Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 10:36   #2956
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
However, to me it appears to be a bit protruding out in the way it is fixed by the dealer. It's not neatly tucked in like the other cars. Do you find the same?
Thanks a lot for your wishes. Wish you also a lot of safe miles. Even my sidestep is also protruding out and there is a little flex also. I raised this issue with the dealer. The mechanic who did the fitting assured me that the step is quite sturdy. He stood on the sidestep and flexed it with a lot of force. As for the protrusion, some protrusion is necessary to be able to step on while entering/exiting. I found it to be optimum. Quite happy with it. In other cars that I saw - Terrano, XUV500, Crysta, etc, the GC is not as much as the Hexa. I could enter without requiring a sidestep. I am 5' 5" and found it a bit difficult entering/exiting the Hexa without the sidestep. So in these cars the sidestep is less utilitarian. In the Hexa, it is a must. The protrusion is just a couple of inches on either sides and is in line with the tyre fender. I do not see much risk of scraping other cars/footpath kerb only by the sidestep. As for big stones, one has to be careful of very big stones only . The sidestep does not decrease the GC by very much and is still more than other cars. So, IMO driving with the sidestep should not be any different from driving without one.
su_spatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 14:48   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
In the Hexa, it is a must. The protrusion is just a couple of inches on either sides and is in line with the tyre fender. I do not see much risk of scraping other cars/footpath kerb only by the sidestep. As for big stones, one has to be careful of very big stones only .
Please see the pictures for reference. Don't you think the protrusion is abnormal?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170910_121954.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170910_122027.jpg  

Old 10th September 2017, 16:30   #2958
BHPian

@grkonweb : I have same side step on my hexa. It has been over a month now. I did not come across any problem.
It is still less than side rear view mirrors, so, I don't think it is a problem at all.
Personally, I think this is the best design in side steps that I have seen. Looks very elegant.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 18:06   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
@grkonweb : I have same side step on my hexa. It has been over a month now. I did not come across any problem.
It is still less than side rear view mirrors, so, I don't think it is a problem at all.
Thanks for the explanation, the same length as that of side view mirrors isn't something that I thought of. I think my apprehension was more psychological. Now I'm clear.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:07   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Some pics of my XTA. I bought the sidestep, 4D BOOS mats and door visor from the dealer. I got more than 10% discount on the accessories.
Those are really nice looking mats. Can you please share the details with regards to the make, specifications and pricing?
Old 11th September 2017, 11:26   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Is there a any smell in the car due to these mats, or is it completely odourfree and does not spoil the new car smell?
No smell that I could make out in the 1600+ kms I drive it over 2 days.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 12:22   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
No smell that I could make out in the 1600+ kms I drive it over 2 days.
The smell is not only due to mats but also the new seats and the plastic cover on them is apparently most responsible for the lingering smell.
I was going to post a question here on how to get rid of the smell of the rubber/plastic.
The smell compounds the problems of people who have motion sickness.
Any inputs are welcome.

McLaren Roxx - how was the long drive ?

Thanks
R
Old 11th September 2017, 12:31   #2963
BHPian

Test drove the manual variant over the weekend. The ride was great and so was the NVH.

Seems there is a new colour "Urban Brown". Saw it in person, didnt click any pictures. Was kitted out with a couple of Blaupunkt DVD screens for the second row (not sure if its standard accessory). The seat was also chocolate brownish.

Existing long term owners, could you please comment on how well does the dashboard/ plastics age? Especially the plastic trims on the exterior (covering the lower half)?

The test drive car was with 8K kms on the ODO. The plastic trims were felt old.

Also any news on the missing safety features (ESP/ TC) to be added to the AT variant?
Old 11th September 2017, 13:03   #2964
BHPian

Is there any auto open/close sidestep available which automatically comes down and retracts with the opening and closing of the door.
If not, is space available in the underbody to fabricate and install one ?
Old 11th September 2017, 13:47   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Is there any auto open/close sidestep available which automatically comes down and retracts with the opening and closing of the door.
I would not suggest you to get the automatically operated Side Step, I had one on my Ford Everest and it began showing up within the first Month. Finally ditched it for a Fixed one. It looks cool and futuristic, but not worth it.
Old 11th September 2017, 13:53   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
If not, is space available in the underbody to fabricate and install one ?
Have seen in some Toyota Innova Crystas

Like this
arif_t01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 14:10   #2967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Those are really nice looking mats. Can you please share the details with regards to the make, specifications and pricing?
The dealer had them in his display car. I asked him to get me the same. They are 4D Topgear mats over which the coil mat carpet is fixed. The MRP at the showroom was 10500/- (a bit on the higher side, but I fell in love with them). After much haggling he gave them for 9400/-.
Old 13th September 2017, 19:01   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
McLaren Roxx - how was the long drive ?
Roads were awesome! Drive was extremely fatigue-free. Nearly everyone who spotted the Hexa approaching gave way!

This only makes me want to plan many more such long trips.

Attempting to gather the patience to pen down these experiences.

1640 kms journey, split between two days.
Day 1. Thane to Bangalore, 1050 kms @ 17.5 hours
Day 2. Bangalore to Kochi, 590 kms @ 10.5 hours
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 15:01   #2969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
So after collecting my Arizona Blue XTA, my hands are itching to fine tune the already awesome package. Required inputs & suggestions from fellow members around it.
After a week and some 300 Kms on the odo (only weekends) noticed the following 2 issues with my XTA.
1. The right front tyre seems to be wearing out abnormally fast. Edges are already frayed/eaten away ! Not sure if the MRF wanderers are at fault or the alignment is out. Rear tyres look fine.
2. There seems to be a creaking sound all around the front when I go over a bump slowly. The side step flexing is the culprit ? It is the TML accessory.
3. Unable to connect using usb to the Connectnext infotainment system, my OnePlus3T. Over blue-tooth the phone is recognised & works flawlessly however Navimaps not available. Read somewhere that ConnectNext has issues with recognising OP3T phones.

Other than that it is an awesome package, enjoying every bit of it.

Will have it checked at the TML dealer this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg  

Last edited by goswami.j : 14th September 2017 at 15:07. Reason: added phone issue.
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 15:55   #2970
BANNED

Prices Jacked Up, just received this from the SA who sold me my Hexa.

Prices still lower than the Launch Price Though.

Edit: The 19' Alloys are available for 13500 a piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-price.jpg  

Last edited by Torquedo : 14th September 2017 at 16:14.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks