Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:19   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Is opting for extended warranty at a later date (especially after a few years) an option provided by Skoda? I don't think they allow this. You may be able to avail the extended warranty only if taken within a few weeks/ months from the date of purchase. Well thats my understanding. Also, we bought a Superb for a colleague, and while the extended warranty was available at 1.2lacs at the time of purchase, they have increased the cost to 1.45lacs now (after 4-5 months of purchase) as we had not purchased it then.
Extended warranty for Kodiaq is 90k. You need to take it at the time of the booking ideally. But they always give an option to extend warranty one to two years down the line too perhaps at a slightly higher cost. They had a similar scheme even earlier this year for Rapid, Octavia etc. So that time, it is possible to extend.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:46   #317
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Thank you! Have you decided on a variant and color?

Definitely L&K as of now. I currently own a White Honda CR-V, hence contemplating the Blue colour, looks awesome in blue as it does in white.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2019 at 21:25. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 22nd May 2019, 23:13   #318
BHPian

@sag_kv and @sandeepsarma, can you guys post more pics of your respective L&Ks. Would be good to see the Kodiaqs in the two awesome colors.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 10:51   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Definitely L&K as of now. I currently own a White Honda CR-V, hence contemplating the Blue colour, looks awesome in blue as it does in white.
Makes sense. I had a Blue X1 before this so didn't want Blue again. Liked how the White looked on the Kodiaq which btw looks very different from the white on Superb or Octavia too.

Quote:
@sag_kv and @sandeepsarma, can you guys post more pics of your respective L&Ks.
Don't have any more photos of the outside but I am planning to take photos soon for the ownership report. For now, have some interior shots that I took to show a friend. I'm sure many here might appreciate it too.

Here is a reference photo of the seats on the style

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img20190504wa0019.jpg

This photo shows the stitching of the seats as well as the L&K branding. I feel the quality as well as fit and finish of the leather on the seats is better than the Style too.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095743.jpg

3rd Row seat with one seat folded. The package strapped to the back of the seats are the blankets for the nap package.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095455.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095539.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095525.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095736.jpg

Here is the amount of legroom I have with the drivers seat adjusted to my position. I am 6 feet tall. The second row is also at its rear most position.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190522_095804.jpg

Last edited by sandeepsarma : 23rd May 2019 at 10:53.
sandeepsarma is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 00:02   #320
BHPian

Just got back from a long highway trip to Vijayawada via the regular highway route and to some small villages for visiting a marriage function. This time tanked up exclusively with Reliance Diesel. It makes a world of difference, previously used to tank up at a BP COCO. All the info on tbhp on emission tests passing on RIL fuel are true.Previously it felt a little tough to overtake on highways but on the new diet the big bear feels faster and easily overtakes slow moving trucks and buses.
Old 24th May 2019, 12:01   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
All the info on tbhp on emission tests passing on RIL fuel are true.Previously it felt a little tough to overtake on highways but on the new diet the big bear feels faster and easily overtakes slow moving trucks and buses.

Thats quite interesting. I haven't tried many RIL pumps primarily because they aren't too popular here. I always fill either Shell or Indian Oil. Indian Oil mostly while traveling since Shell isn't too common outside Bangalore and other large cities. I have filled at RIL just once maybe 3 years or so ago and back then it didn't really give me any difference in the driving or fuel economy. But I am sure the fuel used does make a huge difference overall so looking forward to trying RIL sometimes soon. I almost never fill from BP and only fill from HP if I really need it and there is no other pump in sight
Old 24th May 2019, 18:51   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
This time tanked up exclusively with Reliance Diesel. It makes a world of difference, previously used to tank up at a BP COCO.
+1 to that.

On highways I too prefer Reliance bunks only. No worries about quality, working POS Machine and clean washroom.

Within city limits if no Reliance available; then HP is the preferred choice.
Old 24th May 2019, 22:41   #323
BHPian

Just swapped the original rims and tyres. Earlier Kodiaqs used to come with Hankooks. However the newer ones come with MRF Markus 235/55/R18 along with 18" rims. The tyres don't do justice to the Kodiaq. Too much road noise and not enough grip. I got the Contact Sport 5 from Cotinental in 245/45/R19. Lowers the ride by 6 mm approx. Not much so went ahead with it. 235/50/R19 is the Euro spec for L&K and 235/45/R20 on the VRS. But 20" is Overkill here. I wanted to get an inch larger with a lower profile for the look but not too low profile and too large a rim so this felt perfect.

I had used Michelin PS4 on my Octavia earlier and I loved it. Wanted to get those but the size wasn't available. Apparently 245/45/R19 isn't very common and the Tyre set I got is manufactured in 2017. Warranty is valid from 2019 on the date that I purchase though so not too worried about it.

The rims are 19" Momo Spider. Very similar to the 17" Momo Massimo I had on my Octavia just a bit more angular and aggressive looking. Here's a sneak peek at the ride now

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190524_222017.jpg
sandeepsarma is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 22:49   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post

The rims are 19" Momo Spider. Very similar to the 17" Momo Massimo I had on my Octavia just a bit more angular and aggressive looking. Here's a sneak peek at the ride now

Attachment 1878786
Sweet wheels. One thing though, I'm pretty positive that the B and C pillar has the white stickers on from the showroom and this is not a colour scheme. One is the sticker white is not same as the car white and second is that I've seen the white sticker on the pillar on a blue Kodiaq exactly the same.
Old 24th May 2019, 22:53   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Sweet wheels. One thing though, I'm pretty positive that the B and C pillar has the white stickers on from the showroom and this is not a colour scheme. One is the sticker white is not same as the car white and second is that I've seen the white sticker on the pillar on a blue Kodiaq exactly the same.
Thanks. Yes they are stickers. The B and C pillars are black. I plan to get them wrapped hence why I haven't removed the stickers yet. Only the bumpers and side skirt gets body color.
Old 25th May 2019, 20:48   #326
BHPian

Some more photos of the Kodiaq as requested after I changed the rims and tyres.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190525_204716.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190525_204703.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190525_204830.jpg
sandeepsarma is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 20:59   #327
BHPian

Well done. Those rims look very classic and taking the car to the next level. Enjoy!
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 15:48   #328
BHPian

@sandeepsarma, looks classy! Also, thanks to your earlier post on the difference between the two variants, am noticing the difference whenever I see the rare Kodiaqs on the roads. The black bumpers suddenly look like an eyesore.
Old 27th May 2019, 15:32   #329
BHPian

@sandeepsarma, @sag_kv, how are you finding the effectiveness of the aircon? Have heard that it's not as effective and requires one to blast the fan to a high speed for it to be effective, which is something that I hate doing as it kills the fun of a great music system. Would be great to know from you two your experience so far.
Old 27th May 2019, 23:48   #330
BHPian

Quote:
@sandeepsarma, looks classy! Also, thanks to your earlier post on the difference between the two variants, am noticing the difference whenever I see the rare Kodiaqs on the roads. The black bumpers suddenly look like an eyesore.
Thanks. I agree dude. I wouldn't have known it unless I saw the L&K. It definitely makes a difference on lighter colored models for sure especially white. Black is the best color that way for style as it helps mask it.

Quote:
@sandeepsarma, @sag_kv, how are you finding the effectiveness of the aircon? Have heard that it's not as effective and requires one to blast the fan to a high speed for it to be effective, which is something that I hate doing as it kills the fun of a great music system. Would be great to know from you two your experience so far.
TBH, yes, the cooling from the air con on any German car I feel pales in comparison to Japanese cars especially and that's because of where they do their testing as well as R&D I believe. In Europe and other colder countries, cooling isn't needed as much as in India or Middle East. I grew up in Bahrain and similar AC issues due to it breaking down or inefficieny in cooling has happened to my friends or dad's friends cars.

However with that said, it has become better. I feel it does a better job at cooling than my Octavia and while it takes more time to cool especially on a warm day or if you've parked too long under the sun, once the car is fairly cool, it does just as well in terms of make maintaining the cool. But yes, you may have to go full blast for a bit after which you can tone down the speed and temperature.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks