Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 10:15   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition launched

A half-hearted approach to clear stocks of 2017, they could have provided at least Day/Night IRVM, adjustable ORVM's, headrests and special edition alloy wheels. This does not deserve a new thread.

Last edited by deehunk : 7th January 2018 at 10:17.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 08:51   #587
BHPian

Apart from the parking sensor, I don’t see anything useful. It’s a marketing trick to garner interest. And I think it’ll work (for the masses).
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 09:49   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Kwid 'Live for More Reloaded' 2018 Edition comes with new exterior additions like the dual-tone graphics on the roof, bonnet and sides of the car and 'Live For More' decals. Owners can also choose between Sportz and Rallycross graphics. Additionally, it gets black, dark grey, silver and lime coloured accents depending on the body colour. The front grille gets silver accents, while the wheel caps and the ORVM housings get lime highlights.
It’s wonderful, the sticker job on the bonnet and doors helps in better wind deflection, and the lime highlights on the wheels add to stability!

Either Renault think-tank is really dumb or they think they are extremely smart; so much to think that their target buyers are super-dumb to give into these special editions!
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 12:55   #589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
In my opinion, such ridiculous sticker-job limited editions don't need a separate new thread.
This can be very well added to the existing official Kwid thread.
Merged, thank you .

In the future, do let us know of your opinion via a reported post for quicker action.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 17:17   #590
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Kwid does come with interesting sticker jobs. It is almost as if it is a small kid who tries real hard to stand out and frankly it does succeed to some extent.

Some times it looks good and some combinations are quite bad, but evidently there are some customers who like it and retain /buy those combinations. Every thing we see on the road is finally something that the end customer has liked.

While I do not appreciate new editions which just a sticker job in general, I could actually appreciate it to some extent in the Kwid segment at it's price point.

Wish it was safer though.
Old 13th January 2018, 18:40   #591
Senior - BHPian

Completed the Second servicing at 105XX. Seems the lock buttons on the doors are pretty weak and this time I had the Rear Left door's replaced. Covered under warranty off course.

I also had placed an order for the IVRM of the Pulse and its a perfect fit in Kwid. Other Kwid owners can go for the same.

[Price : 450, Part Number : 963211HD0A]

For my upcoming trip, I took a bottle of the coolant, the SC uses. Below it is :-

Renault Kwid : Official Review-coolant_front.jpg
Renault Kwid : Official Review-coolant_rear.jpg

Can anybody please advise how its different from the one Shell uses? (I understand that the one SC uses is premixed and there is no need for additional diluting unlike the shell's)

Renault Kwid : Official Review-shell-coolant.jpg

Let me see if I get a response here, else will post the query in the engine oil section.
Old 10th February 2018, 13:53   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Malfunction Light :

Renault Kwid 0.8 L
April 2016 batch

Video :

More details :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4354676

Did anybody else face this issue? This is due to faulty A pedal sensor.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th February 2018 at 14:22.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:29   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Malfunction Light :

Renault Kwid 0.8 L
April 2016 batch

Did anybody else face this issue? This is due to faulty A pedal sensor.
A few of my colleagues in our Kwid's WA group have reported facing the same issue.
Old 12th February 2018, 16:36   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
A few of my colleagues in our Kwid's WA group have reported facing the same issue.
Was it fine after replacing A pedal sensor?

I observed one more issue yesterday. High beam light, turn signal light was not working in the cluster, but they were actually functioning. The issue got resolved on it's own today .
Old 12th February 2018, 16:40   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Was it fine after replacing A pedal sensor?
From what I have understood reading their posts is that when this issue comes up, a visit to the SC is a must and the A pedal (sensor!) is replaced under warranty. I have asked for more information on this from them.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:42   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
From what I have understood reading their posts is that when this issue comes up, a visit to the SC is a must and the A pedal (sensor!) is replaced under warranty. I have asked for more information on this from them.
Dad had visited service centre last month. They did agree to replace under warranty. The part was not available then. I am planning to visit them soon.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 18:58   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : Faulty Accelerator Pedal & Sensor Replaced!
Renault Kwid : Official Review-img_20180213_184551.jpg
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4356311
Old 19th February 2018, 15:32   #598
BHPian

A colleague of mine came across something very interesting during his research.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-kwid-ad.jpg

Seems like there is a family feud happening within the Renault Group

Renault Brasil is not holding back on 'reinforcing' its views on its locally produced Kwid as compared to the Indian one!

You can find the actual link here: https://loja.renault.com.br/ Select any region and city, google translate the page, and scroll to the bottom to see it on the bottom left.

Last edited by qr20de : 19th February 2018 at 15:33.
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:37   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

I have faced one weird issue. Explained it in this video.

More details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4361928

Did anybody else face the same? What could be the culprit?
Old 17th March 2018, 10:17   #600
ECM
BHPian

Car is Kwid1.0L Anniversary Edition bought by my friend Jayant Uppal and below is his saga, I am posting on his behalf as he is not a member of this super forum.
===========
Day 1(12th, march, the day when I finally got delivery of the car)

I purchased a Kwid 1.0 from your showroom in Mohali franchise i.e. Benchmark motors located in sector 73, Mohali, Punjab. It has been such a painful process. The car delivered to me wasn't even washed properly. Dust below headlamps, dust around the door handles, water marks all over the car are among the few things that showed up as soon as I saw the car. Never expected to face such an issue right when I am buying the car. If I would have not made the payment, I would have surely stepped back already. Sadly I am stuck now since I have made the payment already, but this really is a very very bad experience. Guess now I know why not many people go for Renault.

All this was despite me returning without taking the delivery yesterday because there was dust all inside the car on the mat and the car had dust all over on the exterior too. I expected that after what happened yesterday, at least today(on 12th March 2018) I wont be needing to have the same experience. But all was in vain.

This was really one of the most stressful and shameful purchases I have ever done in my life.

Day 2 (13th March 2018)

Noticed that steering isn't working properly. The steering won't return to center and stays turned while taking a U turn and the car keeps dragging to one side. Took the car i.e. Kwid, to nearest service station which belongs to benchmark motors and. Is located in industrial area phase 2, Panchkula, Haryana. Initially they denied that steering had an issue. When I mentioned that the demo car which I drove during test drive had no such issues, should be tested for this particular thing, they agreed and said that they will test it so that my doubt can be cleared, but instead their doubts were cleared as the demo car steering was working perfect as it should. Then they offered me to repair my steering. Repair for a car driven 45 kilo meters? I denied the repair. I bought a new car and there is no way that I am getting such a big repair when I haven't driven even 50 km. They anyways mounted the car to see if they can find something. When they mounted, I noticed that whole axle had rust all over it. Initially they denied it being the rust but eventually agreed that it was rust. They offered me a fix and proposed that they will clean and oil it, but again, really?

Is this a new car? Or a used car which is being dumped upon me in the name of new. Since the car is still under 100 km driven, I want the car to either be replaced or my money refunded to me. I don't want this car to be repaired. Repair will be almost like you buy a new mobile and since it has issues, the company will replace two ICs and give it back to you. This won't be a new purchase any longer if these big repairs are done at such an early stage of my purchase.

This might be just another sale, another complaint for you but it is THE Car for me. So I sincerely expect a timely and an acceptable resolution for the issue.

This is what I sent to customer@renault.com. Day 1 part was sent yesterday and above was sent today. Still no word from them. Tweeted too while addressing Renault worldwide and Renault India but no response there either.

Any suggestions what should be done to get the car replaced? Can a brand new showroom delivery look like this? He till today have NOT received any feedback from Renault by mail or by telephone call as per my understanding.
This is for mod> This is victim's twitter and FB ids as he is not a member here, I being a third party may not be in a position to update this regularly/constantly hence I have posted his IDs.
https://m.facebook.com/jayant.uppal

@jayztheone on Twitter
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-photo_20180317_101032.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-photo_20180313_224633.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-screenshot_2.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-screenshot_3.jpg  

Last edited by ECM : 17th March 2018 at 10:29. Reason: Added few more pics
ECM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks