Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 14:56   #496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant.guru@gma View Post
I am killing myself for no reason on which car I should upgrade to. I have a Sumo Gold GX 2015 model that has run about 50k. It is perfectly fine and does the job amazingly for m but there is an itch to upgrade that I simply cannot shake off as hard as I try. I can easily keep it for another year at a minimum but I am also wary of the extended warranty expiring and the depreciation being even worse.

I really want to get a Safari Storme VX 400 NM 2 WD but the W7 XUV is simply irresistible as a proposition. I hope I don't end up buying a Verna simply because its so much more bang for buck. I know different segments et all but car buying is a tougher decision for enthusiasts than it is for people who aren't really that into cars. Who would have thought!

If the V-400 is what you really want, go get it. There is nothing like it on our roads today (at that budget, I must add)

Of course, you can buy the Verna, if VFM is the key, but with automobiles theres nothing like VFM. All are depreciation monsters, some less some more, but automobiles are the worst way to spend money from ROI perspective.

Just my 1.5 cents. Happy shopping.

cheers
lazy
Old 17th May 2018, 15:24   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Sumo Gold GX 2015 model that has run about 50k.
If the car is running fine, why consider an upgrade? Plus, Sumo is the ideal vehicle for Pune traffic, with the pesky 2 wheelers and rickshaws maintaining a safe distance from you. If you buy a Verna/XUV, they will think you are just another IT pro, and shower you with their love bites.

Some more food for thought below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ink-again.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 17th May 2018 at 15:26.
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 15:58   #498
BHPian

Completely agree with the posts above, all cars are ultimately depreciating pieces of metal, but like I said it's just the itch that's so impossible to shake off. My current vehicle is so perfectly maintained that only now is it truly into its stride- reliable, smooth and in a world of similar looking sedans, it certainly catches the fancy of bystanders, especially traffic cops. I am currently driving the vehicle in Bangalore but not a single cop has pulled me over in the last couple of years. I need to think about paying road tax soon. Many times we forget that the boredom in our lives is not due to the absence of a better more powerful vehicle but the absence of a life in general. Lol, hope the mod doesn't ban me for digressing so much.

Couple of recent pics of my sumo from a recent road trip to Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-3f9cc6333b3e4962bda7e8bda6fd479a.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-73e0430285154c94bdb077a0495ba585.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-403bd3270310434fa497b66a1b5caf27.jpeg  

Last edited by 4Runner : 17th May 2018 at 16:03. Reason: Typos
4Runner is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 19:52   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of recent pics of my sumo from a recent road trip to Kerala.
Wow, thats one clean, white machine for a 50K run!
If I were you, I would use it for another year, make it dirty and clean it off before selling it off
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 11:07   #500
BHPian

Guys, need some help.

I've picked up the New Xuv Diesel Automatic, and i want to know how good the factory tinted glasses are? Is it good enough for heat rejection or do we need cr70 sunfilms (Yes. Not legal, i know, but chennai heat)
Old 28th May 2018, 18:26   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Guys, need some help.

I've picked up the New Xuv Diesel Automatic, and i want to know how good the factory tinted glasses are? Is it good enough for heat rejection or do we need cr70 sunfilms (Yes. Not legal, i know, but chennai heat)
I had a 2013 model, but always felt the need for a sun film given Chennai climate. Instead of 3M, I went for Garware before 2 yrs & it served the purpose very well till I sold the vehicle. Have pm'd you the contact # as they do the service at door step
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 17:55   #502
BHPian

Recently booked the W11(O) AWD AT, delivery scheduled by the 21st. That's a 5 week wait). The dealer said that the AWD is made only to order and the colour I wanted (Black) was produced in small batches. Could any of our members please guide me as to where I could get the new Tyres changed to AT's from the stock HT's. I live in Mumbai and my regular tyre guy says AT's not available in the 235 65 R18 size. I intend to go to the tyre place to get the tyres changed straight from the showroom when I get the vehicle. Any help appreciated.
flyboy747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2018, 14:11   #503
BHPian

Just completed 3000 Kms in 4 months. As my office is close by I don't get to drive much. Did one Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai trip. Totally loving the feel of the Automatic.

Niggles faced -

Brake Switch went kaput. Got it changed under warranty. Car started showing error in infotainment that the hill hold is not working.

Minor Rattle from the Sun Visor Mirror Cover.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 17:07   #504
BHPian

Hi Friends,

My cousin is considering buying an AWD W11 MT version. What he felt after the TD of MT and AT is that the AT is little noisy at lower gears.

Is that true?
Since he is 45+ he wanted an AT, but due this noisy thing he shifted to MT. Please let me know which one is a better buy? He wants a nice and a cabin that has less noise.

What FE the MT and AT will give in City (Tier II) and Highways?

Thanks,
deemash
Old 23rd June 2018, 22:23   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Hi Friends,

My cousin is considering buying an AWD W11 MT version. What he felt after the TD of MT and AT is that the AT is little noisy at lower gears.

Is that true?
Since he is 45+ he wanted an AT, but due this noisy thing he shifted to MT. Please let me know which one is a better buy? He wants a nice and a cabin that has less noise.

Thanks,
deemash
The AT does sound a little noisier at lower gears since it tends to rev a little higher than the manual, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker in my experience with my own W10 AWD AT.

For an older person (he seems around my age which is 48 ) AT will be much better, especially in city driving.

I test drove the new W11 AT and found it a little smoother than my W10, and a little quieter.

You can expect at best 10-11 kmpl in-city, and low to middle teens on open highways with a light foot.

Last edited by pillainp : 23rd June 2018 at 22:25.
pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 00:45   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Is that true?

Thanks,
deemash
I agree with Phillain's comment above. If its convenience that your friend is looking for then believe me there is no reason not to take AT. Little higher engine sound is hardly noticed after few weeks of ownership. I own a MT and though its not bad but clutch is springy and gears have some throw, not like owning a MT sedan. AT is strongly recommended.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 11:02   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

It becomes silent post 5k service and oil change. Do check how much the test drive vehicle is been driven and is it due for service or oil change, in that case the engine does sound coarse. But all said and done, yes the rpm is higher in lower gears for the AT variant.
Old 30th June 2018, 08:34   #508
BHPian

My W11 All Wheel Drive Automatic. Took delivery yesterday. Gave 16 kmpl during the first 600 km drive. Awesome pick, exceptional handling and planted poise during triple digit speeds, no torque steer, overall I am in Love
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-3e0d2f81b1654f7aa7920b3657299f1a.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-c1a613d77f894f438902a51c8d7bdb37.jpeg  

wanderingwolf is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:05   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Is that true?

Thanks,
deemash
advise Your cousin to take the AT. I drove the AT All Wheel Drive version from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and yet got a mileage of 16 kmpl. The engine grunts little more in 1 gear in AT as it is programmed to keep more power available to the driver. The trick is to press the accelerator lighter and gradually compared to the manual version and the grunt disappears and it shifts smoothly into higher gears. The pickup of AT is faster than manual in my experience on the highway. The non-stop 600 km drive was a breeze for me in the Cheeta
wanderingwolf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:55   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingwolf View Post
My W11 All Wheel Drive Automatic. Took delivery yesterday. Gave 16 kmpl during the first 600 km drive. Awesome pick, exceptional handling and planted poise during triple digit speeds, no torque steer, overall I am in Love
Hi wanderingwolf, I too got delivery of my W11 AWD AT on 29th June. Have driven it only 350 kms till date. It has been a complete pleasure. I live in Mumbai too and we should meet up and exchange notes. Do message.
flyboy747 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks