Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 21:10   #916
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
I think if you are going for 235 section tires then it should be 235X60XR17 instead of 235X65XR17. 235X60XR17 is the best upsize for Tiguan Comfortline. I couldn't get that and I went for 225X65XR17 which was the next best.
Sorry, thank you for the correction. I know that you and some one else in the forum have opted Pirelli, I will keep this in mind while exploring.

Any pointers for alternatives other than Pirelli, Michelin, Continental. How about Bridgestone?
Old 7th December 2021, 14:35   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Sorry, thank you for the correction. I know that you and some one else in the forum have opted Pirelli, I will keep this in mind while exploring.

Any pointers for alternatives other than Pirelli, Michelin, Continental. How about Bridgestone?
I went ahead with one pair of Bridgestone Tarunza T001, with 225/60/R17, which was best nearest size available for my other pair which is stock Hankook 215/65/R17.

There are very limited options out in market esp with shortage of imported tyres and more importantly because of this odd size of Hankook, for which I was searching a match.

Thank you Raz for guiding me and helping out!!
Old 12th December 2021, 20:33   #918
BHPian

Has anyone changed their seat covers or redone their seats? I'm exploring that option and would like to hear experiences from folks here, in case they have done this. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2021, 18:35   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post

i love a really good sound system so i think adding an active woofer would surely be one.

thanks
Friends, if any of you added a subwoofer to your Tiguan, please update here or PM me.

Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:55   #920
Senior - BHPian

LHD Korean-market Volkswagen Tiguan scores second-to-worst 4th grade rating in Korea NCAP tests.

The car scored 1 star for adult protection, 4 stars for vulnerable road users and 3 stars for safety assist.

The car scored 0.00 out of 16 in the front full-width test like the related Volkswagen Jetta, since the rear-seat passenger's head and chest showed poor protection.

Last edited by ron178 : 21st December 2021 at 12:00.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 13:16   #921
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Korean revenge for the poor ratings for Seltos / Creta Tiguan is a 5 star rated by GNCAP and double rated LNCAP car. https://www.globalncap.org/news/volk...hes-four-stars
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 19:03   #922
rpm
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Looks like the Korean revenge for the poor ratings for Seltos / Creta Tiguan is a 5 star rated by GNCAP and double rated LNCAP car. https://www.globalncap.org/news/volk...hes-four-stars
Slight correction, GNCAP hasn’t issued a rating for the Tiguan (while Latin NCAP has issued a 5-star rating in 2019). Though GNCAP is listed as a sponsor under Latin NCAP’s about page, I don’t think it would be reasonable to say that a Latin NCAP rating is equivalent or can be extended to a GNCAP rating and vice versa. That said, Euro NCAP and ANCAP have issued ratings for VW Tiguan way back in 2016, both of them being 5-star. Although it is important to note that there appear to be some differences in protocol between KNCAP and Euro NCAP/ANCAP, the most important one being the difference in the speed at which full width frontal rigid barrier test is conducted, which probably contributed to the poor rating.

KNCAP tests for full width frontal rigid barrier at a higher speed of 56 km/h, compared to Euro NCAP and ANCAP’s 50 km/h. Seeing that the Jetta and Tiguan both got 0 points in the full width frontal rigid barrier test (as pointed out by BHPian ron178 along with the reason), it is possible that the higher test speed played spoilsport. There could be a number of other reasons as well, like differences in restraints or car structures altogether, but nothing conclusive can be said about them, so I’ll just highlight the difference in speed (which is certain).

Another thing to note is that neither Latin NCAP, nor GNCAP tests for full width frontal rigid barrier test, so getting a 5-star in these tests almost proves next to nothing about the poor result in KNCAP, because the source of the problem (for the overall poor rating) seems to be the full width frontal rigid barrier test, at least for the Tiguan. For Jetta, the 1-star safety assist might also have contributed in addition to the poor full width frontal rigid barrier result for an overall poor rating. However, for poor occupant protection, full width frontal rigid barrier definitely seems to be the major contributor on both of them.

Last edited by rpm : 21st December 2021 at 19:30.
rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 11:46   #923
BHPian

Hello

Wanted to check if any of the Tiguan owners here have been recommended a DSG oil top up at their second annual service.

This job is not reflected in the online service cost calculator on VW website but my SA at Lucknow centre tells me that his system mentions the same and the job card would have to be opened as per what their in-house system says.

I have asked him to seek clarification on this apparent discrepancy but for two weeks they have not cared to respond.

Also, the website mentions diesel fuel additive but that's not there on his system. And neither do they have dsg oil or fuel additive in stock!

So basically, unless they have clarity on the jobs they have to carry out they won't order the fluids also and my car has to wait till the lazy chaps at Lucknow wake up and act. In the meantime, my car is already over the one year mark since last service and is due for service. Wonder what happens to the strict warranty terms!
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:01   #924
BHPian

No, the 3rd service has the haldex coupling oil change and then 4th one has dual clutch transmission oil and brake fluid change, except the regular service of course. I was never told to top up anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Wanted to check if any of the Tiguan owners here have been recommended a DSG oil top up at their second annual service.
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:12   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
No, the 3rd service has the haldex coupling oil change and then 4th one has dual clutch transmission oil and brake fluid change, except the regular service of course. I was never told to top up anything.
The brake fluid chance is every second year probably.

And yes, regarding the Haldex and DSG, that is what the schedule says. I don't know why this utter confusion is being created.
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:08   #926
BHPian

My Tiguan has just completed 3 years and 16000 km. I had no major problems till now. About 2 weeks back, it suddenly started throwing up multiple error codes for ABS, HILL HOLD, etc. Called up the local service manager, who promptly diagnosed it as ABS sensor problem from just the complaints. They said they need to order the sensors as it is not in stock. Today, I took the car and has left it overnight at the service centre for the necessary repairs. They called me in the evening and said that they have run a scan and identified the right back sensor to be at fault and would change it under warranty.

I am hearing a lot of stories about Sensor problems for vento, but not for Tiguan. How common are these. Are the sensors in Tiguan different from the one they use in Vento. They are refusing to change the other three sensors and will change only the damaged one under warranty. Should I push or pay out of pocket to change the other sensors. Peace of mind is very important for me. I don’t want to travel somewhere and get suddenly stranded due to some sensor fault, which takes 2 weeks to be procured.

And finally, why do the warnings only come intermittently. I have been using my car in the last 2 weeks as per VW advice. And the warning comes less than 20% of the time.
Sree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:13   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree View Post
They are refusing to change the other three sensors and will change only the damaged one under warranty. Should I push or pay out of pocket to change the other sensors. Peace of mind is very important for me. I don’t want to travel somewhere and get suddenly stranded due to some sensor fault, which takes 2 weeks to be procured.
The ABS sensor going kaput seems to be a fairly common trait on the Germans : our ex-Laura and F30 3 series both have had the ABS sensors acting up (though number of issues are reducing).
Generally they will only change the damaged sensor and it doesn't make sense to pay out of pocket for the other sensors : I'd rather wait for it to go kaput and if needed get it changed at a reputed independent garage who may be able to source the part more efficiently in case VW doesn't have the parts in stock.

I also wouldn't worry about the reliability of the car due to these sensors: it is still drivable but one just has to be more careful : avoid hard acceleration, braking, etc.

That being said, it is worrying that VW doesn't seem to have such relatively routine parts in stock.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:55   #928
BHPian

Quote:
My Tiguan has just completed 3 years and 16000 km. I had no major problems till now. About 2 weeks back, it suddenly started throwing up multiple error codes for ABS, HILL HOLD, etc. .
My car is 3.5 yrs old and some mileage as yours. So far I have changed two ABS sensors and the battery under warranty. I think ABS sensor failures are pretty common.
AjiGTI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 06:57   #929
BHPian

Hello all,
Regarding the ABS sensor.
My Tiguan is 4 and half years old about 36000km done. First time this problem happened was at 2 and half years. It was front left. Changed under warranty. Took 1 day.
Second time was at 4 years 2 months. Found the sensor over the counter at Gurgaon. Changed by local mech. It takes one size 10/11 spanner and about 5 mins. This was rear right.
I have had this issue in Yeti at about 4th year of ownership. Did not take more than a day or two.
Point to remember is that the car is absolutely driveable. Only these caution lights disturb you.
The technique is to treat the car as an old M800 or even a old Safari. No protections that's all.
If you are a racing fan then plan for longer stopping distance.
No need to change other sensors.
It's available on Amazon. Or other car part sites.
Regards
Amukherjea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:57   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am hearing a lot of stories about Sensor problems for vento, but not for Tiguan. How common are these. Are the sensors in Tiguan different from the one they use in Vento. They are refusing to change the other three sensors and will change only the damaged one under warranty. Should I push or pay out of pocket to change the other sensors. Peace of mind is very important for me. I don’t want to travel somewhere and get suddenly stranded due to some sensor fault, which takes 2 weeks to be procured.
Suggest not to change other 3 unless any issues. Sensor problem was more in old VAG’s, believe it’s fixed to a large extent. Say in my case of 2016 Octavia, only in last October the rear sensor went kaput (first and only one). And I sourced it from FNG in one day and costed only 3k including fitment - was some European brand.
Also the error messages are intermittent and you can definitely drive, albeit not fast like normal.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks