Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2023, 18:24   #631

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I am in the market for a used Kodiaq/Tiguan TDI. I have test driven 3-4 Kodiaqs and would want owners to pitch in on a few observations I have had:
Hi Vishy76, No such issue on my 3.5year & 39k Kms run Kodiaq TDI; nor have I heard about any such issue from the fellow owners whom I know - who have run their bear for 100,000 Kms plus.
Additionally, what I've gathered from my Gurgaon ASC is that Kodiaq TDI is actually a fairly trouble free car and they have high mileage examples which have done 150,000 kms plus, still running purely on routine scheduled maintenance.

Hope this helps you decide.
Crosscountryman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 09:45   #632

Hello folks. Wanted to know if anyone of you have replaced your kodiaq’s differential oil, as in my service records I don’t see it being done so far. Mine is almost 4yrs old and 60k km done. After reading the unfortunate thread on the failure of Tiguan differential wanted to know even for kodiaq whether it must be done as I assume they share the particular component
Old 27th September 2023, 10:44   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy View Post
Hello folks. Wanted to know if anyone of you have replaced your kodiaq’s differential oil, as in my service records I don’t see it being done so far. Mine is almost 4yrs old and 60k km done. After reading the unfortunate thread on the failure of Tiguan differential wanted to know even for kodiaq whether it must be done as I assume they share the particular component
Assuming yours is a TDI, the Haldex oil replacement service is a scheduled job for 45K km or 3rd year service. So yes get it done now! Further your 60K km mileage will also need DSG oil and filter replacement. Both these jobs along with your regular 60K km service will set you back almost INR 45000/-
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 18:01   #634

Hey folks wanted to know whether the auto hold function in the kodiaq wears out the clutch? Thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2023, 12:21   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
I shall test the efficacy of the sun cool film during a peak sunny day and post.
Here are few pics just after the PPF.
This is after almost half a decade. How did the PPF perform over time? Also what precautions should one take after ppf is done while washing the car and stuff?
Old 25th November 2023, 09:04   #636
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone installed a luggage rack on the roof of the Kodiaq? Any pictures and reviews would be of great help. Thanks.
Old 16th December 2023, 22:12   #637
BHPian

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules once again please.

Quote:
Hey folks wanted to know whether the auto hold function in the kodiaq wears out the clutch? Thanks in advance.
Don’t think so. I’ve been using it since day 1 and this has honestly been a great feature. I’ve around 60k kms on the vehicle now. It’s been on auto hold every single time I brake and never had a problem so far.

I am thankful for these new age features. I can just stop the car, get out and lock it, walk off. (May be turn to look at it once before walking off).
Jamming the parking brake, shifting to neutral, turning off the AC few mins before parking, whatnot are all way in the past now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
This is after almost half a decade. How did the PPF perform over time? Also what precautions should one take after ppf is done while washing the car and stuff?
Saar if you have to take care of PPF, it is not serving its purpose.

As long as you aren’t taking wire scrub to it or denting it in some way, it should be fine.
Make sure you buy something of quality and it will age well. Stop worrying, that’s why you paid a lakh or more for it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th December 2023 at 23:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 17th December 2023, 11:35   #638

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Hi,

Has anyone installed a luggage rack on the roof of the Kodiaq? Any pictures and reviews would be of great help. Thanks.
Hey these are some pics I got from the first owner while looking at with a luggage rack
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_5306.jpeg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_5305.jpeg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_5304.jpeg  

Octy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 04:56   #639
BHPian

Friends,

I have a Kodiaq that I am owning from 2019. Unfortunately, the car got affected in recent Chennai floods with water entering at floor carpet level. To be on the safer side, I had given the car at Škoda workshop.

The entire floor carpet was removed and dried and evaluated for parts replacement. Recently, they have given me the estimate for insurance approval. I think some are simply based on Škoda’s SOP for flooding instead of thorough checking. The total amount is a whopping 26 lakhs . However, the compulsory parts amount to 7 to 8 lakhs and the rest is planned as check and then see if they need to be replaced. Looking at the estimate, the puzzle to me is the wiring harness costs. In total, they amount to 17 lakhs, which is 50% of the vehicle ex showroom price when I bought. Will wiring costs contribute to such huge percentage of manufacturing costs, I wonder?

Can anyone throw some light on this? Appreciate your feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ESTIMATE 3862.pdf (155.8 KB, 75 views)
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 01:36   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Hey these are some pics I got from the first owner while looking at with a luggage rack
Thanks for the pics. Could you please share the brand of the cross bars (Not the luggage carrier) and model number that fits the Kodiaq. Does this hinders the sun roof operations?
Old 18th April 2024, 00:29   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
In total, they amount to 17 lakhs, which is 50% of the vehicle ex showroom price when I bought. Will wiring costs contribute to such huge percentage of manufacturing costs, I wonder?
When my Kodiaq met an unfortunate incident, I got 16L bill - thankfully settled down by insurance. Now that is 42% of ex showroom for what I bought & front & rear shell was damaged with no mechanical damage. I guess independent spare parts always cost very north of if bought together as a vehicle. I hope your vehicle is doing well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks