Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 11:11   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
IMO, it should be mentioned in the owners manual.
^^The owners manual is very very vague about it. So I think one has to remove the glove box to access the fuse box. Why companies can't design a easy to access fuse box
Old 30th April 2018, 14:39   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Why companies can't design a easy to access fuse box
Absolutely

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-screenshot_20180430143149_01.jpg

Above image is from Baleno Delta. Was pretty much painful to work but much better location than what it was in the older cars (like my 2nd Gen Swift) where one needs to lie down on the car floor to work around the fuse box.
Old 7th May 2018, 10:57   #378
BHPian

is there any news of production being stopper/slowed down for Ignis? I am planning to book one but i am skeptical about the product roadmap.
Old 8th May 2018, 14:29   #379
BHPian

New colour in the Ignis, Nexa blue

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.17.22-pm.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.17.23-pm1.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.17.23-pm.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.17.24-pm.jpeg

Posting the tensile blue for comparison

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.18.21-pm.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.18.20-pm.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.18.19-pm.jpeg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180508-2.18.19-pm1.jpeg

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th May 2018 at 15:05. Reason: Back to back posts.
oli.ferns is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 22:41   #380
BHPian

After much deliberation and many miles of test drives, we have inducted a Petrol Alpha AMT Ignis this month into the family, replacing our 14-yr companion, the Alto Lxi. 900Kms have been enjoyed so far. Here are my initial impressions. For perspective, my everyday car is a Petrol Octavia Elegance 1.8TSI with 7-speed DSG.

I wanted a replacement for the Alto as a weekend city car - Easy to drive and park for my wife. My options and reasoning were like this:
1. Nissan Micra - Good car overall. CVT was smooth, but the response was very slow for throttle inputs. It's the service feedback in Bangalore that threw me off.
2. Honda Brio - Very responsive to drive. Almost felt like I knew the car already. However, except for the great engine and transmission, the car was using outdated gadgetry.
3. Hyundai Grand i10 - Good build. Average driving experience. No ABS, Climate control, keyless entry/start in Auto variant. Why? Why? Why?
4. Suzuki Ignis - Expectations were low due to AMT. But I was totally surprised by the responsiveness and the refined engine. Feature set and overall VFM was unbeatable. Plus Maruti's service network and customer priority was a big factor. Above all, the Wifey saw the car in photos and fell head over heals for it. Slam dunk!

Got the customized white top with blue garnishing. “Poor man’s Mini Cooper”, I call it . It's a 1.2L Petrol with a 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission.

To cover some mileage before the first service, I have been using it as my daily car for a month now.

The Niceties:
• Surprisingly easy to get accustomed to.
• The AMT does not bother you as long as you are driving sedately in town. In the 900Kms, I have felt the “lag” twice so far. I intentionally have not pushed the pedal hard due to self-imposed run-in restrictions. The gearbox always seems to have selected the right gear ahead of me.
• Sound system is pretty decent. It plays video too (when the handbrake is set).
• Looks slimmer on the outside, but feels spacious inside.
• Headlights are simply awesome. When it’s dusk and you flick the passing light for a split second, it feels like a lightning strike. Not kidding!
• Reverse camera + sensors is a boon. Cant see anything much through the glass.

Could be better:
• Audio’s bass is too much for this car. The plasticky door panels can’t handle some songs. I had to reduce it many notches.
• Android Auto is a bit buggy. It does not mute the music when making calls sometimes. Few other niggles observed as well.
• Washer sprays are feeble.
• Hill-hold is a big miss – why cant they implement something using the ABS equipment that is already there?

General Observations:

Booking, Delivery:
• Took about 35 days from booking to delivery. Although the car got allotted in about 3 weeks, the shipping+delivery took almost 2 more weeks.
• Tyre pressure recommendation is 34psi. The factory setting was 48psi

Comfort:
• The rear seats are comfortable and very easy to get it get out. central tunnel is also low.
• Air conditioner is very powerful. I prefer warmer temperatures. While my Octavia setting is 22-23C, I have to keep 25C here to get the same feel.
• Have not figured out a way to auto-fold side mirrors when locking the car. Seems like you can't :-(

Driving:
• AMT holds gears until high revs if you step on the pedal. While overtaking is easy, I do feel anxious about the mid-way gear shift that has happened a few times. I have started to use the manual mode intermittently.
• Steering wheel is not too eager to rotate back to straight position after a turn. Strange!
• During reversing, when steering is at extreme positions, the car hardly moves without accelerator input. Is this a feature or flaw?
• Two full tanks have given about 450Kms/fill. Hope it gets better over time. This car could have surely benefited from a larger capacity tank.

Misc:
• First service cost Rs.28
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ignis2.jpg  

Haren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 22:58   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
Tyre pressure recommendation is 34psi. The factory setting was 48
Congratulations Haren!

The Ignis AMT is a cute lovely car for the city. I have the Alpha in exactly the same colour combination too and have completed 2000 kms.

Please check on the drivers door side, the company recommended tyre pressure is 36 front and 32 rear.

Wish you a happy ownership.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 00:43   #382
BHPian

Can we fix front parking sensor on the Ignis on the existing setup.
Old 10th May 2018, 15:11   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
Can we fix front parking sensor on the Ignis on the existing setup.
Instead of that fix a 360 degree birdview camera setup.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 16:26   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
is there any news of production being stopper/slowed down for Ignis? I am planning to book one but i am skeptical about the product roadmap.
The production has infact increased. Last month Ignis did >5k units. I don't have any reason to be skeptical.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 18:19   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
• Have not figured out a way to auto-fold side mirrors when locking the car. Seems like you can't :-(
Not available off the factory oven.

We have to resort to a switch (not an on-off switch, a sort of hard wiring jugaad) available with many after market accessories stores which is setup without cutting of any wires (thereby avoiding warranty issues).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
I don't think so. IMHO, it's a case of managing inventory, may be sometimes the Baleno being given precedence considering its popularity, that's why the sales numbers seem volatile.

You may also want to read this, from our very own team-bhp official reviews (of 2018 Swift) which reassures that, though it may not be a volumes spinner, but for sure is ringing the coffers at MSIL:

Quote:
Maruti has another model in the segment - the Ignis. However, it has not been as successful as its other offerings in the segment, although considering its premium pricing, the Ignis is doing well.
Old 10th May 2018, 20:19   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
Not available off the factory oven.

We have to resort to a switch (not an on-off switch, a sort of hard wiring jugaad) available with many after market accessories stores which is setup without cutting of any wires (thereby avoiding warranty issues).
If your car have electrically folding mirror by a internal switch (zeta/alpha) you can install a relay like hardware for auto folding side mirrors with lock/unlock. You'll need to tap two wires from the door harness. That can be done without cutting the wires. The relay cost around 2000. I have installed in my car. Works well.
Old 14th May 2018, 10:19   #387
Senior - BHPian

Could you guys please help me finding the right variant of Ignis? Here is my initial analysis but am confused on the right pick.
In Bangalore the price difference between Delta and Zeta is around 50K and between Zeta and Alpha it is around 1 lakh. (For MT variants and on road price difference). The need for this car is mainly for city and rarely on highways, will be driven by wife.

1. Alpha of course is fully loaded so am keeping it out for now. Between Delta and Zeta the main good things with Zeta are rear wiper, defogger, fog lamps, alloys, electrically folding orvms, push button start/stop, parking sensors and fender cladding. I may not need all these but they seem to be good. Is it worth spending 50K extra on top of Delta? The missing things may be installed from MGA if they are available. Certain things such as rear wipers, defogger, push button etc. cannot be installed, but I am OK with that. Will all these available add ons cost 50K?

2. I am not a big fan for the infotainment system and can stay without it. Then the only difference between Zeta and Alpha points to driver seat height adjustment and rear parking camera (meaningful for me) and then paying 1 lakh extra makes no sense.

As per my analysis above I think Zeta could be a right choice if at all the extra 50K on top of Delta makes sense. Your opinions please.
Old 14th May 2018, 22:01   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Could you guys please help me finding the right variant of Ignis.
As per my analysis above I think Zeta could be a right choice if at all the extra 50K on top of Delta makes sense. Your opinions please.
Rajiv, the features you get in the Zeta trim are worth the 50 thousand difference, I would suggest the Zeta over Delta budget permitting.

Even if all the features could be fitted (which they are not) at the dealer level, I would still prefer them being factory fitted.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 06:51   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Ignis is available only in Petrol now. Saw this in newspaper. Only 1.2 VVT Petrol is mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20180610_065316__01.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 14:09   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is speculated to have axed the diesel variant of IGNIS.

Will it get the 1.5l Suzuki Diesel engine, meeting the upcoming emission norms?

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has decided to pull the plug on Ignis diesel due to the lack of demand and customers opting to go with petrol versions instead

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th June 2018 at 14:15.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks