Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2016, 00:01   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yet another Problematic Renault !! "Kwid"

Really sad to hear about this. I too own Kwid. Renault service guys have agreed to replace my fuel pump under warranty. It's been more than 2 weeks and no update regarding it. I was busy to enquire about it. I will give them a visit next week.
Old 11th September 2016, 00:25   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Really sad to hear about this. I too own Kwid. Renault service guys have agreed to replace my fuel pump under warranty. It's been more than 2 weeks and no update regarding it. I was busy to enquire about it. I will give them a visit next week.

Replace fuel pump?
Could you please share the problems you faced and how was your issue diagnosed as a fuel pump malfunction?
Old 11th September 2016, 00:31   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Replace fuel pump?
Could you please share the problems you faced and how was your issue diagnosed as a fuel pump malfunction?
I have posted about it in my ownership thread. There is no issue to run the car. I had noticed sound from in tank fuel pump even while driving. I got it checked during first service. Renault has agreed to replace it under warranty and mentioned the same in bill.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4034541
Old 13th September 2016, 16:51   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I can feel the pain, my friend. Every investment is made with hard earned money & there is lot of sentiment involved. Looking at the number of trips made & the kind of issues seen, this is a lemon sold.

The company guys are thick skinned - you will have to hit them where it hurts. Social media/ consumer forum (very valid case) are some of the avenues that will need to be considered hard.

On a side note, there aren't any saintly service centres around across the spectrum of manufacturers. Why did he have to go to the same service centre all again & again??
Dear m3_07
My cousin had bought his very first car after he started working and yes there was a considerable amount involved. He paid Rs 4,40,000/ in total. He has hit Renault via Social Media and is already receiving calls from the service centre.

The nearest service centre from where he lives is NCR Motors, Mathura Road only. The other service centre is near about 34 Kms from his place and includes a travel time of almost an hour if lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
Can you please elaborate about the water logging and the immobiliser check light. Not very informative of anything except that he had to make multiple visits. I belong to the minority who is not on Facebook.
Dear crdi,
My cousin noticed the water logging issue during the monsoon season. He noticed that water was seeping inside the passenger side foot well. When he took his vehicle to Renault NCR motors, Mathura Road, the service adviser Mr. Anurag & the Service Manager Mr. Ayam replied "This is a manufacturing defect in all the Kwid cars". hearing this was like a nightmare coming true to him. How can Renault deliver faulty cars? He had no other option but to get the issue resolved at the earliest. While the vehicle was still at the service centre, he had a word with a few more Kwid owners and all of them complained about the water logging issue inside the passenger side cabin. the car was finally delivered to him after 3 days. He couldn't check the water logging again as the monsoons were over.

Regarding the Engine immobiliser light, it was an orange coloured light that was coming as an indication in the instrument cluster. He also noticed that the gear shifting indicator wasn't coming. He took the car again to the service centre. The service adviser checked the vehicle and said that the accelerator paddle needs to be replaced and the issue would be resolved. As of now, the indication light is gone and the gear shifting indication is also working fine. But who knows when it might pop up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Overall, while I was really disappointed with my Service Centre experience at my Dealers place, Renault Nagaon brought back the smile. In the end I'd just like to add that, I am happy I bought the Kwid, with all its flaws, its pretty good VFM for a Post-Grad student like me living in the hills where crater sized pot holes are aplenty.
Dear wadewilson,

The PDI was done thoroughly but who knew that there would be a water logging issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Dear Dr. Naren,

Talking about replacement of parts. You might be shocked to know that the glove box in his car has already been replaced twice.

Note from Support: Posts Merged. Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Eddy : 13th September 2016 at 17:30. Reason: Note Inline
Old 13th September 2016, 17:36   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Dear Dr. Naren,

Talking about replacement of parts. You might be shocked to know that the glove box in his car has already been replaced twice.
Regarding this, the ONLY way to open/close this glove box in Kwid is to press exactly over the lock nub area. Operate anywhere else a few times and it'll break. This was among the first things the SA mentioned about interior during PDI. I've been using it that way from an year & it still works like new.

I haven't come across this water logging issue as yet, and I've been through some spectacular rains. I can't comment though if it happens during water wading which i'm yet to drive through.

Everything unfortunately points to this car in discussion being part of the sadly inevitable 1% lemons that roll out from any factory. Just follow the standard persistent procedure for dealing with lemons, which is given couple of posts above. Goodluck to him.

Last edited by SandyX : 13th September 2016 at 17:38.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 17:41   #486
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Check this review by Autocar.

Hormazd confirms that the Kwid is 98% localized and lock of the glove box falls in the remaining 2% and is problematic. So it seems to be common problem.

Wonder why such a small component is not localized.

Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 17:51   #487
BHPian

Quote:
The other service centre is near about 34 Kms from his place and includes a travel time of almost an hour if lucky.
Maybe he could try the other one once? Who knows in the other service centre there might be people competent enough to solve his predicament. I travelled 300+ kms to fix body noise, low engine power output and so on but had to come back empty handed. However, in the other service centre I visited, 180+ Kms from my town, they fixed everything as per my satisfaction.

Quote:
My cousin noticed the water logging issue during the monsoon season. He noticed that water was seeping inside the passenger side foot well. When he took his vehicle to Renault NCR motors, Mathura Road, the service adviser Mr. Anurag & the Service Manager Mr. Ayam replied "This is a manufacturing defect in all the Kwid cars". How can Renault deliver faulty cars?
Dear V_Safari, over here in my part of the North East, we had continual floods as well during the monsoons. The rains still showed no sign of stopping until a few days back. I was forced to drive over the flooded roads as well but water did not seep into mine. On a side note, could you tell us how deep the water was? Like Knee Deep or Ankle deep? I hope the SA is just trying to downplay the issue and its not true what he said because up until now my car is running fit and fine and has sailed through the monsoons.

Quote:
Dear wadewilson,

The PDI was done thoroughly but who knew that there would be a water logging issue?
That's true, I was just curious about it
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 13:02   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

A Sports-kit decked Kwid has been spotted at a Renault dealership in Kolhapur. Available for both fuel versions (0.8L & 1.0L), the Sports kit brings plenty of visual enhancements to the regular Kwid, making it stand out a bit from the crowd.

Quote:
The car is packed with exterior visual enhancements such as striking body decals, silver diffuser, alloy wheels, blacked out pillars and roof, pseudo fender vents, body colored grille slats with chrome finished elements, and silver chin plate.

Inside, the accessorized Kwid Sports features body colored inserts on the door pads, silver accents on the console surrounding the gear lever, dual-tone artico leather seats and so on. There are no mechanical changes or functional accessories.

The entire cosmetic work is priced at INR 50,000.
Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports3.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports2.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports1.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports4.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidcustom7.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports6.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports7.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidsports8.jpg

Rush Lane
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:13   #489
BHPian

50,000 units of 800cc select variant of Kwid have been recalled by Renault in order to rectify the faulty fuel system and to add a hose clip.

This recall is applicable for Kwids manufactured between 01st Oct 2015 to 18th May 2016.

Source
Old 30th October 2016, 17:45   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kwid AMT Teased; Launching Soon .
Renault Kwid : Official Review-capture.jpg

AMT gearbox is speculated to be offered in both 800cc and 1000cc versions. The Renault Kwid AMT will rival against the Maruti Alto K10 AMT & Maruti Wagon R AMT

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th October 2016 at 17:46.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:30   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Presenting the Renault Kwid - the "Art Edition".

Quote:
Sen Shombit, a French artist of Indian origin, holds his exhibition , “De’sordre” in Mumbai at ICIA Gallery from 9th to 22nd November, 2016. Inaugurated by Yves Perrin, Consul General of France in Mumbai, this expo showcases Renault’s first Kwid art car by Sen. This art car gives us a glimpse into the dialogue between Sen and the car, between art and technology, between painting and design. Sen painted this beautiful car at the Renault Design Workshop in Chennai. The theme is Ville Enigmatique, where we can see a skillful blending of Indian colonial and trading history and French culture, revisited through the Gesturism Art approach. The beauty of his style perfectly marries the innovative features of the Kwid.
Old 11th November 2016, 15:43   #492
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^ Looks really bad, confused and cluttered IMO! Bad choice of art. :(

Last edited by SDP : 11th November 2016 at 15:46.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:57   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

That paint scheme looks hideous IMO. And its distracting too. I can't identify the lights, handles, etc unless I concentrate and look hard at it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 16:08   #494
Senior - BHPian

IF this was financed and promoted by a competitor of the Kwid, only then it makes sense. Because this "ART EDITION" is probably the worst paint job ever done on a car.

Even those self claimed enthusiasts who paint their cars in multiple tones and attach 50 stickers on it would look better than this piece of art.

Unless, of course, this is the new color that Renault will use on the test mules before launch.
Old 11th November 2016, 17:13   #495
Senior - BHPian

This looks like an unreleased car undergoing testing.
If the badges were hidden, I am sure people would capture spy pics claiming new version of kwid undergoing road test.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks