Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:17   #241
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Is this a general problem or only on 3rd row?. How is it in the front and middle rows?
This is a general problem.

Third row is a different problem due to lack of AC vents.

One of the other theories people have proposed is that it is because of sun roof.
Old 22nd February 2019, 15:22   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
One of the other theories people have proposed is that it is because of sun roof.
Wondering if it is to do with the larger size cabin to cool with a comparable size engine/compressor vis-a-vis Octavia if the later is comparable?
Old 28th February 2019, 11:09   #243
BHPian

I had same issue with my Jetta 2010 TDI Manual. After 3 yrs of using when A/C was taking almost half hour to cool and we were sweating inside the service people found an issue with some part in the evaporator coil and replaced it ever since it has been working fine.
Hoping its not same issue with the Kodiaq. As the summer has set in will get to know the true cooling power of the kodiaq. Please also see that you cover the front door glasses and the rear triangular glasses with some mesh or heat guards as the kodiaq comes with non tinted glasses and radiates lot of heat inside. Dont know why a premium car like this comes with plain glass.

Last edited by sag_kv : 28th February 2019 at 11:12.
sag_kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 11:29   #244
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Temporary price-cut on the Kodiaq !

I am however not sure if this price-cut is applicable on 2019 manufactured variants or on the 2018 leftover inventory only.

Source : Skoda Kodiaq
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-kodiaq.png  

//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 13:38   #245
BHPian

Rated 5 stars! This is the refined alternative for people who don’t want to own the ladder-on-frame behemoths. It is surprisingly easy to drive within the city. I wonder why would anyone buy the Q3 over this awesome product!
balderash_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 22:44   #246
BHPian

A quick update, the Varta battery died down in my 6 months. On Wednesday my car did not start. Skoda RSA jump started the car and took it away to the dealer to check. They charged the battery and put it back again.
Have been advised by SA that Skoda warranty claim is only possible when it fails again. Like a scientific experiment they need two failed measurements to say that the battery is a failure.

Got a taste of the infamous skoda ASS

Last edited by hondatoyotafan : 15th March 2019 at 22:45. Reason: needed to change
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 09:35   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
A quick update, the Varta battery died down in my 6 months. On Wednesday my car did not start. Skoda RSA jump started the car and took it away to the dealer to check. They charged the battery and put it back again.
Have been advised by SA that Skoda warranty claim is only possible when it fails again. Like a scientific experiment they need two failed measurements to say that the battery is a failure.

Varta batteries are quite infamous for failing early in India due to extreme heat conditions. They work fine in cold climates but in India they start giving trouble early. In both my Yeti and Laura the batteries hardly lasted for 18-24 months. I switched over to Exide after that for both my cars and Exide lasts easily 3-4 years.
Old 16th March 2019, 13:36   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
A battery can get drained due to reasons not attributable to the battery health as well, like if you were to keep the car parking lights on through the night, etc. So ASS from any car company would do exactly what they did in your case, bro. They need to be sure that it is indeed an issue with the battery, and this is a way to check (though there are chances that the reason for the battery to drain the second time could again be due to a bad habit ).

I have had the battery of my Yeti replaced by Skoda ASS team not once, but twice...and the second one was in the 4th year of purchase, when they were not obligated to. But they took it upon themselves to replace with the logic that the battery they had replaced earlier should've atleast run 24 months without a problem.
Old 16th March 2019, 23:33   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
A battery can get drained due to reasons not attributable to the battery health as well, like if you were to keep the car parking lights on through the night, etc. So ASS from any car company would do exactly what they did in your case, bro. They need to be sure that it is indeed an issue with the battery, and this is a way to check (though there are chances that the reason for the battery to drain the second time could again be due to a bad habit ).

I have had the battery of my Yeti replaced by Skoda ASS team not once, but twice...and the second one was in the 4th year of purchase, when they were not obligated to. But they took it upon themselves to replace with the logic that the battery they had replaced earlier should've atleast run 24 months without a problem.
You might be lucky and might have got a good ASS, but my experience was not like that. The SA's are clueless and outright rude. In contrast when the battery died down in my Maruti Swift under warranty no questions were asked. Just replacement within 3 hours.
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 13:51   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq and Karoq Get 2.0 TSI Engine With 190 HP in the UK.

Quote:
Regarding performance, the 2.0 TSI 190Kodiaq can sprint from 0to 62 mph in just 7.7 seconds. Fuel consumption varies with trim, but the most frugal is the SE L model that returns 31.7 - 30.1 mpg on the WLTP combined cycle. CO2 emissions for this model are 162g/km
Quote:
The Karoq is even faster, naturally, reaching 62mph in only 7 seconds, as it is just a tad heavier than 1.5 tons.
In both cases, the 2.0 TSI is matched to a 7-speed DSG gearbox and 4x4.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th March 2019 at 13:53.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 12:38   #251
BHPian

are there any Kodiaq owners here having trouble with the gearbox? any weird sounds coming from the dashboard?
Old 9th April 2019, 06:40   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
are there any Kodiaq owners here having trouble with the gearbox? any weird sounds coming from the dashboard?
Nope, nothing on my car.

Could you please share some more details?
Old 9th April 2019, 13:03   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, nothing on my car.

Could you please share some more details?
I wish I had more details, I stay in Aurangabad where the Kodiaq is manufactured. One of my friend works for Skoda he told me the company just received a 500 kms run Kodiaq having gearbox issue. Also my cousin who works for VW group told me his friend who owns a Kodiaq (Gujarat) kept having issues, he will go to the service center and fix it and the problem (some noise while driving) kept coming back.
sreejinair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 14:12   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I wish I had more details
Hmm...we have a few owners on the forum, let us see if it gets reported here.
Until then, it could just be hearsay.
Old 9th April 2019, 14:36   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm...we have a few owners on the forum, let us see if it gets reported here.
Until then, it could just be hearsay.
Well not everyone who owns Kodiaq will be on t-bhp. I know it is a fact and not hearsay. I can't give you the vehicle number for obvious reasons. Do I have the vehicle number? I do

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks