Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2017, 21:37   #421
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Need some help from fellow car lovers.
Some History: I own a 2014 W8 FWD. Had bought after waiting for the Automatic for a loooong time. Anyways, love the stick and got some mods done during the ownership - Race dynamics' Dieseltronics ECU and Tien springs for a better drivability and ride respectively.

Then the AT got launched and I have seen the AT line up evolve. With the traffic in Bangalore getting worse, I think am ready for the upgrade. Want to go for the top end (W10 AWD AT). But some of the missing cool features (i.e push button start, keyless entry) is something that is holding me back. Am sure, those features will very soon be making their way into the model now that we have some competition (Hexa).

Need help: So, the reason for me posting here. Fellow team bhpians who have upgraded from 1st gen W8 to an AWD W10 AT, any inputs - pros and cons would really help me and others decide the upgrade. Is it worth it? If not, why not and if yes, should I wait for missing key features to be phased in or just bite the bullet?
Old 28th January 2017, 22:02   #422
BHPian

Hi, I own W10 Awd AT and it has push start button, keyless entry, button controlled driver seat adjuster, sun roof etc. Not sure what's the confusion here? Are you looking for comparison with Hexa?
Old 28th January 2017, 22:17   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Hi, I own W10 Awd AT and it has push start button, keyless entry, button controlled driver seat adjuster, sun roof etc. Not sure what's the confusion here? Are you looking for comparison with Hexa?
Hmm, the one that I test drove didn't have the push start etc. was 2 months ago. Request was for a comparO for folks who have upgraded from prior W8 to the latest W10 AT AWD.

How has been your ownership so far?

Thanks.
Old 28th January 2017, 22:19   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
No engine start button for the AT . Illuminated key ring for the ignition. You can't remove the key from the ignition unless the gear lever is in 'P':

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Push button start was not available as per the initial review. Did they introduce at later stage? Can you post a picture?
Old 28th January 2017, 22:30   #425
BHPian

Can't post pic now will try later. I had bought in sep 2016 and by then push button was added.

Ownership has been good so far. There were minor niggles which could have been avoided if dealer would have done PDI but had to catch those myself. Did face headlight forming mist issue for which headlights were replaced after delivery.

No major issues noticed.
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 23:25   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Push button start was not available as per the initial review. Did they introduce at later stage? Can you post a picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
I think am ready for the upgrade. Want to go for the top end (W10 AWD AT)
They have added push button start and keyless entry 4-5 months ago in AT. This is confirmed. However, if you are not in a hurry to buy one, I would suggest you hold back for a couple of months as Mahindra is introducing some more cool features for the XUV because of the Hexa launch.

I didn't wait because I wanted a W6 AT and I don't think this variant will get those add-on features. So, I went ahead. But since you are looking at W10 AT, I feel it's better to wait.

Quote:
got some mods done during the ownership - Race dynamics' Dieseltronics ECU and Tien springs for a better drivability and ride respectively.
Hey btw, can I have some feedback on that Race dynamics' Dieseltronics ECU and Tien springs please? (how much bump in power & torque, how is the real world feel, how good are Tein springs, costs involved etc.)

Thanks in advance

Last edited by madhav14 : 28th January 2017 at 23:31.
madhav14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 09:16   #427
BHPian

I am also in the same boat...Decided on XUV after GTO's verdict on the same but held off buying XUV in Q4 after reading of Hexa's launch and its features and to see how Mahindra reacts. The buzz generated by Hexa has surely compelled Mahindra to tune/soup-up XUV a little more and we could well see a slight price reduction on account of the new Hybrid XUV being launched (Hybrid cars attract 12% excise duty as compared to a normal SUV excise duty rate of 30%). I think the Hybrid launch could be Mahindra's strategy to lower prices without facing existing customers' ire, to make XUV more competitive against Hexa !!!

They have strengthened the Suspension and changed Sun roof. The below article talks about the detailed changes being brought about in new XUV being launched shortly.
https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12154684.html

So I think its better to wait for new XUV then to buy the existing model at some discount.

Last edited by JKBKS : 29th January 2017 at 09:20.
JKBKS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 15:04   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
So I think its better to wait for new XUV then to buy the existing model at some discount.
Absolutely agree.

Mahindra is quick to make changes and react to market. I am sure the next iteration of XUV500 will have it's sights on the Hexa. Anyway for me, given my absolute requirement for AWD, XUV is the only choice. I only wish the W8 AT was available with AWD, since i am not a big fan of bells & whistles from Mahindra.

Quote:
got some mods done during the ownership - Race dynamics' Dieseltronics ECU and Tien springs for a better drivability and ride respectively.
Could you please give us your feed back on the Tien suspension. Ride and handling seems to be the XUV500's Achilles heel. Just curious to know how effective the Tien package is.
Old 29th January 2017, 17:04   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Anyway for me, given my absolute requirement for AWD, XUV is the only choice. I only wish the W8 AT was available with AWD, since i am not a big fan of bells & whistles from Mahindra
I have always opted for a variant below the top one considering it more VFM. But some experts here, GTO included, believe that what's an SUV without an AWD !!! So I now have started seeing some value in AWD even though I don't do off-roading but think it might come handy if you are out visiting some place some day.

I was also wishing for an AWD in W6/W8 earlier, given my VFM instincts. But am thinking of going for W10 AT AWD now since I intend to keep this for next 7-8 years. I still think Mahindra will offer AWD in W8 if Hexa becomes a success
Old 29th January 2017, 17:15   #430

Quote:
Want to go for the top end (W10 AWD AT). But some of the missing cool features (i.e push button start, keyless entry) is something that is holding me back.
Need help: So, the reason for me posting here. Fellow team bhpians who have upgraded from 1st gen W8 to an AWD W10 AT, any inputs - pros and cons would really help me and others decide the upgrade. Is it worth it? If not, why not and if yes, should I wait for missing key features to be phased in or just bite the bullet?
Though I do not have AWD but rest all of the things I have i.e. W10 AT FWD. It's May 2016 model & it includes push button start, keyless entry both.

You may have tested older lot of New-gen XUV AT in which push button start, keyless entry was absent.

So be assure, go & book it. It's equipped with everything you desire.
Old 29th January 2017, 20:43   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Could you please give us your feed back on the Tien suspension. Ride and handling seems to be the XUV500's Achilles heel. Just curious to know how effective the Tien package is.
Not a drastic change from a comfort perspective. Please note that the tiens do not give you a plush ride but are on the firmer side. The ride will be sporty and I love them so far. But going over bumps and bad roads, go as fast as you can and they will surprise you. I do feel very confident with the springs. It is tough to explain but there was a funny way the stock springs use to behave when you go over cobblestone kinda surface. With the Tiens, thats no more the case. The springs are firm and give you a sporty feel. When you corner hard, the lateral acceleration cornering force is for sure something that you will love. It corners as flat as possible. These just cost me 34K installed. These along with the Deiseltronic ECU make my beast a fun to drive machine.
sk7671 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 20:56   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I am also in the same boat...Decided on XUV after GTO's verdict on the same but held off buying XUV in Q4 after reading of Hexa's launch and its features and to see how Mahindra reacts. The buzz generated by Hexa has surely compelled Mahindra to tune/soup-up XUV a little more and we could well see a slight price reduction on account of the new Hybrid XUV being launched (Hybrid cars attract 12% excise duty as compared to a normal SUV excise duty rate of 30%). I think the Hybrid launch could be Mahindra's strategy to lower prices without facing existing customers' ire, to make XUV more competitive against Hexa !!!

They have strengthened the Suspension and changed Sun roof. The below article talks about the detailed changes being brought about in new XUV being launched shortly.
https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12154684.html

If we factor in the Excise Duty difference, would the XUV price come down by 1.5-2 Lacs in case the Hybrid is Launched in next two months.

Also do we have something coming in Budget for Automobiles or will it be Status Quo?
Old 29th January 2017, 23:38   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
If we factor in the Excise Duty difference, would the XUV price come down by 1.5-2 Lacs in case the Hybrid is Launched in next two months. Also do we have something coming in Budget for Automobiles or will it be Status Quo?
I think Excise Duty is charged on Ex-Factory (price to Dealer) who after adding his margins puts Ex-Showroom price sticker on car. A customer then buys at Ex-Showroom price and pays Registration/Insurance/Road Tax etc. to arrive at an On-the-road (OTR) price. I believe that Ex-Factory price should be usually 60-70% of Ex-Showroom price (am not aware of auto industry margins, just taking a guess). So if Mahindra really wishes to pass on the full benefit then it should be 18% of the 60-70% of Ex-Showroom price, which could be close to Rs.2 lakhs for a Rs.18.50 lakh (ex-showroom price) car. Now Mahindra will charge for the Hybrid system they are going to install (we don't know the cost of that ).
Going by the above calculation Mahindra could pass on anything between 50k to 100K depending on how aggressive they want to go against Hexa.

Government is not going to let go off the revenue they are already making (since customers are happily paying) by reducing the taxes/GST rate. Infact they could add additional cess on SUVs to garner more revenues/makeup for the revenue shortfall some place else. But on the whole the budget/GST should not make much of a difference, I think.

Experts pls correct my Ex-factory pricing calculations, if they are not right
Old 30th January 2017, 07:55   #434
BHPian

Problem for Mahindra may also be that Scorpio hybrid is too close at entry level pricing and if they decide to reduce prices the gap between Scorpio and Xuv may not be significant and considering Scorpio is still their bread and butter along side Bolero they may decide some strategic changes rather than price optimisation.
Old 15th February 2017, 14:58   #435
BHPian

Hi fellow BHPians. This is my first post on this forum. I have been the passive observer from past 1 year and gone through all pages and posts of XUV500 Manual and Automatic review threads to get in-depth details of this car.

I am planning to buy XUV500 W10 Automatic FWD (Black Color) somewhere around May and after reading thousands of posts, identified some of the additions that i will do immediately after buying the car.
1. Accessories from showroom: Side step, Door lining and Rain visor
2. I will change the stock tyres (Bridgestone/Apollo) to Michelin/Pirelli/Continental
3. Accessories from 3M: NoMad mats, PPF (Front & Rear bumpers, side mirrors, under door handles, door edges), underbody antirust coating, CR70 film on Frontshield and RE70 on sides and back.

Now i need your help regarding point 2 and 3.
For point 2, i am confused between Michelin, pirelli and continental. My daily drive is around 90 KMS and out of this, 80% is city drive and 20% on highways. Based on this pattern, which tyre should i buy?
For point 3, as of now i have just inquired about CR70 & RE70 sun film from 3M and the guy from 3M shop on Golf course road, Gurgaon told me that they are only using CR70 film for front windshield, sides and rear and the cost for the same is around Rs 28000 . Can anyone help me on this? I found this very expensive. Is this the right price that they have quoted to me??

Also, please let me know if i have missed out on anything that can be added on my Black beast. I know it's early to decide on everything as i am planning to buy the car in May but i just want to make sure that i have the rough estimate of accessories that i want to add after delivery.
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks