Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2016, 14:50   #301
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Also ESP is not available in W6 which IMHO is a very good safety option to have.
Available in the W6 AT version !
Old 16th June 2016, 15:45   #302
BHPian

Re: Difference between W6-AT and W8-AT

Please refer the attachment to see the exact difference between W6-AT and W8-AT.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-xuv.jpg  

tirthankard77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:22   #303
KBo

I am keen to replace my 6.5 yr old Scorpio MHwak Sle with an XUV 500 AT. However, the niggles and the indifferent service experience of Mahindra is the only deterrent. I loved the AT when I test drove it in the city and I am planning on another TD a bit on the highway over the coming weekend.

Those of the fellow BHPans who have bought the AT, I request you to give narrate experience with this vehicle as it will be a great help to me....

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th June 2016 at 14:18. Reason: Fixing spelling.
KBo is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd June 2016, 13:59   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBo View Post
I am keen to replace my 6.5 yr old Scorpio MHwak Sle with an XUV 500 AT. However, the niggles and the indifferent service experience of Mahindra is the only ditterent. I loved the AT when I test drove it in the city and I am planning on another TD a bit on the highway over the coming weekend.
Those of the fellow BHPans who have bought the AT, I request you to give narrate experience with this vehicle as it will be a great help to me....
Dear KBo,

Who gave you a test drive of the XUV500 AT? Just interested because I got it from Silver Jubilee Camp.
Even I would like to take another TD - a long one maybe - mixed road and/or traffic conditions.

Girish Mahajan
Old 22nd June 2016, 19:16   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Available in the W6 AT version !
Visited Sireesh auto last week. ESP and Hill Hold Assist features have been removed from the latest version of W6 AT. If true, the current owners of W6 AT can consider themselves lucky
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:57   #306
KBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear KBo,

Who gave you a test drive of the XUV500 AT? Just interested because I got it from Silver Jubilee Camp.
Even I would like to take another TD - a long one maybe - mixed road and/or traffic conditions.

Girish Mahajan
Yes, it was Silver Jubilee, Camp.
KBo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:07   #307
KBo

The official website still mentions it comes with ESP, hill hold. Unless the website is not updated yet.
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:49   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear KBo,

Girish Mahajan
I am eyeing the W10 AWD AT. I had been to Sahyadri Motors showroom in Pashan and also had a short test drive.

It is an extremely competent vehicle IMO. The prices have increased post June twice. Without negotiating, the dealer was offering a 35 k discount at start of June. I am looking at booking in august to get delivery in September timeframe.
heman_369 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:42   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
I am eyeing the W10 AWD AT. I had been to Sahyadri Motors showroom in Pashan and also had a short test drive.

It is an extremely competent vehicle IMO. The prices have increased post June twice. Without negotiating, the dealer was offering a 35 k discount at start of June. I am looking at booking in august to get delivery in September timeframe.
Dear heman_369,

That is interesting!
I had got a test drive of Scorpio 2WD AT at Sahyadri Motors. I had not been able to get a XUV AT (any) TD there.

How was your experience there? Your information would be useful to me.

Girish Mahajan
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:56   #310
KBo

Well my cousin has the first gen XUV which is now about 4 yrs old and with over 100k on the odo. He bought it from Silver Jubilee but has been going to Sahyadri for more than the last couple of years. In his opinion they are way better than Silver Jubilee at least in the service department. If that is true with their sales team too, its worth giving it a shot. I too am looking at August-September.
Old 25th June 2016, 20:23   #311

I took test drive of 1.99L W10 AT today from GSP motors, Gurgaon. Unlike the test drive of Duster AMT where I felt a clear jerk (and body moving forward) whenever there was an upshift, it was absolutely smooth here. A light press of the accelerator was good enough to accelerate; of course, I was afraid to cross 90 kmph during test drive but I enjoyed the drive. The only issue is that the visibility of the backside, which I found little small for a SUV (but this is not an issue with AT vehicle but in general of the design of XUV itself).

I am now waiting for the delivery
rsathya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 18:36   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Visited Sireesh auto last week. ESP and Hill Hold Assist features have been removed from the latest version of W6 AT. If true, the current owners of W6 AT can consider themselves lucky
Today, I booked W6 AT Sunset Orange At India Garage, its a May Manufactured vehicle, and has Hill Hold and ESP, this was confirmed by the Sales person by getting a Photo from the stock yard. Delivery will happen in a weeks time. I will reconfirm.

Last edited by tirthankard77 : 29th June 2016 at 18:38. Reason: Correction
Old 1st July 2016, 10:51   #313
BHPian

Hi. Today came across a problem in my XUV 5oo W10 AT. When i started my car in the morning, it was running ok but after a few minutes i realised that the speedometer console is not working. No lights, speedometer needle and RPM needle not working. There was no display on the console. Otherwise the car was running fine with all light controls, indicator controls, cruise controls working fine.
Wonder what could be the cause of this problem?
1. Blown fuse?
2. Some loose wire?
Something serious?
Any inputs.
Old 1st July 2016, 11:44   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi. Today came across a problem in my XUV 5oo W10 AT. When i started my car in the morning, it was running ok but after a few minutes i realised that the speedometer console is not working. No lights, speedometer needle and RPM needle not working. There was no display on the console. Otherwise the car was running fine with all light controls, indicator controls, cruise controls working fine.
Wonder what could be the cause of this problem?
1. Blown fuse?
2. Some loose wire?
Something serious?
Any inputs.
Hello MM,
Most likely it seems to be a blown fuse. Since you say that all the other functions are working properly, it doesn't seem to be anything else. Open the fuse box & you should be able to locate the console fuse by yourself. Else take it to the A.S.S. It should be a 15 min job.

Regards,
Varun
Old 1st July 2016, 12:54   #315
BHPian

Had a small scare day before yesterday.

I was driving to work when I noticed that the AWD malfunction icon was lit. Scared the pants off me.

Parked by roadside, switched off, waited for 30 seconds and switched on again. The icon was no longer glowing.

Has not happened since.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks