Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2018, 17:28   #301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Just curious, did they change the wheel caps now? Mine came with the ones that were seen during/around its launch.
Thanks. As anycatd mentioned, I had the dealer exchange the wheel caps with the ones from Baleno since they both are of same size. I had asked for black color but they claimed it was out of stock so went with the silver color version.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 14:27   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

The little IGNIS takes SUZUKI to great heights in Europe sales in 2017.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-su.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-ig.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th January 2018 at 14:33.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 16:11   #303
BHPian

Guys, need an urgent help.

A friend booked Urban Blue Ignis (Top-end Alpha) Petrol from Nexa, OMR, Chennai almost 2 weeks back.

Today he got a call from the Sales guy stating that the Urban Blue colour option has been stopped by Maruti. This is a big upset for him as both he and his wife love the colour.

Is it true that the colour is not available? I see lots of Urban Blue Ignis on the road and it's one of the best selling colours in that car.
Old 9th February 2018, 18:28   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, need an urgent help.

A friend booked Urban Blue Ignis (Top-end Alpha) Petrol from Nexa, OMR, Chennai almost 2 weeks back.

Today he got a call from the Sales guy stating that the Urban Blue colour option has been stopped by Maruti.
Inquire at another Nexa, including cities around Chennai like Vellore. Its quite likely one of them has one lying in their yard.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 03:30   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post

Driver Armrest

2. Is it true that the Nexa Card will be mailed by Suzuki after few weeks?
How much did you pay for the armrest?

Either thay will send the Nexa card to your address or the RM will deliver it to you. In my case they took around 6 months to deliver the card.
Old 12th February 2018, 09:36   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
9. Took finance from SBI. I was told that the processing charge would be Rs. 1K + taxes. However, the document that I was asked to sign had Rs. 2K mentioned. Upon confrontation, the SBI agent said that their system has this by default and told me that the 2K charge from my account will be reversed. Should I take his word for that? Anyone have experience with SBI loan?
Yes, the 2K charges stands true, had financed a friend's Scorpio S11 few days back and because he didn't have money in that particular account, I asked them to debit it from my account. That is for agreement paper [stamp charges] and other miscellaneous, maybe the processing charges.

On other note, I too am planning for this or the Grand i10 or the Swift or the WagonR. Am interested in knowing about the arm rest. This small car will do city runs only and will be driven by a chauffeur.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 21:37   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
How much did you pay for the armrest?
Paid Rs. 1750 for the armrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
On other note, I too am planning for this or the Grand i10 or the Swift or the WagonR. Am interested in knowing about the arm rest. This small car will do city runs only and will be driven by a chauffeur.
My rationale for not going with the cars that you mentioned is as below. Please note that I was interested only in AT Petrol version.

Grand i10: definitely better driving performance than IGNIS. Very poor mileage; lack of ABS; higher cost compared to Ignis delta amt.

Swift: AT option was not available then.

WagonR: doubts over long-term success of amt technology with 1k cc engine (IGNIS has 1200cc).
Old 14th February 2018, 22:06   #308
BHPian

Ignis 1.2 petrol is a hoot to drive . Not sure if it lags the performance vs grand i10. My car has crossed 10000 km and delivers effortless city performance with consistent 17+ kmpl.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 22:41   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Ignis 1.2 petrol is a hoot to drive . Not sure if it lags the performance vs grand i10. My car has crossed 10000 km and delivers effortless city performance with consistent 17+ kmpl.
17+ kmpl is amazing, is your car the manual variant? Is this by the tankful method or the dash readout?

My Alpha AMT petrol has completed 1100 kms and the dash readout has never crossed 9.3 kmpl.

What mileage do other folks get within the city? I drive in bumper to bumper Bombay city traffic all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 15th February 2018, 20:35   #310
BHPian

Yes its a manual. The economy has been measured on tankful as well as the display and consistently stays upwards of 17kmpl.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 19:46   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Long term (10 months) test review by Auto Express ( UK)- This is a typical view and contributes to its success in EU.

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-v.jpg

Quote:
After 10 months on the fleet, our Ignis has returned to Suzuki, and we are already missing it. Over the best part of a year, the car has proven itself to be so much more than an unusually cute-looking small SUV.

My family liked the Ignis from the start, but the longer we ran the car for, the further we fell for its ‘park anywhere’ dimensions, clever interior and fuel-sipping engine.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st February 2018 at 19:49.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:14   #312
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
17+ kmpl is amazing, is your car the manual variant? Is this by the tankful method or the dash readout?

My Alpha AMT petrol has completed 1100 kms and the dash readout has never crossed 9.3 kmpl.
My wife drives an Ignis AMT about 80 kms per day on a winding ghat road with low traffic. The car has clocked about 8000km.

The MID display is always between 19 and 19.5 kms/L. However, I have never measured tankful to tankful.

The ignis is really frugal with petrol.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd February 2018 at 09:04. Reason: Fixed broken quote
KMT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:56   #313
BHPian

Drove the Ignis alpha diesel amt yesterday and was mightily impressed.

The amt is no where like the trash I drive in kwid. The shifts were very smooth. The seating was pretty comfortable. NVH was under control. The ride quality was surprisingly planted. You get a nice view of the road. The LED lights are top notch. We get apple car play, android auto, navigation, just the full kit.

Getting a discount of 50k and an on road price of 9.5 Hyd including rear spoiler and leather seats.

How is the highway stability and the overall ownership experience? Would really appreciate if diesel amt owners could share their experience. Thank you!
Old 22nd February 2018, 14:08   #314
KMT
BHPian

Its very light and tallish and not really highway car. Its an urban/suburban runabout. For highway use consider the new Swift or the Baleno.

In addition, AMT and overtaking requires a bit of preplanning.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:21   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Drove the Ignis alpha diesel amt yesterday and was mightily impressed.

The amt is no where like the trash I drive in kwid. The shifts were very smooth. The seating was pretty comfortable. NVH was under control. The ride quality was surprisingly planted. You get a nice view of the road. The LED lights are top notch. We get apple car play, android auto, navigation, just the full kit.

Getting a discount of 50k and an on road price of 9.5 Hyd including rear spoiler and leather seats.

How is the highway stability and the overall ownership experience? Would really appreciate if diesel amt owners could share their experience. Thank you!
I cannot comment on the Diesel, as what I own is a Petrol AMT but the high speed manners should be similar on both. I would say the highway stability is excellent - this is possibly due to the suspension being on the firmer side. Even though the vehicle is tall it feels planted at speeds up to 120 kph. The Build quality also feels better than the Baleno although both are on the lighter side.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks