Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 19:50   #496
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Let me throw in a googly now - what would happen in March 2020? Will the price go down further for BS4 diesel? Do they have those engines in stock?
They stopped bs4 production weeks back. They may not have lot of units by mar end. But yes, then you will get a much better bargain then with whatever is left
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 21:56   #497
BHPian

Guys at last found the solution for the bad ride quality I was experiencing. Today installed Rogerdab Duo TPU buffer for the suspension.Its a DIY job with help of my driver installed on all four springs. Front no need to remove tyres. Rear had to remove tyres and found it little difficult to install. Now the ride height is marginally increased with better stance. Very minimal pitch and roll. Getting on and out off speed brakers is very smooth no wobbling. In uneven roads and rough road patches very less vibrations creeping into cabin compared with previous. I also feel the see saw effect is reduced. The car stands horizontal even on hard breaking. It costed me 7300. I personally feel it was worth after a year of dissatisfaction on the ride quality.
Update on the Autoheal Esperto PPF after 1 month still great in shine and gloss. Very minimal maintanence I had hardly washed it. Just a japasu duster is doing a great job. No swirl marks till date.( A special note on Viashak owner of Esperto had redone the roof free of cost as I felt there were joints because of the sunroof and rails. He did a good job with minimal joint lines.) - People in bangalore can surely go for it.

Last edited by sag_kv : 20th December 2019 at 22:04.
sag_kv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 22:16   #498
BHPian

Pictures or it didnt happen 😀. Anyways , glad to hear your ride quality issues sorted. And good to hear about Esperto PPF . Bangalore has good options when it comes to Cars detailing.
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:33   #499
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
This review has been jointly compiled with Vid6639 & Samurai. Thanks to them for the expert observations!
Talk about putting your money where your mouth is! When the reviewer of a car buys the car, you know it's really good. Viddy just booked a Kodiaq Scout (because of the black interiors) and is getting his ride very shortly. Going to be a fun new years for him .

The last car he reviewed + eventually bought was the EcoSport, which is another rockstar of a ride.

I thought I'll push him into pre-owned, but there are no used Kodiaqs on sale in Bangalore (checked OLX & Carwale).

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2019 at 10:35.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 11:07   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Talk about putting your money where your mouth is! When the reviewer of a car buys the car, you know it's really good. Viddy just booked a Kodiaq Scout (because of the black interiors) and is getting his ride very shortly. Going to be a fun new years for him .

The last car he reviewed + eventually bought was the EcoSport, which is another rockstar of a ride.

I thought I'll push him into pre-owned, but there are no used Kodiaqs on sale in Bangalore (checked OLX & Carwale).

Congrats @VID6639!
So, he has his ownership thread setup already!
shrinath_m2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 13:24   #501
BHPian

Awesome. Kodiaq Scout in those black interiors is drool worthy. My uncle just got a Kodiaq L&K, he wanted the beige interiors.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 13:37   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
They added virtual cockpit to the Octavia L&K which mine does not have early 18 model. Surely they will add features i think. Definitely l&k should get wireless charging and tpms at a minimum.
My Kodiaq L&K MY2020 came with TPMS. I had taken delivery early this month.
jayanth84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 21:39   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth84 View Post
My Kodiaq L&K MY2020 came with TPMS. I had taken delivery early this month.
TPMS with L & K , i really miss it in my L&K bought last year December. Wish they are able to install and enable to feature in older cars as well. I feel it's a basic thing to have in a car of this cost and in this segment. Please do post some pictures of the TPMS.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 14:35   #504
BHPian

Deal just done for black Kodiaq Style and will get the car in evening. All formalities will be done later on. Discount offered was too good to ignore. Will reveal it later on.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 16:42   #505
BHPian

1- Does anyone know how to stop the speed warning (which is set at 120kmph in my Kodiaq)? Tried unchecking it in the settings under “Tyre”, but didn’t work.
2- Also, the chrome rim around the front grill in the L&K is showing some spots which is not going when washed or wiped with a cloth. Anyone facing this or has solutions for this?
3- Is there a way to have the inbuilt maps connect with any device fired externally that can make it provide real-time traffic data as well?
4- Has anyone tried the Autowiz dongle that helps provide Gps tracking for cars as well as 4g WiFi in the car?
Old 25th December 2019, 16:46   #506
BHPian

Speed warning is mandatory and can't be disabled i believe for current year models.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 18:39   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Deal just done for black Kodiaq Style and will get the car in evening. All formalities will be done later on. Discount offered was too good to ignore. Will reveal it later on.
It will be good if you may please disclose the discount openly on the forum as it may help the other prospective buyer members and give them more bargaining power with their respective dealers.
Old 25th December 2019, 20:08   #508
BHPian

Got the car couple of hours back. Although its still a great deal the reason he probably agreed to go lower was because it's April manufactured, although he showed me it was billed to him Nov end only. I'm bit disappointed but still very happy with the deal. It cost me 30.2 with accessories and insurance and exchanging my Dec 10 Santa Fe. Extended warranty and RSA is additional for 92k which i might take tomorrow. On road price is approx 38(without EW) at the current discounted ex-showroom 33. So almost 8 lac discount. If I assume 50k for exchange and 50k for loyalty, that's still 6.8 for my Santa Fe. Its very high valuation so i am assuming instead he is giving 2-3 lac extra. Tbf now that i think about it its a very good deal. Good relations with the owner also helped. In morning when we visited the manager did not budge below 31.5, we stuck at 30 saying had option of Alturas G4 for around 27 with exchange. Owner called in afternoon and struck the deal for 30.2, got the car in 3 hours.

Love the black color

As someone PM'ed for details. To be clear of the details:

Kodiaq Style

Ex-showroom - 33 lacs
OTR (with insurance and accessories but no EW) - approx 38 lacs
Final price with Santa Fe exchange - 30.21 lac

The manager stuck to 31.5 in the morning when we left, but owner with whom we have good relations called and finalized the price, so please take that into account.

Request mods to please merge with my previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20191225_200742.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20191225_173533.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20191225_173735.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20191225_173633.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20191225_173805.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th December 2019 at 22:41. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
AnandB is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 06:50   #509
BHPian

Anand congrats colour looks great looks like a L&K because the bumpers look like body coloured. You really good a good deal for the Santa Fe. Outside market for 9 yr old vehicles is very bad. I sold my Jetta 2010 for meagre 2 L it was in good shape except for some turbo and clutch issues.
Happy driving.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 06:56   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
1- Does anyone know how to stop the speed warning (which is set at 120kmph in my Kodiaq)? Tried unchecking it in the settings under "Tyre", but didn't work.
2- Also, the chrome rim around the front grill in the L&K is showing some spots which is not going when washed or wiped with a cloth. Anyone facing this or has solutions for this?
3- Is there a way to have the inbuilt maps connect with any device fired externally that can make it provide real-time traffic data as well?
4- Has anyone tried the Autowiz dongle that helps provide Gps tracking for cars as well as 4g WiFi in the car?
Hi

1.You cannot stop the alarm. It is mandatory by law. All cars now come with a beep at 80 km/h and continuous alarm at 120 km/h.
2. I have some tiny lines developing on the door chrome beading on both sides. They also don't seem to go.
3. You can use Android auto. It works seamlessly and I don't think there is a better car connectivity app to provide voice activated commands, real time traffic etc in India.
4. I use a 4G Huawei Wi-Fi internet dongle, which is also used to connect to the infotainment system. GPS tracking would be nice. Please do update if you install the same as my car is chauffeur-driven most of the time.

Last edited by GTO : 27th December 2019 at 09:46. Reason: Typos and other errors
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks