Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2018, 09:28   #166
BHPian

Just got an update from a VW dealer in Lucknow from whom I had purchased my Polo GT TSI.

Tiguan is now available through CSD, the price is ₹27,65,621/- for the highline version. Plus they are offering a discount of ₹1.5 lac and loyalty benefit of ₹65k.
Pretty tempting, I must say.

Off topic: Passat HL is priced at ₹29,57,728/- in the CSD and a discount of ₹2 lacs is being offered in addition to the loyalty benefit.
Old 28th August 2018, 14:50   #167
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
The handling on the climb to Kodaikanal was such an absolute delight, that others on the drive were amazed that a 1.8 tonne SUV could handle like this.
Thank you for the Tiguan folks, with a fact that we have vey few Tiguan owners active in the Forum, your regular updates are very important for potential buyers.

Please keep updating this thread with regular updates?

Anyone with first and/or 2nd service updates can hi-light the cost and service experience?
Old 28th August 2018, 15:34   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Thank you for the Tiguan folks, with a fact that we have vey few Tiguan owners active in the Forum, your regular updates are very important for potential buyers.

Please keep updating this thread with regular updates?

Anyone with first and/or 2nd service updates can hi-light the cost and service experience?
I had my Tiguan serviced in the first week of July, about 2 weeks before 1 year was up at VW Chandigarh.

It had done about 11.5k in mileage in the year I've had it, with 95% of the travel in the Hills of HP including some very rough road journeys.

So far, no problems, except for a rattling noise from the rear seat that cropped up in the first week itself but was fixed quickly in Chandigarh.

Service cost was 20.5K INR, inclusive of a Tyre package which included rotation, alignment & wheel balancing.

I had an out of control biker drive into the Tiguan whilst parked, breaking the front left headlight & leaving a nasty dent on the panel beside it - luckily the rider was ok.

Total cost of the headlight replacement, panel replacement & denting cost 65k at VW Chandigarh - cost mostly taken care of by insurance but I lost the no claim bonus at renewal.

Love the Tiguan & really enjoying it - reduced Tyre pressure to 34PSI & the ride & handling is much better.
driven646 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 22:25   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
Just got an update from a VW dealer in Lucknow from whom I had purchased my Polo GT TSI.

Tiguan is now available through CSD, the price is ₹27,65,621/- for the highline version. Plus they are offering a discount of ₹1.5 lac and loyalty benefit of ₹65k.
Pretty tempting, I must say.

Off topic: Passat HL is priced at ₹29,57,728/- in the CSD and a discount of ₹2 lacs is being offered in addition to the loyalty benefit.
I saw a post on the price and discounts thread that similar deals of around 4 lakhs off are also available directly from dealers, not sure if it is still true.

Tiguan is quite overpriced and I guess VW has come to the realization that price correction is inevitable to get any volumes at all. A great car indeed but a base Trend line 4x4 with an MT at 20 Lac price point will really help this car compete well and take volumes from the Compass top end 4X4 model.
Old 29th August 2018, 21:55   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I saw a post on the price and discounts thread that similar deals of around 4 lakhs off are also available directly from dealers, not sure if it is still true.
Very interesting. Where did you find this ad?

I had a chance to talk to a dealer in Bangalore last week end, i got an offer of 40K corporate discount and 1.5 lakh additional discount which makes the Bangalore on road price reduced to total of 1.9 lakhs.

Also he told about another 40K exchange bonus of my old car.

And yes Tiguan is a beautiful machine, and we really hope VM brings a MT variant under 20-25 Lakhs.
Old 30th August 2018, 02:01   #171
BHPian

My Tiguan completed an year, I had it serviced with 9K on the odo, the total cost was 20.5K. Apart from the park pilot, no other issues to report. Post the service, she is as good as new. Love the ride.
amitk2kin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 13:55   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Very interesting. Where did you find this ad?

I had a chance to talk to a dealer in Bangalore last week end, i got an offer of 40K corporate discount and 1.5 lakh additional discount which makes the Bangalore on road price reduced to total of 1.9 lakhs.

Also he told about another 40K exchange bonus of my old car.

And yes Tiguan is a beautiful machine, and we really hope VM brings a MT variant under 20-25 Lakhs.
The break up of this deal was posted on the 'New Car deals and Discounts' thread in the Indian Car Scene.

Basically it's like this:

Cash Discount from VW: Rs. 1,50,000
Loyalty: Rs. 40,000
Exchange Bonus: Rs. 60,000

If your company is registered with Udhyog Adhar then:
Loyalty: Further 25,000
Exchange Bonus: Further 10,000
SMES / Corporate: Rs. 40,000

In addition - You can squeeze a little from the dealer margin too - a fellow member got Rs. 1,00,000 further off. If you get insurance on your own - you safe a hefty sum there too (I got a quote for Rs. 68,000/- compared to the dealer's Rs. 1,30,000). Zero Dep, everything!

There is a special discount for lawyers and doctors but I could be wrong.

Net net - depending on how the deal is structured, you could get the Tiguan CL for a very similar price to the Tucson AWD which makes it a pretty good choice. You lose out on power and the better rear seats; but get better tech, nicer interiors, a solid build, and a nicer overall driving experience.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 10:50   #173

Hi all,
I am considering following crossovers/SUVs as I need a higher seating /good view position than a sedan (apart from other features of SUV). Not looking for Fortuner/Endeavour as I don't need a big sized vehicle and not a 7 seater. Hence shortlisted on Tiguan and X1 (XC40 ruled out as Volvo doesn't have good service network yet). Although these two are in different price segments (5-7 L difference), what I wanted to know was

1. Is Tiguan noisy? I found engine noise a bit higher
2. Its pricey as compared to Tucson etc but what is the current discount/total ORP in Mumbai/Pune going on? (Including festival discounts?) - is it close to 33 L now - for highline version?
3. I found X1 to have shorter seats at the back - 16-17 inches deep which don't provide good thigh support - does this cause un-comfort?
4. Found that X1 is little bumpy - does it have weak suspension?

As I am used to quiet and smooth sedans, probably I noticed these differences more. Owners/Experts, please advise.
Old 26th September 2018, 21:19   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchetd View Post
Hi all,

1. Is Tiguan noisy? I found engine noise a bit higher
2. Its pricey as compared to Tucson etc but what is the current discount/total ORP in Mumbai/Pune going on? (Including festival discounts?) - is it close to 33 L now - for highline version?
3. I found X1 to have shorter seats at the back - 16-17 inches deep which don't provide good thigh support - does this cause un-comfort?
4. Found that X1 is little bumpy - does it have weak suspension?

As I am used to quiet and smooth sedans, probably I noticed these differences more. Owners/Experts, please advise.
I did an extensive test drive at the time of launch and was very close to buying it before prices were announced. I did not find it excessively noisy, in fact quieter than most SUV type vehicles such as Endeavour, XUV, HEXA etc. If the price were closer to 30 Lacs on-road for the high-line version, I would have gone for it right then, but it was closer to 36 at launch here in Chennai.

I agree the rear seat width could have been a bit better. the recline is great as well as the lateral support at the outer seats. The front seats are very comfortable, however, they are not real leather and I felt VW could have provided real leather at this price point.

The ride is indeed firm and it is a typiccal of German SUVs. It helps with better handling and a compact feel on winding roads. It may take a bit getting used to but I think it is a better balance long term rather than a soft set up that may have mode body roll.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 09:11   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

2019 Tiguan face-lift,

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-t2.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-t1.jpg

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 12:50   #176
BHPian

Hi All,
My brother recently bought Tiguan Highline and has following queries

1. How to mute the radio while driving in the new 8" touchscreen system?
2. How to adjust the Headlight Low beam?

Let me know your inputs. Thanks.
Old 12th October 2018, 16:20   #177
BHPian

I drove a Tiguan for 2 weeks in the US as a rental car. This one came with a 2 L turbo-charged petrol engine that I used mostly on the highway. The fuel economy was 19 miles/gallon. So world-wide, the Tiguan is not bought for mileage - it is a performance vehicle.
The auto gearbox of the Tiguan was simply awesome DSG
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 11:19   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi All,
My brother recently bought Tiguan Highline and has following queries

1. How to mute the radio while driving in the new 8" touchscreen system?

2. How to adjust the Headlight Low beam?

Simply switch to media, that's what I do and it works. I too am not aware of a specific mute button

You can't do this and don't really need to since the Tiguan has auto levelling headlights which automatically detect glare, speed of vehicle and gradient to automatically adjust the beam.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:50   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
I drove a Tiguan for 2 weeks in the US as a rental car. This one came with a 2 L turbo-charged petrol engine that I used mostly on the highway. The fuel economy was 19 miles/gallon. So world-wide, the Tiguan is not bought for mileage - it is a performance vehicle.
The auto gearbox of the Tiguan was simply awesome DSG
Not necessarily - the is more to do with the US being a primarily petrol market. Heck, if you own a diesel vehicle in the US - you may just see yourself running around pump to pump trying to find one that sells diesel!

In Europe, where diesel vehicles are more common - most of the Tiguan's I came across (and I came across a lot of them!) were diesel.

On another note:

Our Tiguan completes 1,000kms very soon, and I am very impressed. Coming from a purely sedan family (S-Cross being our first cross-over / high stance car), I love the visibility, and ground clearance.
This aside, the interiors are top notch, with ample of legroom and features to keep you happy. The engine is surprisingly frugal as well - we managed 13.3kmpl for a 50:50 highway-city mix which is great IMO.

Dad picked it up as he had been wanting a cross-over for highway trips + found it easier to get in and out of the S-Cross compared to the other cars in the Garage, and he is super excited with the 'Tiggy'.
In fact, as I just found out - he recently drove the Tiguan to Pune the other day, something no other car except the A6 have had the luck to experience! Given he was an enthusiast and a frequent driver until Mumbai traffic and age caught up to him - I hope the Tiguan brings back his love for driving!

What could have been improved:
1) Power - the car is still being run-in, but I can see myself wanting more power on long highway drives.
2) Ride quality: though good enough to not see any complaints yet, is definitely on the stiffer side as noted in the review. Hopefully it will gobble up bad roads as the speeds get higher - often a perk of a stiffer suspension.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 22:44   #180
BHPian

Agree. The Tiguan power and stance are unmatched. The 2.0L turbo would generate enormous power and the acceleration feeling was wonderful. It should be better in India with the 2L diesel of VW that is more fuel efficient as well. I think that the fuel tank of VW is the biggest among the ones I have driven and filled like 65$ for a full tank.
It is definitely a superb machine and should be on my next purchase list given the 2L diesel engine here. Hope to rent it in Amsterdam later this month

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks