Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 14:34   #211
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
I beg to differ on the quality aspect. I think the cabin build quality is excellent and it is built in a manner that will be easy to maintain and will last really long. .
Agree that cabin is excellent. I am only referring to the seats. Quality of art-leather is below par and borders on rough. Rest is all fantastic. Only 3-4 lakhs separate this from the entry level German SUVs. Tough sell.
Old 18th March 2019, 14:47   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
It is a fantastic car. Challenges are that BMW x1 with the discounts is around 36 on road in Gurgaon. Q3 will be lower still. And this is no match for either of those on most parameters.

Quality of faux leather upholstery is surprisingly rough. Lacks quality and premiun feel. Why has vw done this to their flagship is beyond comprehension.
This is surprising! The X1 with the same features (middle variant) as the Tiguan HL worked out to 8L more than the Tiguan + tighter interiors + FWD + even after paying so much there were a few features missing!
Both prices post discount of course!

From a pricing perspective - I think the Tiguan is fairly well priced to it's peers - namely the Tucson, CRV, Kodiaq. It is bang in the middle of the market.

The problem though is that VW acts like a German company - where they have a premium price, but as an seasoned European car buyer would know - you only buy it when they start discounting (I've seen offers up to 4.5L off on the Tiguan bringing it smack in the middle of discounted Tucson price bracket)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post

I am looking for a 5 seater SUV and deeply confused between Tiguan vs upcoming 2019 facelift Tucson. If not VW tough stories of service, any day this is my favourite pick.

Thanks again!
Honestly, I do not blame you given how service is a hit and miss across India. However, the Mumbai service center is operated by the same chaps who also own Mercedes & Honda dealerships so that reassurance, along with the 5 year extended warranty did help in pacifying me.
That being said, the new Tucson, with the new interiors - IF launched at the same price point could be a very attractive option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
So, the discounts quoted for the Delhi-NCR dealership seem to be localized for a particular stock?
It is dealership to dealership, depending on stock availability.
Mumbai all dealers are sold out of the 2018 CL trim that was working out to be great VFM.
Old 16th April 2019, 23:01   #213
BHPian

Ground clearence of Tiguan when laden is 149 mm, which seems pretty low.But it has an AWD. My query is whether this car be suitable for doing the Kaza to Rohtang strech, which is challenging drive.
Old 17th April 2019, 10:36   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Ground clearence of Tiguan when laden is 149 mm, which seems pretty low.But it has an AWD. My query is whether this car be suitable for doing the Kaza to Rohtang strech, which is challenging drive.
6 Kodiaqs did this stretch easily last June, even saw Cretas, Polo's, Alto's attempt this route so I see why not. My advice is to carry a full sized spare, even on a steel wheel.

Last edited by ajmat : 18th April 2019 at 06:58.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 22:50   #215
BHPian

No dealers seem to have any stock and VW has not assigned them any new ones so far as I came to know from different dealers. Does anyone know anything about this ? Is VW updating / adding any new features ? Also , as per vwvortex they seem to have resolved the Sunroof ambient lighting issue.
Old 18th April 2019, 06:57   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
6 Kodiaq did this stretch easily last June, even saw Cretas, Polo's, Alto's attempt this route so I see why not. My advice is to carry a full sized spare, even on a steel wheel.
Thank you Ajmat, i am really keen on the highline version
Old 18th April 2019, 09:51   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ajmat, i am really keen on the highline version

Have you made enquiries? They dont have in the stocks and dont know when they will get it. At least in Pune.
Old 18th April 2019, 10:35   #218
BHPian

Quote:
149mm is with 5 full sized occupants and trunk fully loaded. I have gone deep into forests and tea estates of Ooty and Munnar with Tiguan and never had a problem with GC. I believe unladen is 190mm, which is decent enough. More than the GC, the skirting on front bumper is what you have to be careful with. You can have problem with approach angle.

I have done the Kaza to Rohtang stretch twice in Scorpio and can assure Tiguan will do it with ease. This was 8 years back though. I am assuming the road condition may have improved since then.
Old 18th April 2019, 22:08   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Have you made enquiries? They dont have in the stocks and dont know when they will get it. At least in Pune.
Yes, i did call up the VW dealer at Shivaji Nagar and spoke to Mr Abhijeet. According to him they ran out of 2018 Tiguan stocks in Nov-Dec 2018. They have approx 71 bookings since then and the company would resume supplying the 2019 Tiguan by 20 May. Therfore the waiting period may be a couple of months.
bhalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:55   #220
BHPian

I am evaluating Tiguan Comfortline for purchase. Please share your experiences that may help me in making up my mind one way or the other.

The dealer in Navi Mumbai is offering it at Rs 31 L on road which works out to be a discount of roughly Rs 3.8 on 2019 model. Is it a good deal or should I bargain more in case I make up my mind to go for it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:07   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
I am evaluating Tiguan Comfortline for purchase.
I hope you're aware the Tiguan is likely to be phased out imminently and replaced with the long wheelbase 'Tiguan Allspace' version. Do factor this in your negotiations/calculations depending on how long you intend to keep the vehicle. Resale of a discontinued low volume German luxury SUV is likely to be pathetic as the years go by.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:30   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
149mm is with 5 full sized occupants and trunk fully loaded. I have gone deep into forests and tea estates of Ooty and Munnar with Tiguan and never had a problem with GC. I believe unladen is 190mm, which is decent enough. More than the GC, the skirting on front bumper is what you have to be careful with. You can have problem with approach angle.

I have done the Kaza to Rohtang stretch twice in Scorpio and can assure Tiguan will do it with ease. This was 8 years back though. I am assuming the road condition may have improved since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I hope you're aware the Tiguan is likely to be phased out imminently and replaced with the long wheelbase 'Tiguan Allspace' version. Do factor this in your negotiations/calculations depending on how long you intend to keep the vehicle. Resale of a discontinued low volume German luxury SUV is likely to be pathetic as the years go by.
I did read about it in the team-bhp news section but it slipped off my mind. I would like to purchase a vehicle which is about to be discontinued and also not interested in larger one. I will wait for Volkswagen's announcement before finalising my choice.
Old 30th April 2019, 08:07   #223
BHPian

I've a company leased XUV 500 currently and the lease is getting terminated by July this year. I've been breaking my head for the past few months thinking about my next leased car. It's a big battle between Endeavor and Tiguan at the moment.

While I like Endy for its typical SUV looks, size and space (3rd row seats indeed comes handy occasionally), the practicality and driving pleasure of Tiguan is slowly growing on me and keeps me tilted towards it.

How do you compare Endeavor 2.2 and Tiguan especially on the areas of driving pleasure (comfort plus I like a punch when driving on highways. point to note: can't go for Endy 3.2) and the seating height? It would help if I know Tiguan's seating height is on par with XUV 500 or slightly less. If significantly lower it would be a deal breaker as I've lower back pain.

By the way, I'm not interested in any other alternative cars on the market.

As always, appreciate team-bhp's help when it comes to Indian motoring needs.

Last edited by drivingme.crazy : 30th April 2019 at 08:09.
Old 30th April 2019, 18:27   #224
BHPian

Looks like Endeavor and Tiguan are driving you crazy

I would go with Tiguan if I were you as it is almost perfect in every sense ( except the price). It drives and handles better on the city roads and on the highway. In terms of features, power etc. Tiguan is a an example of " you may not get what you want but you will get what you need". If you are ready to wait it seem VW is planning AllSpace for our market as well. In any case, Tiguan is not in the stock and there are no clear answers from the dealers. So you may want to reach out to them and find out more on this.

IMO, other than the power, Endeavour is just too big and massive which is its plus point when compared with Tiguan.

All the best!

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2019 at 07:33. Reason: Please use full forms for car model names and not Tig, Endy etc
Old 4th May 2019, 21:57   #225
BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

An update on the Tiguan, last week I had to go for an important meeting in the morning and to my great consternation the Tiguan simply failed to start. I turned the key and a few lights blinked and nothing happened. I tried multiple times, but to no avail.

I finally took wife's Fabia to work and called up the Volkswagen dealership for help. They promptly sent someone home with a pair of jump leads. They checked the car, deemed it to be a battery issue and jumpstarted the car. The engine was left running for over an hour to charge the battery.
However on coming back home in the evening, the Tiguan refused to start again. I called the dealership again, next day and they sent someone to pick up the car. They checked it thoroughly and informed me that the battery has failed and that they will replace it under warranty. By next day morning car was back home with a new battery, running flawlessly.
I was really happy with the response and service provided by Volkswagen Mumbai North dealership. I am however disappointed with Volkswagen for not addressing what was a widespread issue even with the Jetta. There is something wrong with these OEM Exide batteries. My Yeti had Varta OEM batteries and they lasted 3 plus years.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks