Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 21:37   #421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Interesting - I should check this out. Is there a button to activate / deactivate this?
It is under 'Parking and maneuvering settings'. Manoeuvre braking, I read somewhere saying that it works under reverse. Image below
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_7937.jpg  

raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:03   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
It is under 'Parking and maneuvering settings'. Manoeuvre braking, I read somewhere saying that it works under reverse.
It doesn't just work under reverse, at least not so in our Octavia L&K. The car slammed the brakes hard twice while in heavy but slow moving traffic since both times there were bikes trying to do mad overtaking stunts by getting too close to the car.

I have a feeling that it probably works when the park pilot system is active, which can be one of three ways:

1. You are reversing the car, and the park pilot system is turned on automatically.
2. When the car's speed is below 15 KMPH and the car senses obstacles too close to it and automatically turns on the park pilot system
3. When the car's speed is below 15 KMPH and you manually enable the park pilot system using the provided button.
VivekCherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:07   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
It doesn't just work under reverse, at least not so in our Octavia L&K. T
=====
3. When the car's speed is below 15 KMPH and you manually enable the park pilot system using the provided button.
Yes, I think you are right. Didn't have the guts to check it out and see if it indeed does this consistently
Old 17th October 2019, 10:00   #424
BHPian

I booked the Comfortine in Tungsten Silver on Monday. Should get delivery next week, but may take it after Diwali.

I came across this camera on AliExpress. https://*******.com/y2cdhwts

Does anyone have any experience with a wireless reverse camera? Since it won't require any wiring or opening any panels it may be a painless (and cheap) way to get the reverse camera up and running.
Old 17th October 2019, 10:53   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I booked the Comfortine in Tungsten Silver on Monday. Should get delivery next week, but may take it after Diwali.

I came across this camera on AliExpress. https://*******.com/y2cdhwts

Does anyone have any experience with a wireless reverse camera? Since it won't require any wiring or opening any panels it may be a painless (and cheap) way to get the reverse camera up and running.
The link does not work. Can you post it again. Also what deal did you get on the comfortline.
Old 17th October 2019, 11:07   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The link does not work. Can you post it again. Also what deal did you get on the comfortline.
Chennai is about 4 off without loyalty or exchange bonus. If you qualify for both of those thats another 1.1 off.

Oh sorry. I'll try the link again.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1195...chweb201603_55
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 14:40   #427

hello folks,

just bought the tiguan comfortline 2 days ago in mumbai.
will be receiving the car delivery in a few days, managed to get the blue colour (apparently the last one in stock in the city)

i was just wondering if there are any custom DIY recommendations from users worth looking at on the car.

i love a really good sound system so i think adding an active woofer would surely be one.

thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 15:17   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner21 View Post
hello folks

just bought the tiguan comfortline 2 days ago in mumbai.
will be receiving the car delivery in a few days, managed to get the blue colour (apparently the last one in stock in the city)

i was just wondering if there are any custom DIY recommendations from users worth looking at on the car.

i love a really good sound system so i think adding an active woofer would surely be one.

thanks
Congrats! and double congrats on getting the blue color. I was told it sold out last week, so you probably did get the last one from the factory.

Can you do me a favor? After you get delivery can you confirm whether or not there is a reverse camera on it? This seems to the biggest mystery of the last few months.
Old 18th October 2019, 09:27   #429
BHPian

Congrats @showboat & @gunner21 on your purchase of Tiguan Comfortline. Hope you have many miles of enjoyable driving. It's an impressive car and am sure will keep you happy for long
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 11:42   #430
BHPian

Quote:
After you get delivery can you confirm whether or not there is a reverse camera on it? This seems to the biggest mystery of the last few months.
Saw a new comfortline getting delivered yesterday, it didnt have the reverse camera.
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 16:55   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Saw a new comfortline getting delivered yesterday, it didnt have the reverse camera.
Well that sucks. But I guess the suspense is over. Thank you very much.

I spoke to vagtune in Kochi. They have both versions of the OEM camera. The regular one is around 28k, and the one with the inbuilt washer is 38k. If anyone is interested maybe we can negotiate a bulk deal.
Old 18th October 2019, 19:42   #432
BHPian

Checked a newly delivered Comfortline in Chennai. No camera. So I think that confirms it.
Old 18th October 2019, 20:06   #433
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to vagtune in Kochi. They have both versions of the OEM camera. The regular one is around 28k, and the one with the inbuilt washer is 38k. If anyone is interested maybe we can negotiate a bulk deal.
For me issue is the warranty getting void if we install the camera. I checked with multiple dealers and everyone had the same answer for installing the reverse camera for the Comfortline. I personally think it is too big a risk to take given the reliability issues of VAG cars. Also, after having used the car for 11 months without the camera I'm kind of in a less frustrated state than before on not having such a basic feature in a car that's priced at 30 Lacs plus.
Old 18th October 2019, 20:57   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
For me issue is the warranty getting void if we install the camera. I checked with multiple dealers and everyone had the same answer for installing the reverse camera.
Some dealers staffs with less knowledge blindly says it’s possible though, so the confusion!

Yes, I too concluded today that, many dealers are saying there is no OEM cameras. VW India website doesn’t list it for that matter! Going with anything else would void warranty.

I agree that, we enthusiasts when enjoy the car, we forget this limit and get used to it.
Old 18th October 2019, 22:51   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Well that sucks. But I guess the suspense is over. Thank you very much.

I found a thread here (Premium car modifications : VAGTune (Cochin)) from the forum, wrt Vagtune. With the mixed opinions on that thread, and VW being not reliable, i am going away from any mods within warranty period.

Last edited by lokii_83 : 18th October 2019 at 22:52.
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks