Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:55   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Hi, Thank you. I will get in touch with service Manager. As tha SA had told me that it is only due at 6th year service, when I had asked him as I was handing the car in
Check out the VW Service Cost Calculator website : https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:28   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am surprised that they changed your gearbox oil at 3rd year service. So far as I am aware it is changed at 80000Km plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
As per VW Website, Tiguan gearbox oil is to be changed at 3 years / 45Kkm service.
Would advise getting it done, especially if you have extended warranty.

My SA advised of the same a few months ago when I sent the car for a general check up.
I think there is some confusion.

At the third service or 45000km what is recommended is Haldex oil change also called high performance fluid in VAG parlance.

DSG oil or transmission oil is scheduled for change at every fourth service or 60000km interval.
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:59   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I think there is some confusion.

At the third service or 45000km what is recommended is Haldex oil change also called high performance fluid in VAG parlance.

DSG oil or transmission oil is scheduled for change at every fourth service or 60000km interval.
You're right!
3year / 45K includes high performance transmission fluid which is what's causing the confusion.
4 year / 60K is Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid change which is pricier.

Thank you!
Old 24th August 2021, 12:32   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am surprised that they changed your gearbox oil at 3rd year service. So far as I am aware it is changed at 80000Km plus.

I just did end of 4 years service which would mean 60000Km when actually I have only done 35000Kms. I am attaching the bill. the total comes to about 24-25000Rs in Mumbai.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the invoice details. I have gone through the details again and they have changed the gear oil and charged for that. Additionally, I have asked them to do Wheel alignment and balancing. They have also charged me for EGR and Exhaust system removal and reinstall which according to them is required at 36K (which I doubt now). There is also minor stuff like AC disinfection and service plus (whatever it is worth).

I have also noticed that your service is under some B2B plan. Is it under a lease program? And finally, do you mind sharing the service centre you have used? They seem to be more reasonable guys than the Autobahn Mumbai.
Old 24th August 2021, 15:03   #890
BHPian

Hi, that B2B is bumper to bumper. I had purchased that plan about 3 years back from the dealer I had bought the car from.
It is an interesting story. I don't know if our forum rules permit commercial details.
Here goes
2017 July when the car came out I was very interested as I had driven a 15 model Tiguan abroad and had liked it.
The VW West showroom did not have it. Out of the blue I got a call from Vashi Autobahn offering a test drive anytime. So they came to Lokhandwala Andheri and I got an extended test drive.
The ride quality on those Lo profile tyres in the Hi-Line was not satisfactory. Also run flat tyres are definitely a bad idea if you drive away from big city limits.
I tried to to convince them to sell me the Hi-Line but with 17 in rims. I don't think anybody was clued up enough to make changes to the software. So they refused.
I bought the comfort line instead. Only thing I miss is the sunroof.
Was delivered the car in about 3 weeks but RTO would not register the car as they were confused on 2 things. 1. The accounting had changed to GST but original invoice from factory had sales tax.
2. The VW company name also changed from VW to Skoda-VW.
The car was delivered with a TC plate to my home and was not driven at all.
So it took about a month for the dealers to sort out with RTO Andheri and I finally got the registration.
This delay made the sales people very apologetic and they promised to give me some discount in any future transactions.
After a year later, when this comprehesive service contract by Autobahn Vashi was being offered to new car buyers only, I managed to get it for my 1.5 year old car for a hefty discount.
I had to use the Vashi workshop for 1 year. As this was a deal from Autobahn.
Then the service center at Ram Mandir Jogeshwari which I think was called Automark was also taken over by Autobahn. This was much closer to me, and since then I have been going there only.
I had issues about aircon gas leaks which was not repaired well at this workshop so I had to escalate the matter to VW and MD Autobahn.
Now it works well, and I have been happy with the service at Ram Mandir Autobahn.
And they have not tried to sell me unnecessary service or accessories.
Hope that clarifies.
Amukherjea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 15:44   #891
BHPian

Hi, that B2B is bumper to bumper. I had purchased that plan about 3 years back from the dealer. I had worked out then the standard cost and it was little cheaper. But I think all the xtrawork done due aircon problems and also wheel sensor change etc. It was value for money.

Last edited by Amukherjea : 24th August 2021 at 15:48. Reason: Duplicated
Old 26th August 2021, 19:35   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
[*]Exhaust Chrome Tips
[
Hi

I needed a help with the exhaust chrome tips. Recently i had ordered the same from a VW dealership with part no.
000071913A CH9.

The part that has been delivered to me bears part no. 5C1071910 which is engraved on the chrome tips itself. However, the box bears the part number that i had requested for (After confirming from the brochure).

I tried installing them and it wasn't a perfect fit either.

Could you confirm what is the part number you got. A close up photo of the same would be really helpful to gauge the fit.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_20210826_182428.jpg  

Old 29th August 2021, 11:45   #893
BHPian

Quick update from me TBHPians as I have been bothering this thread a lot.

Finally after waiting for a long time for the new Tiguan to launch, I went ahead and booked a car which was not even in my consideration forget shortlist.

Recently, my office decided to partially start working from office which would make it mandatory for me get a car at the earliest (I sold my XUV in Jan and have been pushing the decision of purchase since then). With no confirmed news on Tiguan launch and if it being a CBU/CKD, and due to the rumor/probability of this being over 40lacs onroad inclusive of extended warranty and Service package, just makes it beyond my stretched budget of 38 lacs.

The only other alternative was Superb (every other car was already dropped for some or other reason) and I almost closed it at a really good price, but somehow at the very last minute ended up taking a TD of a car that I had ignored all this while- "T-Roc" and I don't know what happened but it just felt right and I ended up booking it .

Please don't ask me the reason why and I can understand people questioning my logic here, since it's not even in same segment, unnecessarily expensive for what it offers, lacks features that are now common in almost all cars in a segment below it and I do feel it should have at least offered cruise control if not anything else. There is simply no logic or justifiable reason that I could offer to the enthusiastic and knowledgeable community.

Somehow, I ended up with my heart over my mind (of course this was after my first love "Tiguan" was not in consideration). I feel, this may be due to how much it reminds me of my first generation VW Polo, but still unsure

I shall get delivery around the first/second week of September and I shall keep you all posted on T-Roc thread.
cloudno19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 16:14   #894
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2021 at 08:11.
sreddyhere is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2021, 16:54   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
Recently, my office decided to partially start working from office which would make it mandatory for me get a car at the earliest (I sold my XUV in Jan and have been pushing the decision of purchase since then). With no confirmed news on Tiguan launch and if it being a CBU/CKD, and due to the rumor/probability of this being over 40lacs onroad inclusive of extended warranty and Service package, just makes it beyond my stretched budget of 38 lacs.

The only other alternative was Superb (every other car was already dropped for some or other reason) and I almost closed it at a really good price, but somehow at the very last minute ended up taking a TD of a car that I had ignored all this while- "T-Roc" and I don't know what happened but it just felt right and I ended up booking it .

I shall get delivery around the first/second week of September and I shall keep you all posted on T-Roc thread.
Congratulations!

The Tiguan 5 seater 2.0TFSi will most likely be a CBU, with expected pricing around 38L-40L given they would attract 20% RTO tax. Looking at how VW is acting, I think it would be a good 30-60 days more before launch and deliveries begin.

Just a thought, have you considered the A4? A member picked up one at Rs. 39L OTR Mumbai.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:34   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!
Just a thought, have you considered the A4? A member picked up one at Rs. 39L OTR Mumbai.
Thanks for sharing info on Tiguan, only reaffirms my decision of going ahead with purchase of T-Roc. For some odd reason, demand for T-Roc suddenly spiked and my dealer sold about 17 this Aug (4 by my SA himself) and they are soon going to be running out of stock. As per dealer, only some units of white are left with them and possibly most other dealers in country have already run out of stock and Pune dealer is the one who is supporting dealers in Bangalore and Kolhapur for any orders.

Now coming to your question, My best option after Tiguan (and my mind still thinks that was the best) was Skoda Superb. With the discounts I negotiated I was getting a lot more car for my bucks, anyone in market do consider that and negotiate hard, really hard (Tip: move the negotiation period to around 24-25th of the month). In my case, and apologies for repeating myself somehow heart just wanted a large sized polo/Golf and was in peace with T-Roc

I did not consider big 3 at all, as somehow I still consider myself middle class and I don't think at this point I will be able to afford to maintain those given what I have read on this forum. Maybe the next one, but the chances are by that time I will be considering EVs (hopefully) and in my budget I might need to settle for brands like these only, though you never say never
cloudno19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:12   #897
BHPian

Michelin now has 235/55 R18 in Primacy 4 and Latitude Sports 3. This is the Highline tyre size. Has anyone tried these?

I have used Pilot Sports on other cars and loved it.

Should I go with Hankook or switch to Michelin Primacy 4?
Old 21st September 2021, 20:40   #898
BHPian

Quote:
You're right!
3year / 45K includes high performance transmission fluid which is what's causing the confusion.
4 year / 60K is Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid change which is pricier.

Thank you!
Hello All:

Just thought I share the details of the work carried out + invoice amount for the third year service of Tiguan. Please note that I had taken up a SVP last year for 2 years for 38,999. The service tasks carried out is as mentioned by VW in their website barring one item - Axle Oil which costs around 2 K. I checked with the SA a few times on why they are doing something which is not mentioned in the website. However, the SA was of the opinion that it is needed and they have been doing this since years . Anyway I didn't want argue too much. All in all the total cost for me was around 30 K (if I take into account the amount paid for SVP)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Inv_3rd_Serv_Tiguan.pdf (212.4 KB, 260 views)
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 01:32   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Michelin now has 235/55 R18 in Primacy 4 and Latitude Sports 3. This is the Highline tyre size. Has anyone tried these?

I have used Pilot Sports on other cars and loved it.

Should I go with Hankook or switch to Michelin Primacy 4?
I am sure it's the Michelin India website that has got you excited!

I was in the same boat few days back and dropped a query on the website regarding the availability of these options in this particular size. The customer care representative confirmed that this size is not available yet in India.

I think you would also have the option of Continental sport contact 5 in this size as VW offered it in Allspace along with Hankooks.

But Michelin continues to elude!
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:13   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I am sure it's the Michelin India website that has got you excited!

But Michelin continues to elude!
You are right, I saw it on Michelin website. I suspected the same as it was not listed in any of the tyre shop's websites.

Thanks for the additional info.

Quote for Hankook was 24k per tyre. Do you know how much is Continental sport contact 5?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks