Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 14:10   #436
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Hey Team-

Finally booked Tiguan CL, Tungsten Silver.
It’s a dream car since it’s launch in India, finally ending with this! Delivery expected within 10 days.

Discount wise looks like I got almost similar discounts as that of last few bookings mentioned here. Opted out my swift as exchange, which helped exchange bonus, no loyalty bonus though. Please PM me for exact details.

I was told that now Silver sold out, today alone my dealer booked 2, rest 3 from Mumbai!

I would like to thank every Bhpian especially Tiguan/Jetta/Octavia owners here for making my decision easy.

Special thanks to, SakthiSarangi, Showboat, raz0405 for their ontime inputs which made decision easy

Look forward for the delivery and join the Tiguan club!

Last edited by lokii_83 : 21st October 2019 at 14:13.
lokii_83 is offline  
Old 21st October 2019, 15:30   #437
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Hey Team-

Finally booked Tiguan CL, Tungsten Silver.
Itís a dream car since itís launch in India, finally ending with this! Delivery expected within 10 days.

I was told that now Silver sold out, today alone my dealer booked 2, rest 3 from Mumbai!
Congrats Lokesh! Silver and blue are the best colors so good job getting it before it ran out.

My dealer has also mentioned that white has limited kits left to. So that may mean less than 10 or so. Seems the corporate discounting is helping move pieces. I feel there is a push from corporate to dealers to get the inventory cleared so they can prepare for BS6. The rate they have sold has been very impressive the last few weeks.
showboat is offline  
Old 21st October 2019, 15:38   #438
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Hey Team-

Finally booked Tiguan CL, Tungsten Silver.
It’s a dream car since it’s launch in India, finally ending with this! Delivery expected within 10 days.

Discount wise looks like I got almost similar discounts as that of last few bookings mentioned here. Opted out my swift as exchange, which helped exchange bonus, no loyalty bonus though. Please PM me for exact details.
Welcome to the club lokii. Wish you many happy miles in the Tiguan. You got it from the right showroom. Felt they were (specially Jayashankar) the best sales team in Bangalore. Not so sure about their service center. It's not bad but felt PPS guys were a bit better. Please check back when you are due for your first paid service. I may have some inputs on the best place to take your car to.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th October 2019 at 01:37. Reason: Trimming quoted post
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 16:12   #439
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Welcome to the club lokii. Wish you many happy miles in the Tiguan. You got it from the right showroom. Felt they were (specially Jayashankar) the best sales team in Bangalore. Not so sure about their service center. It's not bad but felt PPS guys were a bit better. Please check back when you are due for your first paid service. I may have some inputs on the best place to take your car to.

Hi Raz, I'd be interested in hearing about which service center is good in Bangalore as ill be doing most of my services here. Apple Auto in Whitefield is the closest to me.

Also got my VIN for my car, its a May 2019 manufactured. Does that seem about right? I'm assuming that's when the kit was manufactured. So assembly would have been after that?
showboat is offline  
Old 21st October 2019, 16:30   #440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Hi Raz, I'd be interested in hearing about which service center is good in Bangalore as ill be doing most of my services here. Apple Auto in Whitefield is the closest to me.

Also got my VIN for my car, its a May 2019 manufactured. Does that seem about right? I'm assuming that's when the kit was manufactured. So assembly would have been after that?
I haven't tried Apple Auto yet. Heard they are good too. I gave my car for service at PPS Motors as the booking process was seamless and they were prompt. I took my car myself and sat with the SA and went through everything they would be doing etc., They were not averse to the customer's presence in the service center and also allowed me to check the service proceedings in between.

I am not too sure whether the assembly happens after the VIN is issued/generated. Guess is that the assembly would have happened recently as I have seen some numbers of Tiguan getting sold post July. Dealers were told that the 2019 stocks will only reach them end of June in Bangalore. So I guess the car would have been assembled in the last 2 months.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 23:19   #441
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Hey Team-

Finally booked Tiguan CL, Tungsten Silver.
Itís a dream car since itís launch in India, finally ending with this! Delivery expected within 10 days.
There is a twist in the story now. Dealer claims Silver sold out. As per him now only white available and forced me to pick white

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Please check back when you are due for your first paid service. I may have some inputs on the best place to take your car to.
Thanks Raz! I will definitely in touch with you and other folks here in Bangalore. Thank you!
lokii_83 is offline  
Old 22nd October 2019, 05:47   #442
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Actually white is not bad. I have a white Tiguan. I somehow feel white looks bigger than the other colours when you see on the road. And the Oryx white of Tiguan actually costs higher than other colours in Europe
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:17   #443
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

I am contemplating buying a 5 seat urban SUV to replace our 65K Vento TSI.
I am considering the Tiguan and X1. I will also consider the CRV and yet to launch Tucson.
Our car will mostly be driven in Mumbai and by driver.
VPJ74 is offline  
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:24   #444
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 284
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I am contemplating buying a 5 seat urban SUV to replace our 65K Vento TSI.
I am considering the Tiguan and X1. I will also consider the CRV and yet to launch Tucson.
Our car will mostly be driven in Mumbai and by driver.
Honestly, don't keep your hopes on the Tucson, there's no word on it and you won't hear anything until February at least.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:35   #445
Senior - BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,218
Thanked: 1,693 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I am contemplating buying a 5 seat urban SUV to replace our 65K Vento TSI.
I am considering the Tiguan and X1. I will also consider the CRV and yet to launch Tucson.
Our car will mostly be driven in Mumbai and by driver.
X1 will be a strict 4 seater, but a good car to own especially if driven by a chauffeur. However, the back seat is quite low and doesn't give you that feel of getting in to a high SUV. Tucson and CRV too, make more sense in urban conditions and to be driven by a chauffeur. IMO you should save the money and get a petrol top end Tucson or CRV. They're both super comfortable cars. There are huge benefits on these two cars and deal will always be sweetened come December. Doesn't make sense to wait for the facelift Tucson as the discounts will go away once the new model is launched.

If you have the time, wait for new SUVs coming from Skoda namely Karoq and Kamiq. I have a feeling they'll be a super hit in India. Also on the cards is the Kia Sportage, should be here early 2020. I really like the look of that car, much better looking than the Tucson, and will always offer more VFM than the Hyundai counterpart.

Another out of the box option for you would be the Hyundai Kona. Perfect for urban driving and damn cheap to run. The GOI just ordered about 3000 some units?
adi_petrolhead is online now  
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:10   #446
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
IMO you should save the money and get a petrol top end Tucson or CRV.
The current offers actually make the X1 cheaper than the CRV. And that's the only reason I might consider the X1. 40L OTR is way out of budget for our usage.

Quote:
you have the time, wait for new SUVs coming from Skoda namely Karoq and Kamiq. I have a feeling they'll be a super hit in India. Also on the cards is the Kia Sportage, should be here early 2020.
No one really knows when these cars will be available on road

Quote:
Hyundai Kona. Perfect for urban driving and damn cheap to run. The GOI just ordered about 3000 some units?
How does one charge it???
VPJ74 is offline  
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:05   #447
Senior - BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,218
Thanked: 1,693 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
The current offers actually make the X1 cheaper than the CRV. And that's the only reason I might consider the X1. 40L OTR is way out of budget for our usage.
No one really knows when these cars will be available on road.
How does one charge it???
If that's the deal you're getting with an X1 it must be for the Expedition trim? Its a good car, you can go for it provided you're okay with the back seat. Nowadays they are also offering BMW cars with 5 year complimentary warranty and service packages, so should be stress free to own.

Well these new breed of cars should be here by Q1 2020. May be not worth the wait for you as you already have a good deal on X1.

Hyundai provides an AC home charger, I guess you charge it overnight. Many IOCL pumps will also start featuring DC Fast chargers across metro cities. Full charge gives the Kona a 450+ km range.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:30   #448
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
The current offers actually make the X1 cheaper than the CRV. And that's the only reason I might consider the X1. 40L OTR is way out of budget for our usage.

No one really knows when these cars will be available on road

How does one charge it???
The X1 is a great car and engine and if you're getting it at that low of price its a great deal too. You mentioned that you will be using a chauffeur mostly. Its not the most comfortable in the rear and if you're not going to be driving it much the engine will be overkill. But you do get the badge. Service will be more expensive than say a Honda but not much more than something like a Tiguan or Kodiaq.

Did you look at the Kodiaq? It's pretty good as a driver driven or chauffeur driven. But considering your getting the X1 around that price also it may still be better choice.

With EVs its prob only an option to charge at home right now. They provide a charger and will help get it installed. You do need to make sure your electrical line is able to handle the load otherwise you will need to upgrade with your EB office. Infrastructure is being built to do rapid charging and hopefully itll be more widspread by next year. Some malls and hotels already do have chargers too.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:59   #449
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 120
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

There are offers of around 29-30L exShowroom for X1 s20d xLine. I am not sure what the offers on CRV look like currently. Still the limited back seat space is an issue as we have a 3 year old.


Kodiaq is ruled out because it's a 7 seater. I am secretly admitting that wifey and I don't love Skoda much but it's a bias i agree.

In Mumbai there is talk about making 20% parking space of societies into charging stations. I feel that right now only the early adopters, 2nd car wallahs and maybe fleet owners might jump to EV. Its in the future for us .. but near future .
VPJ74 is offline  
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:33   #450
BHPian
 
showboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
There are offers of around 29-30L exShowroom for X1 s20d xLine. I am not sure what the offers on CRV look like currently. Still the limited back seat space is an issue as we have a 3 year old.


Kodiaq is ruled out because it's a 7 seater. I am secretly admitting that wifey and I don't love Skoda much but it's a bias i agree.

In Mumbai there is talk about making 20% parking space of societies into charging stations. I feel that right now only the early adopters, 2nd car wallahs and maybe fleet owners might jump to EV. Its in the future for us .. but near future .
Pretty great price on X1. The X1 is not small. More than engouh for a young child sitting between you.

The Kodiaq is only 20cm longer than the Tiguan and that means prob only 20cm longer than the X1, so not a big car. The third row is quite useless. But if you dont like Skoda then its tough to get over that. Maybe do a test drive and then exclude it.
showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks