Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2019, 00:48   #721
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna Fiat Linea Comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Remap & EGR delete update
Driven about 700 Kms post remap, and I'm just loving it. More than any bhp increase at a higher rpm, I am more addicted to the improved torque at lower ends.
Congrats on the remap, have a question for you, sir - how is the smoke during normal and during hard acceleration post remap?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 10:30   #722
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fiat Linea Comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats on the remap, have a question for you, sir - how is the smoke during normal and during hard acceleration post remap?
Thank you. We haven't seen any increase in smoke levels during wot runs post remap. In fact, Rajiv asked me to do couple of hard acceleration runs after the remap, while he stood there on the roadside and observed the exhaust.

Smoke during wot runs were there from day 1 of this car. But it is not thick black smoke and is not really noticeable during daytime in your RVM. However, at night you can easily see the smoke behind, when your car's rear path is illuminated by the headlamps of the vehicles you're leaving behind

During normal runs with mild or moderate throttle, there's absolutely no smoke.

Last edited by clevermax : 10th June 2019 at 10:33.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 18:48   #723

Re: Hyundai Verna : Official Review

My Next Gen Verna Diesel SX(O) AT recently completed ~1700KM and had first service (I would call it just checkup and wash) at 1500KM. Sharing my thoughts around it.

Handling - I find handling to be satisfactory myself. There are a lot of not so good reviews around the internet about it.

Ride comfort - I find it harder than expected. Bumps filter in the cabin.

Braking - This is another department where Verna sees bad reviews. At a higher speed, I feel there could have been more bite to it. Hard braking makes weird scrapping sound. Service center guy told me that it is ABS at work (:O), could not buy it.

Fuel Efficiency - It got 10-12KMPL for city drives (I live in Pune. Don't have bumper to bumper traffic on my office drive of 15KM) and ~15KMPL on the highway with a light foot and a/c running. If you stretch (drive very sedately) for "kitna deti hai?" gives ~18KMPL on highways.

NVH: You could hear diesel clatter in the first 2 gears or if you push peddle little hard. Stock tyres with the car are Bridgestone Ecopia EP150. It feels almost like a petrol car on idle and when you are cruising at 1500RPM in 6th gear, all I could hear was the tyre noise.

Transmission: You can definitely feel the first two upshifts. Shifts are smooth (no jerks). Upshifts usually happen ~2000 RPM mark. Engine sometimes gets noisy and gear upshift doesn't happen at 2000 RPM. Not sure why. I wish if there was Eco mode for "Kitna deti hai?" mentality.

Rattles: Surprisingly, I can feel rattle in driver side door on bad roads. Too early to have rattles. Could not reproduce it in front of service guy though.
padukulkarni9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 19:48   #724
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by padukulkarni9 View Post
Try playing around with tyre pressures, should help to some extent.

Quote:
Hard braking makes weird scrapping sound. Service centre guy told me that it is ABS at work (:O), could not buy it.
Does the pedal go hard (stone hard) when you hear that noise?
Old 11th June 2019, 20:02   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Try playing around with tyre pressures, should help to some extent.

I am keeping it at the recommended level (35 psi for full load). I doubt the accuracy of the pressure gauges roadside puncture shops have. Sadly most petrol pumps near me don't have operational tyre inflators. I will reduce it a bit and try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Does the pedal go hard (stone hard) when you hear that noise?
No. The peddle didn't go stone hard. The car also stopped before I hit something or bounce off a speed bump. Initially, I thought I must have scrapped front part of underbody with the speed bump but couldn't find anything visibly noticeable.
Old 11th June 2019, 20:17   #726
BHPian

Quote:
My Next Gen Verna Diesel SX(O) AT recently completed ~1700KM and had first service (I would call it just checkup and wash) at 1500KM. Sharing my thoughts around it.

Handling - I find handling to be satisfactory myself. There are a lot of not so good reviews around the internet about it.

Braking - This is another department where Verna sees bad reviews. At a higher speed, I feel there could have been more bite to it. Hard braking makes weird scrapping sound. Service center guy told me that it is ABS at work (:O), could not buy it.

Fuel Efficiency - It got 10-12KMPL for city drives (I live in Pune. Don't have bumper to bumper traffic on my office drive of 15KM) and ~15KMPL on the highway with a light foot and a/c running. If you stretch (drive very sedately) for "kitna deti hai?" gives ~18KMPL on highways.

NVH: You could hear diesel clatter in the first 2 gears or if you push peddle little hard. Stock tyres with the car are Bridgestone Ecopia EP150. It feels almost like a petrol car on idle and when you are cruising at 1500RPM in 6th gear, all I could hear was the tyre noise.

Transmission: You can definitely feel the first two upshifts. Shifts are smooth (no jerks). Upshifts usually happen ~2000 RPM mark. Engine sometimes gets noisy and gear upshift doesn't happen at 2000 RPM. Not sure why. I wish if there was Eco mode for "Kitna deti hai?" mentality.

Rattles: Surprisingly, I can feel rattle in driver side door on bad roads. Too early to have rattles. Could not reproduce it in front of service guy though.
Congratulations!Even my Verna [SX+ Diesel Auto] has gone in for 1st service. I haven't heard any scrapping sound on hard braking - you might want to get it checked. It might be as simple as loose mud pad!

I've 'upgraded' my tyres to MRF Perfinza [205/55 profile] - have had only one highway trip so far - so can't comment on road grip as of now.

@clevermax , this is the first example that I've across of a remap on Diesel Automatic Verna. Keep us posted on your experiences.
somspaple is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 23:55   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hard braking makes weird scrapping sound. Service center guy told me that it is ABS at work (:O), could not buy it.
Can attest to it. Few days back only it happened.

Do hard braking and following happens
1. Brake pedal goes all the way in
2. Verna makes scrapping sound
3. Makes you feel car is skidding and not gonna brake.

Non ABS Verna be better, I guess.

In my other car Vento which is its competitor & almost a decade old; never faced such hard braking issues.

German cars spoil you.
Old 12th June 2019, 07:25   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
Congratulations!Even my Verna [SX+ Diesel Auto] has gone in for 1st service. I haven't heard any scrapping sound on hard braking - you might want to get it checked. It might be as simple as loose mud pad!
Thanks, I will get it checked.

Can attest to it. Few days back only it happened.

Do hard braking and following happens
1. Brake pedal goes all the way in
2. Verna makes scrapping sound
3. Makes you feel car is skidding and not gonna brake.

Non ABS Verna be better, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
In my other car Vento which is its competitor & almost a decade old; never faced such hard braking issues.

German cars spoil you.
In my opinion, Germans do not provide an all-around package. So didn't go with them.

Last edited by ajmat : 12th June 2019 at 10:07.
Old 21st June 2019, 11:24   #729

I have a 7 month old Verna Petrol Automatic EX which has not yet crossed even 1000 kms since my usage is very low.

Not that I care too much because of my limited usage but the mileage I am getting in city conditions (normal driving and not in bumper to bumper traffic) is only 6-7 kmpl. Is that normal? I was expecting 8-9 kmpl in city conditions so just wanted to check.
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:39   #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilpai View Post
I have a 7 month old Verna Petrol Automatic EX which has not yet crossed even 1000 kms since my usage is very low.

Not that I care too much because of my limited usage but the mileage I am getting in city conditions (normal driving and not in bumper to bumper traffic) is only 6-7 kmpl. Is that normal? I was expecting 8-9 kmpl in city conditions so just wanted to check.
I have a colleague who has a year old Verna Petrol SX(O) AT which has clocked ~20K km. According to him, it started giving 8-9 kmpl post 10K service in normal city driving and not bumper to bumper traffic (Pune).
padukulkarni9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:03   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilpai View Post
I was expecting 8-9 kmpl in city conditions so just wanted to check.
Hi Nikhil

Unfortunately, that is how the Verna is. Once you have clocked a bit more on the odo, you should get about 8 kmpl easily, in less-than-average traffic with enough red lights.

I feel that the Verna is a guzzler when it is idling, especially with the AC on. Towards winters when the AC requirement wanes, you will see your average move up to about 10 kmpl in city driving.

If you are on good road or a highway, be ready to see 15 kmpl plus kind of average with AC, especially if you use cruise control frequently. Another thing you may like to experiment is to shift to manual mode when you are in bad traffic - this will ensure that you drive in 2nd or 3rd gear, unlike the 1st or 2nd when in the auto mode - this was a tip shared by a fellow member quite a while back. I have not done this, as the entire idea of getting an automatic goes waste when you shift to manual mode in tight traffic...where you need it the most!

So, in effect, the car will thrill you with the average it returns if it gets the the runway to run. This one surely isn't made for idling or crawling

Best,
AjayJohri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 21:51   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJohri View Post
Unfortunately, that is how the Verna is. Once you have clocked a bit more on the odo, you should get about 8 kmpl easily, in less-than-average traffic with enough red lights.
Thanks. I think you have got it spot on. I'm noticing more fuel usage in idle state than I have seen other cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2019 at 17:00. Reason: Shortening quoted post so as not to inconvenience mobile readers :)
Old 25th June 2019, 09:14   #733
BHPian

I have reached around 14kmpl in the highway with AC on. I agree with the previous poster, the Verna automatic simply isn't meant for idling or traffic.
Old 25th June 2019, 14:41   #734
BHPian

Quote:
I drive a 4500 KMS & 90 day old Verna Diesel SX(O) AT & agree with most points. Here are couple of addendum to it.

NVH : Morning cold start has resulted in noticeable vibration in front doors, I can actually feel the doors vibrating if I touch it. Sometimes its the passenger side and sometimes its the driver side. But it goes away once I start driving.

Gear Shifts : The gear shifts and response are better than when it was brand new. However, I still have difficulty moving it from P to R sometimes. Its sort of hard with a noticeable click moving out of P mode.

Mileage : The mileage has also marginally improved, specially for in-city b2b Bangalore traffic.

Rattle : My biggest grouch for now (after the sub-par paint quality). There is a constant rattle from front passenger side door. I have removed every single piece of item from the car that could even remotely cause an rattle. It hasn't helped. I keep hearing the rattle, it was mild the first couple of weeks, now its quiet noticeable. However I am waiting for my next service schedule which should not be too far away given the miles I am munching right now.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th June 2019 at 16:38. Reason: trimming quote for easier readibility
Old 25th June 2019, 20:06   #735
BHPian

Irritating horn chirp on lock/unlock

Not sure if other Verna owners are bothered by this, but the lock/unlock chirp irritates me + i usually return home late in night and my car is parked quite close to neighbors bedroom window! [luckily they have not complained about the noise yet]. I can't understand how can Hyundai miss out on providing an option to mute the chirps on remote key.

I make sure to use door lock button on driver armrest before closing the door shut - there by muting at least the lock sound [mine is a Diesel Auto SX+ variant - no lock/unlock request sensor on door handle]. But it gets really irritating - our 15 year old wagonR had option of mute lock/unlock.

I don't want to disconnect the Alarm system altogether as suggested by HASS. Only other options seems to be some DIY with time delay relay. There is a connector that feeds the signal to horns and if we can introduce a relay here with around 2 seconds delay I think it'll take care of this issue. I've been looking for automotive time delays in India [online] but couldn't find any. Does anybody have any leads to source the relay? Online options are limited to US [Amazon.com]. Or any other alternative to mute just the lock/unlock chirps will be of great help!

Last edited by somspaple : 25th June 2019 at 20:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks