Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 10:26   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Can you please share how much does Skoda servicing and parts cost. And perhaps if you could guess the service cost for Skoda Kodiaq. Thanks.
The four year Škoda Maintenance Package for the Kodiaq costs INR 59,999/-. Škoda would have done the math to arrive at this figure. Therefore, I think we can safely assume that per year service cost should be roughly around 15k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
You can have this enabled in Kodiaq, do you have VCDS cable and software?
best part of this generation indirect TPMS is they do give you the individual tyre leaking air.
Thanks so much, Pramod! Yeah, it is possible to turn it on using the VCDS cable and software. Unfortunately, I don't have one. Rosstech sells it's cable in India through a reseller but the latest version costs 52K . The older one costs 35K which is still super expensive. I searched on aliexpress and there are much cheaper alternatives but I'm skeptical about their quality. Wonder if the service center can get this done for me if I request them. Still wish that they had turned it on by default.

In other news, I got ceramic coating done on my WaveRider at RelectOn. I highly recommend Sandesh and his team. They're extremely good at what they do. They use MaxProtect UNC range of products. Thoroughly professional, honest, maintain a very clean facility and priced very reasonable as well. Couple of pictures post coating:

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-waveridercoated1.jpeg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-waveridercoated2.jpeg

I love the water beading effect. Saw it in action during the rains couple of days ago. I use Proklear waterless wash to clean my rides. I've always needed 500ml of water + 5ml of the concentrate to clean my erstwhile XUV5OO. I was able to clean the entire Kodiaq, including wheels, with just 250ml! Wonder if it's the effect of the coating. Dirt just doesn't stick or, worst case, comes off easily. I use a Jopasu duster on a daily basis and Proklear once a week.
achyu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 16:38   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
You can have this enabled in Kodiaq, do you have VCDS cable and software?
Would love to get this enabled on my Kodiaq.

Does the cable and software come with the car?
Old 10th July 2018, 17:12   #108
BHPian

No, the cable and software are third party diagnostic cable specific designed and developed to work with VW groups cars. please go through previous post by achyu for the original cable cost in India! if you have someone who can get you the cable from US/EU that would be best

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 10th July 2018 at 17:13.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 09:59   #109
BHPian

Are there any Q5 or Q7 owners or experience who have driven the Kodiaq. It would be good to get a comparison feedback on the interior luxury element of the two cars.
BigWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share how much does Skoda servicing and parts cost. And perhaps if you could guess the service cost for Skoda Kodiaq. Thanks.
Hey Big, my average cost of servicing never crossed Rs. 11000-12000 average. I guess if I remember right it must have been more only a couple of times or three times. The service cost included my castrol edge pro engine oil which was about 400 bucks more per liter than the regular oil so in effect 4.3 lt would increase my average bill by Rs. 1700 or so each time.

With Kodaiq, the engine oil cost will go up as the required quantity is more. As the engine is the same used across VW (2.0 liter) the spares may be the same. Of course, I am speculating but the air filter might be different which means the average service cost without any add-ons shall be around the same. Please do visit their website on Kodiaq for more information
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 08:23   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Are there any Q5 or Q7 owners or experience who have driven the Kodiaq. It would be good to get a comparison feedback on the interior luxury element of the two cars.
I dont own a Q but get to drive one when I feel like since a friend has the new Q7 in the neighbourhood.

While the Kodiaq is luxurious in its own right, everything you touch and feel in the 7 has a more premium feel to it. The way the switches click, the glovebox opens, the cabin lights, the leather on the seats, the interior door handles, the works. It is a couple of notches above the Kodiaq, which is by design.

That said, it is mainly the performance and the brand which make the 7 sell.

The 5 lacks the space the Kodiaq has and the interiors feel better, how much, that depends from person to person.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 22:41   #112
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the Kodiaq that I am considering it as a replacement for my 2.0Tdi Q5.

The Q5 does have a better quality interior. Its doors are heavier, its buttons more "clicky" , and a general heft to everything you touch and feel.

The Kodiaq on the other hand feels fresh. It definitely isn't as heavy feeling. The interior is bigger, it has a larger boot and a longer features list. Dare I say it, feels more swift to drive (a remap takes it to an even more swift 180bhp). Some buttons and bits are straight from the cheaper Octavia (not a bad thing), yet its cabin evokes a sense of luxury. The high set dash, large seats and centre screen, chunky gear lever, huge sunroof, all tie in to that sense.

The main reasons to switch to the Kodiaq from the Audi are its lower cost of ownership and its ability to slip under the radar, compared to other premium SUV's. It is a great car and a capable alternative to the X1's of the world if you can get past badge snobbery.

On paper, the Kodiaq may not make sense to most with it's comparatively high price and overall size. But it is a reasonable alternative to those who are looking for a premium SUV, without paying a premium price for the badge.

Last edited by Mtv : 19th August 2018 at 22:43.
Mtv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2018, 20:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
The main reasons to switch to the Kodiaq from the Audi are its lower cost of ownership and its ability to slip under the radar, compared to other premium SUV's.
This was the primary reason I bought mine. Did not want unneeded attention and talk in my society of me owning a German luxury brand.
indusboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:22   #114
BHPian

Took a test drive of the kodiaq yesterday. Skoda was much more responsive than 4 years ago when I was interested in the octavia.
Overall it is a fantastic car, felt easy to drive (OTOH, i drive the tucson the day before and somehow it felt bigger and bulkier and I could not find the right driving position in tucson).

The lack of power was felt a bit. The throttle response in normal drive mode was a bit dull and the vehicle did not respond quickly enough for my liking. Plan to take it out on a highway to see how it drives sometime soon.

Can I convince myself to plunk that much amount of money in a skoda? That is the big question right now. Feature wise, there is no car in the segment that can even come close to what kodiaq offers at this price point.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd August 2018 at 07:23. Reason: Formatting
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 18:40   #115
BHPian

My Kodiaq gave me an insufficient oil level warning - have run 8,500KMS, on highways mostly. Got scared. Did some online searches and apparently (in Europe at least) for a Kodiaq, you have to check and add to the engine oil if needed during the initial 5-10K run. Sure enough the owners manual mentions that the oil consumption during the first 5K might be a little more. Now I know!

Topped up with a liter of oil and the warning went away.

Other than this, it has been a great experience so far. Love my Kodiaq. Have been meaning to write an ownership thread, but no time :(. Here is a pic of my Kodiaq.
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_1729.jpg
indusboy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 14:01   #116
CJP
BHPian

Excellent photograph, and such a lovely sky, shows off the bonnet lines so well
CJP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 09:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is the deal with the 'Rs.19999 EMI for 84 months' offer on Skoda Kodiaq? I know that such offers involve 'annual bullet payments' but 20k EMI on a 40 lacs rupees car will not even cover 50% of the cost. Is it just to make people visit the showrooms?
Old 24th September 2018, 10:28   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does anyone know what is the deal with the 'Rs.19999 EMI for 84 months' offer on Skoda Kodiaq? I know that such offers involve 'annual bullet payments' but 20k EMI on a 40 lacs rupees car will not even cover 50% of the cost. Is it just to make people visit the showrooms?
Where did you see this offer? Newspaper advert or online?
Old 24th September 2018, 10:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Where did you see this offer? Newspaper advert or online?
This was an ad on Facebook app.
Old 13th October 2018, 07:05   #120
BHPian

I checked the car out and am way too impressed with it. With the offers going currently, it makes better value. My wife currently drives an Abarth, and it's like a teenage kid on a rampage. The Kodiaq is so much more refined and sophisticated.

We need the last row only for our dog ( and that too just one of the seats) and so this combination works just perfect. The car is way too luxurious and feature rich. I suspect that my A6 ( which I so love driving) will spend time at home while this one can go places ( 9 airbags and the 4x4 apart from the other features makes it so safe and versatile).

Does anyone have a view on Chennai Skoda dealers? How good or reliable or they toohave their own horror stories? I am very tempted to plonk 40 lacs to get her home ( a good 2.5 lacs discount) which I think is a really good deal for what the car offers.

We started with the Compass limited Plus, looked at Tiguan and are smitten by the Kodiaq. We checked the red color ( not listed on their website) and my whole family fell in love with the car.

Last edited by vinay_ss : 13th October 2018 at 07:06. Reason: Grammatical errors noted
vinay_ss is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks