Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 10:26   #601
ECM
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

My question, is this a brand new car? Can a showroom delivery have scratches and junk like this? Is showroom in the middle of Ocean with 100% moisture level? Views invited from members.
Old 17th March 2018, 10:41   #602
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This probably could be a car which has been lying at their yard since a very long time. Another reason for the rust could be that the car was submerged in water upto some level which could have caused the moisture issue.

Dust is a very normal issue for cars which are lying at warehouse/yard. And it's the dealers responsibility to ensure the car in spick and span during the time of delivery. Rust in so much abundance is not normal.

But it all depends now on a lot of factors? Did your friend check the VIN number before taking delivery? Did he agree for an old stock clearance car? Did the dealers tell him that they are giving him an old stock?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 11:32   #603
ECM
BHPian

Hello V12, from VIN its Oct 2017 model,rest info I don't have about his dialogues with dealer but looks none controversial matter was there and car was given saying Brand New!
Old 17th March 2018, 12:25   #604
Senior - BHPian

Can you please ask your friend to share the VIN details and the date of purchase of the car.
This looks like a 02 version, very early to have rust marks.
Old 17th March 2018, 18:35   #605
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Can you please ask your friend to share the VIN details and the date of purchase of the car.
This looks like a 02 version, very early to have rust marks.
I have checked his VIN, its Oct-2017 Majumdarda,Thank you
ECM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 18:58   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
I have checked his VIN, its Oct-2017 Majumdarda,Thank you
02 version was released around Aug 2017. 02 version mainly had external graphical changes. If the VIN details are pointing towards October 2017, taking a delivery of the same around March (5 months) is not a wise decision (reading the forum I understand that 3 months is the max one should expect).

If this is indeed a 02 version and not the 01 version with the stickers pasted, most probably the car has been lying unattended and parts interchanged before delivery. Can your friend have a genuine third party opinion with regards to the rust and the camber condition (at least from two non Renault service locations like MRF tyre alignment center)

Please update status.
Old 17th March 2018, 19:07   #607
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
02 version was released around Aug 2017. 02 version mainly had external graphical changes. If the VIN details are pointing towards October 2017, taking a delivery of the same around March (5 months) is not a wise decision (reading the forum I understand that 3 months is the max one should expect).

If this is indeed a 02 version and not the 01 version with the stickers pasted, most probably the car has been lying unattended and parts interchanged before delivery. Can your friend have a genuine third party opinion with regards to the rust and the camber condition (at least from two non Renault service locations like MRF tyre alignment center)

Please update status.
I too feel like you and told my friend before I posted this here,either it was submerged in a water or due to reasons given you other members, in short something is fishy.

Seniors kindly advise is it safe to share someone's VIN number? If no problem then I can share his number.

Last edited by ECM : 17th March 2018 at 19:12. Reason: Adding one line...
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:01   #608
BHPian

A friend got a used Kwid recently and one of the issues he is seeing is that the DTE is very unreliable. For instance, when the DTE is at say 80kms, it suddenly goes down to --- indicating that it is unable to show the DTE values.

Also, the decrements are multiple of 10's. Is this is a known behavior? We are just wondering if it is as designed or something wrong with this car.
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:04   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
A friend got a used Kwid recently and one of the issues he is seeing is that the DTE is very unreliable. For instance, when the DTE is at say 80kms, it suddenly goes down to --- indicating that it is unable to show the DTE values.

Also, the decrements are multiple of 10's. Is this is a known behavior? We are just wondering if it is as designed or something wrong with this car.
For anything below 100, DTE is not accurate. When the indicator starts blinking, the tool is not in a position to make a fair assumption.
The decrements are in multiples of 10.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:23   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post

Don't fret about DTE, once the low fuel signal starts blinking, you got around 8-10 liters of fuel remaining. To be safe, I assume I am good to go another 80km. But it is a good practise to refill once it starts blinking.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:51   #611
BHPian

Quote:
For anything below 100, DTE is not accurate. When the indicator starts blinking, the tool is not in a position to make a fair assumption.
The decrements are in multiples of 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Don't fret about DTE, once the low fuel signal starts blinking, you got around 8-10 liters of fuel remaining. To be safe, I assume I am good to go another 80km. But it is a good practise to refill once it starts blinking.
Thank you. It seems weird that the DTE is so inaccurate when it is required the most. 100 km is a pretty big range (the whole range of an E2O). Whats the point of having a DTE then? The fuel guage with the "low-fuel" indicator does the job isn't it?
You win some, you lose some - i guess!!
But thanks again for the info.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 14:23   #612
BHPian

Quick update regarding renault finance. I closed the loan on my kwid on April 17 and they have still not dispatched the NOC. Been calling them everyday since the past 15 days. The reply I keep getting is the NOC department is still working on it.

Today I was told the NOC was ready 3 days back but was not picked up by the courier service because they do not have enough documents to dispatch and the courier will only pick up if there is a bulk shipment. Bizarre reason.

The dealer says he has nothing to do about this. They say once the vehicle is out, there is nothing they can do. Believe me their finance person said that. Does it take 20 days to dispatch an NOC? I received all my earlier NOC's in maximum 7-10 days after closing the loan.
Old 29th May 2018, 05:10   #613
BHPian

My fellow bhpians,

Does anyone know how many days does it take for the KWID to be delivered from the time of booking in Mumbai. I will be in India for 3 weeks in December 2018 and was looking to buy it for my parents as a spare car.

Thanks in advance
Old 9th June 2018, 16:53   #614
BHPian

I had booked a Kwid AMT RXT(O) on 14th MAY 2018 and was informed that the car would be available in a weeks time. But after making the payment for the car, now i am informed by the sales executive that the car wont be available till the end of June due to plant maintenance. I had inquired with other dealers here in Chennai. They reported that Kwid AMT manufacture has been stalled due to some sensor issue. Can others on this forum update me on the same.
Old 11th June 2018, 12:14   #615
Senior - BHPian

Has any one else experienced a sudden loss of power in stop and go traffic with AC running.

It happens once in a while and it is immediately followed after the engine Lugs a bit.
You assume that the car has stalled but power to the car resumes shortly.

Its the 800cc Kwid.

Most Viewed