Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 19:01   #166
BHPian

The cars are actually fantastic. It is sad to see such great cars lose out in market due to poor service.
Old 16th March 2018, 11:29   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Any of you folks got delivery in March yet? And if so, any changes to the spec / colors / price?
Getting Delivery by end of this month. Spoke to Skoda india Directly. Car going into Production on 22nd. Should arrive at the dealer ship by 27th latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well buying a Skoda in India and then maintaining is not for faint hearted You already have got a taste of what lies ahead and if we go through experiences of some of the other members or knowns, you should stay away.

Now, if you are sold out on this car, depending on how much advance you have paid, you can consider these options

Forgetting the advance in total if its a token like 10-25K as the new dealership most likely won't adjust this if you don't buy the car, you can still continue a fight with Skoda but mentally be prepared to lose this small amount. If it's a large advance like 1 Lac or more than do ask SKODA what will happen if you were to cancel the booking.

If you want to go-ahead with booking and the new dealer has already assured you to adjust the advance, you may not need a second receipt, just tell them to make a fresh Proforma, they will either reduce the basic amount in that PI or will mention the advance. It may not be possible for the new dealership to issue a receipt for the payment they have not received in their books, perhaps Skoda will reimburse them internally and they may bill the car at lower rates or simply show advance at time of invoicing and then settle internally by way of debit/ credit entries in their account with Skoda. As long as you have the initial receipt, unless that's asked back by the new dealer, you will not need a new receipt.

Meanwhile, do check BMW for any deals on 3 series, if you can manage the funds, don't look back at VW.
Got a written acknowledgment from the new Dealership, that they are in receipt of the advance payment of 1L, they transferred it internally. Booking still on track. Delivery before the end of this month.

Got a fresh performa also from the new dealership, which clearly mentions the advance payment. So sorted there too.

Hopefully no more hurdles till delivery.

Last edited by ajmat : 16th March 2018 at 12:51.
akshaydaryani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 18:01   #168
Senior - BHPian

Dual Injected TSI

Any idea whether they would introduce the dual jet 2.0 TSI engines in India?

This should mitigate the carbon buildup issue plaguing the direct injection petrols. The same engines in Germany comes with dual injection as per posts and diagrams on vw forums.
Old 24th March 2018, 21:20   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dual Injected TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Any idea whether they would introduce the dual jet 2.0 TSI engines in India?
These? All thanks to lancer_rit
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4375739
Old 25th March 2018, 08:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaydaryani View Post
Getting Delivery by end of this month. Spoke to Skoda india Directly. Car going into Production on 22nd. Should arrive at the dealer ship by 27th latest.

Hi Akshay,

What is the status on your vRS?
Even I was told that they will deliver my car by 26th-27th but now they have said that the production itself will happen around 27th. So my new delivery date is around 31st of this month.
Wanted to know if you have been told the same.
Old 25th March 2018, 09:16   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
No did not mean those, I hear there is a dual injector version of the same engine being sold in Germany but ROW does not get it.

Name:  6a00d8341c4fbe53ef01901e40c536970b800wi.png
Views: 5718
Size:  418.4 KB
Name:  075067volkswagenbeetleturboandjettaglige1.png
Views: 5182
Size:  374.6 KB

When the GTI came I opened the engine cover of one of those and where the port injectors go was blanked out. Just like the one in the photo below.

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-t8u3j4.jpg

Dual injected would mitigate this issue in the photo below.
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-4cylindervalves.jpg

Img Src: http://forums.vwvortex.com
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 10:10   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Hi Akshay,

What is the status on your vRS?
Even I was told that they will deliver my car by 26th-27th but now they have said that the production itself will happen around 27th. So my new delivery date is around 31st of this month.
Wanted to know if you have been told the same.

Hi,
My vrs has already been delivered to the dealership on 22nd. I did a pre delivery inspection on the 23rd using info from the team bhp pre delivery inspection thread. Everything checked out fine. Made the balance payment on 23rd itself. Getting delivery of my car (with registration) on 27th. Will post pictures soon!
Old 25th March 2018, 12:08   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My vrs has already been delivered to the dealership on 22nd. I did a pre delivery inspection on the 23rd using info from the team bhp pre delivery inspection thread. Everything checked out fine. Made the balance payment on 23rd itself. Getting delivery of my car (with registration) on 27th. Will post pictures soon!

That is great, Congratulations!
What colour is your car? Please do post some pictures
Old 25th March 2018, 12:24   #174
BHPian

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Hi,

Lucky you. Mine seems to be delayed. Keeping fingers crossed for next week inspection and weekend delivery. Not sure reason for delay, but as per dealer delay is at Skoda end.

By the way, anyone has booked black RS here?
Old 25th March 2018, 12:55   #175
BHPian

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Lucky you. Mine seems to be delayed. Keeping fingers crossed for next week inspection and weekend delivery. Not sure reason for delay, but as per dealer delay is at Skoda end.

Same here. They have given me similar timelines and the wait is killing me!
The TAFE access guys mentioned that it is a production delay at the factory.
Old 25th March 2018, 13:07   #176
BHPian

Quote:
No did not mean those, I hear there is a dual injector version of the same engine being sold in Germany but ROW does not get it.
On a 3rd generation EA888 1.8TSI sold in India, dual injector setup is already present. Had seen these on a pre-FL Octavia Mk3 which was at the Skoda ASC in Calicut . When I checked with a main technician there, he confirmed the same setup in Superb Mk3 1.8TSI also (hope what I saw was not a dummy attachment and technician wasn't misinformed).

Attaching pictures I had clicked while at the ASC. These are from a Octavia Mk3 1.8TSI (pre-FL). I presume these would not have been deleted on the Octavia Mk3 FL 1.8TSI.

The metallic FSI fuel rail and plastic MPI fuel rails?
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-fsi-mpi-fuel-rails-1.8-tsi.jpg

High pressure TSI fuel pump & Fuel lines
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1.8-tsi-dual-injector-fuel-pump.jpg

So it could be quite likely that the 2.0TSI sold in India currently also has dual injector setup. Someone with a vRS just needs to remove the engine top cover and can easily confirm the same.
avinash_clt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 13:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
On a 3rd generation EA888 1.8TSI sold in India, dual injector setup is already present. Had seen these on a pre-FL Octavia Mk3 which was at the Skoda ASC in Calicut . When I checked with a main technician there, he confirmed the same setup in Superb Mk3 1.8TSI also (hope what I saw was not a dummy attachment and technician wasn't misinformed).

Attaching pictures I had clicked while at the ASC. These are from a Octavia Mk3 1.8TSI (pre-FL). I presume these would not have been deleted on the Octavia Mk3 FL 1.8TSI.

The metallic FSI fuel rail and plastic MPI fuel rails?
Attachment 1745156

Attachment 1745155

So it could be quite likely that the 2.0TSI sold in India currently also has dual injector setup. Someone with a vRS just needs to remove the engine top cover and can easily confirm the same.
This is the picture of the GTI engine I clicked, and comparing this photo with the one you posted I think I can see the rail on this one also. This is good news then and I hope the 2.0 also comes with similar dual injection.

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-20170119_162010.jpg
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 19:59   #178
BHPian

Quote:
This is the picture of the GTI engine I clicked, and comparing this photo with the one you posted I think I can see the rail on this one also. This is good news then and I hope the 2.0 also comes with similar dual injection.

Attachment 1745167
Yes I believe the highlighted area is the MPI fuel rail.
It is easier to judge whether the car has dual injection based on the number of fuel lines coming out of the high pressure pump as I have shared in the previous post.

Quote:

Attachment 1745155
Attaching screenshot from a fairly informative VW Self-Study-Programme about these engines.

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-1.8l-2.0l-tsi-dual-injection-fuel-supply-system.jpg
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-dual-injection-tsi-high-pressure-pump-schematic.jpg

Note: Full version of the SSP is also attached and provides a fair bit of information about these 1.8/2.0L 3rd gen EA888 TSI engines, difference between iterations among them etc. An interesting read
avinash_clt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 09:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note: Full version of the SSP is also attached and provides a fair bit of information about these 1.8/2.0L 3rd gen EA888 TSI engines, difference between iterations among them etc. An interesting read
Thanks for this, I did not have this.

All major manufacturers are opting for a dual injection setup for DI petrols. Till yesterday I thought VW skimped this feature for us Indians. Ford started giving dual injection to some of the ecoboosts. Toyota's GDI are dual injected already in all markets they are sold.

They figured that port injection is better for emissions and driveability for all condiions except while idling and full load.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 13:09   #180

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
That is great, Congratulations!
What colour is your car? Please do post some pictures
Will surely do!

My Car is Race blue, In love with this colour since the day I saw it launch on the regular Octavia. Glad they got it for the VRs too!

Here are some images from the Pre Delivery inspection.

All Wrapped up! Skins would be removed on the day of the delivery for a basic polish. Would be going in for a Nanolex Ceramic Pro Coat post delivery. Notice, one more White Vrs right next to mine. It looks really good in white too. Confirmed from the Dealer, New lot is also available in Black. Nardo Grey has been discontinued apparently, not confirmed though

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_9268.jpg

Interior: I like the fact that the Alcantara seats are covered till the delivery day. Notice the Suspension blocks removal tags on the rear view mirror. Mine have been already removed, Physically checked the same. Dealers are much more aware of the same now.

Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img_9271.jpg

NOTE:

- Skoda has further decided to hike the prices by 3-4% from 1st April as per the talk I've heard from the executives in the showroom & Mumbai Corporate office.

- Try and get your payments cleared and deliveries done before 31st march or I think the new prices will apply from 1st April.

- A 4% hike to the ex showroom price would translate to an additional 1L

- I have a gut feeling that the delays are intentional. The Kits for this lot of 170-200 VRS cars had landed in the country sometime End of Jan (Confirmed this though a source in the Aurangabad plant).

- Hikes since launch:
Launch: 24.6L (Ex Showroom)
Post GST Cess adjustments: 25.49L
Jan 1st 2% VW Group Price Hike: 25.99L
Post Union Budget hike due to Duties on CKD Kits being increased from 10% to 15%: 26.26L

Current Price: 26.26L Ex showroom

If the 1st April 4% hike goes through the Ex Showroom Price would stand at: 27.3L Ex showroom.

Also Factor in the Increase in registration costs due to this
akshaydaryani is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks