Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 08:31   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Look for the twins in the circles
Ah I see them now. So basically it's one connection shared between 2. I am sure your technician has used the Hella relay as well to get the proper sounds.

Will it be possible to share any sort of wiring diagram so that I can ask the fitters here.

The cause for all this panik is because these technicians have this strange habit of cutting wires here and there (without any regards to warranty void) and then applying black tape to cover up. Trying to reason with them is impossible.

Regards,

Bikramjit.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 10:31   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Will it be possible to share any sort of wiring diagram so that I can ask the fitters here.

The cause for all this panik is because these technicians have this strange habit of cutting wires here and there (without any regards to warranty void) and then applying black tape to cover up.
Yes, it was properly installed and the output is incomparable

Sorry, don't have any wiring diagrams. The technician was a master in these kind of jobs and I simply entrusted him. The perfection of his work is commendable.

I was just a spectator while the installation was going on. No wires where spliced. All connections were made with high quality clips and punched connectors. The existing horn had two female connectors, the new wiring set had two male connectors which was plugged into the former.

Don't hesitate for your installation. Just find a good technician.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 22:46   #528
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there handsfree steering control available available that is compatible with the Kwid entertainment system to be able to (1) control the music system and (2) accept/reject mobile calls.
Old 11th June 2017, 13:53   #529
BHPian

Production Spec Kwid For Latin American markets has been revealed.

Quote:
Bookings for the Renault Kwid are currently being accepted across all dealerships in Brazil for a minimum deposit of BRL 1,000. Initially, it will be available in three grades: Life, Zen and Intense, and prices range between BRL 29,990 (5.85 lacs) – BRL 39,990 (7.81 lacs). Deliveries of the Kwid in Brazil will commence this August.

Under the hood is the 1.0-litre flex-fuel engine, which doesn’t get variable valve timing like the Logan and Sandero. It produces 66 hp & 9.4 kg.m with petrol, and 70 hp & 9.8 kg.m with ethanol. The quoted urban averages are 15.2 km/l (petrol) and 10.5 km/l (ethanol). For now, the Kwid will only be sold with a 5-speed manual gearbox. It is capable of sprinting from 0-100 km/h in 14.7 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 156 km/h.

The Brazilian Kwid comes standard with four airbags plus Isofix and ABS brakes with EBD.
Renault Kwid : Official Review-productionspecrenaultkwidforlatinamericaunveiledfrontquarter.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-productionspecrenaultkwidforlatinamericaunveiledinterior.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-productionspecrenaultkwidforlatinamericaunveiledcenterconsole.jpg

Renault Kwid : Official Review-productionspecrenaultkwidforlatinamericaunveiledrearquarter.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 09:24   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes, it was properly installed and the output is incomparable

Sorry, don't have any wiring diagrams. The technician was a master in these kind of jobs and I simply entrusted him. The perfection of his work is commendable.

I was just a spectator while the installation was going on. No wires where spliced. All connections were made with high quality clips and punched connectors. The existing horn had two female connectors, the new wiring set had two male connectors which was plugged into the former.

Don't hesitate for your installation. Just find a good technician.

Cheers!
I got one technician who performs the wiring etc and would have to check with him I think. Heard that he is good at his profession.

The latest challenge is that the Hella Sharptones are retailing for contradictory prices at the Amazon India. One seller, updated as hella, is selling the Hella Sharptones for 9442 with the relay. The Amazon is selling themselves at 794, but without the relay and then I have another option with the relay at 899.

The Hella site advises that the product comes with a relay by default but it does not have the price mentioned.

Looking at the stark difference in price, I am now confused if there are aftermarkets Hellas in the market, being sold by Amazon themselves?

Any solutions please?
Old 12th June 2017, 11:07   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Looking at the stark difference in price, I am now confused if there are aftermarkets Hellas in the market, being sold by Amazon themselves?
I think you are talking about counterfeit Hella. It may be possible. I bought mine from an accessory shop with bill and warranty. Look for the MRP. Try different shops and compare the prices. Or buy horn from shop and relay from Amazon.

Cheers!
Old 25th June 2017, 16:22   #532
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Got delivery of our Kwid RXT 800 yesterday. Car was booked on 3rd June and as promised within 3 weeks we got it delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-picsart_062512.39.46.jpg  

Old 25th June 2017, 16:57   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Got delivery of our Kwid RXT 800 yesterday. Car was booked on 3rd June and as promised within 3 weeks we got it delivered.
Congrats V12...Incidentally I took delivery of my RXL (800cc) yesterday,which came loaded with chrome accents and sports stickering,Roof rails (though they were not part of the RXL variant)..Our sweet Renault Dealer gave an excellent deal, pre GST and delivered in 4 days !!!You should also get Chrome package to your Kwid.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-c.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-d.jpg  

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 17:53   #534
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations to you Hillram - your Kwid looks good with those decals. Not a big fan of the chrome decals - although I like the rear tail light surrounds. May opt for it during the first service.
Old 25th June 2017, 19:21   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congratulations to you Hillram - your Kwid looks good with those decals. Not a big fan of the chrome decals - although I like the rear tail light surrounds. May opt for it during the first service.
Lets post an ownership review soon.Im interested to see your experiences as the engine size is same in our car.
Old 25th June 2017, 19:49   #536
Team-BHP Support

Between the 0.8 and 1.0 liter variants, which has better low end torque?
Old 25th June 2017, 19:58   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Between the 0.8 and 1.0 liter variants, which has better low end torque?
I found 0.8 engine very sluggish, but since our Kwid is essentially going to be driven by my better half,who is upgrading from a 626cc Nano, I found it to be all right.
Old 25th June 2017, 20:18   #538
BHPian

The .8l engine took ~8k kms to open up. Still expect some downshifts & AC controlling to keep up the pace in slow moving traffic & inclines. It's quite a handful during the initial few thousand kms. When opened up, it's quite smooth once one gets the hang of it and also feels a lot more responsive when laden. The ride quality in any case is brilliant.

The 1l is said to have patched a lot of these issues.

With the .8l, i'd say give it time. It only gets better.

Last edited by SandyX : 25th June 2017 at 20:21.
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 22:16   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
The .8l engine took ~8k kms to open up. Still expect some downshifts & AC controlling to keep up the pace in slow moving traffic & inclines. It's quite a handful during the initial few thousand kms. When opened up, it's quite smooth once one gets the hang of it and also feels a lot more responsive when laden. The ride quality in any case is brilliant.

The 1l is said to have patched a lot of these issues.

With the .8l, i'd say give it time. It only gets better.
Appreciate your assurance and it certainly gives a comfort.But how long will it take for me to achieve 8k kms is a question to reckon !!
Old 25th June 2017, 22:59   #540
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

In the short drive that I had, yes the low end torque of the 800 is pathetic. I had to switch to first gear every time I came across a speed breaker - the 2nd is not good enough in very low speeds.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks