Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 19:07   #211
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

I am out in the market for an automatic. Have test driven both Ignis and Baleno, found Baleno to be better in terms of handling but Ignis was comfortable to sit for the passengers.
Old 10th August 2017, 19:58   #212
Senior - BHPian

Unless you have tight budget, the Baleno CVT should be your choice.

Ignis is good, but isn't as rounded as Baleno. If you're looking at Diesel Auto, then obviously the Baleno is ruled out.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 17:22   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20170812wa0018.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img20170812wa0023.jpg

Guys, has Maruti added this chrome strip as an OEM fitment, or has the dealer added it?? I found this in all new Ignis, except the base Sigma trim. Also, it wasn't billed in the accessories list. Can anyone confirm??

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 12th August 2017 at 17:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 12:18   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attachment 1665955

Attachment 1665956

Guys, has Maruti added this chrome strip as an OEM fitment, or has the dealer added it?? I found this in all new Ignis, except the base Sigma trim. Also, it wasn't billed in the accessories list. Can anyone confirm??

Regards,
Shashi
Both chrome strips are dealer fitted add-ons. Also, the one at the base of the windshield is added by them by default as part of a 'NEXA Accessories Kit' that costs around 21k total (around 5k separately). IMO, both chrome strips look extremely tacky and the upper one makes that bootlid jut out even further so we didn't opt for it. Better off going for a spoiler at the top that costs 6k (not a part of the aforementioned accessories kit).
kpower11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 14:06   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Both chrome strips are dealer fitted add-ons. Also, the one at the base of the windshield is added by them by default as part of a 'NEXA Accessories Kit' that costs around 21k total (around 5k separately). IMO, both chrome strips look extremely tacky and the upper one makes that bootlid jut out even further so we didn't opt for it. Better off going for a spoiler at the top that costs 6k (not a part of the aforementioned accessories kit).
Thanks for your reply. I did check all Ignis standing in their yard, saw this chrome strip(on the bumper) in all the cars, except the base Sigma Trim. Hence got confused. Secondly, we were not billed for it. The dealer representatives said that they haven't added anything and this is how the cars are coming.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th August 2017 at 14:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:57   #216

I'm looking for an upgrade to my Nano XTA. Confused between Tiago XZA / XTA, Ignis Delta / Zeta trim and Ford Figo AT. Rules out i10 AT due to unavailability of ABS.
Ford dealer has promised me for some unbeatable price, though I'm not expecting much. Going for TD on this weekend. Till now, driven Ignis Zeta AMT and Tiago XZA. Ignis looks more refined but Tiago is feature packed. My experience with Concorde Motors, Pune is good, adding to more confusion, whether to go for Tata again or try Maruti / Ford.
Any suggestions?

- Hemant
Belorkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 17:26   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Attachment 1665955

Attachment 1665956

Regards,
Shashi
I think these are OEM fitment in Ignis now. You can see these strips in all the cars in the new Ignis television ad as well. They must have been added along with the optional roof/bonnet graphics available for Ignis.
Old 20th August 2017, 18:14   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belorkar View Post
I'm looking for an upgrade to my Nano XTA.
=====
Any suggestions?

- Hemant
If you're comfortable with the deal you'll get on the Figo it really is a no-brainer. DCT vs AMT, 1.5L 112 BHP vs 1.2L 80-odd BHP, plus Figo also has stability control, traction control and even hill-hold assist and 6 airbags as an option. However, if that doesn't work out, I'd pick the Ignis because it's engine delivers much better performance and better masks the flaws of the AMT (that's as per the reviews, I own the MT). The difference in features (between Zeta and XZA and Delta and XTA) isn't big enough to mask the flaws of the powertrain in my opinion.
kpower11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 19:38   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Ignis Zeta AMT and Tiago XZA.

- Hemant
We were also considering these two options Ignis Zeta AMT and Tiago XZA for my dad.
What Tiago has on offer above Ignis Zeta is mainly Seat height adjustment, better music system, variable intermittent front wiper, heavier body ( whether its advantage or not is still a question) etc.

Ignis over Tiago
Electrically foldable ORVM, push button start, better engine ( much smoother in my experience), gear shift were less jerky , auto down driver power window, 60-40 split rear seat and of course the Maruti service network.

With a price difference of 1 Lakh was justifiable and finally booked Ignis Zeta AMT, and awaiting delivery next week.
vinodv001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:45   #220
BANNED

Booked Ignis Alpha AGS White (Petrol), Awaiting delivery soon.

Will share pics and list of accessories once I will get delivery.
W@nnaR@ce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:50   #221
BHPian

Hello all, almost booking an petrol Ignis Zeta AMT, basic requirement being a fuel efficient automatic for the city drive.
Anybody aware of any offers currently available in Bangalore?
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:04   #222
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I booked the Zeta Petrol AMT on 1st August and changed my booking to the Alpha AMT variant on 5th August. On road Bombay is coming to INR 8.32 lakhs for the Alpha.

My RM and the showroom Manager at Nexa Lower Parel (Bombay) claim no Alpha variants have been dispatched from the factory and that mine will be the first Alpha from his outlet. They claim it will be mid September approximately to get my car.

Has anyone got delivery of an Alpha Petrol AMT variant?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:24   #223
BHPian

Quote:
I'm looking for an upgrade to my Nano XTA. Confused between Tiago XZA / XTA, Ignis Delta / Zeta trim and Ford Figo AT.
Haven't driven either, but purely going by the discussion on this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...mt-woes-9.html

You may want to consider the Tiago over the Ignis. Cannot conclude decisively but the AMT integration in Tata cars "seems" to be better.

You may also want to read the following post for someone who has driven both the Tiago XZA and Ford Figo AT
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4255542

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I have a Tiago XZA presently used by dad and he is extremely satisfied with it. I am using a Ford Figo DCT ...Now if you ask about the AMT drivability, I prefer taking Tiago out than Figo and that's big testimonial itself as the later being in a class above.
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 12:12   #224
BHPian

Can owners of the Alpha variant comment on the performance of the LED headlamps?
Old 24th August 2017, 12:44   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Haven't driven either, but purely going by the discussion on this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...mt-woes-9.html

You may want to consider the Tiago over the Ignis. Cannot conclude decisively but the AMT integration in Tata cars "seems" to be better.

You may also want to read the following post for someone who has driven both the Tiago XZA and Ford Figo AT
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4255542
AMT integration with 3 cylinder engines has been proven to be risky. Tata and Maruti use exactly the same module. I would recommend Ignis and Dzire as the best bet when it comes to AMT Technology. The integration of AMT with 4 cylinder engines seems better in terms of the behavior and smoothness. However, it is too early too rule out the issues called out in the AMT Woes thread from being present in either the Tiago or the Ignis. The issue has been reported to the max on Celerio.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 24th August 2017 at 12:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks