Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 16:20   #376
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
If you are going to spend on GX Auto, I would suggest you keep some reserve amount for accessories. Dealers are making quite a lot of money on selling GX dealer edition versions.
I don't think Toyota is monitoring the dealers all sorts of stuff is peddled as accessories. Sony music system is sold at double the MRP, shabby looking seat covers, floor mats all bundled with a well built vehicle...some day these traders will have an adverse impact the reputations of Toyota, visit to some of these dealers will throw light....is Toyota listening

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2016 at 17:51. Reason: Fixing broken quote
krishtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 20:18   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
I don't think Toyota is monitoring the dealers all sorts of stuff is peddled as accessories....is Toyota listening
Agreed, yesterday I visited the Espirit Toyota in Noida and they quoted me a package of 45k for 7 faux wooden inserts, touch leather seat covers (saw one fitted on a GX in their warehouse and the fitting did not impress me much, quite lose in the centre with air trapped inside, etc), scruff plates and inside and outside puddle lamps. The accessory sales person insisted that the seat covers were of the same quality and specification as the factory fitted Zx version, but I took it with a pinch of salt after seeing the actual fitted piece. Didn't take a look at their OEM security system, will do so if I end up buying from them, as for me that will be the only mandatory buy from the accessories shop. How I was hoping that they would offer the wooden inserts as a separate package, but they were not willing.
Old 5th September 2016, 21:58   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The door reflector unit in lower variants. This is actually shaped like a puddle lamp minus the electrical contacts. Its possible to install higher variant's puddle lamp in it's place if someone wants to.
I was thinking only today if these were just reflectors or is there any use of them. And here is your post about them. Upgrading to puddle Lamps would be a sensible option. Definitely helps when the car is parked in dark areas. Felt this even today when I parked the car and the family had to watch out while stepping out due to the never ending rains in Bangalore. Any idea about the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
We sold our 2009 Innova V for 7.5 Lakhs and have booked the Innova Crysta Z At Wine Colour.
Delivery time : 1 week. Just concerned about uphill pickup in the hills. Faced a lot of trouble taking the Creta AT to Darjeeling, had to often downshift in manual mode.
Congratulations. I just came back from a drive to Nandi hills in Bangalore. I wouldn't say the section of the roads to the hills is too steep like other hill stations, but there are few corners which has some steep climbing to do. My GX AT could do it very easily without breaking a sweat and the handling was very easy too. I used normal mode through out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Anyone with 2.8G/AT- what is the fuel mileage you are getting in city?
Have done two tankfuls so far and 90% of the drive is within Bangalore City and majority of it is during peak traffic. I got around 9KMPL both the times and I am yet to get the first service done. I can only expect it to climb up. My personal target is to get above 12 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
I don't think Toyota is monitoring the dealers all sorts of stuff is peddled as accessories. Sony music system is sold at double the MRP, shabby looking seat covers, floor mats all bundled with a well built vehicle...some day these traders will have an adverse impact the reputations of Toyota, visit to some of these dealers will throw light....is Toyota listening
So True. Toyota could have streamlined some of these options along with the official accessories. Given that GX variant is the most preferred variant, they should have made some additional accessories available as a standard like the HU, Reverse camera, etc. I would any day prefer to get a Toyota certified HU than getting one from after market. The dealers are coming up with their own options and pricing them insanely high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
How I was hoping that they would offer the wooden inserts as a separate package, but they were not willing.
They should sell them separately as they are part of the official accessories list. Even though the dash board faux wood is not part of the standard accessories list, I got one installed in my car from the dealer itself. It's the same make as used in the higher variants. I think you should file a complaint with Toyota about this dealer. Unless there is a monopoly of the same dealer in the whole region, you can always check with other dealers about the accessories.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 00:18   #379
BHPian

Thank you @samabhi. Yesterday was my first visit to this dealership and despite being a Sunday I must say I was attended to extremely well. Looking at their enthusiasm I have a hunch that my next visit would be quite amicable. I could see more than a few cars in their warehouse and they offered me a couple of options on immediate delivery too. I am wondering whether it is to do with the North Indians' preference to buy their cars in the Navratras and whether people who had booked earlier have postponed their purchases for later in this month, or is it that demand might have waned a little owing to the premium pricing? I had also placed inquiries with a dealer in Gurgaon and with another in Delhi, and I have had my share of attention from them last couple of days which accentuates the feeling of supply matching demand now?
Old 6th September 2016, 08:35   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
They should sell them separately as they are part of the official accessories list. Even though the dash board faux wood is not part of the standard accessories list, I got one installed in my car from the dealer itself. It's the same make as used in the higher variants. I think you should file a complaint with Toyota about this dealer. Unless there is a monopoly of the same dealer in the whole region, you can always check with other dealers about the accessories.
Ever since i saw the pics of dashboard wooden trim i wanted it too because it does look nice I think mine is from the 2.4ZX variant 2.8ZX is darker shade like what you have in yours. I also opted for the rear console trim, silver AC surround and the front grille.

Dash wooden trim and AC surround panel
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160903_212016.jpg

Rear console trim
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160903_212041.jpg

Front grille - Upper and lower.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20160904_080112_001.jpg
Previously i had the two slat full chrome applique on the grille. I'm selling it along with the GX upper grille if anyone needs. Some ZX owners put that over their ZX grille

Last edited by Sankar : 6th September 2016 at 08:44.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 10:25   #381

Took Delivery of Innova Crysta 2.8 Z AT Garnet Red Yesterday.
Thanks to Mahesh Gowda of Ravindu Tayota.

Things I like over my XUV 500 W8 AWD:
1. Fit and Finish (Luxurious look)
2. Ride Comfort
3. Middle seat luxuries (slide/recline, chrome finish on doors, trays, back hugging seats, easy push of front passenger seat etc)
4. Enormous info between Dials
5. decent display unit
6. turning radius (felt more easier)
7. Power mode
8. More storage space on middle console (in front and behind the gear rod)
9. Less cabin noise and vibrations
10. Plenty of cup/bottle holders
11. Better boot space with all seats up

Things I miss from XUV
1. AWD
2. Fuel efficiency (12-13 kmpl in city & 16-18kmpl on highway)
3. Tyre gauge display
4. Auto Wiper
5. More distance to push back driver seat
6. Flat middle floor
7. Much easier access to spare wheel
8. 4 wheel disc brake
9. Easy access to USB (from playing songs)

I will post detailed report after I finish my 1st service.
sarasws is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:29   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Ever since i saw the pics of dashboard wooden trim i wanted it too because it does look nice I think mine is from the 2.4ZX variant 2.8ZX is darker shade like what you have in yours. I also opted for the rear console trim, silver AC surround and the front grille.

Dash wooden trim and AC surround panel
Looks sweet. For the silver strip, is it a direct bolt on or do they need to remove the dashboard and fix it?
Old 6th September 2016, 13:21   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Looks sweet. For the silver strip, is it a direct bolt on or do they need to remove the dashboard and fix it?
Fitting is just like the wooden finish strip, by clips. No need to disassemble the dashboard.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:23   #384
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

It might sound bonkers coming from an owner but does anyone know where the 2nd USB port located at? User manual clearly mentions 2 USB ports, even the HU displays 2 USB but I cannot seem to find 2nd USB port. 1st one is located at the back of the arm rest but what about the second one? Thanks!

drive_angry

Last edited by drive_angry : 6th September 2016 at 13:36.
Old 6th September 2016, 13:29   #385
BHPian

From what I have read in the owners manual, the one you have located at the back of the arm rest supports a USB Hub which in turns supports only two USB drives. The first two.
Old 6th September 2016, 14:31   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
It might sound bonkers coming from an owner but does anyone know where the 2nd USB port located at? User manual clearly mentions 2 USB ports, even the HU displays 2 USB but I cannot seem to find 2nd USB port. 1st one is located at the back of the arm rest but what about the second one? Thanks!

drive_angry
Other than the one located next to the smartphone holder, I think this dummy plug was meant to house one:

Since I noticed the USB logo on a flap-like thing on this image:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-2016toyotainnovampvunveiledzigwheels13112015s1_640x480.jpg

Not sure though!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 20:26   #387
BHPian

Quote:

Guess you are referring to second free 5000 km service. Too early and unnecessary. Do it on 10k service if needed and take a call on the oil to fill then. Toyota will advice for higher cost always (synthetic). However, we have not found much difference in performance with either, I stick to normal one.
In my old gen Innova, I have always used mineral oil- that is what Toyota recommended anyways. I don't know if that has changed with the new model. But this is a long lasting vehicle, please don't begrudge paying for basic things like engine oil. In my experience, they don't peddle the more expensive option, or more than what you need.

For comparison, it used to cost more to replace oil in my Ertiga (synthetic) than my Innova

Last edited by noopster : 7th September 2016 at 20:33. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 9th September 2016, 13:23   #388
BHPian

Automatic v/s Manual quandry

Friends,

Posting here as need actual user feedback and i dont think my question needs a seperate thread..

I had booked the Crysta in May, before the launch. However, due to unavoidable reasons have been postponing taking delivery.

I have the option of buying any model. It will be a 8 seater for sure. But am mightily confused whether to take a manual VX or a automatic GX.

We are mainly going to be a family of 4, but need the larger car due to luggage and the occasional family trip.

My driving is 75% highways and 25% City ( that too Ahmedabad and Baroda, not major traffic). Monthly running is about 2500 to 3000 Kms per month, primarily 95% time in Gujarat only.

Also, we might use the car for the occasional long distance tour and there's a niggling query which Automatic users would be able to answer - How do the automatics fare on ghat sections ? I had recently been to Saputara and there was a section, wherein the Liva had to be revved in the 1st Gear, so the query.

Advise i am looking for is whether the Automatic makes that much sense and how does it fare on Ghat section ?

I would losing out on mileage and understand that the service costs might be a bit higher (not too sure of this) in the automatic.

The family is more keen on the VX - simply for the fact that it has all the bells and whistles, while the GX is too bare bones - those AC switches to be paying 20L (mine will be a corporate registration).

To add, I have test driven both and do not find any major difference as per my driving style ( rarely cross over into 3 digit speeds).

Confused, confused

Last edited by Bapu : 9th September 2016 at 13:24. Reason: added test drive
Old 9th September 2016, 14:27   #389
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automatic v/s Manual quandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Friends,

Posting here as need actual user feedback and i dont think my question needs a seperate thread..

I had booked the Crysta in May, before the launch. However, due to unavoidable reasons have been postponing taking delivery.

I have the option of buying any model. It will be a 8 seater for sure. But am mightily confused whether to take a manual VX or a automatic GX.

We are mainly going to be a family of 4, but need the larger car due to luggage and the occasional family trip.

My driving is 75% highways and 25% City ( that too Ahmedabad and Baroda, not major traffic). Monthly running is about 2500 to 3000 Kms per month, primarily 95% time in Gujarat only.

Also, we might use the car for the occasional long distance tour and there's a niggling query which Automatic users would be able to answer - How do the automatics fare on ghat sections ? I had recently been to Saputara and there was a section, wherein the Liva had to be revved in the 1st Gear, so the query.

Advise i am looking for is whether the Automatic makes that much sense and how does it fare on Ghat section ?

I would losing out on mileage and understand that the service costs might be a bit higher (not too sure of this) in the automatic.

The family is more keen on the VX - simply for the fact that it has all the bells and whistles, while the GX is too bare bones - those AC switches to be paying 20L (mine will be a corporate registration).

To add, I have test driven both and do not find any major difference as per my driving style ( rarely cross over into 3 digit speeds).

Confused, confused
I cant answer your question but I will tell you my opinion (In a similar situation, I went for the Vx MT, 8 Str ( my logic here ).

Some points:
- If it is corporate, there was a discussion earlier that an 8 seater cannot be registered. Please check
- Automatic - mileage in the real world is about 9-10 kmpl. Dont know if it matters but there it is
- If it is self driven, go for AT. Else MT - at least that is my thinking
- I have had absolutely no issues with the Vx
- I dont think you will have any issues in the ghats - there is tons of torque in both versions.
- The 8th seat is not mind blowingly comfortable - so please rethink your compromises.

I would suggest for a family of 4, the Zx version is very good, if money were not a constraint. Safety is very good. MT or AT is per your comfort; I did not like the way the AT drove.

All the best with your choice
Old 9th September 2016, 14:33   #390
BHPian

Re: Automatic v/s Manual quandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Friends,

there's a niggling query which Automatic users would be able to answer - How do the automatics fare on ghat sections ? I had recently been to Saputara and there was a section, wherein the Liva had to be revved in the 1st Gear, so the query.

First Check if Gujarat RTO permits an 8 seater in Company Name without registering it as a Tourist vehicle, as MH doesn't permit it.

When the car requires more power, the relevant gears will be selected automatically by the car. Don't worry on that front. If the manual can climb,so can the auto. And for those who fear that the intelligent autobox cannot decide better than the driver himself, there is always an option of driving in D1, D2 or similar options available in different autoboxes.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 9th September 2016 at 14:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks