Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 22:07   #466
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0405 View Post
Awesome!!! Yes, the car masks speed like anything.

Yeah, I am lucky that I don't have to deal with this .
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
I am sure there would be hacks to decode and disable this beep in the near future. it is an issue across the spectrum and needs to be addressed to enjoy the drive IMHO.
I think i misunderstood the beeping to just be a 3-5 second thing like it is in Dubai etc. I never realized it is continuous. I know a few people who are rethinking buying a new car

Hopefully, a realistic compromise can be found in the future. I will definitely check out the modding arena.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2019 at 18:53. Reason: Spacing.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:39   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
Mine will be ready for the delivery by this weekend!
Had a chance to see the car at stockyard and can’t wait to get it to hand.

We will keep you updated on initial feel of it!

Anyone did PPF or coating sort of? Can you share more details on it?
Wonderful lokii_83!!!

I had got the PPF done from 3M when I bought the car last year. It is expensive if you do the whole car or say the whole bumpers etc., What I did is got the bumper edges around 2 feet by 2 feet and door sill, door edges and behind the door handle. Doing PPF does save your car from getting minor scratches. Once someone damaged my car in the parking lot at Garuda Mall and the PPF saved the car. Just got some minor scratches.

I found another place (local) in JP Nagar who does the PPF at a lower cost then 3M using the same or better materials. I replaced the scratched piece of the PPF there. I can share the details if you are interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Hopefully, a realistic compromise can be found in the future. I will definitely check out the modding arena.
You can surely remove the beep. It's software induced and can be removed. Request the service guys to do it, if they don't then you can find someone outside. PM me if you need help to find someone outside.

I remember the SA from KIA told us they can remove the beep during the first service if we don't want to hear the annoying beep when I test drove the KIA Seltos for my Brother In Law.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2019 at 10:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 09:53   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found another place (local) in JP Nagar who does the PPF at a lower cost then 3M using the same or better materials. I replaced the scratched piece of the PPF there. I can share the details if you are interested
Can you please share the details of this place in JP Nagar which you are referring to? Will be helpful for people staying in the area. What other services do they provide - basic cleaning, waxing etc?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 11:51   #469
BHPian

Audible speed alerts are mandatory and also the law now. Last year more than 400 people died on our roads every day!

Given the higher standard we in this forum hold ourselves to, encouraging or suggesting hacks to bypass this alert would be facetious.

Think of the early years of seatbelts or airbags.
VPJ74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 13:18   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Can you please share the details of this place in JP Nagar which you are referring to? Will be helpful for people staying in the area. What other services do they provide - basic cleaning, waxing etc?
It's called OneSV Car Care (use google maps). They do wash (pretty good), 3 step polishing (similar to 3M) and additional accessories stuff etc., I got a 7D floor mat for my Tiguan from them.
raz0405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 22:07   #471
BHPian

Managed to get a quick pic in. Will be taking the car for the 1000km check next Monday. Then a quick 3 day trip to Mysore to see the zoo. Should get a good feel for the engine in all conditions by then. Heavy Bangalore traffic, medium traffic, Mysore highway (your call on that chaos), and some free flowing highway runs. On a couple short city runs got 11.5kml. I used to get 5.2kpl in my Endy in the same runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review-img_20191105_16034601032.jpeg  

showboat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 08:50   #472
BHPian

Car looks awesome @showboat.
One thing you can't complain in the Tiguan is the FE. Enjoy your drive.
raz0405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:23   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Managed to get a quick pic in. Will be taking the car for the 1000km check next Monday. Then a quick 3 day trip to Mysore to see the zoo. Should get a good feel for the engine in all conditions by then. Heavy Bangalore traffic, medium traffic, Mysore highway (your call on that chaos), and some free flowing highway runs. On a couple short city runs got 11.5kml. I used to get 5.2kpl in my Endy in the same runs.
Congrats on your new Tiggy. Color looks stunning under sun.
No issues with the FE . I regulary get around 19-20Km/l on highways and around 14 in city. All the best .
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:45   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! The car looks superb! Our Tiguan is the same silver shade as well, and it is my pick along with the blue.
FE seems about right and it will further improve over time as the engine sets in. How does it feel to drive this compared to your old behemoth?
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 18:11   #475
BHPian

Thanks everyone!
It's really going to be a bonus with such good FE.

The Tiguan is a completely different animal than the Endy. It's so car-like. I can feel its Golf underpinnings. Its definitely much easier to drive in tighter city conditions and back roads. Much less stress about getting nicked or bumped. I do miss the imposing size of the Endy though. Can't bully my way through the rides quite the same
Old 6th November 2019, 20:44   #476
BHPian

Quote:
The Tiguan is a completely different animal than the Endy. It's so car-like. I can feel its Golf underpinnings. Its definitely much easier to drive in tighter city conditions and back roads. Much less stress about getting nicked or bumped. I do miss the imposing size of the Endy though. Can't bully my way through the rides quite the same
Moving from hatchbacks and sedans I feel I am able to do some bit of bully through the traffic by not being rash or reckless in my Tiguan. Specially in highways with the agility and the grip the car offers it allows for precise manoeuvres without any risk whatsoever.

Yes, I do agree that Endy or Fortuner are different beasts altogether.
Old 7th November 2019, 16:03   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Moving from hatchbacks and sedans I feel I am able to do some bit of bully through the traffic by not being rash or reckless in my Tiguan. Specially in highways with the agility and the grip the car offers it allows for precise manoeuvres without any risk whatsoever.

Yes, I do agree that Endy or Fortuner are different beasts altogether.
Totally agree. The grip and control is very precise and very easy in traffic and highway conditions. Going from the Endy is like the difference between a Hooker and Winger in Rugby. Approaching the problem in a different way
Old 9th November 2019, 12:19   #478
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My sis & brother-in-law sold their 8-year old Freelander & bought a VW Tiguan. It's superior in every way to the Land Rover, except for ride quality. BIL is already complaining that he finds it bumpy and will sit on the front seat only (chauffeur-driven).

They liked the Kodiaq more, but found the price difference to be too high for an almost identical car. Dealer offered like 5+ lakhs off on the car. Personally, I'd have still gone for the Kodiaq .
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:09   #479

The Tiguan has done quite well this October. Registered a growth.
kamakaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 16:11   #480

Quote:
I went for the same. This silver is very different from my cars, all silver, till now. Koleos was way too silvery. This tungsten has different shades in different light conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks