Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 02:26   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanvenu View Post
I understand that the 2nd and 3rd services are yet to be done and the run-in is not yet complete, but i feel that the FE is just too low for an 800cc 3 pot engine.
Can other users share their FE figures just to know what to expect?
Thanks in advance
To my surprise I am getting 18 kmpl that too with 100% AC (tank full to tank full). I did my 1st service at 2200 KMs. You must contact the SC immediately. When I was at SC there was a similar case like yours. The man sitting next to me in lounge was saying he was getting only 9 kmpl.

By the way I follow the Kwid's gear shift indicator for the shifts. 5th gear is used only over 70 KMs.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 9th May 2016, 10:45   #377
BHPian

Has anyone fitted the reverse camera and sensor - I am being quoted Rs. 14500 for the official accessory fitted at the dealer before delivery. However, I am also being told that this will not integrate with the ICE - seems too much to pay for something I can buy outside for lesser. Any thoughts on this? Appreciate if anyone who has fitted this can feedback on this accessory. Thanks!
Old 9th May 2016, 11:07   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Has anyone fitted the reverse camera and sensor - I am being quoted Rs. 14500 for the official accessory fitted at the dealer before delivery. However, I am also being told that this will not integrate with the ICE - seems too much to pay for something I can buy outside for lesser. Any thoughts on this? Appreciate if anyone who has fitted this can feedback on this accessory. Thanks!
That is an exorbitant amount. I have known people who have fitted camera plus pioneer touchscreen HU and speakers all under 20k. 14k just for the camera and sensors is a lot.
Old 9th May 2016, 12:49   #379
BHPian

May I know if it is possible to upgrade the tyres of the Kwid from 155/80/R13 to 165/80/R13 or 175/80/R13. This is without changing stock rims. Has anyone attempted this?

Last edited by anish5225 : 9th May 2016 at 12:51.
Old 10th May 2016, 08:38   #380
BHPian

Renault Kwid AMT or 1L variant launch confirmed for June 2016

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwid1liter.jpg

Quote:
The new Renault Kwid variant with a 1L SCe engine and Renault Kwid AMT (which is also powered by the 1L SCe engine) are poised for launch in India.

Both these variants made their presence felt at the 2016 Auto Expo and now Renault India MD & CEO, Mr Sumit Sawhney has confirmed that at least one of these variants will be launched before the month of June 2016 ends.
http://www.rushlane.com/renault-kwid...-12196134.html
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 10:10   #381
BHPian

65 to 70 BHP engine in a 700 kg car, brings rough estimate to 95 bhp/tonne. This car will surely excite a lot of people. Let see how they price it, and how the engine tuning is done. This is a segment filled with capable cars from Maruti across the range(Alto K10, Celerio, Wagon R), and they would need to provide better value than Kwid 0.8 provides.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 11:18   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

I am getting delivery of my Kwid today. I am driving to Kannur (around 120 KM) in Grand i10 with dad and would drive Kwid back home. I will post my intial driving experience of first 120 KM by tonight. I really wanted to wait one more month and get 1L engine. Anyways 1.6 S cross which I have booked should satisfy my power hunger
Old 10th May 2016, 16:06   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, you are right. I just noticed insurance amount is 17.5K(Zero dep). It is around 4.5 percent of ex showroom price. For my 1.6 S cross it is around 3.5 percent. Cars with above 1500 cc have little more premium I believe and still S cross is only 3.5 percent compared to Kwid.
17.5K is on the higher side, though that is what most of the Renault dealers are quoting. If your dealer agrees, you can buy insurance from outside which should be about 10K.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:49   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
17.5K is on the higher side, though that is what most of the Renault dealers are quoting. If your dealer agrees, you can buy insurance from outside which should be about 10K.
I took insurance from outside, it's about 10k. Dealer will obviously say no on your request but be firm on what you want. In my case, they took 1 day to oblige and I was in no hurry. They sent an e-mail for approval to senior management or Renault directly (I am not sure) and got it approved.

PS: I took delivery from Khivraj, Vellore (Tamil Nadu)
Old 10th May 2016, 21:35   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

I took delivery of my Kwid from Kannur and just reached home. I drove for around 100 KM. MID showed FE as 16.5 kmpl.

Negatives :

1. NVH - My 27 year old Maruti 800 with stock Japan make engine has better NVH
2. Power is nothing great

Positives :

1. Ride quality : This car has the best ride out of all cars in my garage.
2. Handling & High speed stability
3. Paint quality
4. Slick gearshifts

I will write a detailed ownership review soon
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160510_171000.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img20160510wa0005.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:06   #386
BHPian

Quote:

Negatives :

1. NVH - My 27 year old Maruti 800 with stock Japan make engine has better NVH
Congratulations!

That NVH racket is gonna stay, that's just how it is like most other Renaults. It'll settle a bit & only mildly seep inside cabin. The engine is new gen & it can pull neat. Nothing to worry about.

Run it in & by 1st service the power will be fully available. Mine was deadweight without gas but all it needs now is to release clutch. It was a pain getting the car home on delivery day due to rev limit. That's history now.

Quote:
Positives :

2. Handling & High speed stability
True that. I fail to get why some people included this under con. I literally threw the car around with & without load at corners at fair speeds & i couldn't be more surprised. It just sticks onto tarmac for some reason.

May you have a lot many pleasant miles ahead with this car.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:15   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Congratulations!

That NVH racket is gonna stay, that's just how it is like most other Renaults. It'll settle a bit & only mildly seep inside cabin. The engine is new gen & it can pull neat. Nothing to worry about.

Run it in & by 1st service the power will be fully available. Mine was deadweight without gas but all it needs now is to release clutch. It was a pain getting the car home on delivery day due to rev limit. That's history now.

True that. I fail to get why some people included this under con. I literally threw the car around with & without load at corners at fair speeds & i couldn't be more surprised. It just sticks onto tarmac for some reason.

May you have a lot many pleasant miles ahead with this car.
I hope so buddy. I feel serious lack of power in first and second gear. What I badly miss is tachometer.

Yes, Handling is something which surprised me. There were quite a lot of corners on my 100 KM drive today. Car held up pretty well. This car rides & handles like car which is one or 2 segments up.

I have noticed something strange. ABC pedals are not at same level. Is it same in all Kwids?

Cheers!!
Old 10th May 2016, 23:16   #388
BANNED

Quote:
How about a remap or tuning box for the Kwid too?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 23:22   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How about a remap or tuning box for the Kwid too?
Haha impossible

I don't think it's possible to extract more juice from this 800 CC engine.
Old 10th May 2016, 23:23   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I took insurance from outside, it's about 10k. Dealer will obviously say no on your request ... ... ...
Don't make a request, make a statement: "I am not buying the insurance from you."

Your freedom; your choice, not theirs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks