Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 15:45   #601
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Has any of Kodiaq owner seen check brake pad warning light coming up before 25K kms? I am not sure if its the pad or sensor, very unlikely of pad wearing so early. My Yeti brake pad were changed after 50K kms.

-Pramod
Old 14th August 2021, 17:52   #602

I own a MY2020 Kodiaq and its in the local Skoda ASS for 30K kms service right now. The advisor called in to confirm that the rear brake pads are worn out and needs to be replaced. I asked him if the pads had worn out prematurely and how long these last usually and he says 15 - 20 K kms is their normal life time and usually needs replacement beyond that.
jayanth84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 20:57   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Has any of Kodiaq owner seen check brake pad warning light coming up before 25K kms? I am not sure if its the pad or sensor, very unlikely of pad wearing so early. My Yeti brake pad were changed after 50K kms.

-Pramod
It depends on driving too, spirited driving with frequent braking will wear out brake pads early. My Octavia first set of brake pads were changed with in initial 15k kms. Then I adjusted my driving a bit, still changing in the range of 20 to 22k kms. So 25k in a heavier Kodiaq is not surprising.
Old 15th August 2021, 19:04   #604
BHPian

Pad still have life; but sensor wire is broken. Nonetheless they will replace the front pads as sensor and wire are part of pads.

-Pramod
Old 29th September 2021, 22:50   #605
R_R
BHPian

Can I pick the brain of the Kodiaq owners here? I was thinking of buying a second-hand Kodiaq, preferably a 2019 Scout (though I can see they are extremely rare!), but I wanted to get a sense of: 1. what kind of insurance costs I am looking at for a one or two year old Kodiaq? I don't need an exact figure, but even a ball-park estimate would do. 2. Are the warranties transferable? If I get a 1 year old car (I know, just hoping!) would Skoda transfer the warranty to the new owner, or would I face some hassles? And if the original owner hasn't taken an extended warranty, would I still be able to get it? Appreciate if any of the owners/others can answer any or all of these questions. I am still at an early stage in looking for a replacement for my wonderful 2008 Grand Vitara, and just exploring what options I have.
Old 30th September 2021, 11:32   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Can I pick the brain of the Kodiaq owners here? I was thinking of buying a second-hand Kodiaq, preferably a 2019 Scout (though I can see they are extremely rare!), but I wanted to get a sense of: 1. what kind of insurance costs I am looking at for a one or two year old Kodiaq? I don't need an exact figure, but even a ball-park estimate would do. 2. Are the warranties transferable? If I get a 1 year old car (I know, just hoping!) would Skoda transfer the warranty to the new owner, or would I face some hassles? And if the original owner hasn't taken an extended warranty, would I still be able to get it? Appreciate if any of the owners/others can answer any or all of these questions. I am still at an early stage in looking for a replacement for my wonderful 2008 Grand Vitara, and just exploring what options I have.
I paid 50K for my 2nd year insurance this year. Warranty is for the car and not based on owner.

Extended warranty too can be taken but you have to be within the original warranty period. Or I think it's within 1 year. I am not 100% sure on this part.

Pls. ensure the alcantara seats are maintained well in the Scout.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:28   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What makes alcantara different in general and what should one look out for?
Old 30th September 2021, 23:00   #608
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I paid 50K for my 2nd year insurance this year. Warranty is for the car and not based on owner.

Extended warranty too can be taken but you have to be within the original warranty period. Or I think it's within 1 year. I am not 100% sure on this part.

Thanks, @Vid6639! Much appreciated. That's very useful to know. I had assumed insurance would be much higher. Of course, finding a Kodiaq is quiet difficult, and I haven't yet seen a used Scout on offer at all. Obviously, those who bought it seem to love it! I may have to hike my budget a bit and go for a new Tiguan or a Jeep Compass 4x4.

I'll have to check on extended warranty directly with Skoda, I guess. If I find a Kodiaq, I'll do that.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 23:07   #609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
What makes alcantara different in general and what should one look out for?
Well the synthetic fibres don't like spill and grime. They cannot be just wiped clean with some solution. Needs a dedicate alcantara cleaning kit ideally or a soft tooth brush.

The upside when they are clean is they feel awesome to sit on and transform the cabin from the sea of beige. ]

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-screenshot_20200625170053.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I haven't yet seen a used Scout on offer at all. Obviously, those who bought it seem to love it!
I do very much .
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 15:39   #610
BHPian

Hi all, I need your help. How much should I pay for a 2018 Kodiaq L&K, 75k odo in Pune? Single owner and well maintained. Also, what would be the mileage and annual maintenance cost?
Old 16th January 2022, 05:45   #611
BHPian

Hey has anyone test drove the new kodiaq? Would love to hear your thoughts on the car.
Old 16th January 2022, 08:48   #612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Hey has anyone test drove the new kodiaq? Would love to hear your thoughts on the car.
Latest Kodiaq posts can be found here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...9-lakh-22.html (Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh)
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 14:42   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Hi all, I need your help. How much should I pay for a 2018 Kodiaq L&K, 75k odo in Pune? Single owner and well maintained. Also, what would be the mileage and annual maintenance cost?
Hi PC, were you able to source the Kodiak you were looking for? Curious to know from the other long time owners of the Kodiak, what is the running and maintenance cost of the vehicle, say after 3-4 yrs? Can one expect to keep a Kodiak for say 10 yrs spending about 10-15K a year and not more. What could be the parts that need frequent changes? I surely read a lot about their breakpads and shoes watch need constant attention. Do the main parts like the gear box and engine itself both of which i are big tickets items last for 10 years? Thanks in advance for your inputs
Old 16th January 2022, 15:47   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleUser View Post
Hi PC, were you able to source the Kodiak you were looking for? Curious to know from the other long time owners of the Kodiak, what is the running and maintenance cost of the vehicle, say after 3-4 yrs? Can one expect to keep a Kodiak for say 10 yrs spending about 10-15K a year and not more. What could be the parts that need frequent changes? I surely read a lot about their breakpads and shoes watch need constant attention. Do the main parts like the gear box and engine itself both of which i are big tickets items last for 10 years? Thanks in advance for your inputs
This is a tough question. Not as a kodiaq owner but as a Tiguan owner which shares many similarities:

Yes, the 2.0 TDI is fairly reliable and there are several 2.0 TDi engines running in their 10th year today with no engine work barring routine maintenance and the odd wear and tear parts (mounts, belts, etc.)
The DSG reliability is still to be seen long term as unlike the DQ250, this is a new for India gearbox. Ours on the 2.0TDi Tiguan has been reliable so far and there aren't any particular complaints on the Kodiaq either - however some members have reported issues with the gearbox on the 2.0 TSi Tiguan All Space - clunking noise, etc.

Regarding maintenance : as this is a AWD and DSG equipped vehicle, maintenance costs will exceed 10-15k annually. You can try to bring it down to 10-15K by going to an independent mechanic instead of company service station once warranty gets over, however every 3rd year you need to change the AWD oil, and every 4th year you have to change the DSG oil which will push the costs beyond 15K. There will be other consumables too like batteries, tyres (70-80k for a set), the odd sensor, and as the car ages other electrics and rubber items - not just because it's European : I've had to overhaul the AC of my Maruti S Cross near the 5 year / 65K mark, my mounts are beginning to wear as is the suspension on the Maruti; but because of our conditions : road, dust, weather, etc.
Only difference being the parts will be priced according to the value of the new car, and they may take time to arrive as due to limited numbers sold, parts may not be in stock always.

Last edited by lamborghini : 16th January 2022 at 15:49.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 19:25   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleUser View Post
Hi PC, were you able to source the Kodiak you were looking for?
Hi SimpleUser. No.

I took a test drive. The third row was unusable for any adult. Engine didn't have much punch at start or at low speed. And the seller said he already has an offer for 26.5 lakh, which he has rejected. So I walked away. XUV700 L AWD (which is due to be delivered to me in June) would be a better deal I think.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks