Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 07:19   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
This could be a bit more also as I could not get the new ex-showroom price specific to Bangalore from the dealer.

I feel angry and cheated.
33.53 on road in BLR
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS : Official Review-img20180708wa0004.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 09:00   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
33.53 on road in BLR
Can you explain the last 3 columns please? The last one is not visible clearly. The other two I assume are the maintenance packages. What do they cover and not cover? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th July 2018, 10:24   #243
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Purchasing the RS has become a very painful process. So prospective owners please take a note.

Even after paying top dollars, you will get a sub-par treatment from the dealer as they know that there are still more people waiting

Another problem is the price shock.
Every new batch is sold at a new price. This is happening consistently. And I have lost count on how many times they increased the price so far.

Another worry is somebody jumping the queue and getting a delivery while you are still waiting. There is no way of knowing this happening. Still if you complain, they will try to push a different color down your throat.

So all the BHPans who is considering RS should be prepared for a traumatic experience until you get the car. And also be flexible with your finances so that you can pay the new price.

Frankly, if I knew all this, I am not sure weather I would have jumped into it.
manojas is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 20:54   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Can you explain the last 3 columns please? The last one is not visible clearly. The other two I assume are the maintenance packages. What do they cover and not cover? Thanks in advance.
Last 3 are 2 different levels of bumper to bumper insurance followed by the 39k Maintenance package.
Old 13th July 2018, 08:36   #245
BANNED

Quote:
The new ex- showroom price is 26,78,000. When I booked it three months ago it was 26,25,490. So the there is an increase of 52,510.
I feel angry and cheated.
Most dealers give you a price protection when you book the vehicle, at least for a few months.
Why didn't that happen in your case? Which dealer? Have you spoken to Skoda customer care?

Moreover, dont let all this dampen you. A 500km drive in the RS will make you forget most things, including some that you shouldnt.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 17:42   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Purchasing the RS has become a very painful process. So prospective owners please take a note.

Even after paying top dollars, you will get a sub-par treatment from the dealer as they know that there are still more people waiting

Another problem is the price shock.
Every new batch is sold at a new price. This is happening consistently. And I have lost count on how many times they increased the price so far.

Another worry is somebody jumping the queue and getting a delivery while you are still waiting. There is no way of knowing this happening. Still if you complain, they will try to push a different color down your throat.

So all the BHPans who is considering RS should be prepared for a traumatic experience until you get the car. And also be flexible with your finances so that you can pay the new price.

Frankly, if I knew all this, I am not sure weather I would have jumped into it.
This is exactly my pre-booking experience too in Chennai with Gurudev. They refused to budge even a rupee when I inquired about any offers and prices. Furthermore, when I brought up the fact that handling charges have been abolished in many states, they refused to accept that either and said that it will be charged.

So at this stage, it's a bit like buy if you want and be prepared for any unforeseen price hikes. They mention that whatever price is applicable at the time of delivery will apply.

Their arrogance is certainly a hugely dampening factor in the lust for the car :(

However, despite all that putting off and attitude, I still want to book simply because the car seems so irresistible!
Old 13th July 2018, 18:29   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Most dealers give you a price protection when you book the vehicle, at least for a few months.
Why didn't that happen in your case? Which dealer? Have you spoken to Skoda customer care?

Moreover, dont let all this dampen you. A 500km drive in the RS will make you forget most things, including some that you shouldnt.
Thanks for your suggestion. I escalated the issue to Skoda India customer care. Let's see what they can do.
Old 16th July 2018, 16:52   #248
BHPian

So I did it today, finally! Booked a Race Blue RS in Gurudev, Chennai. Promised delivery in September. Didn't get any sort of discounts/freebies, but the RS allure was just too strong, so went with it!

I must say a big thanks to all the wonderful people here on Team-BHP who have shared all their experiences and all the knowledge I've gained from them.

I look forward to getting my hands on this beast and sharing my experiences with you all!
Reesnat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:28   #249
BHPian

Any updates on delivery dates for june july bookings?
Old 4th August 2018, 12:18   #250
BHPian

Guys just wanted to know whether we can upgrade the music system to the Canton one being supplied on the L&K variant, if yes, what would be the cost, my sales person is totally clue less
Old 6th August 2018, 17:19   #251
Senior - BHPian

The Mumbai dealer - Autobahn Skoda told me that 4 lots had been imported and are all sold out. There are no more imports planned and the model is being discontinued.

Is this true or just some fantasy being peddled by the dealer to clear their existing inventory or preferred model?

Quote:
The new ex- showroom price is 26,78,000.
If this gives you any solace, the Ex-Showroom price is same in Mumbai too. I.e. 26.78 Lacs.

But yes within a year almost 2Lac price hike. That's steep. not sure how much of it is due to GST hike.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2018 at 17:30. Reason: Posts merged on request.
Old 6th August 2018, 17:45   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The Mumbai dealer - Autobahn Skoda told me that 4 lots had been imported and are all sold out. There are no more imports planned and the model is being discontinued.

Is this true or just some fantasy being peddled by the dealer to clear their existing inventory or preferred model?
I believe the numbers the dealer has and especially the sold out part. I'm sure the dealer has no interest in the vRS, limited numbers don't cut it on a capital intensive business.

Dealers are always fixated on their inventory, he'll sell out the next batch of vRS when they are made, until then pushing customers to get the tsi/tdi is his only work. You should wait if you want the car, it really has no alternative.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:07   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There are no more imports planned and the model is being discontinued.
I had given my details in Skoda India website asking for present on road price of Octavia RS in Kerala. Today, I got call from Skoda Mumbai saying that bookings for Octavia RS has been stopped and there might not be fresh bookings again, he even suggested to check out the regular Octavia.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:14   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had given my details in Skoda India website asking for present on road price of Octavia RS in Kerala. Today, I got call from Skoda Mumbai saying that bookings for Octavia RS has been stopped and there might not be fresh bookings again, he even suggested to check out the regular Octavia.
Contact Reji of TAFE. +91 77609 62495

He will never hesitate to sell an vRS.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 22:29   #255
BHPian

Finally I got delivery of my car on 2 August, after a wait of four months. The manufacturing date is 16 July.
As Devadath had pointed out, most of the negative feelings had vanished when I took a short drive.
So I can assure you it really worth the wait.
And the dealer honored all the discounts he had committed in spite of the demand
manojas is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks