Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 12:44   #376
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

I got a sms from Skoda saying a Kodiaq corporate edition is being launched. Its priced below Style. But i dont see it in their site. Anyone has any news on it?
Old 21st August 2019, 22:40   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I got a sms from Skoda saying a Kodiaq corporate edition is being launched. Its priced below Style. But i dont see it in their site. Anyone has any news on it?
I went to the showroom on Sunday and the dealer told me about an offer on the Style.

They have basically dropped the Style ex-showroom to 32.99 and now calling it the Corporate edition.

It's the Style variant only but now at lower price. Official price cut vs unofficial discount.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:44   #378
BHPian

I see the Superb Sportline prices have been dropped too... TDI was 31.5 now 28.5L ex-showroom. Is it a deal now or wait for a steal early next yr?

What is driving the cut - muted sales and switch to BS6 in Apr'20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I went to the showroom on Sunday and the dealer told me about an offer on the Style.

They have basically dropped the Style ex-showroom to 32.99 and now calling it the Corporate edition.

It's the Style variant only but now at lower price. Official price cut vs unofficial discount.
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:59   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I see the Superb Sportline prices have been dropped too... TDI was 31.5 now 28.5L ex-showroom. Is it a deal now or wait for a steal early next yr?
Sales flop! Till date I have seen only 1 Sportline in BLR, and that too may have been the Vinayak Skoda TD car .

Luxury car buyers like beige(!) unless it's a discerning enthusiast eyeing a sporty BMW M or MB AMG vehicles. The dark interiors just doesn't cut it in this segment- wish it was the 4x4 280 bhp engine though!
Old 22nd August 2019, 23:36   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post

What is driving the cut - muted sales and switch to BS6 in Apr'20?

Yes, I think its the drop in sales + upcoming BS6 that is driving this. I am happy to see this and hope to see the prices drop further where all companies were taking customers for granted here in India. Another example is the success of Hector which could manage exceptional figures in such market conditions! And I guess their pricing was one of the key parameters for their success, at least until now.
Old 27th August 2019, 08:32   #381
BHPian

Guys anyone here with skoda L&K with OEM MRF tyres. Your experience with ride quality.
Old 3rd September 2019, 11:33   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Guys anyone here with skoda L&K with OEM MRF tyres. Your experience with ride quality.
As i said before i dont feel the ride quality too bad except on really bad terrain.One of my friend bought the mahavir demo car and he also has no complaints whatsoever on ride quality.

Is it because of the poor roads surrounding tirupati. I always dread the ride from tirupati to the renigunta airport.

PS: Recently drove a friend's ecosport and felt it's ride is better than the Kodiaq
Old 3rd September 2019, 21:43   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
PS: Recently drove a friend's ecosport and felt it's ride is better than the Kodiaq
Really?. I have driven both and didn't feel EcoSport better than kodiaq ever..

I have been comparing kodiaq to endy.. didn't ever feel issues with kodiaqs ride. But yes, for offroading with in Bangalore city, I think endy is better
Old 3rd September 2019, 23:11   #384
BHPian

My friend who drives Kodiaq L&K mentioned that on few occasions he has found radiator fan running for few minutes even after the engine is switched off. He was wondering if anyone has noticed this and whether there is any issue with the car. Radiator fan stops after few minutes ( less than 5 min) without any intervention. Any thoughts ?
Old 4th September 2019, 00:48   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
My friend who drives Kodiaq L&K mentioned that on few occasions he has found radiator fan running for few minutes even after the engine is switched off. He was wondering if anyone has noticed this and whether there is any issue with the car. Radiator fan stops after few minutes ( less than 5 min) without any intervention. Any thoughts ?
It's normal - most cars do this if the engine is still hot.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 00:51   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
We've found the ride quality quite comfortable with our L&K with the OE MRF. It's been very pliant over expansion joints and smaller speed breakers. It's much better than the latest generation Fortuner which sends jolts through the cabin. Our old X1 made us quite cautious of potholes so we generally slow down for them anyway.

I've noticed this has become a seething issue for you. Try comparing a test drive vehicle or fellow BHPian's vehicle to understand if its unique to your car?

If there's one complaint, I wish the car was a little more agile but then again, I'm nitpicking. It is a large vehicle and there are some trade-offs as expected.
Old 9th September 2019, 21:40   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
If there's one complaint, I wish the car was a little more agile but then again, I'm nitpicking. It is a large vehicle and there are some trade-offs as expected.
On a 40+Lac car, i guess its not nitpicking!. They should have given ~180 horses and I felt it each time I drove one. Apart from higher than required price and lower than required horses, no other concerns on Kodiaq. But both are big concerns
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 00:11   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
On a 40+Lac car, i guess its not nitpicking!. They should have given ~180 horses and I felt it each time I drove one. Apart from higher than required price and lower than required horses, no other concerns on Kodiaq. But both are big concerns
I understand your grouse with the power output and I wish they had done a better job about it for sure. Apprehensive about remapping while on warranty but man, 6 years is a long wait.

About the pricing, to be honest, the sedan market between 35-45 OTR is chock full of interesting options (Passat, Superb, Camry Hybrid, discounted 3 series, 3 GT etc) and they are all very refined and worth considering. But when you're looking for a 5+2 SUV in the same bracket, your choices are quite limited. One competitor is the Endeavour and while it has a long feature list and is good to drive for a body-on-frame, its not a direct competitor for the ergonomically and dynamically (relatively) acclaimed city slicker that is the Kodiaq. Note that the Kodiaq is still quicker here. The CR-V has it worse than the Skoda thanks to Honda being shy with its diesel. I personally don't think the Fortuner deserves to be in the same price range other than for sheer bulk. After discounts on the Kodiaq, the gulf isn't very wide.

Again, I'm not saying Skoda should take advantage of this and give us 150 HP, just that we're not really spoilt for choice here.

Also, I primarily meant agile in terms of quick lane changes, zipping through faster city traffic (at 60-80). Its something the X1 was very comfortable doing. I wish it belied it's size and weight but the comfortable ride justifies this trade off.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 11:44   #389
BHPian

L&K Lava Blue has been booked! Eagerly waiting for it to come home

After driving two Fortuners over 6 years, it was time to change. The options were
1) New Fortuner

Positives:
Much better looking than my current (2015 model) Fortuner.
Slightly better equipped than my current 2015 model fortuner
Tried and tested, predictable total cost of ownership
Good resale
Road presence
Proper 7 seater
Not Positives:
Under equipped for the price
Road Presence
It is a Fortuner

2) 5 Seater SUV Creta/Compass/Seltos/Hector
This is of course a different segment but all new and exiting. Considered seriously, but was vetoed out as the current need is to replace a 7 seater with 7 seater. Will come back to this once it is time to change the other car, maybe in an year or two.

3) Kona
Extremely fun to drive, loaded with the right gizmos. Could not be seriously considered as it is not even a full 5 seater and availability of charging points remain elusive. Will surely come back in contention for the second car upgrade.

Kodiaq test drive was taken on my normal commute route and I found it to be a much more comfortable and fun ride than my Fortuner. Did not observe any issue due to "underpowered" engine.

Loaded with features that will be used, though I wish they had wireless charger as well which even Venue has!
Kids loved the features, specially the Canton music system and the expansive sun/moon roof. They commented that the leg room on the third row is better than Fortuner once the middle row seats are pushed forward, don't know if that is true, but how do I care... they are the ones who will use the 3rd row seats once in a while!
Have opted for the 6 years warranty for some peace of mind considering it is a Skoda, though I know the Skoda service and customer orientation has greatly improved over years. I have owned a Laura L&K before, was lucky enough to have escaped the issues faced by so many Skoda owners during those days.

One question to the current Kodiaq owners.. How is the paint quality, do you need PPF or similar treatment? Paint quality on my current Fortuner was pathetic.
danc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 22:56   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
Is it because of the poor roads surrounding tirupati. I always dread the ride from tirupati to the renigunta airport.

The roads are pretty good here. No potholes. But there are lot of cement roads which are obviously bumpy. I tried different air pressures in my recent trip to Chennai on the highway the ride was very bad. What I found out was I started the journey with 35 psi and within 40 KM's pressures rose by 4 to 5 psi in each tyre. I reduced the pressure to 35 psi during the journey and found remarkable difference in ride comfort the bumpy feeling reduced. While I was in Chennai I did wheel balancing and filled with nitrogen at 33 Psi. On my return journey felt the ride quality to be improved.
The only gripe I have is the feeling of every small undulation /rough patch on the roads this maybe because I am comparing it with other smaller cars sedans and I have been using the Jetta for nearly 9 yrs which I have travelled 2 L kms.I will try experimenting with psi further to get the best comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks