Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 16:36   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
My sister in Hyderabad is keen on the Kwid. ...
I was enormously impressed, just looking at the outside of the Kwid. Apart from those silly ORVMs, which have been replaced, I thought it was a great-looking small car.

The GNCAP test stuff has swept away my enthusiasm.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 16:59   #407
BHPian

Just back from the 1st free service, and the experience is totally like FIAT of yore, HORRIBLE!

There is just one ASS (TI Automotive) in my city which is more than 30 km from my residence. I had taken care to book the service in advance for today and reached there at about 9.30 am. I had to take my little daughter along and since there was nothing of note in the car that demanded attention from mechanics, I requested the ASS to finish the job early. They gave me the time of 12 to 12.30 (verbally) and ushered us to the family enclosure to wait.

By 12.30 I ventured into the workshop area and saw the car standing wihout anyone attending to her. I requested (pleaded) to the ASC personnels loitering around to get going with my car. When at last one guy sat in the car I came back to the family encl to attend to my daughter. Time kept passing and my daughter grew more and more restless. No sign of the delivery yet! Then past 2 O'clock I was told that the SATNAV map data in the Medianav system of the car is up-to-date (which dates back to 2012!!!), and ONLY washing and cleaning of the car remains. Then something snapped inside me and I demanded that the car be given back to me immediately.

The ASS people seemed to be happy to get rid of me and promptly handed the car back to me as it is! End result = the 1st free service completed without even getting a wash!!!

I had a proper booking (with serial no. 1 to be precise) and the ASS people themselves quoted the 12 to 12.30 delivery time. There were customers turning up much later and without booking too whose cars were attended to but mine was kept standing unattended because I had been doing whatever I was asked to, i.e. wait patiently in the family lounge!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 11:11. Reason: Merging B2B posts.
tortoiseNhare is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 22:50   #408
BHPian

You booked your service for the date and arrived at 9.30, and was promised delivery by 12.30. I think you have every right to expect it to be delivered by that time, stretching it to past 2 is just unacceptable.

If they could not handle as many cars in a given day, they should have informed you about that and given you the booking on a later day. Also I believe most of us here buy cars here based on how good the car is and not the distance from the ASS.

The service experience was poor and there is no need to shift blame here. The customer needn't suffer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 11:13. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
quadbike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:29   #409
Senior - BHPian

Met a friend who works in the Quality department of an automobile company which is based out of Chennai . Seems 'they' tested the quality of KWiD and its result even surprised me; Paint quality is almost on par with best in market and plastics better than Honda Amaze!
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:58   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Met a friend who works in the Quality department of an automobile company which is based out of Chennai . Seems 'they' tested the quality of KWiD and its result even surprised me; Paint quality is almost on par with best in market and plastics better than Honda Amaze!
As a Kwid owner it feels great to hear this. But did your friend's quality department evaluate the software that comes with the Kwid in the name of a SatNav system? In my car the map and place data date back to Q4, 2012 (purportedly of the now defunct Navteq). Not surprisingly, one cannot even locate the Renault ASS in that map. In the words of the Renault ASS people, those are the latest available data.

There are tutorials in the internet about how to get updates by oneself but I expected (in order not to void any warranty) the ASS to be able to load less obsolete map/navigation data.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-satnav-data.jpg  

Old 20th June 2016, 12:13   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
My sister in Hyderabad is keen on the Kwid.
Today morning, however,I saw one brand new example reversing out from my apartment parking slot. The whole car was vibrating like crazy while reversing. I could see the vibrations on the wheels and front end literally, it was that bad.
The engine note was also unpleasant.

Anyone who has TDed the kwid observed anything similar?
Or could it be a one-off case?
I have seen a couple of Kwids in my office parking. While I haven't noticed the vibrations at low revs, I have observed them accelerate a few times. These cars sound like loud diesels and not petrols. The engine was too loud. Mind you, I was standing at the other end of a two lane road when the car accelerated and moved away. Not at all confidence inspiring if you ask me.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:06   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
...sound like loud diesels and not petrols. The engine was too loud.
This is a Loud car, no doubts about it. There is one in my colony, and it does sound like a diesel especially when starting up. I'm not sure about once it has warmed up though.
Old 20th June 2016, 14:33   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
In my car the map and place data date back to Q4, 2012 (purportedly of the now defunct Navteq).
There are tutorials in the internet about how to get updates by oneself but I expected (in order not to void any warranty) the ASS to be able to load less obsolete map/navigation data.
To update map & firmware are among the few things Renault/ASS asks you to do after taking delivery of the car. They'll clearly tell you how to go about that, especially if you ask. It's a DIY job that will not void any warranty. If it did, the company wouldn't have asked you to do it by yourself.

This is how it'd look had you followed the standard instructions, online or otherwise.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160620wa0002.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160620wa0000.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
These cars sound like loud diesels and not petrols.
And there's a distinct whine too, and not at all a pleasant one. Every cold start without any throttle input will give 30 seconds of decent vibrations throughout the cabin before another 30 seconds phase of gradual settling down. Thereafter, one'll barely feel a thing. Now slot it & move out. Subsequent startups through the day will need around 15 seconds settling time.

All this is barely a deal breaker considering how well it drives, and ofcourse the eyeballs it grabs where ever it goes, for good or bad.

Last edited by SandyX : 20th June 2016 at 14:34.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:52   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Be Fair To The Kwid...

For a low-price, tiny car, it is wonderful. Only the build/safety aspects worry me, and make me glad that my step daughter did not act on my you should see this car enthusiasm.

Renault should give us a GNCAP 4-star Kwid, even if it costs a little more. Then I'd feel confident to recommend it to a mother who drives her child around.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 15:51   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
To update map & firmware are among the few things Renault/ASS asks you to do after taking delivery of the car. They'll clearly tell you how to go about that, especially if you ask. It's a DIY job that will not void any warranty. If it did, the company wouldn't have asked you to do it by yourself.
No such instructions were given to me. In fact, when specifically asked if I should try to get updates myself, the SA told me that the one in my car was indeed the latest official release.

Now of course I am doing it myself and I can see a 2015 Q4 version being downloaded to the USB stick as I am typing this.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:26   #416
BHPian

Mods: Sorry for back to back posts, please merge them.

I have finished updating the map data. Adding a couple of pictures (sorry for the poor quality):
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-satnav1.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-satnav2.jpg  

Old 7th July 2016, 17:42   #417
BHPian

In India, Kwid manages to clock 1,50,000 orders since it's launch in September 2015 resulting into an increase of H1 market share by 1.5%

Registering the growth of 38.2%, Renault sold 2,08,690 vehicles in H1'16 as against 1,51,041 vehicles in H1'15 in Middle east, Africa and India regions.

Globally, Renault sold 15,67,720 vehicles in H1'16 as against 13,82,122 units in H1'15. This marks the growth of 13.4% in global market share.

Source : http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...india/53098264
Old 11th July 2016, 14:10   #418

Had been to donimalai, near bellary, yesterday for a colleague's wedding. Beautiful 6 lanes roads from Chitradurga to Tumkur. Was able to drive quite fast. Had 5 people on board including me. The mass of the 5 people is very much required for stability. At high speeds, it was weaving quite a bit.
Although the 5 people mass did help me to reach the magic number, the underbody rocker did get scraped at every speedhump because of the extra mass. The suspension must have been designed soft for absorbing the undulations in the city. But with even three people on board, the GC reduces quite a bit and scrapes through all the speed humps
There was a kwid with only the driver near me at a signal near hebbal, looked as if it was a SUV with tall seating position.
When i read about the kwid catching fire that too at night, was a bit worried. Any updates on that?
Also, if we have the eyesore ORVMs and want to change to the present much better looking ones, does anyone have any idea how much it costs ?

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2016 at 17:16.
Old 13th July 2016, 18:38   #419
Senior - BHPian

Guys - we are considering the Kwid as a second car for city driving and wanted the following details:

1. I read that the automatic with 1.0 L engine was announced in Feb 2016. Any news when these would be available in Showrooms?

2. How is the ride quality of the Kwid in comparison with a Hyundai Eon?

3. What is the mileage that people are seeing in the real world on the current 800 cc Kwid?
Old 13th July 2016, 19:44   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Guys - we are considering the Kwid as a second car for city driving and wanted the following details:

1. I read that the automatic with 1.0 L engine was announced in Feb 2016. Any news when these would be available in Showrooms?

2. How is the ride quality of the Kwid in comparison with a Hyundai Eon?

3. What is the mileage that people are seeing in the real world on the current 800 cc Kwid?
Hi
I heard Kwid 1.0 lit ,manual & AMT would be launched in a months time. I am also in the same boat, looking for a second car, small one with good mileage. Mine would be either celerio or Kwid.
Regards
Ramesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks