Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2019, 00:11   #346
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
With German cars it goes without saying, purchase Extended Warranty as much it is available.

VAG cars normally only need regular servicing. Wear & tear is nominal unless OEM parts car bad, e.g. Vento rear suspension and front suspension strut kit mounts.

I have been sending my car to A.S.S. workshop only. VW Autobahn Nerul is very competent and not expensive. Same goes for BMW Infinity Turbhe, with BSI+RI cost is not a factor.

Thanks for that. Just to clarify my issue is not with merc /bmw. I meant specifically in the context of Skoda / VW where the dealers are known to often be shady.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd June 2019 at 10:27. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 12th June 2019, 11:57   #347
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Thanks for that. Just to clarify my issue is not with merc /bmw. I meant specifically in the context of Skoda / VW where the dealers are known to often be shady.
My experience with both VW and Skoda has been fine. I had a Vento which i had no major issues with and servicing was done well too, only replacement parts that were needed were brake pads apart from the usual stuff. Skoda too was fine with my Octavia and while every service centre will differ, I think Skoda has greatly improved their service and quality since the initial horror stories that used to be posted on the forum. Nowdays, they are quite efficient and reliable.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 15:18   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Shady dealers or not, we took extended warranty with our Laura, as well as Tiguan.

If something major does go wrong, it is an additional shield there to cover costs - especially with the DSG 500 in the Tiguan that hasn't been properly tried and tested in our conditions.

Plus, in some cities, the dealers are fairly decent - like in Mumbai - Autobahn, Shaman, etc are decent guys; and Skoda in particular has pretty decent support from the Indian HQ which is a re-assuring sign.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 16:03   #349
BHPian

Congratulations to those who have brought home the L&K. It's a crisp business class SUV and tightly put together. Checked out the L&K at Jai Auto Mathura Road and came out impressed once again. Enough has been said already about the missed opportunity in engine state of tune, so won't rant on that.

O.T: Is the 'skoda dealers are thugs' statement that I see repeated often still relevant.? I mean all actual owners I've spoken to and whose comments I read here are all mostly positive. Is this just the baggage of a dark past that generally echoes around?
Are skoda dealers specially more thuggy than any other average dealer ?
Old 13th June 2019, 21:33   #350
BHPian

Quick question to owners, sensors around the car - are they trouble in traffic while driving? I was reading somewhere that they trigger often and that leads to reduction in music system volume etc. Is there a way to turn them off with a button and only turn them back on while parking?
Old 13th June 2019, 22:43   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Congratulations to those who have brought home the L&K.Checked out the L&K at Jai Auto Mathura Road and came out impressed once again.Is this just the baggage of a dark past that generally echoes around?
Are skoda dealers specially more thuggy than any other average dealer ?
Thank you are you planning on getting one?

I've not face any issues with Skoda dealer or service centre btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Quick question to owners, sensors around the car. Is there a way to turn them off with a button and only turn them back on while parking?
I used to have them on always on the Octavia. Was not too bad then. On this I've disabled because of two things. 1. Sensors are all around so as you mentioned, chances of it triggering are higher.
2. We have a baby now who is a very light sleeper. If any of the sensors go off after he sleeps then he surely will wake up.

So yes, can disable it easily and gets active only when you engage reverse or automatic parking.

Last edited by sandeepsarma : 13th June 2019 at 23:00.
sandeepsarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 15:50   #352
BHPian

Small update on the car. Just received and installed a screen protector for the Kodiaq centre screen. Ordered it via AliExpress from China. Took slightly over a month and costs 8$.

It covers the entire display as well as touch buttons and has cutouts for the rotary dials. Doesn't affect functionality nor the touch sensitivity. No air bubbles either. It is also less prone to fingerprints than the glossy faceplate of the system but it also adds some extra reflection on the downside.

Note : It looks more reflective in photos than in real life

You can get it here if interested.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cbhWGI6U
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190617_152733.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190617_150754.jpg  

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190617_144246.jpg  

sandeepsarma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 22:26   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Kodiaq facelift spotted for EU 2020 launch:
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...ught-on-camera

Similar to Superb updates with LED lights, Virtual Cockpit & the VW hybrid package
Old 21st June 2019, 15:50   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Guys, I have a question for all the experts out there. I have been offered a 4 lakh discount on a 2018 manufactured Kodiaq (Red Color - Style version) the odo reads 46 kms. I do plan to keep the car for a long time, say 8 to 10 years. Need some advice.
I think the Red color was discontinued by mid 2018. So check the month of manufacturing. It would most likely be a Q1 or early Q2 2018 model, which you can find from the chassis number.

They were giving ~3.5L in Dec for Q3 models. So you may have more room for negotiation since we are already near Q3 2019 and the car is most likely ~14 months old (based on manufacturing date)

Btw, what discounts are they giving for new cars now?. Recent buyers?
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 23:02   #355
BHPian

Visited the skoda dealership at Mathura Road to check out the Kodiaq.

A few pictures that cement my opinion that Skoda makes the most smashing looking cars on our roads.Their entire line up is a conglomerate of crisp crystal cut cars.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-skodiaq2.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-skodiaq1.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-skodiaq.jpg

The L&K looks much better than the Style in flesh as observed by sandeep few posts earlier. There were some discounts based on credit cards, loyalty bonus, corporate etc to the tune of 1.5 lacs. The L&K is still priced above everything else in the segment and seems overpriced even after the discounts.

The kodiaq is a tightly built well put together suv that is perfectly suited to tackle the concrete jungle.

The Skoda shield comes with a 1year zero dep+3 year third party insurance and extended warranty for 6 years with road side assistance. For an additional 2.3 lacs.

I'll put out a more detailed TD report later.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 21st June 2019 at 23:26.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:55   #356
BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq facelift spied

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190622_085503.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-img_20190622_085454.jpg

The Skoda Kodiaq facelift is likely to make its global debut later this year. The India launch of the same is going to take place sometime next year after the debut of the updated iterations of the Superb and the Octavia sedans.

Details here
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:27   #357
BHPian

I am a Skoda Octavia 1.8tsi owner since 2013 barring the first year & a half have been very satisfied with Skoda authorized service centre (Jai Auto Delhi). Times have changed at Skoda and I am in love with VW group to the extent that am getting a Tiguan Highline in a few days. Plus long time Skoda/VW owners would endorse that the prices of parts & consumables have brought down. I bought Skoda/VW coolant 2 years back at around 1200/- for a bottle, now it is around 450/-. Same product, much lower price.
saurabh sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:51   #358
BHPian

Can anyone tell how to activate the voice enhancement feature? Somehow it worked once but I did not specifically do anything. I found the screen where the volume level can be adjusted but is there a button to activate? Appreciate your response.
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:03   #359
BHPian

Some updates. Had my first long distance trip on the Kodiaq. Covered over 1200 kms over the weekend. Funnily this is the first time that it has taken so long for any car that I purchased to cover 1000 kms. One and a half months to be precise but I was traveling so didn't use it for many days either. The X1 for example, covered 1000 kms on the second day lol. Here are some photos from the trip. I've removed the protectors on the pillars now. Contemplating wrapping them in glossy white as I did like the look earlier. What do you guys think?

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190702_093238.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190702_093210.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190702_093321.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Skoda Kodiaq facelift spied
Might just be me but I'm unable to understand the changes clearly. Perhaps the camo is causing it. But I'm glad that there isn't a huge refresh since that'll be sad considering I just got it a month ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Can anyone tell how to activate the voice enhancement feature?
There's nothing else needed. You just need to adjust the slider based on how much amplification you need. It shows off when all the way to the left but if you even move it to first level, it shows its active and shows the level too. I don't use the feature personally but have tried it a few times to demonstrate the same to others.

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190702_100147.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq : Official Review-psx_20190702_100128.jpg
sandeepsarma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 23:23   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsarma View Post
Some updates. Had my first long distance trip on the Kodiaq. Covered over 1200 kms over the weekend.
How was the highway manners of the Kodiaq sandeep? I assume you would've gone loaded all up?

Your white kodiaq looks killer. It is the single reason I would consider getting a white car, that's a first time ever.

By the way, eagerly waiting for your ownership review dude.!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks