Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 00:13   #166
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
I got the reverse camera - (clip on to the rear view) for about 6ish, and then got a set of speakers. Other than that - the usual - UNderbody and body sealant from 3M, and front sun film from Lumar.

Love the car - but the low FE is accelerating my decision to buy another set of wheels.
Those accessories are all very valuable to add to the experience.

You have mentioned a FE of 13.2 in the city, and if this is for the Petrol I would be very happy with it especially since this is still in initial stages. Most petrol cars even in this range give 12-13 only in the city. Getting this with an AT is great to have. The only way you could get more mileage is by the Diesel AMTs.

Baleno CVT seems to get good mileage but according to the baleno thread its really variable from driver to driver. I'm guessing that could be the case with the AMT too, try driving more sedately to see if it helps.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 00:16   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Those accessories are all very valuable to add to the experience.

You have mentioned a FE of 13.2 in the city, and if this is for the Petrol I would be very happy with it especially since this is still in initial stages. Most petrol cars even in this range give 12-13 only in the city. Getting this with an AT is great to have. The only way you could get more mileage is by the Diesel AMTs.

Baleno CVT seems to get good mileage but according to the baleno thread its really variable from driver to driver. I'm guessing that could be the case with the AMT too, try driving more sedately to see if it helps.
Im waiting to complete the 5000kms, and then take a decision. Till then it's high fuel bills galore.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:56   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
Would say the Delta. Has 2 speakers - can always upgrade to additional door speakers Even after adding 2 additional HERTZ speakers, the sound quality is sub-average.

Instead of alloys, I replaced them with black wheel caps from the Nex showroom. I used the black baleno wheel covers, and they were a perfect fit.
Good point on the speakers and wheel cap. Car looks great with those black caps.

Did you get the extra speakers + wiring from outside or MGA?

I don't really like the clip-on type IRVM. Might order a dimming + reverse display + camera off Aliexpress, IF I decide to get the Delta. Decision pending till my folks get a feel of the car. Yet to get them a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
For people in hyderabad, there is a consumer offer of 10k & additional corporate discount on the Ignis.
Available in NCR too. Seems like it is not meeting the targets. The sales guys is following up almost on a daily basis.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 10:34   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Available in NCR too. Seems like it is not meeting the targets. The sales guys is following up almost on a daily basis.
I have sent a mail to NEXA enquiring about the offers in Kerala and they routed it to the NEXA dealer in my town. They repeated the same story, no offers for IGNIS and started explaining the offers for S-Cross. I said I already own a S-Cross and not interested in buying one more.
Old 6th June 2017, 11:25   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
I have sent a mail to NEXA enquiring about the offers in Kerala and they routed it to the NEXA dealer in my town. They repeated the same story, no offers for IGNIS and started explaining the offers for S-Cross. I said I already own a S-Cross and not interested in buying one more.
Do you have any other Nexa dealer near by or is this the only one? Maybe Maruti hasn't launched it yet nation-wide. Or maybe the dealer is trying to cash-in on his 'monopoly' if he is the only one around.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 11:56   #171
BHPian

Quote:
LOL, I had the same experience (though on different topics) with Nexa support. Seems like they are totally mute and all they do is redirect e-mail back to the dealer. Absolutely useless unless all you need is a response from the dealer.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 23:24   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Do you have any other Nexa dealer near by or is this the only one? Maybe Maruti hasn't launched it yet nation-wide. Or maybe the dealer is trying to cash-in on his 'monopoly' if he is the only one around.
I have contacted 3 different dealers and heard similar stories from all the three.
Old 8th June 2017, 00:29   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have contacted 3 different dealers and heard similar stories from all the three.
It should be dealer specific discounts. If the consumer offer is from Maruti Suzuki, all Nexa dealers would provide the same. There was corporate discount across all the Nexa dealerships in the country when I had bought S-Cross.
Old 8th June 2017, 18:26   #174
BHPian

Has anyone having Ignis (not in alpha trim ) upgraded their stereo setup to touch screen unit with reverse backup camera? If yes please post pictures!!
Old 8th June 2017, 18:33   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Has anyone having Ignis (not in alpha trim ) upgraded their stereo setup to touch screen unit with reverse backup camera? If yes please post pictures!!
One Ignis Zeta owner has swapped the Button HU with this Sony Touchscreen HU (XAV-AX100). Price - 29k.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-fb_img_1496926808056.jpg

Comes with Android Auto Support & also has Reverse Camera. But misses out on Navigation.

Installation was easy with end to end sockets. It also supports Stock Audio Controls on Steering Wheel.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 8th June 2017 at 18:34.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 19:01   #176
BHPian

Wow thanks for quick reply. What I couldn't find anywhere on net found in seconds on Team-BHP. No wonder it has been declared the most reliable online automobile portal in India.
Old 8th June 2017, 20:30   #177
BHPian

I recently visited Nexa showroom to check IGNIS . I found it pretty modern inside and outside , went for a test drive of petrol amt too.
I would call ignis a good city runabout but the transmission ain't for spirited driving . While upshifting the engine would feel breathless for more than half a second and I found it far below my expectations .
Then came the moment of truth , the truth about the build quality . Another visitor closed the bonnet in two steps thus leaving a dimple on the bonnet . The sales agent was promptly called and he repeated the actions thus leaving the bonnet with another dimple . This was a reason enough to scare me away from this cute car . I would like to drive around a cute car but not the one which earns dimples so easily.

Request :- please don't try it on anybody's car .
.Albatross. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 19:00   #178
BHPian

I recently crossed 2000kms on my Ignis 1.2 Alpha. Did a tankful as well and got a mileage of about 14.7kmpl. MID shows 15kmpl as of now. The mileage is pretty good as I majorly drive the Ignis in city traffic. Really happy with the car so far as it's very refined and the compact dimensions make it the ideal car for driving around the city. I will be posting an Ownership review soon.
nimit3105 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 00:35   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
One Ignis Zeta owner has swapped the Button HU with this Sony Touchscreen HU (XAV-AX100). Price - 29k.

Attachment 1646690

Comes with Android Auto Support & also has Reverse Camera. But misses out on Navigation.

Installation was easy with end to end sockets. It also supports Stock Audio Controls on Steering Wheel.
To add to this, the Sony XAV-AX100 system is a part of Nexa Genuine Accessories and can be fit by the Nexa dealer himself. It is the only infotainment system offered separately at Nexa as an accessory. Mainly for lower trims not having the Smartplay infotainment system.

Tested it on the Baleno and it works pretty well. Other than the lack of navigation, the only major drawback is the reversing camera display doesn't have the side guidelines and the camera which is offered is pretty average . Overall it's not as useful as the reversing camera setup on the Smartplay system offered by Maruti.
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 15:37   #180
BHPian

Can anyone share interior pics of Ignis Sigma Variant.

Most Viewed