Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 15:21   #526
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Dear all,

Contemplating a W 11 automatic and will probably book in the next week. I have gone through the material on the forum related to performance and niggles, and have a question for automatic owners.

How do you guys feel on the reliability - specifically, the niggles that the other thread has been reporting? Importantly, have the niggles gone down in the recent past - say since the 2018 version came out. All of your inputs will be highly appreciated for the new buyers to take an informed call. Thank you.
Old 1st October 2018, 16:21   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Dear all,

Contemplating a W 11 automatic and will probably book in the next week. I have gone through the material on the forum related to performance and niggles, and have a question for automatic owners.

How do you guys feel on the reliability - specifically, the niggles that the other thread has been reporting? Importantly, have the niggles gone down in the recent past - say since the 2018 version came out. All of your inputs will be highly appreciated for the new buyers to take an informed call. Thank you.
I changed from W8AWD(2015 model) to W11(O) AWD AT recently. Excellent performance of the engine and drive train. No major issues, but some niggles about the auto-aircon setting popping up fan info on the screen. And an issue with GPS which I am told is fixed in an update already released, but I haven't applied it yet.

Overall, very happy with the AT version, for city driving as well as on highways.
arao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 10:48   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Dear all,

Dear all, hoping to hear from all of you on your experience. It will be very useful for all of those who are sitting at the fence. Thanks much
Old 25th December 2018, 16:49   #529
BHPian

Going a little off topic here as I saw mention of captain seats and comparison with Innova. I often do long drives with family in tow ( 4 of us including me). Some recent drives
Bangalore-Pune-Rajasthan (many cities)-Delhi-Agra-Ujjain-Bangalore
Bangalore-Trivandrum-Bangalore
Bangalore-Pune-Shirdi-Ahmedabad-Pune-Bangalore

And the list goes on. I have a W10 and my family often complains of discomfort in the back seats (not third row but second row) on long drives. I have been mulling this captain seat option to improve the ride comfort for my passengers but also see benefits of the bench seat where my kids stretch out.

I have few options to play with
1. Ignore complaints and leave it as is ( highly risky option &#128516
2. Change to captain seats and risk having issues incase of accidents as only bench seats and original config seems to be covered
3. Change my car to a X1 ( not sure if I can afford) . Family does not want me to change if there is no upgrade to XUV, not willing to settle for compromise. I keep hearing year end deals are great but have not checked out.

I am not a van person so cars like Innova, Marazzo etc do not appeal to me.

Would love to get your opinions. Where can I get “Makhan” type ride as my family keeps asking?
shiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 16:55   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post

2. Change to captain seats and risk having issues incase of accidents as only bench seats and original config seems to be covered
3. Change my car to a X1 ( not sure if I can afford) . Family does not want me to change if there is no upgrade to XUV, not willing to settle for compromise. I keep hearing year end deals are great but have not checked out.
I was recently evaluating the XUV500 and found that the seats (even front) are not very comfortable. They are touch high, depth of the base is short and even bit hard. Is there a way you can increase the depth and have softer material? I think W10 has curtain airbags and you need to be careful with tampering.

I have not driven X1 but BMWs are not know for backseat comfort with their overall stiff suspension and run-flat tires.
Old 25th December 2018, 17:12   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I was recently evaluating the XUV500 and found that the seats (even front) are not very comfortable. They are touch high, depth of the base is short and even bit hard. Is there a way you can increase the depth and have softer material? I think W10 has curtain airbags and you need to be careful with tampering.

I have not driven X1 but BMWs are not know for backseat comfort with their overall stiff suspension and run-flat tires.
I have not had any issue with the front seat. In fact the slight hardness and lumber seating in the front makes it quite comfortable, especially on longer drives. I have no complaints as you can see I drive quite a bit. My wife also has no complaints in the front as a passenger and she often rotates with my kids to give them some relief from bench seats. I also own a SX4 which has the traditional softer seats. Now after 55k kms it has started really giving a lot of discomfort even for the driver after 1-2 hours of drive.

Yes, I did hear about the X1 ride quality but am sure it will be a step up from the Xuv.
Old 25th December 2018, 21:33   #532
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Yes, I did hear about the X1 ride quality but am sure it will be a step up from the Xuv.

The other options apart from X1 would be VW Tiguan or a Skoda Kodiaq. These two would be considerable upgrades from XUV500. You can also evaluate the upcoming Tata Harrier.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 25th December 2018 at 21:43.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 00:30   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
The other options apart from X1 would be VW Tiguan or a Skoda Kodiaq. These two would be considerable upgrades from XUV500. You can also evaluate the upcoming Tata Harrier.
If 'comfort' (especially back seat) is the priority, one should definitely check the Alturas G4. It looks really comfortable.
Old 27th December 2018, 09:11   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Isn’t the Kodiaq as expensive as a X1? Don’t intend to be mean but one is BMW and the other is a Skoda at the same price?. I know Kodiaq is loaded to the gills but Skoda has its legendary quality issues which are still keeping it from making brisk sales?
Old 27th December 2018, 10:14   #535
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Harrier is a 5 seater, but as big as the XUV. Has missing features as compared to the XUV. Going by the indicative pricing given by Tata Motors, it might be in the same price range (or even lower) as compared to XUV.

Given all this, do you really think Tata Harrier would be an "upgrade" for a XUV owner? I somehow find that a bit difficult to digest.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 11:13   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Harrier is a 5 seater, but as big as the XUV. Has missing features as compared to the XUV. Going by the indicative pricing given by Tata Motors, it might be in the same price range (or even lower) as compared to XUV.

Given all this, do you really think Tata Harrier would be an "upgrade" for a XUV owner? I somehow find that a bit difficult to digest.

Dear friend I am being misunderstood here. I have mentioned the Tiguan and the Kodiaq as upgrades. Can add Alturas G4 and Tucson to that list. Harrier as mentioned is to evaluate on the same lines as XUV 500 just in case budget is a constraint. I should have been more clear in my first post about it. My bad 😊
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 14:30   #537
BHPian

Tried searching the forum and the internet, but couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Does the XUV 500 have ISOFIX mounts?
Old 13th January 2019, 20:04   #538
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Tried searching the forum and the internet, but couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Does the XUV 500 have ISOFIX mounts?
No, even the current-gen XUV misses out on that feature.
Old 17th February 2019, 12:02   #539
BHPian

Xuv AT Owners,
One of my friend is contemplating getting an pre-owned Xuv automatic. Have a few queries. Hope you guys can clarify
1. What niggles can he expect?! Does it take too much time to take the niggles sorted at the a.s.s?
2. How reliable is the Xuv automatic mechanically?
3. What's the fuel efficiency like in the city(Mumbai) & on highways?
4. Most importantly - Is it a bad idea to go for a used Xuv AT?
Regards,
Varun
Old 17th February 2019, 13:40   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Xuv AT Owners,
One of my friend is contemplating getting an pre-owned Xuv automatic. Have a few queries. Hope you guys can clarify
1. What niggles can he expect?! Does it take too much time to take the niggles sorted at the a.s.s?
2. How reliable is the Xuv automatic mechanically?
3. What's the fuel efficiency like in the city(Mumbai) & on highways?
4. Most importantly - Is it a bad idea to go for a used Xuv AT?
Regards,
Varun
There aren't too many niggles after the 2015 facelift. I have a Dec 2018 AT, and here's what I had -

- the single seat in the second row, which collapses to allow access to the 3rd row, rattled. I had some foam tape on the metal hinges on the floor about a month ago, sorted so far
- ICE has a mind of its own, nothing that can be called a deal breaker. Check my post on the niggles thread on this please
- slight pull to the left after about 80KMPH, will look at it in the 5000 KM service next week
- misaligned headlights, will look at it in the service

The Aisin AWTF-80 SC 6 speed auto is reliable - I haven't heard of any mechanical issues with it. Check the wiki link, you'll be surprised when you see. BMW i8 as well as a ton of Volvos in the list.

I get a mileage of about 10 to 11 in the city (Hyderabad) and 12 to 14 on highways. Expect a bit less mileage in Bombay traffic.

The car per se is a mechanically sound vehicle, but a lot depends on how the used car you're looking at was maintained. Just have that checked, you can't go wrong much.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks