Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:30   #136
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

What a beauty! This car is definitely in my shortlist. Really looking forward to the next batch. I wish Skoda offers a shift stick and it will be perfect. Even though the DQ250 DSG gearbox is awesome, having a manual can make this car a collectible in today's scenario. A black or carbon steel color option would have been nice too. I wish she will be in my garage one day.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2018 at 16:03. Reason: typo
Old 22nd January 2018, 22:31   #137
BHPian

Booked the vRS in Grey today at Tafe access.
The wait time is March end or April. The SA mentioned that people who have booked it November will get it first.
He also mentioned that there are almost 20 to 30 bookings pending !
Also they don't have any details on if there are any new additional features like the Canton system which comes with the LnK model.
Hope Skoda makes more and I will get mine soon !
F2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 08:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

Been reading through this entire thread. Would like to know if vRS users have replaced the puny spare wheel with the actual sized one. Does it fit in the wheel well without compromise? How long can the original spare be used in case of a flat?

Recommended the vRS to a friend but this point, I'm unsure.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 10:54   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Been reading through this entire thread. Would like to know if vRS users have replaced the puny spare wheel with the actual sized one. Does it fit in the wheel well without compromise? How long can the original spare be used in case of a flat?

Recommended the vRS to a friend but this point, I'm unsure.
Good point. As per Car Bibles rolling circumference calculator, the vanilla TSI's 205/55/16 can be an ideal 'space-saver' IF the 17" ones don't fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-screenshot_20180124105149.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 12:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Good point. As per Car Bibles rolling circumference calculator, the vanilla TSI's 205/55/16 can be an ideal 'space-saver' IF the 17" ones don't fit.
Can you share the link for the respective application?
Old 24th January 2018, 12:28   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris View Post
Can you share the link for the respective application?
http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_size_calculators.html

The link was just a Google search away
Old 24th January 2018, 12:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

Had my heart set on the vRS. Called Vinayak motors in Bangalore and it seems this car is in super hot demand and my hopes of getting one crashed.

Made an enquiry to the sales person about the car and he said he was getting around 8 cars by the end of Jan 2018 or early feb 2018 and that 6 of them were already accounted for. I then asked him what the shades of the two others were and he had no idea. So when I asked him what it would take for me to get a shade of my preference and he quite bluntly said I won't be having that freedom.

Cars are simply allotted depending who has paid a higher advance or the full value or unless I am ready to wait for anything between 4-6 months or longer to get the car in my choice of colour.

I think I will wait it out and see if the demand comes down. Have my heart set out on this beauty.
Old 24th January 2018, 13:10   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_size_calculators.html

The link was just a Google search away
I was trying to find it on the play store and it didn't show up. That's why.
Old 29th January 2018, 22:50   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Cars are simply allotted depending who has paid a higher advance or the full value or unless I am ready to wait for anything between 4-6 months or longer to get the car in my choice of colour.
I think I will wait it out and see if the demand comes down. Have my heart set out on this beauty.
Hi Fullrevs,

Please don't pay anything more than reasonable booking amount until you have seen car allocated to you. With Skoda's reputation it is better to be late than sorry.

As you already mentioned initial frenzy will die down, since supply is less it might take a while but I would never buy a car if I cannot choose a basic thing as color.

I found Tafe to be slightly better than Vinayak in my limited interaction with them. Tafe managed to send 1.8TSI to my house for test drive, however Vinayak did not even bother with a follow up call.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 29th January 2018 at 22:52.
Old 30th January 2018, 10:53   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Fullrevs,

Please don't pay anything more than reasonable booking amount until you have seen car allocated to you. With Skoda's reputation it is better to be late than sorry.

As you already mentioned initial frenzy will die down, since supply is less it might take a while but I would never buy a car if I cannot choose a basic thing as color.

I found Tafe to be slightly better than Vinayak in my limited interaction with them. Tafe managed to send 1.8TSI to my house for test drive, however Vinayak did not even bother with a follow up call.

Regards.
Thank you so much for the advice antardaksh. Yes I wouldn't even go half the distance until I get some concrete info on delivery and for certain a colour of my choice.

We had first bought the Skoda Laura when it was just launched in the market and my experience with Tafe was quite bad. They basically sold me a rotten used car because my brother insisted on going for the Anthracite grey shade. A car that was going to be delivered in 1 month suddenly was ready for delivery in one week. As I was traveling my brother went to collect the car and he didn't quite check the car properly before collecting. Anyway, that is an old story and the car was sold off many years ago.

The above incident is what led to me to make an inquiry with Vinayak. They seem to be too large for themselves now.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:18   #146
BHPian

Got an SMS form Skoda that there is a price increase from 4% to 6% on their cars.
I spoke to my SA and he said there might be an increase of 5% and they are waiting for the final price list from Skoda. They still don't know when deliveries will start!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-20180203_114230.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2018, 16:26   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Got an SMS form Skoda that there is a price increase from 4% to 6% on their cars.
I spoke to my SA and he said there might be an increase of 5% and they are waiting for the final price list from Skoda. They still don't know when deliveries will start!
Cars already produced and kits already imported should not be impacted by the proposed duty hike. Looks like Skoda is either being opportunistic or trying to get fence sitters to hasten their car purchase.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 16:27   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Supposedly they are struggling to sell this second lot of cars. A few vRS owners have been approached by the sales guys and they are eager to get serious enquiries.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 16:40   #149
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the new lot delivery started.
Pic got through skoda owners India group.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img20180203wa0073.jpg  

Unknownsatan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 20:23   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Apparently the new lot delivery started.
Pic got through skoda owners India group.

Do you any idea about the colour choices this time? As there were rumours that Skoda is dropping the steel grey for black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks