Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2017, 15:12   #286
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Getting delivery next week. Haven't opted for any accessories. Wanted the alloys but 29k i believe is quoted above normal prices. Do the alloys have any part number in MGP? Currently the plan is to spray paint the wheel caps to black colour.
My advice will be to keep the car in stock till the first tyre change. Then buy a good set of standard / up-sized tyres and alloys. This will inject life and novelty to the car again. The price of alloys also will come down by that time, I assume.
Old 30th December 2017, 06:44   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
The high speed stability of Ignis is very good - I have done speeds of up to 120 kph and the car is stable. Further the car feels extremely peppy and given the light body weight the power seems abundantly available.

Hi, Srivastav,

I too bought ignis zeta AMT variant, I notice the steering wheel, does not turn back to its original position, normally like any other vehicle.have you experienced the same. ?

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 07:14. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 30th December 2017, 17:42   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt1948 View Post
Hi, Srivastav,

I too bought ignis zeta AMT variant, I notice the steering wheel, does not turn back to its original position, normally like any other vehicle.have you experienced the same. ?
Yes, your observation is correct. This is a known issue with most cars from the Maruti Stable. It has been discussed earlier as well on the Ignis thread itself before as well: Link

My understanding is that the same issue exists on multiple Maruti cars like Baleno and even the S-Cross. One needs to get adjusted to the behavior as this cannot be changed.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:23   #289
BHPian

Booked Ignis Delta AMT Grey color. Will do a PDI today. Opted for 2-year extended warranty and following Nexa accessories:
  1. Reverser Parking Sensor
  2. Reverse Parking Camera
  3. Door Visor
  4. Mud Flap
  5. Matting
  6. Wheel Caps from Baleno

Questions:

1. Has anyone got the driver armrest installed? Which brand/cost?
2. I am confused whether to go for black wheel caps or silver wheel caps. Which one will look better with the Grey body?
3. Is the extended warranty offered by Maruti? Or would it be from a third-party / dealer? The SA kept saying it is from Maruti but I have more faith in the opinion of the members here.
4. Are parking sensors available in Grey color, or would they be in a different color?

Any other suggestions/comments are welcome.
Old 31st December 2017, 11:09   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Reverser Parking Camera
Any other suggestions/comments are welcome.
One of the NEXA Official Accessory Reverse Camera does not have grid lines and is not worth the money of around 9400/- which they quote. Please check this aspect before going ahead.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 14:29   #291
BHPian

Quote:
One of the NEXA Official Accessory Reverse Camera does not have grid lines and is not worth the money of around 9400/- which they quote. Please check this aspect before going ahead.
9400/- is too pricy for an outdated edition of this accessory. One can get the new hardware for 2500/- and fit it themselves with a bit of application of mind. I found the prices too high for all official accessories. One can get a navigation device in that 9400/- range from brands like Garmin. Just need to make sure the person installing doesn't cut too many wires to make the connections.
anycatd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 18:04   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki's successful model Ignis gets a special edition in Eu.

Quote:
The new Suzuki Ignis Adventure builds upon the SZ-T trim level, adding a selection of personalization options, including a rear spoiler, side sills, front and rear skid plates, colored front grille center bar, side decals and color-keyed front fog lamp bezels along with a rear view camera, 16-inch alloys, roof rails and individually-sliding rear seats. Customers get to choose from four color options: Fervent Red, Boost Blue Pearl, Pure White Pearl or Super Black Pearl.
Quote:
the Adventure comes with a premium of just £1,000 over the SZ-T model, at £13,999.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-2018suzukispecialuk00.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-2018suzukispecialuk03.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-2018suzukispecialuk04.jpg

link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 22:40   #293
BHPian

Took delivery of Grey colored Ignis Delta AMT (Petrol) a few days back. Will be primarily used as the second car for city drives by my wife. Other contenders were Brio, Grand i10 & Tiago. Had test driven all four contenders.

Tiago - poor 3-cylinder engine response;
Grand i10 - unavailability of ABS, poor FE
Brio - expensive, and hence over my budget

December offer and dealer discounts along with exchange bonus meant that the overall price was within my budget even after adding the following accessories & optional add-ons:

Reverse Parking Camera & Display
Reverse Parking Sensor
Fog lamps
Door visor
Driver Armrest
Wheel cap from Baleno
Mat
Mudguard
Extended Warranty
Nexa Card

Have driven over 600 kms so far. Car is a great to drive within city. Feels planted on highway. Have not pushed the speed due to the run-in period.

Questions:
1. Does anyone feel that the seat are not ergonomic and lacks support. I got back pain after a drive of over an hour.
2. Is it true that the Nexa Card will be mailed by Suzuki after few weeks?
3. I was not told that there are two types of warranties - platinum and royal platinum. I had taken the EW for 2 years (total 4 years / 80K). After the delivery, I came to know that royal platinum covers up to 5 years / 1 lac kms. SA is saying that the difference between 4-yr and 5-yr extended warranty is Rs 5.5k, and that I cannot upgrade to Royal Platinum now even if I am willing to pay the difference. Is the SA correct? Does Rs. 5.5k sound right for the 5th year?
4. I have not received the literature or T&C for the extended warranty. SA says that everything that is covered in the first 2-yr is automatically covered under the extended warranty. Is that true?
5. I have not received the warranty card for Reverse Parking Camera and Display in spite of asking multiple times. SA claims that just the invoice is sufficient should there be any issue. Is that true?
6. The manual suggests first oil change after 10K Km / 1 year. Shall I stick to that or is the first oil change recommended sooner?
7. What is AMT tag? I have not received it even though one of the emails from SA had that listed as delivered to me.
8. From the delivery challan list, I have not received few items such as POP survey form, CMVR kit, SSI Feedback, sale letter, etc. Anything fishy?
9. Took finance from SBI. I was told that the processing charge would be Rs. 1K + taxes. However, the document that I was asked to sign had Rs. 2K mentioned. Upon confrontation, the SBI agent said that their system has this by default and told me that the 2K charge from my account will be reversed. Should I take his word for that? Anyone have experience with SBI loan? Oh, by the way, I have not yet signed the loan papers. The car was delivered based on the loan pre-approval and submission of all required documents for loan processing.
10. Warranty card for fog lamp and parking sensor is not stamped by the dealer. Is that a standard practice?

Sorry, I don't trust these guys much and hence the barrage of questions. Glad that the community here helps in raising the awareness. Most businesses prefer to deal with ill-informed customers so that they can get away with their lies.

To end on a positive note, I am enjoying the ride in these initial period before I hand over the reins to my wife. The MID is showing average FE around 22 km/liter. It went up to 26 after I had reset it the first time! I guess the system was still getting its act together as far as measuring the FE.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180105_091540.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180105_091637.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180107_1727582_li.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180107_173101_li.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180107_173120_li.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180107_175202-2.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180107_175401.jpg  

sohu9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 19:32   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how Ignis is a success in EU - a long term( ~ a year) report by AE.

Quote:
the grippy Suzuki Ignis is excelling in cold weather, and would make our small SUV shortlist in a heartbeat
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-10_1.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ign.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th January 2018 at 19:34.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 15:32   #295
BHPian

What's the transparent plastic at the bottom of both the back doors for? I had noticed it on test drive car as well. SA was clueless (no surprises there). Should that plastic be removed? If not removed in the first few days, will it lead to color difference with the rest of the car exterior?

Also, shall I change the oil and oil filter at 1K mark?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis-door-plastic.jpg  

Last edited by sohu9 : 18th January 2018 at 15:35.
Old 18th January 2018, 16:10   #296
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car sohu9!
Quote:
What's the transparent plastic at the bottom of both the back doors for?
It is a protective film.It protects the paint from scratches and chipping caused by small debris that flies out from the rear tires. Please do not remove it. It may slightly fade in the long run,but it won't be easily noticeable in a grey car.

Quote:
IMHO,It would be ideal to stick to the instructions given in the user manual.
LoneTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 18:58   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Questions:
1. Does anyone feel that the seat are not ergonomic and lacks support. I got back pain after a drive of over an hour.
2. Is it true that the Nexa Card will be mailed by Suzuki after few weeks?
3. I was not told that there are two types of warranties - platinum and royal platinum. I had taken the EW for 2 years (total 4 years / 80K). After the delivery, I came to know that royal platinum covers up to 5 years / 1 lac kms. SA is saying that the difference between 4-yr and 5-yr extended warranty is Rs 5.5k, and that I cannot upgrade to Royal Platinum now even if I am willing to pay the difference. Is the SA correct? Does Rs. 5.5k sound right for the 5th year?
4. I have not received the literature or T&C for the extended warranty. SA says that everything that is covered in the first 2-yr is automatically covered under the extended warranty. Is that true?
5. I have not received the warranty card for Reverse Parking Camera and Display in spite of asking multiple times. SA claims that just the invoice is sufficient should there be any issue. Is that true?
6. The manual suggests first oil change after 10K Km / 1 year. Shall I stick to that or is the first oil change recommended sooner?
7. What is AMT tag? I have not received it even though one of the emails from SA had that listed as delivered to me.
8. From the delivery challan list, I have not received few items such as POP survey form, CMVR kit, SSI Feedback, sale letter, etc. Anything fishy?
9. Took finance from SBI. I was told that the processing charge would be Rs. 1K + taxes. However, the document that I was asked to sign had Rs. 2K mentioned. Upon confrontation, the SBI agent said that their system has this by default and told me that the 2K charge from my account will be reversed. Should I take his word for that? Anyone have experience with SBI loan? Oh, by the way, I have not yet signed the loan papers. The car was delivered based on the loan pre-approval and submission of all required documents for loan processing.
10. Warranty card for fog lamp and parking sensor is not stamped by the dealer. Is that a standard practice?
1. You need to find the appropriate driving position. This particular car is very different from most others. It takes some work. I do have the height adjustable seat on mine. But I've rarely ever changed what it came from the showroom.
2. Yes Nexa card is sent by Suzuki direct.
3. / 4 / 5 - Please reach out to your Sales Advisor or his manager. If they don't respond call the Nexa Suzuki helpline. That REALLY gets their attention
7. AMT tag is the Automatic Transmission Label on the rear tail-gate. Your car should already have it.
8. Surveys have now become tele-calls. They will call you 5-7 times over a three month period and annoy you for thirty minutes.
9. No idea. Sorry.
10. No, they HAVE to stamp it. But if you have the original receipt for the car stowed away in the folder it generally shouldn't matter.

Quote:
I have changed the same on mine. It roughly worked out to 2500-3k along with installing a rat mesh on the air-con inlet. But I did that seeing as I had taken it on a rather long run to Coonoor and back.

I would advise ANYONE buying this car to upgrade tyres if budget allows. They really aid comfort and reduced road noise in the cabin. I took my sales rep for a spin and then we TD their car immediately after. He confirmed that the tyres do indeed make a huge difference to the ride quality, comfort and noise inside the cabin. They are attempting to get approval from Maruti for all their TD car tyres to be changed as well - to aid them to sell more cars

Quote:
My understanding is that the same issue exists on multiple Maruti cars like Baleno and even the S-Cross. One needs to get adjusted to the behavior as this cannot be changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt1948 View Post
I notice the steering wheel, does not turn back to its original position, normally like any other vehicle.have you experienced the same. ?
Mine has started returning to position. I cannot explain why! It will randomly fight me and start swinging back the other way. Is it the tyres? Self-learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
1. You need to find the appropriate driving position. This particular car is very different from most others. It takes some work. I do have the height adjustable seat on mine. But I've rarely ever changed what it came from the showroom.
2. Yes Nexa card is sent by Suzuki direct.
3. / 4 / 5 - Please reach out to your Sales Advisor or his manager. If they don't respond call the Nexa Suzuki helpline. That REALLY gets their attention
7. AMT tag is the Automatic Transmission Label on the rear tail-gate. Your car should already have it.
8. Surveys have now become tele-calls. They will call you 5-7 times over a three month period and annoy you for thirty minutes.
9. No idea. Sorry.
10. No, they HAVE to stamp it. But if you have the original receipt for the car stowed away in the folder it generally shouldn't matter.

I have changed the same on mine. It roughly worked out to 2500-3k along with installing a rat mesh on the air-con inlet. But I did that seeing as I had taken it on a rather long run to Coonoor and back.

I would advise ANYONE buying this car to upgrade tyres if budget allows. They really aid comfort and reduced road noise in the cabin. I took my sales rep for a spin and then we TD their car immediately after. He confirmed that the tyres do indeed make a huge difference to the ride quality, comfort and noise inside the cabin. They are attempting to get approval from Maruti for all their TD car tyres to be changed as well - to aid them to sell more cars

Last edited by Zappo : 18th January 2018 at 19:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
valhallen.282 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 22:41   #298
BHPian

Where is the internal fuse box located? I tried to feel it by squeezing my hands behind the glove box but I'm not sure. Also how to remove the glove box? Pressing the sides inwards?
While I was installing a screen for the backup camera I was testing if it switches on by touching the bare wires on the cigarette lighter/accessory socket. First few times it worked well but while testing it one final time I think I accidentally short the port. Tested with a multimeter and it shows zero voltage. The fuse would have blown right? Should I route a 12v supply directly from the fuse box? Where else can I easily tap a supply from?

By the way, I've got the delivery last week. Pics will be shared soon.
Old 24th January 2018, 18:16   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Grey colored Ignis Delta AMT (Petrol) a few days back
Congrats on your purchase! Just curious, did they change the wheel caps now? Mine came with the ones that were seen during/around its launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-15064941038531910925380.jpg  

Old 25th January 2018, 17:59   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Just curious, did they change the wheel caps now? Mine came with the ones that were seen during/around its launch.
He has mentioned that it's the Baleno version that he took.

Here's what I did as a temporary way to make the wheels look better till an alloy change. Used Rust Oleum 2x spray paint after lightly sanding the surface. Was a lot of work. Finished minor details with an enamel paint(don't expect it to last as long as the spray paint.) I could have done the spraying better if I had some experience beforehand.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-imag2771.jpg
After attaching.
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-imag2774.jpg
Looks decent. Maybe matte black was a better option than glossy black.

Last edited by anycatd : 25th January 2018 at 18:02.
anycatd is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks