Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 15:28   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The On-Road price mentioned is in Kerala or Karnataka? Pre Budget prices in Karnataka was 4.69lacs on road for RXT(O).
It's on road price in kerala buddy. I stay in kasaragod.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:42   #347
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Had booked a Kwid RXT (O) Planet Grey a long time back and expecting delivery in the next few weeks - want to check with the members and owners here on a few points in prep for the delivery:
1. Insurance: Would like to hear thoughts on taking insurance from outside. I am being quoted around 9k outside vs around 16k with the dealer. Is there a preferred insurer when it comes to Renault / Kwid - going with a preferred insurer (from the outside) will ease claims through the Renault service center
2. I am being quoted 5k "Delivery Charges" - am told this is for registration etc - any way to avoid this?
3. Standard Accessories - am being charged around 3k for mud flaps, mats, idol and perfume. May just go with mud flaps and mats
4. Ext Warranty for 4 yrs: Rs 4670 - I think this is a must have
5. Additional accessories: Any additional accessories that owners recommend based on experience? I am considering the following:
- Reverse Camera and sensor - must have - need to check price
- Seat Cover Fabric Sport - this looks good but am not sure if this is worth the Rs. 4500 - any thoughts?
- Car cover
- Am also tempted to go for Roof Rails and bumper finishers purely for aesthetics - they improve the Kwid's presence - but at Rs. 6k am not sure it is worth it
6. Any other considerations?

Thoughts on the above welcome. Your comments will help me make a decision.
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:44   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

With 9700 odd dispatches in March the Kwid climbs to the 5th spot ahead of all of Hyundai's bestsellers. Looks like Renault is delivering on its promise. Well done Renault. I guess we will see 5 figure numbers in April.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 10:08   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Had booked a Kwid RXT (O) Planet Grey a long time back and expecting delivery in the next few weeks - want to check with the members and owners here on a few points in prep for the delivery...
You're quite fortunate that you're gonna be receiving delivery in April, all the newer batches have the better looking ORVM, I missed out on that and have to fix it as a paid accessory

Anyway, let me try my best to answer your query with my experience:

1. About the insurance, my SA told me that I was free to purchase insurance from outside. But that buying insurance from them would ease the speed of processing claims through the Renault service center. After waiting for 6 months, I was in no mood to argue so I just blandly said "OK". So, I ended up paying about 14,000 Rupees or somewhere thereabouts for insurance.

2. About the 5,000 Rupees "Logistics Fee", won't that get deducted out of the advance you paid? In my case, the "Delivery Fee" was 4,000 rupees and since I had paid 5,000 rupees in advance, I didn't have to pay any extra fee. But, if we look at it another way, I just paid the "delivery fee" in advance,

3. Trust me buddy, even I didn't get any free accessories. I had to pay for each and every single one. In the end, I ended up paying 31,500 rupees or thereabouts for the accessories.

4. I didn't take extended warranty but planning to take soon. Seems like a good deal.

5. A. Reverse camera and sensor were not in stock so I didn't fix it.

B. Seat Cover Fabric Sport - I don't know if mine is the same, but mine costs 5,600 rupees for the black and orange one.

C. Car Cover cost me 1,300 rupees or somewhere thereabouts.

D. Roof Rails, Side Body Cladding, Bumper Corner Protector, Weather Deflectors are attached to the car using 3M double sided tape (the tape comes attached to the accessory from the factory). As a result, they don't fit that well with the body.

After one week, I washed the car using a pressure washer and the side body cladding, roof rails, bumper corner protector, and weather deflectors became loose. When I went to install the High Security Number Plates for my car to Guwahati (284 KMS. from where I live), the side body cladding came off and started hanging off the side of my car.

I gave it to the service center (which is 8 kms. from the showroom), which replaced the offending parts with new ones. The side body cladding looked new, but the bumper corner protector didn't seem new just fitted with more 3M double sided tape (Pure Speculation on my part here). Overall, I'm happy that my problems were fixed though. No more loose fitting accessories.. for now.

While I was there, I told them about fixing the speakers which gave out a rattling sound from time to time (when not in use), they said they'd fix it. They were finished in an hour. When I inspected the car's interiors, there were minute little scratches on the side of the dashboard, and the A pillar trims. Have to get them replaced, but they're really minute and cannot be seen unless one goes looking, so I'm holding off on replacing the A Pillar trim. Anyway, I just drove it off the service center and the sound was still there. We had a long drive ahead of us, so just left it at that. Hopefully it can be fixed in the 1st service.

The Bumper Finishers are of a dull silver finish and not a bright silver like as shown in the accessories video. They are attached to the car using screws and not 3M tape unlike the others. So they're quite sturdy.

Last edited by wadewilson : 3rd April 2016 at 10:18.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 10:29   #350
BHPian

Don't want to say anything about safety, built quality etc.
Just want to share a pic of Kwid hit by some mad driver from the back in Pune.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20160402_090807131.jpg

Mods: Can you please delete my previous post. I tried to post it from my phone and don't know why it didn't go well.
Old 4th April 2016, 10:36   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Don't want to say anything about safety, built quality etc.
Just want to share a pic of Kwid hit by some mad driver from the back in Pune.
I read about this accident in the newspapers, couldnt understand which car was in the pictures though.
It looks like the roof has cracked open upon being rear ended by the Vista/Manza. Is it the same car which had a lady with a few months old baby in it ?
Old 4th April 2016, 10:42   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I read about this accident in the newspapers, couldnt understand which car was in the pictures though.
It looks like the roof has cracked open upon being rear ended by the Vista/Manza. Is it the same car which had a lady with a few months old baby in it ?
Yes, the car is Kwid. A look at the front half of the car will help you identify the car.
You read it right, the car had parents on front seats and a 9 month baby in the back.
Baby got thrown on front windshield and landed into lap of father and hence survived.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:16   #353
BHPian

Talking about build quality, the condition of the car that has hit from the rear is also severe as seen in the pic. Vista/Manza, or for that matter most Tata cars use pretty heavy sheet metals.

But, all said and done, when I went to demo the Kwid, I too was turned off by the uber light hatch, cheap plastics and the poor NVH.
Old 8th April 2016, 12:47   #354
BHPian

So this funny incident happened today, well, it's not exactly funny but read on. After reading the post on the Kwid accident, I was driving extra carefully, more than usual. Today when I went to drop off my mom to her office, I hit a bike while backing up. The bike was fully obscured by the cars derriere and the thick C pillars and useless ORVMS made sure that I never saw anything

I went out to have a look, the right side of the dickey was bent. Remembering the TeamBHP article about the car being super light, especially the back, I gripped the offending part and straightened it with my hands, and lo and behold! The car looked almost as good as new. Well, Almost. There is some part of it where the metal went inside, hopefully if I can get one of them suction cup things, I should be able to get it out.

Anyway, that has been my experience in fixing the dent on my car. It seemed pretty funny to me that I could bend the metal to my liking with such little effort and I wanted to share that
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 14:30   #355
BHPian

Renault India's managing director, Mr. Sumit Sawhney has confirmed that the Renault Kwid with a 1.0 L engine will be launched by Diwali this year. The 1.0 L Kwid could get dual front airbags, EBD and ABS as option.
Quote:
Renault India’s managing director, Mr. Sumit Sawhney, has confirmed the introduction of the Renault Kwid 1L prior to Diwali this year. Mr. Sawhney was speaking on the sidelines of inaugurating four new outlets in Pune, and delivering around 100 cars on the auspicious day of Gudi Padwa.
To recap, the Renault Kwid 1L and the Renault Kwid AMT had their debuts at the Auto Expo 2016. The 1.0-liter engine powering these Kwid twins is based on the same engine architecture of the current Kwid’s 0.8-liter three-cylinder unit. Where the 0.8L engine develops 54 PS and 72 Nm of torque, the power output of the Kwid 1L is expected in the ballpark of 65-70 PS.

The Kwid AMT will feature a rotary gear selector on its center console, and will take on the popular Maruti Alto K10 AMT. Going by the Kwid 0.8L’s fuel efficiency claim, rated at 25.17 km/l (best in its segment), the 1L variants of the Kwid are expected to deliver better mileage than their rivals (Maruti Alto K10 and Hyundai Eon 1L).
Reports also state that the Kwid 1L and Kwid AMT will get the option of dual front airbags, ABS and EBD. At present, only a driver airbag is available as an option on the small car.
Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/r...-diwali-228118
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 22:48   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kwid -1.25 lakh Bookings

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/r...ookings-228627
Old 19th April 2016, 19:59   #357
BHPian

Renault is an amazing company, they keep on updating their cars based on customer feedback.

Just want to share what I found today, kwid's eyesore side view mirrors got updated with much better looking ones.

Please note, it is just cosmetic change with no inside adjustment.

The second picture shows the old one, for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-20160419_141209.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-20160419_141125.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 22:49   #358
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Renault is an amazing company, they keep on updating their cars based on customer feedback.

Just want to share what I found today, kwid's eyesore side view mirrors got updated with much better looking ones.

Please note, it is just cosmetic change with no inside adjustment.

The second picture shows the old one, for reference.
Are you sure that this is not an added accessory? It was listed in the official accessories list but was not available initially. It might be available now. I am saying this as I am able to spot some other added accessories on the car.
Even I spotted a Kwid with these mirrors recently and they do add to the look.
Old 19th April 2016, 23:23   #359
BHPian

Hi AYP, I got the information when I visited the dealership today. All the new cars there, were having the new type of mirror.

Last edited by anilntny : 19th April 2016 at 23:24.
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 23:43   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Certainly a visual improvement. The old mirrors were the one thing that made a nice-looking car look cheap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks