Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 12:21   #226
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgsr View Post
My dilemma is should I go in for one of these 2 options or should I continue with the Captiva for some more time. There is no need to change as far as the car itself is concerned.
Having owned a chevrolet captiva ltz awd myself, i think i can help you a bit.

The captiva is a gem of a vehicle and it served us very well too. But past 90k - 100k kms it demands for too many expenses. The steering pump and shockers were changed in our captiva around that time only. Moreover, one doesn't get too much for chevrolet's vehicles when selling it, a faulty vehicle will only decrease the price.

So, i would suggest you to let it go in its prime only and save yourself from hassle of all this.

XUV is also a promising package, cannot comment much as i haven't really experienced it. We wanted to replace it with the new captiva but then the aforementioned reasons kept us away from it.

P.S. We got a fortuner 4X4 automatic as captiva's replacement for its durability and go anywhere capability.
Piyush46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 12:45   #227
BHPian

Thank you piyush. Thats my thinking too,in regard to lettting go the Captiva .My replacement would ideally be a monocoque, as I dont do any great off roading and prefer a car like ride. Hence the veering towards the XUV .. Guess i need to take a test drive , before a final decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Having owned a chevrolet captiva ltz awd myself, i think i can help you a bit.

The captiva is a gem of a vehicle and it served us very well too. But past 90k - 100k kms it demands for too many expenses. The steering pump and shockers were changed in our captiva around that time only. Moreover, one doesn't get too much for chevrolet's vehicles when selling it, a faulty vehicle will only decrease the price.

So, i would suggest you to let it go in its prime only and save yourself from hassle of all this.

XUV is also a promising package, cannot comment much as i haven't really experienced it. We wanted to replace it with the new captiva but then the aforementioned reasons kept us away from it.

P.S. We got a fortuner 4X4 automatic as captiva's replacement for its durability and go anywhere capability.
Old 1st May 2016, 13:14   #228
BHPian

Quote:
My replacement would ideally be a monocoque, as I dont do any great off roading and prefer a car like ride. Hence the veering towards the XUV
Even we wanted monocoque but didn't had any choice. Xuv automatic is launched lately and captiva or crv didnt make much sense due to high maintenance. That's why settled for the unbeaten king.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:51   #229
BHPian

Did my latest trip yesterday, Bangalore to Kottayam via Kumily.

Normal, non aggressive, relaxed driving.
Reset the MID before start of journey.

Bangalore to Dindigul (4 lane roads) 16 kmpl MID (wife was not sure if that was correct as it was like stuck at 16)
Dindigul to Kumily (single carriageway, wide decent road and slight ghat section) MID drops to 15 kmpl (wife starts believing the MID)
Kumily to Kottayam (single carriageway 100 km of mountainous terrain but decent wide but very curvy road) MID further drops to 14 kmpl (wife is finally convinced that the MID is correct).

14 kmpl was the overall average mileage for the entire journey of 600 km from Bangalore to Kottayam.

5130 km total sent her for 1st service (5000 km).

Travelling back to Bangalore tomorrow. Let us see her performance after 1st service.

Jo-G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:02   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Did my latest trip yesterday, Bangalore to Kottayam via Kumily.

Normal, non aggressive, relaxed driving.
Reset the MID before start of journey.

Bangalore to Dindigul (4 lane roads) 16 kmpl MID

What speed did you maintain on the 4 lane stretch, if it was near 100 great, if in 80-90 rainge, then most cars give consideraby more cruizing at 100.

Dod you also check and confirm using full to full method.

Rahul
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:18   #231
BHPian

4 lanes, it was 100 to 120 (average 100)
Dindigul to Kumily 60 to 100 (average 80)
Kumily to Kottayam 40 to 80 (average 60)

Well I couldn't do tank to tank as it wouldn't be possible as I fill up for 1k or 2k in Tamil nadu since it is cheaper there and very rarely in Kerala or Karnataka (just enough to reach the first BP station in TN.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd May 2016 at 09:34. Reason: deleting duplicate post
Old 5th May 2016, 07:14   #232
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone changed the reverse camera for new XUV?. The camera provided has awful resolution which becomes worse during the night time. My previous XUV had a much better resolution camera and a better view while reversing. I intend to change the camera to a better one so would like the inputs regarding that.
Old 7th May 2016, 23:16   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi, Has anyone changed the reverse camera for new XUV?. The camera provided has awful resolution which becomes worse during the night time. My previous XUV had a much better resolution camera and a better view while reversing. I intend to change the camera to a better one so would like the inputs regarding that.
Hii manas any updates on your quest to find a better reverse camera. The dealership quoted around 4.5k for the original Mahindra accessory camera and said it has night vision as well. The accessories haven't been fitted yet so awaiting some information about the camera.
Old 8th May 2016, 00:01   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii manas any updates on your quest to find a better reverse camera. The dealership quoted around 4.5k for the original Mahindra accessory camera and said it has night vision as well. The accessories haven't been fitted yet so awaiting some information about the camera.
Hi. I could not yet get the time to do anything about it. I had XUV W8 earlier and i got the camera fitted from the dealer at the time of delivery for Rs 2750 in 2013. It was fitted on the back bumper and had very good visibility. i guess that should work for W10 too
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 10:03   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I could not yet get the time to do anything about it. I had XUV W8 earlier and i got the camera fitted from the dealer at the time of delivery for Rs 2750 in 2013. It was fitted on the back bumper and had very good visibility. i guess that should work for W10 too

OK cool so will go ahead for the Mahindra official reverse camera as stated in their list at a price of approximately 4.5k and will review it once used on my W8 refresh AWD
Old 9th May 2016, 18:08   #236
Senior - BHPian

With the launch of the Auto option in the W6 model a version costing much less than the Creta AT is on road from today. Those who were constrained due to budget can have a rethink.
Important features lost are Side Airbags, Tyretronic, Alloy wheels, Fog lamps, Telescopic steering, and Leather upholstry.

Rahul

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 11:54   #237

Hello Bhpians

After a lot of research on Teambhp we have finally booked the new age XUV500 W10 AT FWD Sunset Orange. Currently we own a Honda City ZX 2008 model which is going fantastic given the stellar Honda engine. But since it was time to go for an ugrade which we have been thinking over the past couple of years, with the help of all the fabulous reviews be it the official review or the ownership review, we finally made the decision to go for XUV500.

Now although the vehicle has been booked, I have a couple of doubts whether we should've gone for the AWD or FWD. As it;s been just 4 days since the booking, I can still upgrade it incase I want to. The vehicle will be mostly Chauffeur drive, Daily running will be through the crowded Mumbai suburbs from Andheri West to Andheri East. MY father will be primarily using it. The vehicle will most probably not go out of the state. We do go very occasionally from Andheri to Vashi- Kharghar which isn't that far. Also the roads are in condition. The maximum we would go to will be Pune about twice a year and Shirdi which will be once in 2-3 years.

I would like to have your opinion whether the FWD would suffice our needs or do we really need to spend 1.20 lacs more for the AWD. Currently, the vehicle will cost us between 19.5-20 lacs after finalising the accessories. If we do go for the AWd then it will most probably go upwards 21 lacs. Is it really worth spending the additional amount given our needs & requirements. Your inputs would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

P.S - I will be writing a detailed review with pricing & pictures once we receive the vehicle.

Last edited by Master Blaster : 12th May 2016 at 12:04. Reason: I skipped a very point which I had to mention regarding the booking.
Master Blaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 12:10   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
Hello Bhpians

The vehicle will be mostly Chauffeur drive, Daily running will be through the crowded Mumbai suburbs from Andheri West to Andheri East. MY father will be primarily using it. The vehicle will most probably not go out of the state. We do go very occasionally from Andheri to Vashi- Kharghar which isn't that far. Also the roads are in condition. The maximum we would go to will be Pune about twice a year and Shirdi which will be once in 2-3 years.

I would like to have your opinion whether the FWD would suffice our needs or do we really need to spend 1.20 lacs more for the AWD. Currently, the vehicle will cost us between 19.5-20 lacs after finalising the accessories. If we do go for the AWd then it will most probably go upwards 21 lacs. Is it really worth spending the additional amount given our needs & requirements. Your inputs would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

P.S - I will be writing a detailed review with pricing & pictures once we receive the vehicle.
First of all congratulations for booking the vehicle. i recently took the delivery of W10 AT FWD and is a wonderful car.
Coming to your query, What i have highlighted in bold itself makes the decision for you to go for a FWD rather than AWD.
Reasoons -
1) Chauffer driven
2) Mostly in city
3) Outside city on good roads
4) Rare if any serious off roading for you

Hope this helps
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 12:24   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
Daily running will be through the crowded Mumbai suburbs from Andheri West to Andheri East.
Congrats !!
With the usuage pattern you mentioned, it doesn't make sense going for AWD. Why waste money and fuel on the same.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 12:40   #240

Quote:
First of all congratulations for booking the vehicle. i recently took the delivery of W10 AT FWD and is a wonderful car.
Coming to your query, What i have highlighted in bold itself makes the decision for you to go for a FWD rather than AWD.
Reasoons -
1) Chauffer driven
2) Mostly in city
3) Outside city on good roads
4) Rare if any serious off roading for you

Hope this helps
Firstly, thank you for such a super quick reply. And many congratulations to you too for the purchase.
The doubts regarding AWD cropped in my mind mainly because it is an AT and how will be the pick up going upwards on a steep road. We have a little steep road going upwards on the way to office. Will the AT have enough power to take the route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats !!
With the usuage pattern you mentioned, it doesn't make sense going for AWD. Why waste money and fuel on the same.
Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, that is the reason we went for the FWD. I had just a couple of doubts whether the AT has enough power in it take on a steep road as this will be our first AT vehicle.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th May 2016 at 12:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks