Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:05   #1036

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I own a 2019 VW Tiguan (Diesel) which has run about 37000kms till date. Of late I have been facing a strange problem of the AC completely cutting off while on long highway drives.
Did you notice the interior temperature readings? I had similar issue with my Polo. Service center was not able to diagnose the issue. Once the ACC blasted hot air in full force. The internal temperature reading was 4.5 C at that time (in mid summer). Temperature sensor went kaput.

Next time when your AC does not turn on, check the temperature reading. Hope this helps.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd November 2023 at 12:08. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 3rd November 2023, 09:01   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Brought home my 2019 VW Tiguan as an upgrade to my beloved Jetta.
@Vishy, congrats on the Tiguan.

One q: did you do a Tiguan Vs Kodiaq comapro (for the same MY /trim levels) ? If yes, what are your observations ?
Old 30th November 2023, 11:09   #1038
BHPian

Has anyone done their 4th/60k service and can share a copy of their bill? The SA has come back with a quote that's about 15k more than expected and more then the service estimate on the VW site. He mentioned there's a gear box oil filter (5k), an extra gear oil which he says is a top up (4.5k), and a couple other smaller line items. To keep my warranty valid do I have to do anything beyond what the VW Service website says?
Old 30th November 2023, 12:53   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Has anyone done their 4th/60k service and can share a copy of their bill? The SA has come back with a quote that's about 15k more than expected and more then the service estimate on the VW site. He mentioned there's a gear box oil filter (5k), an extra gear oil which he says is a top up (4.5k), and a couple other smaller line items. To keep my warranty valid do I have to do anything beyond what the VW Service website says?
It may not be completely off the mark. The service cost calculator doesn't show the DSG filter which costs around 5.5k. the DSG oil costs around 1700x6. The price of oil has increased as seen on the bottles. The cost calculator has not been updated.

However, there is no other gear oil costing around 4.5k as claimed. Might be that he referring to haldex which would have been changed during the 45k service.
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 14:30   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hello all.
My Tiguan is about 4.5 years old. I had got the 4th service done in March though only 38000kms on the clock. The ASC did not change the DSG oil.
After a bit of discussion on this Forum and also all the info on internet, I insisted on the the dsg oil change.
Yes it requires a filter change also. I was present during the dismantling.
The oil is very expensive but filter was below 1000rs I think.

I follow servicing schedule by calendar as well as mileage which ever comes first.
My personal opinion is based on my close contact with Airplane servicing schedules since I was 18 years old, where safety was first priority as my own life was at stake.
HI Amukerjea. Would it be possible to share your invoice of the 4th service. Just wanted to see the price of the DSG Oil Filter. SA quoted me 5.5k. Skoda says the filter needs to be changed according to its condition. If its in good shape it does not need to be changed.
Old 30th November 2023, 15:29   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
It may not be completely off the mark. The service cost calculator doesn't show the DSG filter which costs around 5.5k. the DSG oil costs around 1700x6. The price of oil has increased as seen on the bottles. The cost calculator has not been updated.

However, there is no other gear oil costing around 4.5k as claimed. Might be that he referring to Haldex which would have been changed during the 45k service.
That's correct the oil price is about 1700 with GST, and the calculator now has updated the pricing to match.

Got the part list for the unknown items:
DSG filter- 0GC325183A - This is the gear oil filter. 5.5k is the MRP. Skoda says the filter needs to be changed according to its condition. If it's in good shape it does not need to be changed.
Gear oil- g060175a2 - As expected this is for the Haldex.
Lubricant - G060567A2 - This is for the sunroof.

I have a Comfortline model, which does not have a sunroof. LOL. I asked him what it was before the part number was given and he said it's a lubricant for the gear oil. LOL

Last edited by showboat : 30th November 2023 at 15:29. Reason: Double quote
Old 30th November 2023, 15:43   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
That's correct the oil price is about 1700 with GST, and the calculator now has updated the pricing to match.

Got the part list for the unknown items:
DSG filter- 0GC325183A - This is the gear oil filter. 5.5k is the MRP. Skoda says the filter needs to be changed according to its condition. If it's in good shape it does not need to be changed.
Gear oil- g060175a2 - As expected this is for the Haldex.
Lubricant - G060567A2 - This is for the sunroof.
My VW dealer wasn't ready to procure the filter saying it's not required. However, doesn't make sense to me to leave the filter when you are already spending close to 10k on the DSG oil. Also, since it's once in four years, I would suggest you get it changed.

Surprised at why they are adding the haldex oil. Did they miss it in the third service?
Old 30th November 2023, 16:14   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
My VW dealer wasn't ready to procure the filter saying it's not required. However, doesn't make sense to me to leave the filter when you are already spending close to 10k on the DSG oil. Also, since it's once in four years, I would suggest you get it changed.

Surprised at why they are adding the haldex oil. Did they miss it in the third service?
Yes, its on the Client Requested Job Card not on the mandatory side. So I'm guessing it's not essential but good to have. Globally its also an option so I told them to inspect it and let me know. Thankfully the part is in stock.

I think the guy is clueless. This was pre-inspection so it's not like it's a top-off or something.
Old 2nd December 2023, 09:18   #1044
BHPian

Quote:

4th Serivce done. The car did not require a new transmission oil filter. The mechanic felt it was in good shape. Total cost was 36k without WA/WB, wash, cylinder lock lubricant, etc. The brake pads are in OK condition. About 6mm left, they said 6-7000kms of usuage. Discs are fine. They are recommending changing the discs with the brake pads but I think I'll make a call then. My warranty will end at the 5th year so will decide if I want to extend before then or just start going to my FNG.

The Tiguan has completed just under 37k km in 4 years. It is a comfortline model and this was a conscious choice as I felt the ride was far superior on the 17s (run it at 33PSI and it feels as good as our X5 in the city) and I didn't need the sunroof. I did a Code 6 remap and it has changed the car and made it a great city car and excellent highway cruiser. The mileage has gone up overall too. Highly recommend the remap for diesel cars as it bumps the hp to about 185-190 and the torque to 420NM or so. My 0-100Kmh is low 7s now.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 19:35   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
4th Serivce done. The car did not require a new transmission oil filter. The mechanic felt it was in good shape. Total cost was 36k without WA/WB, wash, cylinder lock lubricant, etc. The brake pads are in OK condition. About 6mm left, they said 6-7000kms of usuage. Discs are fine. They are recommending changing the discs with the brake pads but I think I'll make a call then. My warranty will end at the 5th year so will decide if I want to extend before then or just start going to my FNG.
Great. The front pads on mine are in similar condition at 40k kms. They won't last till the next service after 10k but good for at least 5k kms. Rear were changed during the last service around 28k kms. I picked up the brake pads set and stocked it to have it changed whenever needed. My city doesn't have a VW centre yet so it made sense to stock and get it changed locally. Ross-tech cable is handy so moving the calipers is not an issue either.
Old 28th December 2023, 16:08   #1046
d.j
BHPian

Hi guys, we recently had a situation on our (Tdi), the car was with the driver during this time, so description is best he could explain and I could understand.

The incident happened twice on way and resolved within couple of minutes each time, the engine warning light flashed on dashboard and during this time the car would accelerate on its own without any throttle inputs, engine running on high RPM with lot of noise. In the end on arrival parking the triangle + exclamation sign too is gone.

It was Sunday and since no VW workshops were open we got the car parked at arrival point. we are away from home in a marriage and the nearest service station to this place was VW north which was about 2 kms from the place where the car was parked. Driver takes the car to the workshop and it arrives to them around 9:45 Am.

The service advisor did a test drive and according to him there in no fault, on phone I asked him to run a scan, he had his own explanation but I insisted, the driver called within few mins and said sir no problem, car is fine, I asked them to raise a Job card, which we paid as their bill (1700 + gst – 2006 rs) The final reply from them was bring back the car when you see or experience the same problem again.

now I have been there couple of times to the workshop by myself, although I wouldn’t be able to make a sharp time evaluations but this seemed too fast by natural reflexes one may see in such situation, also to my mind its primitive to say come back when the problem resurfaces!

This car is been used by wife as her daily ride, driven by driver and for all reasons I don’t want any neglect to safety or lack of communication to condition of the car as the car is still under warranty and this car is pretty tough when it enter the workshop, exhaustive by time and money.

Here I want to ask all fellow owners their experience, if any, hand on with a similar situation on Tiguan and experts on their opinion and technical outlook on what may have caused it.

Timeline context can be an efficient function so we skip that doubt that for meantime, but in simple shouldn’t they been able to find reason of what could have caused it, is short scan enough to evaluate the whole car ? especially when there aren’t any logs, else the triangle sign should have been stuck illuminated!.

Did the workshop cut short at any place ?

What would be your next step to find the fault ?.

Thanking each in advance!.

Regards/DJ
Old 6th February 2024, 13:50   #1047

Hello All

I own a Tiguan Highline (2019) which has completed 73,000 km. I am facing a persistent problem with my AC. This started in October 2023. I had sent it to the service centre. Initially the problem detected was the lack of gas and he had refilled it. Again, when the same problem occured, the service guy mentioned that the AC valve needed to be replaced and he placed an order from Germany. I ended up paying Rs. 25,000 in total for this. Once the vehicle came to me after the valve replacement in December, for the initial 1 month, I did not have any problem. Again, since the past week or so, in hot temperatures, there is absolutely no cooling whatsoever. In the night, the cooling is decent. Whenever the outside temperature increases, the cooling inside also diminishes! Being a loyal VW customer since 2011, I am fed up as the service team is not able to diagnose the issue. Have anyone faced the same issue? If so, any tips to handle the same?

TIA!
Old 6th February 2024, 14:57   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksvig View Post
Hello All

I own a Tiguan Highline (2019) which has completed 73,000 km. I am facing a persistent problem with my AC. This started in October 2023. I had sent it to the service centre. Initially the problem detected was the lack of gas and he had refilled it. Again, when the same problem occured, the service guy mentioned that the AC valve needed to be replaced and he placed an order from Germany. I ended up paying Rs. 25,000 in total for this. Once the vehicle came to me after the valve replacement in December, for the initial 1 month, I did not have any problem. Again, since the past week or so, in hot temperatures, there is absolutely no cooling whatsoever. In the night, the cooling is decent. Whenever the outside temperature increases, the cooling inside also diminishes! Being a loyal VW customer since 2011, I am fed up as the service team is not able to diagnose the issue. Have anyone faced the same issue? If so, any tips to handle the same?

TIA!
Isn't the valve covered under warranty? I think VW gives 7 years of warranty now.
Old 6th February 2024, 15:02   #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Isn't the valve covered under warranty? I think VW gives 7 years of warranty now.
Apparently no :( But in spite of the valve replacement, there is no rectification to the problem

Update:

Just visited the service centre now. There is no tangible improvement in the AC cooling. Service guy claims he did a software update and refilled the gas. Now he suggests that maybe there is a problem with the AC condenser and compressor and is suggesting the replacement of the entire AC unit. Don’t know if this is covered under warranty.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th February 2024 at 16:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 25th April 2024, 12:27   #1050
BHPian

Hi All,
Got my 6th Service (90k) done at 72.5k on the ODO. Normal service which includes , oil and filters + transmission oil (this is the 4motion drive oil which needs to be changed every 45k). Changed front brake pads for the first time at 72.5k although another 2-3k juice is left in them. As always with the VW batteries, battery had died when I was about to start the car in the morning to take it for service. I had an airport trip the previous night and no indication of it failing. Had to jump start and take it to the service centre and replaced with a new battery . The failed one was purchased in 2020 and so 4 years for a VW battery in my view is good. The new battery does not even show what brand it is, just says "VW group".
Was informed that the rear wiper and air care sensor(or air quality sensor -cant remember the correct word) needs to be changed. Informed them will do it some other time.

Tiggy is back after the service and is as smooth as day 1.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks