Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 00:45   #181
BHPian

The Tiguan has completed 17500 kms in 8 months and has undergone its first service. The cost of first service was 16300 rupees which I think is reasonable considering the service interval. It has seen multiple Mumbai Pune trips, one trip from Mumbai to Kodaikanal, and one to Goa and a couple of runs to Nashik. I am deliriously happy with it. Perfect replacement for the Yeti. I faced a small issue yesterday where the car gave me a tyre pressure low warning In the left rear tyre and I got it corrected on the way to office. However in the evening when I started the car I got a flat tyre warning. With about 9 psi pressure I slowly rolled drove to a puncture shop about half a km away and to my horror the left rear tyre had 3 leaks and no foreign object. I got all of them repaired and came back home. One of the leaks was close to the top of the side wall. I am now really worried that I will have to replace the tyre, which would be an expensive affair. Any advice would be appreciated.
shaktisarangi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 23:06   #182
BHPian

Thank you for the first service update shakthisarangi! Good to know the Tiguan serving you amazingly!

Since I might have missed the update from you, could you update us on what you opted wrt the service packages from VW? Thanks!
Old 1st November 2018, 15:38   #183
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Does anybody use the data plug and VW Connect app? Find it useful?
Old 4th November 2018, 02:16   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post

Since I might have missed the update from you, could you update us on what you opted wrt the service packages from VW? Thanks!

I have not opted for any service package apart from extended warranty of 4 years / 1 lakh kilometres.
shaktisarangi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 03:13   #185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
The Tiguan has completed 17500 kms in 8 months and has undergone its first service. The cost of first service was 16300 rupees which I think is reasonable considering the service interval. It has seen multiple Mumbai Pune trips, one trip from Mumbai to Kodaikanal, and one to Goa and a couple of runs to Nashik. I am deliriously happy with it. Perfect replacement for the Yeti. I faced a small issue yesterday where the car gave me a tyre pressure low warning In the left rear tyre and I got it corrected on the way to office. However in the evening when I started the car I got a flat tyre warning. With about 9 psi pressure I slowly rolled drove to a puncture shop about half a km away and to my horror the left rear tyre had 3 leaks and no foreign object. I got all of them repaired and came back home. One of the leaks was close to the top of the side wall. I am now really worried that I will have to replace the tyre, which would be an expensive affair. Any advice would be appreciated.

Must be a weak OEM tyre or it has succumbed to our Indian road conditions.
Have you considered the Conti Cross Contacts? They might be the perfect upgrade from stock.
Nice and tough types they look like.
I’m thinking of them for the Yeti when replacement time rolls around.
Old 4th November 2018, 03:20   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaktisarangi View Post
Both Skoda and VW are equally reliable. All one needs to do is buy the generous extended warranty and service the vehicle as per schedule. My previous car was a Skoda Yeti which I drove for 1.17 lakh kilometres in 4.5 years before switching to the Tiguan which is now 5 months old and has run 11k kilometres. They are far superior to the Japanese and Korean competition in the market. The unreliability stories are primarily due to the DQ200 DSG gearbox failure, however the diesel ones with a different DSG gearbox are very reliable. My father drives a 2012 diesel Elegance Skoda Superb which has done 1.7 lakh kilometres and still feels like it can do another 1.7 lakh. We have not had to do anything apart from regular service and critical part changes as per schedule.
While I haven’t done anywhere near the driving you have done, in these last 7 years of my Yeti ownership, my experience has also been similar. The Yeti is a reliable beast. And both the Yeti and I have been treated fairly and well by the after sales people at Vinayak Skoda. I think if maintained carefully and looked after nicely, these vehicles are pretty long lasting and tough. Even now, 7 years and 44300 kms on, my Yeti feels more or less as good as it did when it was brand new.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 16:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
Does anybody use the data plug and VW Connect app? Find it useful?
Is there a cost for the data plug for existing customers? I would assume it is free like it is in Europe? Did anyone check with the dealers?
Old 24th November 2018, 13:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Must be a weak OEM tyre or it has succumbed to our Indian road conditions.

Have you considered the Conti Cross Contacts? They might be the perfect upgrade from stock.

Nice and tough types they look like.

I’m thinking of them for the Yeti when replacement time rolls around.

I will look up the Conti Cross Contacts, however the stock tyres on the Tiguan are very good. I had done research on the Hankook Ventus Evo 2 SUV tyres and results were positive. I believe it multiple punctures happened due to my driving it to the tyre repair place with extremely low pressure.
Old 2nd December 2018, 13:37   #189

Hi, I am considering the Tiguan Highline. Does anybody have inputs on rear seat ride quality? Am happy to compromise on features like power, but would want a better experience in terms of minimizing bumps and roll as the vehicle will be driven on some rural roads which are rather poor. If you can think of a better alternative than the Tiguan happy to hear that too.
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:14   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetrims View Post
Hi, I am considering the Tiguan Highline. Does anybody have inputs on rear seat ride quality? Am happy to compromise on features like power, but would want a better experience in terms of minimizing bumps and roll as the vehicle will be driven on some rural roads which are rather poor. If you can think of a better alternative than the Tiguan happy to hear that too.
I dont know about the rear seat ride comfort but can compare the Tiguan Comfortline (OEM tyres at 33 psi all round) with the Toyota Innova(not Crysta) which can be said to be a benchmark.

Ride and handling are better than the Innova on smooth roads, small undulations going unnoticed. Poor surfaces like loose gravel the Tiguan handles better but pot holes it does not like at all, often crashing into one with a thud if I'm not careful. The Tiguan does better at higher speeds on rough surfaces.

I guess the suspension is designed for handling rather than ride.
gkrishk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:52   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

In terms of ride quality, the benchmark seems to be Hexa. The upcoming TATA Harrier seems promising as well. The Jeep Compass also seems to be well sorted. Have not heard of Tiguan as a leader in rear seat ride quality. During my test drives, the vehicle seemed tightly built and agile, but the ride seemed a bit rough.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:12   #192
BANNED

Quote:
Some inputs below basis my own experience.

The Tiguan has an uncomfortable rear seat as compared with the Skoda Kodiaq. Tiguan is quite like the Yeti which is somewhat cramped and less comfortable in the rear. Essentially these are 2 person vehicles.

Frankly none of these vehicles are built truly for rear seat comfort. Even the famed Fortuner is not too comfy in the back. Nor is the XUV. And suppose you’ve just had a meal or drunk a lot of water, very honestly neither is the famous Innova either, especially if the driver jerks the car about and there are lots of speed bumps and bad roads to go over!

For some level of comfort, in my opinion, a few of the more comfy SUV’s I have sat in, in the rear, are the Renault Duster, the International Subaru Forester and the VW Touareg as well. However, the Indian version of the Duster has very poor under-thigh support in the rear seats, as do most cars here.

So basically, most vehicles aren’t very comfy in the rear seat - with the notable exception of the E Class Mercedes, the 5 Series Beemer, the Skoda Superb, the Camry, and other similar cars. All of these have long wheel bases. Plenty of leg room in the rear. And tend to cosset one quite a bit. One of the most comfortable Vans I ve ever sat in, is the Merc Viano/ V Class.

Hence, if one is looking for comfort in the rear seat, then it is sensible to buy a car or a Van rather than an SUV. Sadly, our horrid roads here in India cause one to consider SUV’s more than any other vehicle type.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 00:58   #193
BHPian

Quote:

I humbly beg to differ with the opinions expressed above. According to me the Tiguan has exceptional rear seat comfort. The rear seats slide backwards to maximise legroom and have an adjustable backrest which enhances comfort.
I have sat in the back over a long journey and the seats have great thigh support, in addition to a large glass area which enhances the sense of space.
I own a Comfortline variant and the ride is excellent, with only the big potholes making their presence felt.
shaktisarangi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 03:32   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Tiguan is going to be stiff on its ride. Check out the new CRV. I just got one, the suspension is excellent!!
Old 11th December 2018, 06:25   #195
BHPian

The Tiguan offers a more complete package as compared to other SUV's in the segment with best in class build quality, great interiors and features, a powerful but frugal diesel, excellent practicality, comfortable ride and good driving experience with the seven speed automatic DSG gearbox. At first I thought the pricing could have been better, but now looking at other players and new entrants in this segment, I believe the pricing is good for the value that it offers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks