives in the yard. Else open another complaint complaining about this farce first. Keep the heat on.

Best of luck - I hope your wait ends soon. Kwid is a sweet car!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 19:25   #293
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Sorry for this noob-ish question. Any pointers on when the AMT will be launched ?

Thanks in advance
Old 21st January 2016, 19:38   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Please tell him not to close the complaint unless there is proof, or unless the car arrives in the yard. Else open another complaint complaining about this farce first. Keep the heat on.

Best of luck - I hope your wait ends soon. Kwid is a sweet car!
Thank you, hoping for the best By the way, the weird thing is, I haven't heard back from Renault Customer Care at all even though the person attending to my problem said he'd call me within 24 hours and provide me with a resolution to my problem. All I got was the WhatsApp message from Renault Dimapur's Rajesh yesterday. I'm definitely gonna open another complaint if this turns out to be another farce, I'm tired of watching them extending the delivery date from one week to the next to a month.

By the way, I asked the SA about when I could expect the car to arrive in Nagaland from Chennai and he told me 20 days, is that normal? I'm totally in the dark as this is my first car purchase
Old 21st January 2016, 21:05   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
Hi everyone,
Sorry for this noob-ish question. Any pointers on when the AMT will be launched ?

Thanks in advance
Expected to be showcased at the Auto Expo. Should launch in the first half of the year. Remember reading an April time frame somewhere.

But considering that they have a huge number of bookings, I think there is a chance that they may try to clear the heavy backlog before launching the 1.0 and AMT
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:02   #296
BHPian

On my way to office, was following a white Kwid and must say it looked plush and definitely has a road presence!

The driver was a spirited one and the car was also responding nicely. He was able to keep up with me in my Figo and at no time did it feel like it's out of breath. Here we are talking about mild city traffic with some open patches.

Overall, good impressions and a big thumbs up!

I am sure the demand is only going to increase once the word of mouth spreads and we hear from the owners perspectives. It is a worthy competitor to the mighty Alto; in fact, if Alto were not from Maruti, this would have been the segment leader quite obviously!
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:02   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
On my way to office, was following a white Kwid and must say it looked plush and definitely has a road presence!

The driver was a spirited one and the car was also responding nicely. He was able to keep up with me in my Figo and at no time did it feel like it's out of breath. Here we are talking about mild city traffic with some open patches.

Overall, good impressions and a big thumbs up!

I am sure the demand is only going to increase once the word of mouth spreads and we hear from the owners perspectives. It is a worthy competitor to the mighty Alto; in fact, if Alto were not from Maruti, this would have been the segment leader quite obviously!
I have test driven the Kwid as well. The engine is very responsive especially at city speeds. The only negative you feel compared to Alto is the body roll. Take a curve @ 50 kmph, and you will feel that one side will lift off the road soon.
Old 24th January 2016, 00:30   #298
BHPian

I have a kwid booking which is due delivery early first week of feb, since I'm planning to cancel it if anyone is interested I can transfer the booking. Not sure about the procedures though.
Old 24th January 2016, 10:35   #299
BHPian

I have started seeing more and more Kwids on roads now. It seems that people have taken delivery very recently. I saw 3 of them yesterday (1 green/olive, 2 red/maroon) and they looked very good for the price. A nice move by Renault and I can bet it will be a success in the coming times also, and will easily manage around half of Alto 800's sale.

The front is very imposing, even the WagonR and more expensive i10 looks bland in front of it. Renault should have continued the boxy styling at the rear and sides also, as it looks weird from rear 3 quarters while on the move. Wheels are small and a change might be difficult due to 3 nut arrangement.

Point to note is that 2 out of the 3 Kwids I saw were driven by ladies and were driven quite well. Looks like it is a hit among ladies also! And did I say it attracts eyeballs also? Some bikers were slowing down/turning back again and again to get a closer look of this.
Old 26th January 2016, 21:20   #300
BHPian

A quick update @1.7k kms

Engine is much smoother & tractable, that hesitancy to move at lower rpm is no longer present. There aren't any unnecessary noises from anywhere, & it had been through some rough paths. Handling is brilliant at higher speeds as only recently i took it above 80 kmph. We never experienced any substantial body roll even at swerves with full load, also it felt well planted at those speeds during braking. That would've been scary in our old alto/ss80. This contradicts a post above but this's how we felt.

The only grouse is the engine noise, it's like an LCV at idle/lower rpms when compared to the dead silent alto. Renault engines are all vocally endowed anyway.

Anyone having doubts about engine, don't. It pulls neat once broken in & performs as expected.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks