Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 15:44   #556
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
In continuation to my post # 553..here are both headlights effected for my Kwid due to seepage of water.Notice the dark brown patch formed,which cannot be cleaned !!!
Direct the pressure washer nozzle safely into that area & everything will come right out, more so if the car is parked nose down in an incline.
Old 12th July 2017, 16:33   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Direct the pressure washer nozzle safely into that area & everything will come right out, more so if the car is parked nose down in an incline.
Exactly. There is a gap between the headlight casing and the fiber body and dirt accumulates there. I also have the similar condition on the left hand side headlight and have to get it pressure washed.

Is there anyways to prevent such reoccurrences? Can we use some sort of fillers? Is there such an option available?
Old 15th July 2017, 22:33   #558
Senior - BHPian

I have referred the Head Light issue to Renault India and they have now directed the dealer to replace with new Headlights Assembly under warranty.
All Kwid owners can approach their dealers for this replacement,if the issue is similar to mine.

Last edited by hillram : 15th July 2017 at 22:34.
Old 16th July 2017, 07:00   #559
BHPian

Quote:
replace with new Headlights Assembly under warranty.
All Kwid owners can approach their dealers for this replacement,if the issue is similar to mine.
Does that mean there's a new headlight design that do not leave a gap under it? The bumper part under the lights itself is designed in such a way to drain any held water on the move.
Old 16th July 2017, 08:07   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have referred the Head Light issue to Renault India and they have now directed the dealer to replace with new Headlights Assembly under warranty.
Requesting you to please share some images of the new headlight assembly. Please click the images closely so that we can observe the difference in the new one from the old one.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:10   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
That's what u thought too - but I noticed that the headlights started misting when the car was being washed? Any idea if the headlight is completely sealed?
The headlights are not sealed completely by design. There are vents to accommodate changes in air pressure.

Last winter, I saw misting inside the right headlight of the Fiesta and it went away after sometime. Ford' owner' manual had the following when I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta Owner's Manual
Exterior lamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation. Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions.

Examples of acceptable condensation are:
• The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets).
• A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.

Examples of unacceptable condensation are:
• A water puddle inside the lamp.
• Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.

If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:55   #562
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the update Ram. I am facing the same issue as you - dirt and water accumulating between the headlight and bumper area. Is the replacement under warranty an official replacement and I just have to go to the dealer and ask him to replace? Does the new headlight assembly do away with this fault?
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:20   #563
BHPian

Hi everyone, just had the final free service on my car done at 18xxx kms. The Technician said that a new software update had arrived and I had that done as well. IMHO, the engine performance has improved at the cost of AC Cooling effectiveness.

Also, My car fell into a ditch a few nights ago before the final service when it was raining heavily. The car had fallen pretty deep into the ditch and my oil sump, control arm, bumper cladding etc. were damaged. I had them fixed as well and while I was doing so, I was told that I could fit a plastic cover below the engine. When I asked if it was an official accessory, they said it was, I inspected it and had it fitted. Attaching pictures for reference. Also, I had my glovebox replaced with a new one that doesn't have a place to keep bottle like before. However, it feels so much more sturdier than the earlier one I had.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid : Official Review-underbody-1.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-glovebox-1.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-glovebox-2.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-glovebox-open-2.jpg  

Renault Kwid : Official Review-underbody-2.jpg  

Last edited by wadewilson : 23rd July 2017 at 18:22.
wadewilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:26   #564
BHPian

I enquired about kwid at a showroom yesterday. I don't understand why it is called a VFM car. The version with front power windows was quoted Rs. 4.20 lakh. It's 80k above Alto 800. At 4.5 lakh, I am getting Wagon R Lxi, Tiago XM etc. Which are a segment above kwid, run on bigger engines and have a far better build quality. I don't see a point of choosing kwid over the competition.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:29   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
I don't see a point of choosing kwid over the competition.
Ride quality, looks & 1* safety(amounts to not much but still better than 0* of its competition) is what i see in Kwid. I'm not entirely happy with the .8l engine in mine, still my next A-segment replacement would again be a Kwid but in 1l form. I've used Altos enough so i know how better it feels inside Kwid, & how much better it would feel in the next segment. If budget above 5 lacs, forget the Kwid.

And some of us go to great lengths to avoid any MS in our garage, & the Eon being not much of a pleasure to look at. So the Kwid slots perfectly at a slight premium & to me the feel is worth it.
Old 26th July 2017, 12:20   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Ride quality, looks & 1* safety(amounts to not much but still better than 0* of its competition) is what i see in Kwid.
Ride Quality: Tiago rides much better. At the price point of 0.8 l rxt (o), Tiago xe(o) can be bought.

Looks: I agree with you, but only front looks are appealing, rest is plane jane.

Safety : let the picture speak

Renault Kwid : Official Review-renaultkwidi700x610.jpg

I am sure other cars at 4.xx lakh offer a bit safer cabin.
Old 26th July 2017, 13:07   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Ride Quality: Tiago rides much better. At the price point of 0.8 l rxt (o), Tiago xe(o) can be bought.

Looks: I agree with you, but only front looks are appealing, rest is plane jane.

Safety : let the picture speak

Attachment 1660687
Never liked the looks of Tiago. And never was an option. Also Tiago xe(o) on-road price @5.2lacs while Kwid RxT(O) @4.2lacs. A no-brainer. I clearly mentioned to look beyond Kwid if budget >5 lacs.

Also, Alto 800 VxI(O) is 3.85lacs on-road while the equivalent Kwid RxT(O) @4.25lacs on-road. SO the premium is 40k, not 80k as you mentioned. Ex-showroom & on-road prices shouldn't be mixed.

Quote:
I am sure other cars at 4.xx lakh offer a bit safer cabin.
Highly doubt that since all other tested A1 segment cars scored 0 stars. Tiago is not a 4.xx car so it doesn't count. I can't find any crash test video of Tiago as well. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong here.

I knew someone would come up with the crash test news of first batch Kwid. FYI, the crash test video of current model(1*) as below. The fully unsafe(0*) old version no longer in production.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-1st.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 28th July 2017 at 08:17. Reason: Typos corrected on request
Old 26th July 2017, 13:57   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Never liked the looks of Tiago. And never was an option. Also Tiago xe(o) on-road price @5.2lacs while Kwid RxT(O) @4.2lacs.
Tiago XE (o) petrol costs around 4.38 on-road at my place, it is even cheaper in NCR. Here is a quote from Carwale.

Name:  rea.png
Views: 3635
Size:  85.2 KB

Also, Kwid is the only car in India which has been tested four time for its crash worthiness by Global NCAP. Three out of four time it scored zero. There is no way to ascertain if the kwid one rides will score like the last one or like the rest three without actually crashing it. All the other cars from this segment scored zero because their base variants (without safety features) were tested. I am not saying other cars are safe, but if safety is my point of concern, I will never pick Kwid for that one star.

Tiago, Celerio, Wagon R etc. can be bought in sub 5 lakh budget. They offer more power, less cost-cutting, more solid build and more attractive safety package.
Udit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 15:09   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Tiago XE (o) petrol costs around 4.38 on-road at my place, it is even cheaper in NCR. Here is a quote from Carwale.

Also, Kwid is the only car in India which has been tested four time for its crash worthiness by Global NCAP. Three out of four time it scored zero.

Tiago, Celerio, Wagon R etc. can be bought in sub 5 lakh budget. They offer more power, less cost-cutting, more solid build and more attractive safety package.
Shouldn't you be comparing variant-to-variant? Atleast that's how it's done elsewhere. Let's compare Tiago XT(O) & Kwid RxT(O) on-road, assuming both are top end. 5.2lacs vs 4.3lacs is still quite some gap in the entry segment if budget is a factor. So from what Kwid provides compared to its competition(Alto 800, Eon) at a slight premium(~40k), it's considered VFM. Again, look beyond Kwid if budget >5lacs possible. Yes i agree top end of Kwid comes close to base variant of Tiago but one is loaded while the other is less loaded in some areas. Just like Kwid, not much is said about its engine as well.

Renault Kwid : Official Review-fgh.jpg

Well, atleast they tested 4 times & reached a 1*, even though they reinforced only the driver side. Kudos to them in my books when its immediate competition(Alto, eon) didn't even bother to replicate. Also i clearly mentioned a 1* amounts to nothing much on the road. All these tin cans are flimsy due to lack of regulations.

If safety is any consideration, most Indian models under 10 lacs won't qualify, much less an A-seg Kwid. What are we doing about it? Nothing. When you recommend one model over another in terms of safety, please back it up with NCAP scores. Kwid has it.

I can speak only for myself here. MS cars are a strict NO-NO in my garage, so none of their models were in consideration & will never be. And none of their models under 5lacs(or more) are known for some of the things(more power, less cost-cutting, more solid build and more attractive safety package) you mentioned above. Hate the Tiago front end so that's out as well along with Eon. There never was a 1l Kwid when i shopped, so took the 8l. If Hyundai made a gutsy looking A-seg model, I'd have definitely took it but they didn't.

All i can say is the Kwid i know rides & feels much better than the Alto we had before. That's what i looked for in a <5lacs package whose sole duty is to stay chuckable in city & it's doing much more than that comfortably, mostly. If you prefer a different brand, do go get it by all means.

Last edited by SandyX : 26th July 2017 at 15:33.
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 16:07   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Shouldn't you be comparing variant-to-variant?
No! I shouldn't. Because we are talking about price point rather than variants. Otherwise, we shouldn't even compare an A segment 800 cc hatch with a B1 segment 1200 cc hatch. Tiago is simply a class above. All I wanted to point in my previous post is 'why one should buy that top variant of an 800cc A segment hatch when the mid variants of cars from a segment above are available at the same price ?'. Kwid was certainly a bang-for-buck product when it was launched but not today. It is the most pricey A segment car, alto 800 costs a lakh lesser than it.

Quote:
Well, atleast they tested 4 times & reached a 1*, even though they reinforced only the driver side.
Still, how one can say that Renault implicated that reinforcement in their production variants too ? what if that was only for that crash test specific car ? what if the car crashes on the passenger side ?

Quote:
If safety is any consideration, most Indian models under 10 lacs won't qualify.
Not most. But many of the cars perform much better e.g. Polo, Etios, figo, Zest etc. Even the new gen global models of Suzuki cars scored fair in crash tests.

Quote:
None of their models under 5lacs(or more) are known for any of the things(more power, less cost-cutting, more solid build and more attractive safety package) you mentioned above.
I don't agree on this point. Maruti Suzuki cars which fall in 4-5 lakh price bracket (i.e. Celerio and Wagon R) are better built as compared to kwid. They offer better safety options (dual airbags with ABS) and cost cutting in these cars is not as much as in Kwid (3 lug nuts, plastic oil sump, plastic engine cover, no motor for headlamp leveling, single wiper etc.)

I don't have any personal grudge for any product. All I want to say is Kwid has lost its USP (VFM quotient). It is pricey for its segment. And, that is reflected in the recent sales charts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks