Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 17:43   #1111

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abg View Post
I had to upgrade the stock headlamp setup of my Verna SX after feeling that they are inadequate. I upgraded them with a pair of Bosch Iris LED HB3 sourced from Amazon.

Would you be able to share the price and comparative pictures in order to show the difference. It would be really helpful in making the decision.

Also, the much knowledgeable bhpians in the area of car lighting may also offer their comments. My Verna is 2015 S(O) model.

Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 18:21   #1112
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Would you be able to share the price and comparative pictures in order to show the difference. It would be really helpful in making the decision.

Thanks
Here is the snip of the Invoice. I paid INR 4,468.00 for a pair.

Name:  Bosch Iris LED Price.jpeg
Views: 1339
Size:  49.0 KB

Unfortunately, I did not click any pics with my old Halogens. Needless to say, they weren't any good.

But I have the pics with the new LEDs. Both snaps were taken from the driver's seat with my cell phone. Pardon me for the image quality, the illumination is much better in real.

Low Beam:
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-low-beam.jpeg

High Beam:
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-high-beam.jpeg

The fogs are useless. I might have to upgrade them as well.
abg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 09:48   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abg View Post
The illumination is excellent and even in rains, I found them super helpful. These bulbs draw less power compared to stock Halogens (30W) too. However, I am not sure whether this upgrade voids the warranty.
Nice! So do these LEDs work perfectly in the current stock projector housing/lens? Or, is it recommended that a different one that matches these LEDs are used? Thanks!
Old 12th September 2022, 19:05   #1114
abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Nice! So do these LEDs work perfectly in the current stock projector housing/lens? Or, is it recommended that a different one that matches these LEDs are used? Thanks!
These LEDs work perfectly with the stock projector housing and lens. No modification needed. The light throw and beam pattern is excellent, low beam cut-off is as expected (very similar to stock setup, but with sharp cut-off lines).

However, they are a tight fit because of the bulky heat sink and fan. It is not possible to install them without removing the head lamp assembly from the car, as there is no space behind the assembly to properly do the installation. I pulled out the bumper assembly, then removed the head lamp units, then replaced the bulbs. Fitting LEDs inside the projector needed some effort because of the aforementioned heat sink. However this is not a deterrent.

Ensure that the LEDs lock in place (same position as HB3 halogens when locked) so that the beam spread and throw are correct and the sealing is proper to prevent moisture getting inside the projector.
abg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:55   #1115
BHPian

Have been looking at the Verna Crdi AT, as a next car.

Have used an Accent Crdi from brand new to some 2.5L Kms, which was sold in pretty decent shape.

While the accent served loyally and with a good service center experience, a later experience with a Grand i10 AT has been pathetic. The car faces erratic idling, the ICE system going blank, malfunctioning remote locking and so on. These problems are only occasional and haven't been corrected despite repeated visits to the authorised service centre. The car also had its steering column/rack replaced and yet the steering rattles and thuds. Furthermore, the service experience is more of a fleecing nature, with complaints unresolved and other repairs recommended at exorbitant costs. This has dented my faith in Hyundai and its service centres, a lot.

I understand that a newer generation of the car could be on its way. But, this being probably the last C2 segment sedan with a diesel heart and a proper AT, and not being a fan of the latest huyndai designs, is making me look at the current generation car again. Any user/ownership experience on the current generation Verna 1.5 Crdi AT would be very helpful.

Last edited by crdi : 5th October 2022 at 12:17. Reason: A few more points
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 23:00   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
My Verna (2011 CRDI SX(O)) with 132K on the odometer suddenly refused to start yesterday. Called up RSA who showed up within 15 minutes. He tried his best for two hours to diagnose the problem but could not and had to tow the car to nearest Hyundai Service center which was around 6 kilometers away.
After diagnosis, they called me today to inform that the high pressure fuel pump is faulty and needs replacement. Replacement cost quoted was 1L INR plus. Alternate option shared was to overhaul the fuel pump which would make my wallet lighter by 45K INR + tax.
I wanted to check in this forum if anyone has run into similar issue and if yes, what the costs to fix it were. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
What step did you finally take and cost involved?
Old 8th October 2022, 12:14   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
What step did you finally take and cost involved?
I overhauled it for 47K.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:49   #1118
BHPian

Anyone installed 70mai 800s Dashcam on Verna? I have ordered mine and will get it in couple of days.

Few questions I have are,

1. I have my FastTag behind my IRVM, so installing at the centre of the windshield behind the IRVM is not an option. I should either place it beside the fast tag. Do let me know where you have installed it.

2. I am not going for hardwire, can you let me know how did you route the front and rear camera wires?

3. Can you share some information / pics about the installation of the front and rear cam?

4. Have you installed yourself or took help from any car accessories shop? Any leads about place where I can get it installed around Whitefield Bangalore. My Verna is due for service in a weeks times, does ASS does the installation of the dash cam if I pay them?

Thanks in advance.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 20:24   #1119
Hbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardilip View Post
Anyone installed 70mai 800s Dashcam on Verna? I have ordered mine and will get it in couple of days.
Hi @hardilip,
How you can mount your dashcam depends on its design but I'll share a picture of mine below.
I mounted it on the dashboard as I didn't want to hardwire it as well and I just let the wire run straight down to the USB port. Not the prettiest solution but I stopped noticing it after a few days.
The field of view is the same as if it was mounted on the windshield. The vipers in the verna are tucked under the windshield and are not visible in the video.
I think you can just mount yours next to the fastag. Before mounting just hold it there temporarily and open the video feed to see if it being off center is having any effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Official Review-20221009_190722.jpg  

Hbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 22:15   #1120
BHPian

Thanks for your reply and the picture. Mine has to be on the windshield as per the design. I was also thinking I will do it next to the fast tag. With my model I get both front and rear one so I wanted to check how to route the wires from rear to front. I had searched enough here in TBHP and also YouTube to see if any one has a video / pictures with Next Gen Verna but I couldn't find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbh View Post
Hi @hardilip,
How you can mount your dashcam depends on its design but I'll share a picture of mine below.
I mounted it on the dashboard as I didn't want to hardwire it as well and I just let the wire run straight down to the USB port. Not the prettiest solution but I stopped noticing it after a few days.
The field of view is the same as if it was mounted on the windshield. The vipers in the verna are tucked under the windshield and are not visible in the video.
I think you can just mount yours next to the fastag. Before mounting just hold it there temporarily and open the video feed to see if it being off center is having any effect.
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:17   #1121
BHPian

Hey Guys,

My Next Gen Verna is due for its next insurance renewal. My first year insurance was with ICICI Lombard and later I switched to Royal Sundaram. Already 4 years done with them and this will be my 5th year renewal with Royal Sundaram.

Coming from the background in writing off a rain water submerged Honda City, I was careful with insurance with Verna. I had RTI for 4 years and topped up my IDV to a decent level to safeguard myself from any disaster that happened with my Honda City.

My current IDV is 11L (as per IRDA depreciation it should be 7.61L) and I paid around 32K as my premium with Zero Depreciation, Engine Cover as add-on along with the NCB @ 35%

I have received a renewal quote for this year and price quoted was 36.5K for a 10L IDV. The price includes NCB @ 45%.

4K more from last year's premium mainly contributed by the raise in basic premium (5.5K), Zero Depreciation (1.5K), Engine Protect (300/-), NCB ( -3.7K more compared to last years)

I definitely know this premium is on the higher side. (For the past 5 years, insurance premium average is around 36K)

I tried to get a quote from ICICI Lombard (website), IDV offered was 5L (premium costing ~28K) which is much lower than the IRDA's depreciation. After speaking to them they gave a quote for 36K for 7.75L IDV with Zero Dep and Engine Protect as add-on and 44K for 10L IDV with Zero Dep and Engine Protect as add-on.

In my personal experience and from few of my friends, claim settlement is much better with ICICI and Royal Sundaram. So I didn't try to look out for anyone else.

Going by the above quote, Royal Sundaram is still cheaper compared to ICICI Lombard.

I have few questions that I need help are,

1. Higher IDV (10L for a 5 yrs old car) is good to have? If not, what is the best I can opt in for? In my past experience, increasing / decreasing the IDV by couple of lakhs didn't had much impact on the overall cost. If I am not wrong the premium only changed within 500 - 750/- but this is with Royal Sundaram

2. In case of writing off the car (touch wood) does the IDV comes handy no matter how old the car is?

3. How about your premium how much do you guys pay, if you are okay to share some insights about it.

4. Finally, your valuable suggestions or other alternatives that I can look for.

My driving has significantly reduced in last couple of years with me doing WFH always if not earlier I used to clock close to 10 - 12K a year but I am sure this can't have any impact on the decision as we never know when and where the uncertain things can happen and I feel its better to be ready to face it.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
hardilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:49   #1122
BHPian

Yearly Service Update

Next Gen Verna (2018) SX(O) Diesel

ODO: ~52750
Years: 4.85 Years
Service: 7th (Paid)
Service Cost: INR 10308
ASS: Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore

Service Advisor told me to replace the diesel filter at 60K. Is this mandatory to be replaced at 60K odo? Are there any indications for the diesel filter replacement?
hardilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 15:53   #1123
BHPian

So I have had this issue of noise from steering column on uneven roads, bumps, speed breakers from almost the first year of my ownership.

I insisted on resolution of this complaint, at one of the ASC's I was told the noise is coming from the divinity on your dashboard.

Moved to a different ASC with some contacts and got the steering rack replaced under warranty around 3 year mark. It was good for sometime but the noise came back. I made peace with the noise that it will never go.

On my last annual service I brought it up again since it is my last year of extended warranty and I was informed Hyundai has provided a child part replacement in the steering to solve this issue.

They have replaced the child part, the noise is gone, it feels awesome to drive the car in silence again!

Hopefully it stays this way forever, if not for at least a year and I can bear the cost of replacing the child part for the silence. Part name "Worm Shaft Assembly" and cost Rs 890, not sure how much would be the labor charges for replacement.

Last edited by yogiii : 11th November 2022 at 16:03.
yogiii is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:18   #1124
BHPian

Hi Team,
My Pre-Facelift Verna has completed 30K Kilometres. Bought her in 2019 and have completed 3 years with her. She has served as an amazing city commute but today I come with a dilemma, The car is a 1.6, That means it clatters in all its glory. In Bangalore traffic, sitting in the drivers seat with it clattering is just so discomforting. To all the fellow 1.6 Automatic Diesel owners, Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Also the tyres fitted when I bought the car, the Bridgestones create so much noise and after triple digit speeds, the car feels unsettling. My Crysta which sits on Continental tyres gives so much confidence in triple digit speeds. Now that I have made a decision to switch to 17s in the Verna, I also need help with what tyres to get. 215/45/R17 or 225/45/R17? What brands to choose? Preferably more inclined to Continental and Pirelli.

Looking forward to everyone’s suggestions.
speedfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:59   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post

Also the tyres fitted when I bought the car, the Bridgestones create so much noise and after triple digit speeds, the car feels unsettling. My Crysta which sits on Continental tyres gives so much confidence in triple digit speeds. Now that I have made a decision to switch to 17s in the Verna, I also need help with what tyres to get. 215/45/R17 or 225/45/R17? What brands to choose? Preferably more inclined to Continental and Pirelli.

Looking forward to everyone’s suggestions.
As a Civic owner and having witnessed similar tire noise from the Bridgestone Turanza ER300 (6 years & 20,000 KMS old), I would strongly insist you to first check whether the wheel bearings of your car are fine.

A worn out wheel bearing can lead to the symptoms you have mentioned about your car. Read the below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5444976 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Upsizing the wheel will reduce the sidewall of the tire. This reduction in the sidewall will reduce the ability of the tire to absorb the shocks of the road.

If your generation of Verna doesn't come with 17" alloys, I'd insist you to throw away the idea of opting for 17" as it will lead to a harsh and firm ride with thuds heard all over the cabin whenever the wheel passes over undulations/craters/depressions on the road.

The pre-existing suspension components wouldn't be tuned to handle the residual road vibrations transmitted due to the upsize.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks