Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 19:58   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra : Official Review

Just bought the Elantra - 2.0 VTVT Auto. Apparently its the first Marine Blue Elantra in Jodhpur.

Car feels great to drive, the engine refinement is phenomenal. Though the auto shift isn't as smooth as the DSG but its more than adequate. Have just completed 75kms to date. Its not a primary vehicle in the family, the daily duties are done by a Ford Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img1881.jpg  

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img1882.jpg  

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img1884.jpg  

lionell is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 21:30   #122
BHPian

My Elantra- Race against GST Increase

So my Skoda Laura dsg was finishing 5 years and the family was putting pressure for a change. The ambiente version was to plain for their liking

In the 3rd week of august my wife sat in her friends car on the way back from school. At first she thought this was an high end german sedan but she was told that it was the new Elantra. She immediately gave her feedback that this was the car to see.

So i contacted couple of Hyundai dealers in Mumbai but no one was interested in pushing the Elantra. Focus was on the Verna which had just been launched and the Creta which was selling by the truckloads

Finally contacted Modi Hyundai in Santacruz and the salesperson there. Since the intent was to buy a before a GST increase checked with her if they have any vehicles in stock. She replied that they dont stock the same because of the of take but she can check the stock in the Hyundai Factory. She called back saying that there is a silver colour VTVT SX O automatic available but one will have to decide fast.

That evening i borrowed my friends Elantra and drove it around with the family. We were convinced that this car had all our requirements. Kids were excited for the sunroof

So paid the booking amount on 23 rd august. Decided to take the car loan from SBI because they allow prepayment of any amount at any time.
Things went smoothly and the car was delivered on September 4.

Its a breeze to drive in the city and is really comfortable and well equipped. The navigation system is very easy to use.

Some pictures of the car
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_6386.jpg  

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_6384.jpg  

Hyundai Elantra : Official Review-img_6385.jpg  

amidoc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 21:55   #123
BHPian

Congratulations amidoc. We had the same race against GST. Though we bought the car from Canteen Stores Dept. through my father-in-law. The on-road price of the SX Auto came to 15,15,000.
Old 9th September 2017, 00:22   #124
BHPian

Orion Hyundai - Are they shirking me?

Hi All,

I have booked a Hyundai Elantra with Orion Hyundai, time tower, gurgaon on 31st August 2017. I was promised a delivery in 10 days if I choose silver color over red, and I chose silver. Now, they are telling me that the car is in the company but some parts are missing and because of that they would only be able to receive an order confirmation post 15th of September. They have given me a discount of Rs 70,000/- on the car for which 2 more dealers refused as they don't exclusively deal in Elantra.

Now my concern is that if the car is delayed further, the cess would come into play and the car's price will go up. I have already escalated this to Hyundai Sales team over an email but it seems they will take 3 working days before getting back to me. Any ideas on what I can do?

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 11:51. Reason: language
Mindgrinder is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th September 2017, 06:53   #125
BANNED

Re: Orion Hyundai - Are they shirking me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
Now, they are telling me that the car is in the company but some parts are missing and because of that they would only be able to receive an order confirmation post 15th of September.
I may be wrong but this is what I think is happening.

May be they would have found a customer who ready to pay upfront or pay a bulk amount and pick the car citing the Cess hike. Such customers are​ given preference so all kind of stories these dealers come up with.

Worst case they are wantedly delaying it so hiked prices are applicable.

I don't buy this parts missing logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
They have given me a discount of Rs 70,000/- on the car for which 2 more dealers refused as they don't exclusively deal in Elantra. Now my concern is that if the car is delayed further the cess would come into play and the car's price will go up.
This is the reason for that so called discount is given which will get nullified when the Cess hike happens today.

Only an Auto generated email comes listing regional team numbers and email ID, no action is taken. I too have shot them an email regarding my booking of the Creta. Yet to get some kind of response.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 11:51. Reason: Quoted post edited
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 10:12   #126
BHPian

had a question regarding regarding map my india.

while it shows directions does it also show any real time traffic update? The same shows the estimated time of arrival but that does not seem to tally with the google maps.
Old 10th September 2017, 11:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
had a question regarding regarding map my india.

while it shows directions does it also show any real time traffic update? The same shows the estimated time of arrival but that does not seem to tally with the google maps.

I am yet to see a map in India apart from google maps that shows traffic. ETA on these maps is just some rough algorithm showing you an approximate time.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:51   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Just bought the Elantra - 2.0 VTVT Auto. Apparently its the first Marine Blue Elantra in Jodhpur.

Car feels great to drive, the engine refinement is phenomenal. Though the auto shift isn't as smooth as the DSG but its more than adequate. Have just completed 75kms to date. Its not a primary vehicle in the family, the daily duties are done by a Ford Figo.
Congrats on purchasing new Elantra

Can you share whether the Head Lamp, as well as the high beam, emits white light? What about the throw?

Also, when I checked Octavia 1.8, they have this mirror link feature with their infotainment. Does Elantra also has this feature?

Pls help - thank you
Keralite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 22:45   #129
BHPian

Hey... Thanks for the wishes.

The headlamps in the SX are halogen projectors with the regular yellow light. The same light is in the SX(O) albeit in HID form also in yellow.

Elantra's HU has both Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
Congrats on purchasing new Elantra

Can you share whether the Head Lamp, as well as the high beam, emits white light? What about the throw?

Also, when I checked Octavia 1.8, they have this mirror link feature with their infotainment. Does Elantra also has this feature?

Pls help - thank you
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 11:04   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Hey... Thanks for the wishes.

The headlamps in the SX are halogen projectors with the regular yellow light. The same light is in the SX(O) albeit in HID form also in yellow.

Elantra's HU has both Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
Thank you.

I am planning Elantra TD today/tomorrow. It seems they are not giving any discount as of now. Moreover, Cess component gone up.

For the Petrol SX(O), I think, it's 21.56 L OTR.

Apart from the lighting, I have few concerns, viz. breaking, top speed, the lag due to normal AT..Anyway, hopefully I will get a clarity once TD is done. Such a big looking sedan from outside, but, Elantra has relatively a small boot - one of the main factors I am looking for in my new car for my long drives with family.

Safe Driving.
Old 18th October 2017, 01:00   #131
BHPian

I came across this article on cartoq.com which says that there's a discount of Rs. 1 Lakh on Elantra for Diwali. Does anybody have further information on this?

http://www.cartoq.com/10-hefty-diwal...en-vento-more/

Last edited by akshay_b : 18th October 2017 at 01:03.
Old 19th October 2017, 10:59   #132
BHPian

Please find a short review on the car

I have had the car since 1.5 months and it has done 1700 km. Just gave the car for the first service. It was only a inspection and no oil ect needed to be changed as per the schedule. According to the A.S.S they use 5W 30 for the petrol elantra which is supplied by the indian Oil. This is available both in mineral and synthetic versions. I inquired about shell but it was not available/recommended in-spite of it being approved by Hyundai. In fact a sticker on the engine says Hyundai recommends Shell oil

Added the following
3M Film on Front and Rear Windscreen/Also the sun roof
3M Paint protection/engine protection and undercarriage treatment
3M Protection Film on Bumper sides and door handles ect

City Experience
The car has 3 driving modes . Eco/Normal and Sport. In town I use a mixture of eco and normal mode. When there is to much traffic use eco mode while in the late evenings or longer drives I use normal since I find eco sluggish and it becomes difficult to keep up with the traffic on open stretches or quick overtakes. The steering being lite it is a very easy car to drive in the city with a good ac /decent head unit with GPS -Apple play ect/quiet suspension. Not measured fuel average as yet but the mid indicators shows around 7 to 8 in the city.

Highway Experience
Have taken one trip to Poona and back. I used the sports mode extensively. The engine gets a bit noisy around 4K RPM and sometimes the gear box is unable to keep with the sudden need for speed. So when you need to do quick overtakes one has to plan a bit more and decide. The suspension is good but i felt not in the league of its German/Czech competitors. Hence one had to slow down more for any undulations/broken patches in the road. This is after using a Skoda Laura TDI DSG for 5 yrs.

Summarise
This car offers a great vfm and a good all around experience. It is comfortable to drive and be driven in with great back seat comfort and space The front seats also have cooling which is a segment first.
Of course for those looking for purely a drivers car will have a look elsewhere. but Elantra definitely scores very high on overall satisfaction.
amidoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:28   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Was driving my friends Elantra petrol with my family and everyone was unanimous that it was really a comfortable car. I noticed one thing through that at regular intervals the ac recycle mode would go off on its own and hence there was a slight increase in the cabin temperature with the outside air requiring to be cooled

any one else noticed the same and is there for the recycle mode to remain on only.
Yes, the same thing was happening in my Elantra VTVT SX(o) till I discovered that it is some sort of feature to prevent fogging of the windscreen. To disable it, press the front defogger button (on the auto a/c console) for 3 seconds with the ignition switch ON. "ADS OFF" will be displayed on the panel. Let me know if this helps.
siddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 15:05   #134
BANNED

Hi Guys,

So this may seem an Odd request and I apologise if this may not be the right place for this request, but, we are in the Market to buy a couple of cars in the span of 6-8 months. We've finalised on picking up the Creta Petrol Automatic as soon as the facelift goes on sale. The other is a decision between the Hyundai Elantra and the Skoda Octavia (Both Petrol Auto).

When i went to take a TD of the Octavia, I was told to come back in January 2018 with Rs. 25L for the top-end at that time. So, off I went to Hyundai and whereas the Creta was an easy affair with the Tuscon being ruled out immediately, getting a TD of a Petrol Elantra has been an arduous task, if I may so with the same being "Unavailable in Delhi/NCR". *Waiting on Hyundai Customer Care to arrange one soon*

So, the request is that would someone be kind enough in Delhi/NCR to allow me to have a look/see with the car and maybe some pros & cons.

Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 13:55   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakmehrotra View Post
Hi Guys,

So this may seem an Odd request and I apologise if this may not be the right place for this request, but, we are in the Market to buy a couple of cars in the span of 6-8 months. We've finalised on picking up the Creta Petrol Automatic as soon as the facelift goes on sale. The other is a decision between the Hyundai Elantra and the Skoda Octavia (Both Petrol Auto).

When i went to take a TD of the Octavia, I was told to come back in January 2018 with Rs. 25L for the top-end at that time. So, off I went to Hyundai and whereas the Creta was an easy affair with the Tuscon being ruled out immediately, getting a TD of a Petrol Elantra has been an arduous task, if I may so with the same being "Unavailable in Delhi/NCR". *Waiting on Hyundai Customer Care to arrange one soon*

So, the request is that would someone be kind enough in Delhi/NCR to allow me to have a look/see with the car and maybe some pros & cons.

Thanks
An SX(O) Petrol AT is available for TD at Himgiri (Golf Course Road) as well as Orion Hyundai(Time Tower, MG Road) Gurgaon dealerships.

Just scheduled one for tomorrow. Exactly in the same fix. Octavia vs Elantra. Price difference being over 5Lac here in Gurgaon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks