Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 20:21   #556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
XUV500 has its share of electrical problems, if the niggles thread is anything to go by but the car still has 2 years main warranty and 2 years extended warranty left. Hence I was willing to take the risk.
Even I am on the lookout for a low mileage, relatively new XUV 500 AT. I saw one ad for a 2018 April make W9 AT with 42k kms on the odo. The guy is quoting 14.75L for it.

Wanted to ask a couple of things
  • Is the quoted price fair? If I negotiate, how much should I expect the price to drop.
  • What are the things to look out for while getting an XUV 500? Any special cases that need to be looked out specifically for? Like rusting, suspension, etc?
  • Coming from a Maruti, I am used to this trouble free, stress free ownership experience and would like to keep it that way. Will XUV ownership prove otherwise?
  • What is the average annual maintenance cost I should keep aside for the vehicle. Will help me budget.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th January 2021, 20:50   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Even I am on the lookout for a low mileage, relatively new XUV 500 AT. I saw one ad for a 2018 April make W9 AT with 42k kms on the odo. The guy is quoting 14.75L for it.

Wanted to ask a couple of things
  • Is the quoted price fair? If I negotiate, how much should I expect the price to drop.
  • What are the things to look out for while getting an XUV 500? Any special cases that need to be looked out specifically for? Like rusting, suspension, etc?
  • Coming from a Maruti, I am used to this trouble free, stress free ownership experience and would like to keep it that way. Will XUV ownership prove otherwise?
  • What is the average annual maintenance cost I should keep aside for the vehicle. Will help me budget.
Thanks in advance.
Just a word of advice, you might also consider posting this in the USED car price thread, which is dedicated for something like this.

Not wrong to post here, just felt it might help you out better if you do it there as well.
DeathPig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:36   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post

Wanted to ask a couple of things..................
Thanks in advance.
a. 14.75 for a 3 year old car looks high. I had got an one year old W10 FWD AT for ~15 lakhs in Chennai. Maybe something like 11 lakhs would be a reasonable considering that its Maharashtra where used car prices are lower when compared to the South of India. Also, I would personally recommend cars which have less than 25K on the odo as its 'almost' a new car.

b. No idea. The car was in warranty (4 years were remaining). Did a quick check with the service center and insurance provider which showed no accident claims. Maybe Team-bhp used car checklist might be helpful.

c. I have owned Tata, Fiat, Honda and now a Mahindra. XUV500 is on par with the Honda and Fiat with no major issues. There was a minor issue with few of the parking sensors (2) failing which were subsequently replaced under warranty, though it took a week for the part to arrive.

d. It costs around 6K-8K per year on scheduled maintenance. Service is cheap and nothing has failed (yet), so cannot comment on running costs.

Being a heavy automatic car, I would suspect brake pads to have lower life than manual and mileage in city would be poor (< 9 km/liter). In highways the car gives a good mileage of 13-14 km/liter and is super comfortable over long distances.

Last edited by Aceman82 : 17th January 2021 at 11:39.
Aceman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:55   #559
BHPian

I am looking for a pre-owned XUV500 AWD. XUV owners, please help with the following queries:
1. Did the AWD version of XUV500 came only with AT? So far, I haven't seen any AWD MT XUV500 in the used car marketplace.
2. How reliable was the AT for XUV 500? Any known common niggles?
3. How to check whether the AWD system is operational and good during a test drive?
Old 14th August 2022, 17:13   #560
BHPian

I own a XUV W10 AT FWD since Jan 2016. As a recollect , AWD was very much in existence before AT was introduced in Jan 2016. I never faced any niggles with AT gearbox which is a Torque Convertor gearbox.
Old 24th September 2022, 20:38   #561
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Have borrowed it for a week and I absolutely love every living breathing moment of it.

The gearbox has a sixth sense and is always in the correct gear. A gentle tap on the accelerator and it moves violently.

The mHawk is truly a gem of a motor.

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-pxl_20220924_175529874.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-img20220924wa0023.jpg

Travelogue + mini review soon.
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 09:44   #562
BHPian

Hi All,

Can anyone assist me with a SVC/garage who will help me with ATF replacement of my 4 year old XUV 500 auto (currently run 33000Kms in mixed driving conditions) for Bangalore location.

I have checked with both India Garage and other SVCs, who do not appear to have the technical ability to carry out the same.

The service folks go on the line "Its sealed for life and replacing might cause issues.." . Since this is something i would like to carry out as preventive maintenance, any leads on garages carrying out the same will be helpful.

Regards
Old 19th December 2023, 15:37   #563
BHPian

Hi all, I wanted to change the air filter in my 2019 XUV 500. I searched around but learnt that k&n and BMC do not make them anymore for XUV 500. Can anyone suggest any alternative please?
Old 19th December 2023, 16:19   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Can anyone assist me with a SVC/garage who will help me with ATF replacement of my 4 year old XUV 500 auto
You can get it done from Chrome motors, Mysore road. A friend of mine got it done with them last month.
However, I feel your vehicle odo + age is bit low for ATF change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
. Can anyone suggest any alternative please?
Are you checking for any performance models or regular ones are fine? If so, do check in bodmo, I have got the replacement from there multiple times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks