Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2023, 23:17   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Does anyone have any leads on stock tires for the Comfortline? Checked with 3 dealers in Bangalore (Madhus included) and there's no inventory even for order.
One of my tires tore yesterday and need a tire (or set) urgently.
Have you looked for other brands too? Would be easier to source and probably better quality too but you would want to change a pair if not the entire set.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 10:11   #1007
BHPian

Hello I see MRF 215/65 R17 Markus 99V tyres available for about 12K. On the net. Have not verified the details but comes with 5 years warranty. I am looking to replace my Pirrelli 5 year old tyres before I go on a long trip. So have been investigating.
Try Tyres and more. They claim to deliver and fit at home. Bangalore included.
Also Pirrelli s are available with them but costly and no guarantee.
Hope it helps. Do keep us posted
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-screenshot_20230625_100259_chrome.jpg  

Amukherjea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 10:24   #1008
BHPian

I have no commercial interest but own a Tiguan comfortline 2017 with about 47000 kms done.
Came with Hancooks. Got fed up with them as they were nail magnets. One side wall got torn so changed 2 with Pirrelli at Kolkata end 2019. They were almost 2 years old.
Came back to Mumbai and changed other two. Also 2 plus years old Pirellis.
Since then haven't had any tyre issues.
Now they are showing signs of age.
So planned replacement before trying all the new highways like bom nagpur/purvanchal etc
Old 25th June 2023, 11:57   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Folks who have driven both Highline and Comfortline, is there significant difference in the ride quality between the two?
I have been looking to make the ride quality on my Tiguan Allspace (which came with 235/55R18 tires) bit softer and the thought of swapping it with 17" rims keeps coming to my mind.
Old 26th June 2023, 21:21   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Have you looked for other brands too? Would be easier to source and probably better quality too but you would want to change a pair if not the entire set.
Yeah I was open to any brand. Not picky for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hello I see MRF 215/65 R17 Markus 99V tyres available for about 12K. On the net. Have not verified the details but comes with 5 years warranty. I am looking to replace my Pirrelli 5 year old tyres before I go on a long trip. So have been investigating.
Try Tyres and more. They claim to deliver and fit at home. Bangalore included.
Also Pirrelli s are available with them but costly and no guarantee.
Hope it helps. Do keep us posted
Thanks yes. I had spoken to my Chennai dealer and he recommended the same. Ordered through Madhus and put them on Friday. Thanks.

Good reviews it seems. Even some Kodiaqs are coming with them stock. Or so I was told.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:44   #1011

Done a couple of updates to my Tiguan 2018 2.L TDI Highline in the last month that I thought would share here :

1. Stage 1 Code 6 ECU & TCU remap + BMC Air filter
I think this is just a must for anyone with the 2.0L TDI. It feels like this is what it was meant to be from the factory. Engine noise has reduced alot! And it just feels so effortless now even daily driving. Gear changes also much more accurate. Got a couple of VCDS updates also done. Power increase is also very noticeable and enjoying the car alot more!

2. ATE Brake pads Front and Back.
This has improved the braking but still would like a bit more so have ordered Brembo drilled rotors for the front which should come in 2 weeks

3. CR70 tints all around

4. Aluminium pedals

5. Osram 55W Fog lamps (white leds) plug and play

6. Audible Physics Tandem Audio for all 8 speakers with door sound dampening

7. Gear knob with LED shift indicator

8. 3D Car mats - Not available for Tiguan so put the Kodiaq set. Front mats were pretty much an exact fit. Rear needed some cutting and adjustment. Still much better looking than the universal 3D mats I had previously

9 . Michelin Primacy 245/50 R18s on all 4 tyres. Comfort has improved over the previous Conti ContactSport5 and the wider stance looks good imo.

Cheers!
dsgalways is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 11:38   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgalways View Post
Done a couple of updates to my Tiguan 2018 2.L TDI Highline in the last month that I thought would share here :

6. Audible Physics Tandem Audio for all 8 speakers with door sound dampening
Could you please share some information on the speakers and cost please?
Were these also plug and play?

Also with regards to the remap, do you see the car smoking under hard acceleration or is it similar to stock?
Our remapped S Cross (Wolf) & Laura (ToT) were heavy smokers post remap to the extent I would feel guilty going heavy on the accelerator in traffic so as to not bathe the other road users in smoke.
Old 11th July 2023, 15:42   #1013

Quote:
Could you please share some information on the speakers and cost please?
Were these also plug and play?
The were the Audible Physics - Tandav OEM Speakers which came to ~65k for all 8 speakers with sound dampening. They are essentially plug and play with new mounts needed inside the doors but no major modifications and no wiring changes.

Quote:
Also with regards to the remap, do you see the car smoking under hard acceleration or is it similar to stock?
Our remapped S Cross (Wolf) & Laura (ToT) were heavy smokers post remap to the extent I would feel guilty going heavy on the accelerator in traffic so as to not bathe the other road users in smoke.
No smoke even on hard acceleration. This is a Stage 1 tune that actually feels more in sync and natural than stock Nothing too aggressive.
What stage and tune did you have on your cars ?
dsgalways is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 16:10   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No smoke even on hard acceleration. This is a Stage 1 tune that actually feels more in sync and natural than stock Nothing too aggressive.
What stage and tune did you have on your cars ?
Thank You!

I've found the Tiguan a little lacking for quick overtakes and the gearbox too wasn't the best. Given it was under warranty and mostly chauffeur driven I didn't bother much, but now that it sees a lot more expressway driving - I am giving it a serious thought!

On the S-Cross I have a wolf Stage 1+ map : I believe they have updated the same to make it smokeless which I plan to do.
On the Laura had the Tune-O-Tronics standard remap.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 14:43   #1015
BHPian

Quote:

1. Stage 1 Code 6 ECU & TCU remap + BMC Air filter
I think this is just a must for anyone with the 2.0L TDI. It feels like this is what it was meant to be from the factory. Engine noise has reduced alot! And it just feels so effortless now even daily driving. Gear changes also much more accurate.
Hello, fellow Tiguan owner from Bangalore. After driving around my remapped Jetta driving the Tiguan, I find a lot of disconnect with the car. Although the car is still under factory warranty, I'm thinking of getting it remapped just to bring the drivability on par with the Jetta.
If you don't mind sharing, did you consider any other tunes before getting Code-6'd. I've heard from fellow Jetta owners that Code-6 maps are a bit aggressive. Your insights would be of help. Thank you
Old 16th July 2023, 23:05   #1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, did you consider any other tunes before getting Code-6'd. I've heard from fellow Jetta owners that Code-6 maps are a bit aggressive. Your insights would be of help. Thank you
Not sure if I would be able to give you a fair comparison as I have only driven the stock 2.0L TDI and the 2.0L TSI versions of the Tiguan before getting mine remapped. I didn’t check any other tuners. I would not say it’s an aggressive remap since engine noise is down and no smoke on acceleration. Mileage seems to be lower over the last 2k kms since the remap but that probably coincides with the rains in blr and really bad traffic on my daily commute
Old 18th July 2023, 10:18   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Folks who have driven both Highline and Comfortline, is there significant difference in the ride quality between the two?
I have been looking to make the ride quality on my Tiguan Allspace (which came with 235/55R18 tires) bit softer and the thought of swapping it with 17" rims keeps coming to my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hello, fellow Tiguan owner from Bangalore. After driving around my remapped Jetta driving the Tiguan, I find a lot of disconnect with the car. Although the car is still under factory warranty, I'm thinking of getting it remapped just to bring the drivability on par with the Jetta.

Ive Code6'd my TDI. It was a great decision. It definitely is not too aggressive. No risk of black smoke or strain on the engine. It has really made the car a much better drive.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 08:17   #1018

Hi guys, looking for options to retrofit the rline lights projectors similar to those that came on the Tiguan All Space. Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-21d6cf1f3e734db78f39b6492c42722c.jpeg

Replacing the current LEDs
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-15dd9b4a8d014b828ca921d7efc745d8.jpeg

Has anyone done this and can share a contact ?

Also looking for options for the rline bumper kit including the body coloured side skirts.

TIA
Old 6th September 2023, 13:45   #1019
BHPian

Quote:

5. Osram 55W Fog lamps (white leds) plug and play

Cheers!
Hi DSG,

Where did you upgrade your Fog Lamps in Bangalore (and the cost, if possible)? Or did you DIY? I'm looking to upgrade mine. I've heard it really helps the early morning drives without adding external lights. Also, do the turning lights work properly still?

Thanks

Last edited by showboat : 6th September 2023 at 13:55.
Old 6th September 2023, 19:21   #1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Hi DSG,

Where did you upgrade your Fog Lamps in Bangalore (and the cost, if possible)? Or did you DIY? I'm looking to upgrade mine. I've heard it really helps the early morning drives without adding external lights. Also, do the turning lights work properly still?
Installed OSRAM lights at Pitstop in Kalyanagar.
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img7652.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img7651.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img7650.jpg

Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img7649.jpg

Paid around 8.5K if I remember correctly. It was a 10 min job.
The cornering functionality works fine with the fog lights turning on.
dsgalways is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks