Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 18:27   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesar79 View Post
I have the KWID RxT(O) Red. My ODO clocks at 650kms now. I get around 16.5 kmpl inside Chennai city. In Highway I get around 21.5kmpl. Overall I get around 19-20kmpl. So far no issues. Like the ride quality. Especially with Current Chennai rains & floods, 180mm GC really helped a lot. Not a single problem as such. Just thought will add my view. If you all need anything specific let me know.
Great to hear! How did you calculate mileage? Can you please do a tankful to tankful calculation once?

This vehicle is right at the top of my wish list as a second car. Waiting for the release of AMT.
Old 25th November 2015, 23:36   #242
BHPian

Incredible Feat: Renault Kwid Bookings Crosses 70,000 mark

Renault Kwid : Official Review-cskfvlyu8aalh3.jpg

Quote:
The recent report of Renault Kwid bookings crossing the 70,000 mark in 2 months is an out-and-out example how popular this car has become.

Just in two months, Renault Kwid bookings have surpassed all the expectations of the company, and if the registering process keeps the same pace, we can expect that the car might cross 1 lac figure very soon.
http://motordestination.com/incredib...0000-mark.html
Old 27th November 2015, 09:44   #243
Senior - BHPian

Just to give you an idea of the large boot. Fits a medium frame bike.

Clocked 1300kms in the hills.

Benny
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20151114_073623524_hdr_337x600.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20151114_073723532_hdr_337x600.jpg  

beejay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:12   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Just to give you an idea of the large boot. Fits a medium frame bike.

Benny
Given that you own a Kwid and have clocked 1300KM, an ownership report is awaited .
Can you throw in some details/your opinions w.r.to FE, Engine Performance?
Old 27th November 2015, 17:39   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Benny
How does it perform on inclines, specially with more than 2 people aboard?
Old 28th November 2015, 06:30   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesar79 View Post
I have the KWID RxT(O) Red. My ODO clocks at 650kms now. I get around 16.5 kmpl inside Chennai city. In Highway I get around 21.5kmpl. Overall I get around 19-20kmpl. So far no issues. Like the ride quality. Especially with Current Chennai rains & floods, 180mm GC really helped a lot. Not a single problem as such. Just thought will add my view. If you all need anything specific let me know.
How do you rate the performance of the engine ? Especially when loaded. Does the car feels planted at speeds of 80+ ?
Old 29th November 2015, 15:24   #247
BHPian

Finally after 3.5 months wait, the car is home. Delivery was a smooth half hour affair in the evening before a 70+km return drive. That gave some miles to get used to it with 3 onboard. With a couple of full fledged ownership reviews already here, won't be going any deeper other than what's felt from the drive.

The Good:

* Brilliant ride quality, none got bobbed around.
* Great handling around corners even at speed.
* High seating gives a commanding feel.
* Chunky steering felt light & connected, even at higher speed.
* Initial gears are punchy at city speeds.
* Powerful headlights.
* A looker, from the stares all around.
* And the other usual plus points.

The Bad:

* With 3 pax above 2nd gear, it just didn't pull enough on highway with AC on.
* The engine noise & vibrations at idle. With windows up, it's mostly gone & even less at revs.
* Gears slot sure but through some friction.
* Brakes are spongy until stepped on.

Most negatives should fix itself as the engine sets in. The odo read 25km at delivery & it's 98 now. It's gonna be a while with our kind of usage to hit the recommended 3k, sad the engine can't be revved as much till it reach there.

Only around 50 cars have been delivered by this dealership so far. The waiting period stands at 6 months & booking is not closed for any variants. Their only grouse is about not getting enough cars from the plant.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01607.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01614.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01613.jpg

The chrome bezel around gearstick seems to break the grey monotony.
Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01630.jpg

The rear belts are unusable, so shoved them to boot. The seats are BLACK, not grey as the flash makes it look like.
Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01631.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-dsc01632.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 29th November 2015 at 15:34.
SandyX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 21:11   #248
BHPian

I don't know if this is going OT or not but here goes -

Guys, I'm tired of waiting for the delivery of this Kwid and I'm beginning to look around for other options in case I don't get delivery in December (even though I booked in September ).

Could the mods or other knowledgeable members please suggest me any other viable options at this price point and also redirect me to their reviews here on our forum? I'm willing to splurge till 5 lakhs and maybe a little bit more.
Old 30th November 2015, 09:51   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I don't know if this is going OT or not but here goes -

Guys, I'm tired of waiting for the delivery of this Kwid and I'm beginning to look around for other options in case I don't get delivery in December (even though I booked in September ).

Could the mods or other knowledgeable members please suggest me any other viable options at this price point and also redirect me to their reviews here on our forum? I'm willing to splurge till 5 lakhs and maybe a little bit more.
At 5 Lacs and above there are quite a lot of options available, you might want to test drive and see what suits you the best.Wagon R and Used Brio are good option at that price point. However do remember that the Fuel Efficiency and Maintenance cost for these cars are going to be higher than Kwid/Alto. Alto K10 is the other you can consider which belongs to same segment as Kwid!
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:13   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
At 5 Lacs and above there are quite a lot of options available, you might want to test drive and see what suits you the best.Wagon R and Used Brio are good option at that price point. However do remember that the Fuel Efficiency and Maintenance cost for these cars are going to be higher than Kwid/Alto. Alto K10 is the other you can consider which belongs to same segment as Kwid!
Thank you for your suggestions PrideRed. I was actually considering a Grand i10 (Sportz Variant) which is 5.4 OTR here, hehe

Will have to wait and watch I guess, as the Renault dealer in Dimapur said that he will deliver it to me before Christmas. And hopefully, I can use the saved up 1.5 L on accessories, pressure washer and the like
Old 30th November 2015, 15:49   #251
BHPian

Quote:
I'm willing to splurge till 5 lakhs and maybe a little bit more.
If you can surge your budget over 5 lacs, why don't you consider Baleno? Base trim itself comes with ABS, EBD and much more than Kwid. It will also be segment/s higher than i10 and Kwid.
Old 30th November 2015, 23:22   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreyasM8 View Post
If you can surge your budget over 5 lacs, why don't you consider Baleno? Base trim itself comes with ABS, EBD and much more than Kwid. It will also be segment/s higher than i10 and Kwid.
I did consider it bro. However, I'm not too much a fan of the Sigma version, the Delta version hits the sweet spot for me. However, price is 6.5 Lakhs OTR if I remember correctly (IIRC). That's going 2.5 Lakhs above which I do not have the money for :(
Old 30th November 2015, 23:45   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I did consider it bro. However, I'm not too much a fan of the Sigma version, the Delta version hits the sweet spot for me. However, price is 6.5 Lakhs OTR if I remember correctly (IIRC). That's going 2.5 Lakhs above which I do not have the money for :(

Take a look at the Ford Figo Trend 1.2.

It will set you back by around 5.5L OTR.

Well put together, Good dynamics and decent feature list.
Old 3rd December 2015, 18:48   #254
BHPian

Just got an sms today from the Renault Dimapur. Quoting it exactly as it is -

"Dear all our valuable clients, we are highly grateful to you all for your patients & kindness that you all are still waiting for your most awaited vehicle RENAULT KWID. Dear all plz bear with us for few more days as our plant is unable to despatch your vehicles due to heavy flood in Tamilnadu & Andhra Pradesh. - RENAULT DIMAPUR"

Apart from the grammatical mistakes, I guess this means that delivery of my car might be postponed to next week or God knows when. Just wanted to let you guys know. Fingers crossed and prayers prayed to God for a December delivery.
Old 3rd December 2015, 19:54   #255

That's unfortunate. Here's hoping for a December delivery as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks